Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,313 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down (52341 Views)

Naira Crisis: Banks Fear Heighten As Customers Shun Cash Deposit / Naira Crisis: Cash Circulation Low, NLC Tells CBN / CBN Top Officials Meet Monday Over Naira Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by yesloaded: 10:52am On Feb 07, 2023
LibertyRep:
In addition, the email said that Branch Leaders should make provision for soft drinks for customers

When will they start the implementation of this part?

My bank don start that one already even since yesterday

Not kidding
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Angelfrost(m): 10:53am On Feb 07, 2023
Menclothing:

A leader can't be everywhere you as an expert in the field you handle do it well

4 times emefiele has failed

Emefiele is incompetent... But this one is clearly Aso Rock sponsored!

Even Buhari has confessed to this.

1 Like

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 07, 2023
cry You people should give us light o, we Sha won't have a total system collapse...I don't know those setting us up.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Abudu2000(m): 10:53am On Feb 07, 2023
All these wahala they are doing is just unnecessary. Simply do a transfer and all problems are solved. You want to pay, use transfer, you want to receive use transfer. Inshot now I will be changing all my plugs. You don't accept transfer then good luck!!
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by onyxo76(m): 10:54am On Feb 07, 2023
most branches didn't open today in my area, citing security threats
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by IamAsiri: 10:57am On Feb 07, 2023
Malory:
See who quoted me below. No be him fault sha.

You actually talked like the person in the picture you quoted cool.

1 Like

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:59am On Feb 07, 2023
Dress down wetin. We are not interested in their Top Abeg.
Ohh! they want to bribe their customers who want to collect cash with soft Drinks before they tell them that there is no cash. undecided
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by snoopz: 11:00am On Feb 07, 2023
I was at Union Bank ikota Shopping complex branch yesterday, only 2 bank staff were attending to us the ones sitting at the counter were just pressing phones and the rest in the AC room just dey look lapi dey smile inside their enclosed office, they couldn't help those customer reps working with noise from we the angry customers.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by dat9jaguy(m): 11:00am On Feb 07, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Nice one

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2023
Malory:
If they like they should dress up. When angry Nigerians stike them go hear am.

I thought you were rejoicing that the policy is good and that the suffering is justified? Why are you still thinking of attacking banks?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:03am On Feb 07, 2023
Abudu2000:
All these wahala they are doing is just unnecessary. Simply do a transfer and all problems are solved. You want to pay, use transfer, you want to receive use transfer. Inshot now I will be changing all my plugs. You don't accept transfer then good luck!!

Ok...so you want buy yam from aboki, you will use transfer. You want to enter okada of 100naira, you will use transfer. Is it transfer kids will use to buy snacks in school?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:05am On Feb 07, 2023
southsouthking:
We’ve been suffering for 7years plus now, i believe after the election, when Peter Obi would have emerged winner, things will get better.

How will things get better after peter obi emerges winner?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Mikespecialone(m): 11:06am On Feb 07, 2023
backnbeta:
Guys should direct their anger at CBN and not ordinary bankers who haven't been given enough new notes by the CBN undecided

So you don’t believe banks are hoarding the new note for their selfish desire ? Those criminals selling selling the mint note never got the money from CBN, they got it from the bank

1 Like

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 07, 2023
LibertyRep:
In addition, the email said that Branch Leaders should make provision for soft drinks for customers

I'm interested in that information too.

Them go follow serve beer?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:09am On Feb 07, 2023
DLuciano:

This is the effect of two bullion vans offloading in a private apartment... the policy is not wrong, but the implementation is been sabotaged by bullion van sympathizers.

What has bullion van offloading in a private residence got to do with the suffering ocassioned by naira scarcity orchestrated by CBN?

How is the policy not wrong?

How is the implementation sabotaged by bullion van sympathizers?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:11am On Feb 07, 2023
Mikespecialone:

So you don’t believe banks are hoarding the new note for their selfish desire ? Those criminals selling selling the mint note never got the money from CBN, they got it from the bank

What "selfish desire" are banks are banks hoarding the new notes for?

How much new notes did CBN print?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Angelfrost(m): 11:11am On Feb 07, 2023
DLuciano:

This is the effect of two bullion vans offloading in a private apartment... the policy is not wrong, but the implementation is been sabotaged by bullion van sympathizers.

Exactly!!!... Close to 5 bank managers have already been arrested for this (maybe even more)!

What these bank executives are doing with politicians and black market sellers is simply demonic!!!

I saw videos on Instagram and almost wept!

Nigerians are dangerously wicked! Tueh!!!

...Tinubu and APC are busy providing cover for these nefarious activities by castigating Emefiele.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by DLuciano: 11:12am On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

What has bullion van offloading in a private residence got to do with the suffering ocassioned by naira scarcity orchestrated by CBN?

the policy is to let what was offloaded by the bullion vans to become useless

2 Likes

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by OyinO: 11:12am On Feb 07, 2023
Stewpeed bankers hoarding new naira notes and selling cash to Nigerians through their POS agents. Thunder fire them
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:14am On Feb 07, 2023
DLuciano:
the policy is to let what was offloaded by the bullion vans to become useless

What has that got with suffering that nigerians are suffering as a result of naira scarcity orchestrated by CBN?

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Angelfrost(m): 11:14am On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Why are banks hoarding over 60 percent of the scarce notes sent to them by CBN?!!

Let's not be partial in our criticisms!

This is the very foundation of the rot in the banking sector!... They are the very ones who encourage and facilitate the evil practices of vote buying!

How can citizens spend hours at bank ATM machines without getting something as little as 20k daily withdrawal limit, while the same banks push out millions behind the scenes to politicians and POS agents?!!

It is beyond hypocritical to castigate CBN and leave out those who should make lives easier for the masses (banks)!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:14am On Feb 07, 2023
OyinO:
Stewpeed bankers hoarding new naira notes and selling cash to Nigerians through their POS agents. Thunder fire them

Did you witness such?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Abudu2000(m): 11:15am On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Ok...so you want buy yam from aboki, you will use transfer. You want to enter okada of 100naira, you will use transfer. Is it transfer kids will use to buy snacks in school?
I bought something from an aboki yesterday of just 650naira. Abokis are even more exposed than most of you claim to be. I know an aboki tomatoe seller than enrolled himself in a part-time computer school.

I have cash worth 100k on me but unless it is very urgent I will never release it. If u don't want transfer I go somewhere else. Even my haird barber is claiming strong headed I just left yesterday, no time for nonsense. By the time I get broke no one will tell u to do the needful.

Not that you won't have cash but for me that drive I buy fuel with transfer, if u need to use bike that is understandable but anything else don't release your cash. We have to force ppl into this cashless policy because it will curb inflation and it is good for the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:16am On Feb 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Why are banks hoarding over 60 percent of the scarce notes sent to them by CBN?!!

Let's not be partial in our criticisms!

This is the very foundation of the rot in the banking sector!... They are the very ones who encourage and facilitate the evil practices of vote buying!

Where's the criticism you are referring to? Can you show me?

How did you come about your 60%? Care to share?

Meanwhile, you didn't answer these questions.

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Angelfrost(m): 11:17am On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Did you witness such?

It is all over the internet and social media!

EFCC has already arrested some bank executives with hard exhibit!
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Enemyofpeace: 11:17am On Feb 07, 2023
In addition, the email said that Branch Leaders should make provision for soft drinks for customers.

buying minerals for customers without roasted yam or roasted plantain is absolute nonsense
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by certifiedvik(m): 11:18am On Feb 07, 2023
LibertyRep:

make I go apply as queue coordinator
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by backnbeta(f): 11:19am On Feb 07, 2023
Mikespecialone:

The CBN created this unnecessary scarcity in the first place; let them deal with it first. Once they return to status quo in terms of naira distribution and customers can walk to any ATM booth, make withdrawals as usual, without the crowd, desperation of customers will be eradicated and boom... nobody to sell the naira to again! No more "na buy I buy the money too" from POS operators undecided
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 11:19am On Feb 07, 2023
Abudu2000:
I bought something from an aboki yesterday of just 650naira. Abokis are even more exposed than most of you claim to be. I know an aboki tomatoe seller than enrolled himself in a part-time computer school.

Is it transfer kids will use to buy biscuit in school? Is it transfer you will use to pay for 100naira bike? Is it transfer you will use to buy yam from aboki?

Congratulations for knowing just 1 aboki that "enrolled in computer school. What has that got to with d discussion?

How are "Abokis are even more exposed than most of you claim to be"?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:20am On Feb 07, 2023
If bankers committee is sincere,Bankers committee should go after their colleagues who criminaly swapped our billions of new notes with evil greedy politicians and evil bureau de change old billions of money angryTHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THE SOLUTION.angry
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by baralatie(m): 11:22am On Feb 07, 2023
Problem wey emefiele cause plenty o
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by geesilver(m): 11:22am On Feb 07, 2023
They are trying to avoid serious beating

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Won At Bet9ja Today. But I Am Scared / 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business / Jack Ma Visits Africa With 38 Other Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.