Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down (52347 Views)

Naira Crisis: Banks Fear Heighten As Customers Shun Cash Deposit / Naira Crisis: Cash Circulation Low, NLC Tells CBN / CBN Top Officials Meet Monday Over Naira Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by OyinO: 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Did you witness such?

Yes o
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
OyinO:

Yes o

Where did you witness it?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by alezzy13: 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2023
Peterobi90:

Most of those big shops usually use transfers or POS even before the policy.. the network would definitely be overloaded due surge in users, overtime it would become better.. had same issue previously, now its seamless..

Lol. Been seeing your responses. You dey try.

Truth is what some folks what is total cancellation of the policy which I hope cbn does not yield to.

For instance will surprise people trying to withdraw hundreds of thousands, even millions, in cash, for 'business'. And if you ask why not transfer or Pos, they always claim "network".

Yes there have been network challenges, but I believe most have been rectified. Since yesterday I have made numerous transfers with almost no hitches. I think it's just Zenith that still has problems.

If people, at least in urban areas, withdraw just for basic needs (market seller, okada, etc), usually below 5-10k, and then use e-platforms for larger sums, I dare say we won't have all these crisis of shortage. . 🥺
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by alezzy13: 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Ok...so you want buy yam from aboki, you will use transfer. You want to enter okada of 100naira, you will use transfer. Is it transfer kids will use to buy snacks in school?

These are the kinds of things cash should be reserved for. Problem is those with established business, even in major towns, still insist on cash.

Was at a hotel recently whose cheapest room was 6k and they were still insisting on cash only. Got so irritated and told them clearly they were the ones compounding the scarcity.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
alezzy13:

These are the kinds of things cash should be reserved for. Problem is those with established business, even in major towns, still insist on cash.

Was at a hotel recently whose cheapest room was 6k and they were still insisting on cash only. Got so irritated and told them clearly they were the ones compounding the scarcity.

Is there cash available to be reserved for anything at the moment?

What's wrong if they insist on cash?

How are they the ones compounding the scarcity? Are they the ones in charge of money supply to the economy?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by OyinO: 6:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
lexy2014:

Where did you witness it?

There's a video on WhatsApp where CBN Deputy Director went round and caught large sums of new currency in their possession. He then ordered them to issue them out and that he'll return. He asked them about the name of the Branch Manager and a few other questions before leaving. I have the video as we speak
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 6:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
OyinO:

There's a video on WhatsApp where CBN Deputy Director went round and caught large sums of new currency in their possession. He then ordered them to issue them out and that he'll return. He asked them about the name of the Branch Manager and a few other questions before leaving. I have the video as we speak

Is it the same deputy CBN governor that told nigerians that they don't know how much new notes had been printed to replace old notes?

Pls share the video and show me where in the video this happened according to you..."bankers hoarding new naira notes and selling cash to Nigerians through their POS agents."
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by edoairways: 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
Peterobi90:

We are adjusting.. it was crazier than it was initially..
You are adjusting not we
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Loverboi2cute(m): 9:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
LibertyRep:
In addition, the email said that Branch Leaders should make provision for soft drinks for customers

When will they start the implementation of this part?

hahahaaahaha...na d only thing u see 4 d writeup
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by LilleG(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
God please have mercy on our country
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Advancedman(m): 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
ijustdey:
…reintroduce tally numbers for customers

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/fuel-naira-crisis-banks-direct-staff-to-dress-down/

Their dress up before na scam.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by Psoul(m): 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
LibertyRep:
In addition, the email said that Branch Leaders should make provision for soft drinks for customers

When will they start the implementation of this part?

They better not give them soft drinks in bottles before they turn the bottles into weapons.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by OyinO: 10:12am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Is it the same deputy CBN governor that told nigerians that they don't know how much new notes had been printed to replace old notes?

Pls share the video and show me where in the video this happened according to you..."bankers hoarding new naira notes and selling cash to Nigerians through their POS agents."

Your last statement means you'll continue your blind argument even if I upload the video. Did I said the bankers were selling the New notes in the video clip? Are you not aware that POS agents are selling new naira notes in a country called Nigeria? Who is selling the notes to them? I have interviews many of them and they said they buy from bank and therefore will add N50 to make their own gain after buying N1,000 note at the rate of N200 each. The video clip only shows how CBN Deputy Governor abi Director went to a bank and two staffs could be seen in a passage where huge sums of new naira notes were displayed with some inside bags while he was questioning them.
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 10:23am On Feb 08, 2023
OyinO:

Your last statement means you'll continue your blind argument even if I upload the video. Did I said the bankers were selling the New notes in the video clip? Are you not aware that POS agents are selling new naira notes in a country called Nigeria? Who is selling the notes to them? I have interviews many of them and they said they buy from bank and therefore will add N50 to make their own gain after buying N1,000 note at the rate of N200 each. The video clip only shows how CBN Deputy Governor abi Director went to a bank and two staffs could be seen in a passage where huge sums of new naira notes were displayed with some inside bags while he was questioning them.

Earlier you had claimed that "bankers hoarding new naira notes and selling cash to Nigerians through their POS agents." I asked where you witnessed, you claimed it was all over the internet and social media.

In that light pls share the video and show me where in the video this happened according to you..."bankers hoarding new naira notes and selling cash to Nigerians through their POS agents."
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by OyinO: 10:30am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Earlier you had claimed that "bankers hoarding new naira notes and selling cash to Nigerians through their POS agents." I asked where you witnessed, you claimed it was all over the internet and social media.

In that light pls share the video and show me where in the video this happened according to you..."bankers hoarding new naira notes and selling cash to Nigerians through their POS agents."

Selling the new notes and even old ones to POS agents is taking place even right now in my LGA. Are you not aware that some arrests have been made in connection to that already? A POS operator told be by herself that they buy the new naira notes from bank. She said the banks only paid them N5K as maximum withdrawal while selling the New naira notes at N200 per each new N1,000 note. If POS agents and other faceless fellows are busy selling the new naira notes, where do they get it from if not from the banks?
Re: Fuel, Naira Crisis: Banks Direct Staff To Dress Down by lexy2014: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2023
OyinO:

Selling the new notes and even old ones to POS agents is taking place even right now in my LGA. Are you not aware that some arrests have been made in connection to that already? A POS operator told be by herself that they buy the new naira notes from bank. She said the banks only paid them N5K as maximum withdrawal while selling the New naira notes at N200 per each new N1,000 note. If POS agents and other faceless fellows are busy selling the new naira notes, where do they get it from if not from the banks?

That's not what I asked you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Won At Bet9ja Today. But I Am Scared / 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business / Jack Ma Visits Africa With 38 Other Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.