Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,903 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) (7266 Views)

Supreme Court Yet To Take Decision On Naira Swap Policy - Ozekhome / Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy / Fashola: Naira Notes Scarcity Hurting Nigerians, The Policy Must Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Naijalarry: 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQxB3LVkyKc

The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has advised the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to review its naira swap policy to reverse its negative impact on Nigerians.

Fashola, who made a live appearance on Channels Television’s The 2023 Verdict on Monday, was reacting to the outcry over the widespread scarcity of the N200, N500, and N1,000 banknotes since they were unveiled on November 23, 2022.

According to the CBN, the old versions of those denominations will no longer be legal tenders after February 10, 2023 as the apex bank targets hoarders of illicit funds in the buildup to the general elections.

The minister bemoaned the hardship brought on by the directive of the apex bank, saying it was imperative that public officeholders reviewed their policies when they had the opposite effect than desired.

“I empathise with those challenges but some of them are the result of policy and it is the responsibility of public servants, especially those responsible for those policies to look back and say, ‘Did we intend to cause this pain?’

“And if the policy is not working, perhaps you have to readjust and to also ask yourself whether you thought this through. As a public officer, before and now, I have had cause to reverse myself, when I saw that my policies were causing unintended results.

“So, I have no responsibility on those two areas and therefore I cannot speak to the details of the facts that are available to the policymakers but the important thing is that those policies are not yet delivering the results and are delivering a lot of inconvenience for [people],” he said.

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/06/fashola-advises-cbn-to-readjust-naira-swap-policy-others-causing-pain/

8 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Naijanascam: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2023
We are laffffing in swahili

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by FORHII: 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2023
Ha

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by technuel: 6:25am On Feb 07, 2023
K

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by ipobarecriminals: 6:25am On Feb 07, 2023
cool
Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by MilesMaxwell: 6:26am On Feb 07, 2023
Okay

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:26am On Feb 07, 2023
Na that readjust dey cause problem

7 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Villa12(m): 6:26am On Feb 07, 2023
The old and new notes should run simultaneously until the old notes phases out

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Ogaga87(m): 6:26am On Feb 07, 2023
Mad man from Lagos...

Mad man from Lagos...

Mad man from Lagos...

Mad man from Lagos...

Mad man from Lagos...

Mad man from Lagos...

When the policy of salary payment to ASUU made people stayed at home for eight months, did you speak..

Who ever wants to die should kick the bucket, Buhari killing you all till May..

And God doing, you will lose..

Urchins BAT things on Nigeria is a no no

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by southsouthking(m): 6:26am On Feb 07, 2023
Agent Fash, we are not complaining.
Anyone complaining is either an APC supporter, or a strong Urchin.
Broom Broom Broom Broom Broom.
Let’s endure a little bit, election is by the corner.
After the election we can even go back to the old notes.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Mide3367: 6:26am On Feb 07, 2023
angry
Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Racoon(m): 6:27am On Feb 07, 2023
Suddenly the disaster the APC has been in the past 7 years is nothing but a CBN policy targeted against their vote buying and weaponisation of poverty? E no go better for una. Bastards!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Nobody: 6:27am On Feb 07, 2023
No, the policy must continue. No stopping, no wahala.

13 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by adecz: 6:27am On Feb 07, 2023
All these useless political slaves
of Tinubu.

Since the problem of this currency
nonsense started, no APC bigwig could
make any statement criticising it because
they were afraid of Buhari.

But since Tinubu started complaining
about it, all of them, El-rufai, Fashola,
Ganduje, etc have suddenly become

😐😐😐😐😐
brave and found their voices.

19 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by lifeandjoy: 6:27am On Feb 07, 2023
They are crying over the naira more than the ordinary citizens.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Searchingvictor: 6:27am On Feb 07, 2023
Noted
Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:29am On Feb 07, 2023
Unfortunately because it came from fashola, Obingo dunce will rather oppose it when it's glaringly clear that's the situation on ground.

They're so brainwashed that no matter how sensible and reasonable an opinion is, once it came from anything close to Tinubu, they'll go against it.

If brainlessness is a name, they should be answering

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by ITbomb(m): 6:29am On Feb 07, 2023
If it were 2019, the headline would have been " PDP is causing pain with the Naira Swap Policy"

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:30am On Feb 07, 2023
Oya vomit rubbish as usual because it came from fashola.

Racoon:
Racoon:
Suddenly the disaster the APC has been in the past 7 years is nothing but a CBN policy targeted against their vote buying and weaponisation of poverty? E no go better for una. Bastards!
I said it, irrational, emotional Wailer.
Always talking out of emotions. At your age Chief Wailer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by JoshTim: 6:32am On Feb 07, 2023
This is the truth.....i have a lot of old notes with me....and i don't have idea what to do with it....take it to bank and suffer before 10th or gold on to it to suffer getting phased out.
Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by obi58: 6:33am On Feb 07, 2023
Naira is painful but we can bear it until after the election.

The one we cannot bear is buying fuel at N400 per liter.

If apc wants to intervene, then let them address this immediately.

However we know they are a monumental failure and are only interested in pursuing their selfish interests at the expense of the suffering masses.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Bioko2: 6:34am On Feb 07, 2023
Naijalarry:

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/06/fashola-advises-cbn-to-readjust-naira-swap-policy-others-causing-pain/

Fashola shameless old thief.

African 'leaders' are so shameless like the only reason they came to this world was to come and steal

7 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Racoon(m): 6:35am On Feb 07, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Oya vomit rubbish as usual because it came from fashola.I said it, irrational, emotional Wailer.Always talking out of emotions. At your age Chief Wailer
Nothing new! You guys love suffering. Hence a government that have inflicted unprecedented suffering never seen in a nation suddenly start seeing a good policy of the Central Bank working against their weaponisation of poverty as anti-people? You notice I rarely reply your senseless mentions? That is how it is.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by tolexy007(m): 6:36am On Feb 07, 2023
grin dey don't talk about fuel scarcity, because it doesn't affect Dem, but Only the Naira redesign, because it will stop Dem from buying votes during election.. Awon odaran gbogbo

10 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by poncedeleon: 6:41am On Feb 07, 2023
this is exactly what oshiomole is saying here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApitQ5J6Ivc
Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by CHIGIM: 6:41am On Feb 07, 2023
Sorry O E pain u
See its not about fashola or obingo like u said but in life nothing good comes easy and as an obident fellow we say its ok for now.
We can manage till after election.
Thank u and i come in peace
TheNiceGuy:
Unfortunately because it came from fashola, Obingo dunce will rather oppose it when it's glaringly clear that's the situation on ground.

They're so brainwashed that no matter how sensible and reasonable an opinion is, once it came from anything close to Tinubu, they'll go against it.

If brainlessness is a name, they should be answering

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by Nyanabo(m): 6:43am On Feb 07, 2023
Fools, 5montgs now we've been suffering fuel scarcity. We buy fuels at exorbitant prices, from 400 naira to 700 per litres. Yet the NNPCL keep assuring Nigerias they have 3 months worth of supply at the various depot.

Nigerians were not suffering all this time, because it didn't affect the elites. 8months of ASSU strike no body came out to say the students are suffering. After calling of the strike many were not able to go back to school. Increments of goods and services round the country, untold hardship Nigerians are not suffering all through this time.

Hypocrites.

Now this one affected everyone corrupt people in government are wailing to high heavens.

10 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by free2ryhme: 6:43am On Feb 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by CHIGIM: 6:43am On Feb 07, 2023
JoshTim:
This is the truth.....i have a lot of old notes with me....and i don't have idea what to do with it....take it to bank and suffer before 10th or gold on to it to suffer getting phased out.
to be safe go and deposit it in the bank o
Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by princeade86(m): 6:43am On Feb 07, 2023
Stop the cry
Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by nedekid: 6:45am On Feb 07, 2023
Ogaga87:
Mad man from Lagos...

Mad man from Lagos...

Mad man from Lagos...

Mad man from Lagos...

Mad man from Lagos...

Mad man from Lagos...

When the policy of salary payment to ASUU made people stayed at home for eight months, did you speak..

Who ever wants to die should kick the bucket, Buhari killing you all till May..

And God doing, you will lose..

Urchins BAT things on Nigeria is a no no
When he joined to raise our debt to over $200b, money we cannot pay, when they killed the naira from 200 to 800 per dollar driving over 100m Nigerians into poverty, he did not speak neither did he care for common man. When he built houses in Lagos and priced them so high, nobody without stealing could buy, he claimed no cheap land in Lagos. He did not care for common man then. Until Ambode came and crashed the prices.
This one all these apc goods are caring for common man now. Whats up with that? This sudden concern.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Naira Swap Policy Is Causing Pain, CBN Should Readjust It (Video) by JoshTim: 6:46am On Feb 07, 2023
CHIGIM:
to be safe go and deposit it in the bank o

Lol, so i won't have money to transport myself to work and eat?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej / I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe / Possible Solution To Nigeria's Health Care Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.