Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,569 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down (52318 Views)

Naira Crisis: Banks Fear Heighten As Customers Shun Cash Deposit / Naira Crisis: Cash Circulation Low, NLC Tells CBN / CBN Top Officials Meet Monday Over Naira Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Abudu2000(m): 11:23am On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Is it transfer kids will use to buy biscuit in school? Is it transfer you will use to pay for 100naira bike? Is it transfer you will use to buy yam from aboki?

Congratulations for knowing just 1 aboki that "enrolled in computer school. What has that got to with d discussion?

How are "Abokis are even more exposed than most of you claim to be"?
buy in bulk. Why buy biscuits of 10naira bro why not just get everything to last you a week long, be money prudent. Even the POS days why withdraw 1k everyday when u can just take 7k for only 150naira to last u a week. Well maybe I'm only speaking for myself though.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:23am On Feb 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

It is all over the internet and social media!

EFCC has already arrested some bank executives with hard exhibit!

This is the comment I responded to:

Stewpeed bankers hoarding new naira notes and selling cash to Nigerians through their POS agents.

In all the internet and social media videos, did you see bankers selling cash to Nigerians through their pos agents?

What "hard evidence" have against the arrested bank executives?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:23am On Feb 07, 2023
Abudu2000:
buy in bulk. Why buy biscuits of 10naira bro why not just get everything to last you a week long, be money prudent. Even the POS days why withdraw 1k everyday when u can just take 7k for only 150naira to last u a week. Well maybe I'm only speaking for myself though.

You didn't answer my questions.

Is it transfer kids will use to buy biscuit in school? Is it transfer you will use to pay for 100naira bike? Is it transfer you will use to buy yam from aboki?

Congratulations for knowing just 1 aboki that "enrolled in computer school. What has that got to with d discussion?

How are "Abokis are even more exposed than most of you claim to be"?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by codemaniacs: 11:24am On Feb 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Nigerians are also part of the problem...!

Banks will assign tally numbers, people will still choose to disregard them and look for ways to jump queues.

The banks are also complicit in worsening queues by hoarding cash and selling currencies.

Imagine how we have turned a simple process of Currency change into a full blown Black Market business.

The very same banks accusing CBN of not supplying them enough cash are the ones hoarding millions of Naira meant for common citizens.

So you are not intelligent enough to know that bank staff are also common citizens who also need the new notes..

If you were a bank staff won't you change your old notes for new notes

Family members of bank staff will also ask them for new notes ...

You're talking as if bank staff are robots that don't pay for food, for transportation e.t.c
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by EmekaA125(m): 11:27am On Feb 07, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Shut the fvck up.

Were you not among those gallivanting about the policy?
Why would you attack them?
Let that Malory, let him dey yarn dust.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by moneyissweet(m): 11:27am On Feb 07, 2023
Kikikikiki

Nothing concenn me with useless naira.

As long as euro, dollar still exists.

I don't give a fck, I don't even care who will win February 25th election.

In fact, nothing concern me with una useless economy grin

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Midehi3(f): 11:30am On Feb 07, 2023
backnbeta:
Guys should direct their anger at CBN and not ordinary bankers who haven't been given enough new notes by the CBN undecided
And who said they have no money
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by FullBlastLight: 11:31am On Feb 07, 2023
LibertyRep:
In addition, the email said that Branch Leaders should make provision for soft drinks for customers

When will they start the implementation of this part?

Dis shld follow wit some snacks & it shld be done at least two times {i.e. morning & noon} a day since they make us 2 stay there all day!

Pls, do help 2 channel my suggestion 2 d appropriate quarters!
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:32am On Feb 07, 2023
Abudu2000:

Is it every body that can buy bulk?

Is it everybody that can buy biscuit that can last their kids for a week?

What do you mean by "money prudent"?

If a person doesn't have 7k in his or her account to withdraw, where will he or she get the 7k?

If the person has just 1k, is it now a crime to withdraw just that 1k?

You see how selfish and insensitive you are? Which means if you were in power, you will never imagine that some people aren't as privileged and you will want to force everyone to live in a certain way even when their resources can't sustain such a lifestyle
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Angelfrost(m): 11:33am On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Where's the criticism you are referring to? Can you show me?

How did you come about your 60%? Care to share?

Meanwhile, you didn't answer these questions.

What has bullion van offloading in a private residence got to do with the suffering ocassioned by naira scarcity orchestrated by CBN?

How is the policy not wrong?

How is the implementation sabotaged by bullion van sympathizers?

The policy is outrightly devilish! It was poorly thought out and is being poorly implemented... That's already a foregone conclusion.

The limiting of amount of cash in the hands of citizens is not being properly enforced and implemented by banks due to sharp practices of gifting elite clients with excess amounts at the detriment of the average customers and citizens.

If banks were fully and honestly enforcing this daily withdrawal limits without exceptions, those long queues would have since disappeared from banks.

With regards to your query about Bullion vans... Anyone taking such large amounts of money is already sabotaging the process.

Any further questions sir?!!
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Angelfrost(m): 11:34am On Feb 07, 2023
codemaniacs:

So you are not intelligent enough to know that bank staff are also common citizens who also need the new notes..

If you were a bank staff won't you change your old notes for new notes

Family members of bank staff will also ask them for new notes ...

You're talking as if bank staff are robots that don't pay for food, for transportation e.t.c

What exactly is your point sir?!! Without the condescension and insults, if you can!
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by MartinsD12(m): 11:35am On Feb 07, 2023
factcheckmmm:

In addition, the email said that Branch Leaders should make provision for soft drinks for customers. According to the email, if there is any negative press or video associated with poor handling of the cash swap activities, the Branch Leader at such a location will be held responsible. “We are clearly in a crisis situation which has shown high possibility of degenerating to mass protests.

Wait so there will be soft drinks available..

That means if money de or not de . Or you have no where to go

Just go to the bank gently take a seat in the canopy, accept your soft drink.

Gulp till your satisfaction then leave the premises

grin this country is a movie, what a joke.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:36am On Feb 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

The policy is outrightly devilish! It was poorly thought out and is being poorly implemented... That's already a foregone conclusion.

The limiting of amount of cash in the hands of citizens is not being properly enforced and implemented by banks due to sharp practices of gifting elite clients with excess amounts at the detriment of the average customers and citizens.

If banks were fully and honestly enforcing this daily withdrawal limits without exceptions, those long queues would have since disappeared from banks.

With regards to your query about Bullion vans... Anyone taking such large amounts of money is already sabotaging the process.

Any further questions sir?!!

No further questions but the previous questions because all you saying is offpoint.

1. Where's the criticism you are referring to? Can you show me?

2. How did you come about your 60%? Care to share?

3. What has bullion van offloading in a private residence got to do with the suffering ocassioned by naira scarcity orchestrated by CBN?

4. How is the policy not wrong?

5. How is the implementation sabotaged by bullion van sympathizers?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by FullBlastLight: 11:37am On Feb 07, 2023
slivertongue:
To get work na wahala, to deposit na wahala, to withdraw na wahala

No wahala, and if wahala comes, no wahala! 🤩
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Abudu2000(m): 11:37am On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

If a person doesn't have 7k in his or her account to withdraw, where will he or she get the 7k?

You see how selfish and insensitive you are? Which means if you were in power, you will never imagine that some people aren't as privileged and you will want to force everyone to live in a certain way even when their resources can't sustain such a lifestyle
okay okay, let's say your assumptions are right what are ur suggestions, that we go back to cash aconomy when other parts of the world are done with it? Keep dreaming. I wanted to buy something this morning and the woman said she won't take transfer, I had like 10k with me but I left. I will get it somewhere else. That's the aim of this, unless it is a very small commodity use transfer. If u are stubborn headed and don't want to accept transfer then remain there, I'm sure there are low thinkers that will patronize.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Angelfrost(m): 11:37am On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

This is the comment I responded to:

In all the internet and social media videos, did you see bankers selling cash to Nigerians through their pos agents?

Bro... Let's not go back and forth on this... No need for nitpicking.

CBN has already messed up with their dumb and anti-people policy.

However, the escalation of the issue is not just about CBN.... It would have been easier to manage if average Nigerians were not so hellbent on profiting off this situation.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by HellVictorinho7: 11:37am On Feb 07, 2023
Peterobi90:
Nigerians are already adjusting to cashless policies.. transfers are now the order of the day. The other day a POS merchant called me if I needed cash at normal rate.. grin grin... it seems people have dumped them and their arbitrary charges..

Buhari/emefiele should stand strong... Nigerians are behind them on this monetary policy.
waste
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Stakeholders(m): 11:38am On Feb 07, 2023
Amaggedon:
Did he ask the bank staffs to hoard the new notes too? This guys are the cause of this crisis. For 3 months how much cash do majority of Nigerians have in stock that the commercial banks can't change within that period? They were busy selling it to policticians that were hoarding billions to buy votes Instead of releasing the new notes into circulation . Some of you don't know what is happening in your country.

When did they release new note? Is it not Dec. 15 , how does it up to three months?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by headboyprince(m): 11:38am On Feb 07, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:
Why are idiots complaining?
They didn't complain border closure?
They didn't complain on Lekki massacre
They didn't complain about Owo massacre?
They didn't complain about high rate of inflation?
What about job losses?
What about too much borrowing?
Just name it, it's now that they want to protest.
For all u nudafukers, "OPERATION STILL WATER" IS still going on. Do anyhow u collect anyhow
you better close your mouth... idiot...unless ill put my hand through my phone and slap you... angry angry
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by HellVictorinho7: 11:38am On Feb 07, 2023
Abudu2000:
okay okay, let's say your assumptions are right what are ur suggestions, that we go back to cash aconomy when other parts of the world are done with it? Keep dreaming. I wanted to buy something this morning and the woman said she won't take transfer, I had like 10k with me but I left. I will get it somewhere else. That's the aim of this, unless it is a very small commodity use transfer. If u are stubborn headed and don't want to accept transfer then remain there, I'm sure there are low thinkers that will patronize.
waste
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Angelfrost(m): 11:39am On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

No further questions but the previous questions because all you saying is offpoint.

3. What has bullion van offloading in a private residence got to do with the suffering ocassioned by naira scarcity orchestrated by CBN?

I believe I just answered these above.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by alhajiabdulbuha: 11:41am On Feb 07, 2023
ACCESS bank Imo state release my money or go nuclear. Amakohia branch wait 4 us this Tomorrow money. If my money sent to my account number does not appear then We will turn your branch Turkey structures and earthquake
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Malory: 11:45am On Feb 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Nigerians are also part of the problem...!

Banks will assign tally numbers, people will still choose to disregard them and look for ways to jump queues.

The banks are also complicit in worsening queues by hoarding cash and selling currencies.

Imagine how we have turned a simple process of Currency change into a full blown Black Market business.

The very same banks accusing CBN of not supplying them enough cash are the ones hoarding millions of Naira meant for common citizens.
True.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Malory: 11:46am On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

I thought you were rejoicing that the policy is good and that the suffering is justified? Why are you still thinking of attacking banks?
Shatap.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:46am On Feb 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

I believe I just answered these above.

You didn't. For instance, where your answer to number 2?

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Malory: 11:46am On Feb 07, 2023
IamAsiri:

You actually talked like the person in the picture you quoted cool.
Shatap.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by codemaniacs: 11:47am On Feb 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

What exactly is your point sir?!! Without the condescension and insults, if you can!

There's no condescension and insults in my post... The point is in the post.

If you stopped reading the post at where you assume there's condescension and insults then that's not my business.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by baralatie(m): 11:47am On Feb 07, 2023
A particular zenith has closed shop here o
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:49am On Feb 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Bro... Let's not go back and forth on this... No need for nitpicking.

CBN has already messed up with their dumb and anti-people policy.

However, the escalation of the issue is not just about CBN.... It would have been easier to manage if average Nigerians were not so hellbent on profiting off this situation.
Which back and forth are we going? You are the one who insisted that there's evidence on the internet and with EFCC that bank staff are selling cash to POS operators. Hence my questions.

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2023
Abudu2000:

Who are the "we" you are referring? Back to the questions I asked.

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:58am On Feb 07, 2023
Malory:
Shatap.

I thought you were rejoicing that the policy is good and that the suffering is justified? Why are you still thinking of attacking banks?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by emmanuelbrown26: 11:59am On Feb 07, 2023
headboyprince:

you better close your mouth... idiot...unless ill put my hand through my phone and slap you... angry angry
Son of a bitch! I gat no fucking time for u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dollar Sells For N420, Naira Crashes In Value / 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business / Jack Ma Visits Africa With 38 Other Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.