Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) (23630 Views)

Fashola Denies Writing Judgement For Presidential Election Tribunal / Soldiers Rescue Colleague Held In ISWAP Captivity For Over 3 Months (Video) / South-east Group Denies Promising To Deliver Nnamdi Kanu To Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Naijalarry: 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgIzfndtlBc

Babatunde Fashola has denied promising that the All Progressives Congress (APC) will fix power supply issues in six months.

Several reports claimed that the Minister of Works and Housing promised in the lead-up to the 2015 election that if voted in, the APC would solve Nigeria’s power challenge. The reports went further to claim that Fashola urged Nigerians to “stone” him if the promise was not kept.

But the minister has denied making such a statement, describing it as a “lie that I allowed”.

“One of the things that were said about me was that I said we would electrify Nigeria in six months,” Fashola said during a Channels Television’s election show The 2023 Verdict on Monday.

“It was a lie that I allowed to run until the day I asked my media men to play the tape back and since then that lie has gone.”

The minister said he could not have made the comment since the tone did not align with his personality.

“I know that in the way I speak, I don’t use words like stone. I am not even a violent person. Stone is violence. I don’t use those kinds of words. They are not part of my vocabulary,” he added.

‘Not Delivering Results’

Fashola also decried the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) naira swap policy, saying public officeholders should review their plans if they are not producing the right results.

“I empathise with those challenges but some of them are the result of policy and it is the responsibility of public servants, especially those responsible for those policies to look back and say, ‘Did we intend to cause this pain?’

“And if the policy is not working, perhaps you have to readjust and also ask yourself whether you thought this through. As a public officer, before and now, I have had cause to reverse myself, when I saw that my policies were causing unintended results.

“So, I have no responsibility in those two areas and therefore I cannot speak to the details of the facts that are available to the policymakers but the important thing is that those policies are not yet delivering the results and are delivering a lot of inconvenience for [people],” he said.

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/06/a-lie-i-allowed-fashola-denies-promising-apc-will-fix-power-in-six-months/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by michlins(m): 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
Do not trust these people. Vote wisely

382 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by FORHII: 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2023
I have always loved and respected Babatunde Raji Fashola, but on this one; Kai! Walahi! BRF fall my hand...he should have come up with an excuse for his failure as a minister of this administration. Kai! Defending this APC thing makes one look more stupid than he/she actually is.
No wonder their presidential candidate is playing the opposition since he has nothing to campaign with, failure from security to economy, from agriculture to basic social amenities...SMH

256 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Johnthum(m): 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
Trust APC at your own peril.
APC is just like the more you look the less you see.

229 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Naijanascam: 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
Hahahaha ogbeni take it easy...... after all it's not Rocket science

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Ineedhustle247: 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2023

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by ybalogs(m): 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
The CIA reports he died of "Linusitis"

"Linusitis is a disease that occurs when unrecounted lie residues accumulate at the edges of a liars mouth for a period of over 12 years.

It can be deadly, especially in adults and has a mortality rate of 99.99%"- Google

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Triangles1(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Politicians are known to be Judas Iscariot modern day version, they deny for living.

62 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
We are in the election period when new fake promises are made and the ones made before are denied.

Only unreasonable people will vote PDAPC

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Earlystar698(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Omooo things dey happen 🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by OkCornel(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Lol… was it another Fashola that said Nigeria’s electricity problem isn’t rocket science?

Or is Fashola now telling us APC didn’t form
a serious government between 2015-2023 thereby wasting every Nigerian’s time?

https://m.facebook.com/Nigeria1stNews/videos/any-serious-govt-can-fix-power-problem-within-six-month-fashola-during-jonathan-/1147184305440657/

Same way APC will deny they made promises to Nigerians in 2023 just as they did in 2014/2015.

Time wasters and fraudsters! Whoever campaigns and vote for these folks deserve no iota of pity. Same set of clowns that will open new monikers with sob stories to beg for money 😡

65 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Ogun kill u and ur fellow criminal politicians...

Na thunder go fire u and ur family together...

Criminal bastard!

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by atobs4real(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Why dragging me back? Let's do something new joor

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Oh my god...he has denied it.

And folks would still vote for APC...

Seriously, the only way you can fix power is by allowing DISCOS to charge what they wish to charge, so long as it is above what it costs to produce one kwh of power, and then you go after defaulters with the full wrath of the law....

But APC kept prices below production costs for years, forcing many discos to declare force maejure (not counting the disco in charge of the NE which declared force maejure because security bad)....and thus the power supply worsened.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Searchingvictor: 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Omo
Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by asobo1: 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Another senior advocate of nonsense under the incompetent APC regime has spoken. What do you expect from an an Asiwaju prodigy?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Capernum: 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
It is easy to deny na... Greedy shallow minded people

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by LAXconfidential(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
And this is the party begging Nigerians to entrust their votes with them again..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by atobs4real(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Why dragging me back? Let's do something new joor.
Start talking to the air
Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
grin APC all promises canceled.

See how APC literally wasted 8 years of majority of Nigerians...

Give APC fire

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by chukadiho1(m): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
See finish at its best! May APC not happen to Nigeria again.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by BrickDevo: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nigerians are mad, is fixing power a rocket science?
Is a global concession that Nigeria remained trapped and the scary part is that Nigerian leaders agreed to it.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Ayoola171(m): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
Okay
Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by asanausana91: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
I trust Nigerians, they will dig out the video of 2014.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by NaijaMutant(f): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
Mr Rocket science is now living in denial cheesy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
APC always lying

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by ochilikoko(m): 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
This is how sick Tiniboo will deny all his promises if elected.
I'm Obidient to the core

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by NaijaMutant(f): 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
Expecting anything good from APC is insanity undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) by Dialpad: 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
Prove it, we need to see where he specifically stated that he will provide electricity in 6months

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN Condems Xenophobia / "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri / Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.