Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity (15472 Views)

Traders Turn To Barter Trading In Benue Over Naira Scarcity / Man Exchanges ₦‎300 Detergent For Food Worth ₦‎300 Over Naira Scarcity / Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Bigchristo: 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
OkutaNla:
Lol. Peter Obi the false messiah (who happens to own a large stake in Fidelity bank, and has unfettered access to the new notes) has told them and other suffering masses to keep suffering and smiling and endure Emefiele's policy, while encouraging the remaining 50% POS operators that are still fleecing hapless Nigerians to keep at it, because he hopes the policy would favour his electoral ambition.

But they shouldn't worry, president Tinubu will surely alleviate their suffering after taking office.
So is Peter Obi that make the cashless policy? Or APC? Y’all have no sense to think at all because you hate Peter Obi for coming with a formidable forces, blame your political party for anything befalling Nigerians Peter Obi have no say in the recent happenings he hasn’t been given office yet you’ve stated blaming him, it’s the choice of any Nigerian to endure it or take to the street for protest stop trying to bend the narratives APC are to be blame for the recent happening both you and those liking and sharing your comment need to have a rethink of who is in power making policies abi them loot una brain join Nigeria treasury? 😂😂

3 Likes

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Ogecharm: 2:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
Religion of Peace indeed. Please accept Jesus Christ and be save, He is way , the truth and Life. Jesus will grant u everlasting life period.

only they would convert to Islam whole heartedly and perform their 5 daily prayers regularly.
There is a dua they would do and money would find it way to them💰.
Christianity would do you no good.
Convert to Islam, The religion of peace 🤝[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by KingDash: 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
I went to pos to collect 500k to pay laborers building my new house the pos guy charge me 150k.. I no get choice, this country tho.
ryloy:

https://punchng.com/50-pos-operators-close-shops-over-naira-scarcity/

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Softmirror: 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
Haakeem:
If only they would convert to Islam whole heartedly and perform their 5 daily prayers regularly.
Convert to Islam, The religion of peace 🤝

I LOVE THE DAY BUHARI MET REVEREND KUKAH AND JOKINGLY ASKED HIM IF HE HAS BECOME ISLAMIZED AND HAVE LEFT THE FOLDS OF CHRISTIANITY. KUKAH WAS SO ASHAMED TO ANSWER.
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Sleekjunior(m): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
You must be a quant fool
OkutaNla:
Lol. Peter Obi the false messiah (who happens to own a large stake in Fidelity bank, and has unfettered access to the new notes) has told them and other suffering masses to keep suffering and smiling and endure Emefiele's policy, while encouraging the remaining 50% POS operators that are still fleecing hapless Nigerians to keep at it, because he hopes the policy would favour his electoral ambition.

But they shouldn't worry, president Tinubu will surely alleviate their suffering after taking office.

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Donpenny(m): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good they are too greedy

2 Likes

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Anakazo22: 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
OkutaNla:

Shut up your smelling mouth there, na obi be president or CBN governor Mumu....you leave who you go blame dey blame ordinary citizen

3 Likes

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Irupetepete: 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
reiddecuti:
POS operators are nuisance government created because of their defectiveness and need to be corrected.

Point of Sale is not a bank for withdrawals and deposits. We have a financial institutions to handle such.

POS is another time bomb to the society, hence the need to shot them out.

Government can't brag that they create jobs through that channel. If they do, it means they have no shame.
he dey pain your destiny say you no benefit from it... Cos I don't understand why you will call people's means of livelihood nuisance

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by maasoap(m): 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
Coolsperm:
Tinubu is the cause of this problem, Tinubu stole money Tru bullion van during last election

Tinubu is the one messing with Emefiele and Buhari's brains grin grin grin
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by LINSAR: 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2023
Haakeem:
If only they would convert to Islam whole heartedly and perform their 5 daily prayers regularly.

Turkey is an Islamic country. 5,000 people have died so far.
Where is allah?

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Haakeem(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2023
LINSAR:

Turkey is an Islamic country. 5,000 people have died so far.
Where is allah?
So?
Isn't death a natural occurrence.
Every soul shall taste death whether you like it or not.
You'll only be safe from the punishment of grave if you are a devoted Muslim.
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by arantess: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
OkutaNla:

Wow so Peter obi is president and CBN governor?

Omo you people are really idiots oo

What a waste of human space on earth

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Unigrad: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
reiddecuti:
POS operators are nuisance government created because of their defectiveness and need to be corrected.

Point of Sale is not a bank for withdrawals and deposits. We have a financial institutions to handle such.

Government can't brag that they create jobs through that channel. If they do, it means they have no shame.
N-power batch A and Batch B were trained on POS business by the federal government not too long ago and they bragged with it as a way for them to create jobs.

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Emmacy001: 3:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
KingDash:
I went to pos to collect 500k to pay laborers building my new house the pos guy charge me 150k.. I no get choice, this country tho.
While will you pay #150k charge for #500k.
You can lie for Africa
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Slimm01: 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
Haakeem:
IYour Muslim allfas are the ones doing concoctions and requesting for human parts to do blood money in Yoruba land. Religion of peace indeed. Mtchewww
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 3:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
ifytrik:
peter obi is not your central bank governor, peter obi is not your president, peter obi was not the person that introduced this policy, peter obi is only supporting what is right, if not for your foolish and tribalistic nature you would have known long ago that peter obi is the only presidential candidate that has good intentions for this country. Tinubu is the worst candidate in this year election, it will be better if buhari continues to rule us than tinubu

How is the policy right?
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by IslamIsIdiotic: 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
Convert to the religion of "prophet" Sex Award Winner (SAW)

Haakeem:
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
reiddecuti:

How are POS operators a nuisance?

How are they a time bomb to the society?
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
muykem:
God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for always stand at side of people.

When did he do that?
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Unigrad: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
Thebigheart:
But people are accusing them that, they hoarding the cash.

If only you ask a POS operator how they managed to get cash this period?

Another day I went to the market to get some stuffs right in front of me a market woman was selling old naira notes for a POS operator.
#100,000 naira for 20k.

Now, tell me if you're a POS operator how wil handle your personal transactions?

I queried the market woman immediately.
This is the really what POS vendors are passing through now. I experienced when someone called a POS operator to come buy #500k with #100k, that's #200 charges for #1k. How much will the POS person charged his or her consumers? Don't forget, the POS company will also charge the POS operator for every transactions. These are the reason why many pos have closed. Hardly before you see POS in my area.

2 Likes

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by lexy2014: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
ryloy:

https://punchng.com/50-pos-operators-close-shops-over-naira-scarcity/

But many of my good friends on nairaland have been insisting that banks and PoS operators are responsible for the cash shortage and that banks sell cash to them. If all the money is with the POS operators and they get their supply from banks, why are they closing down?

2 Likes

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by LINSAR: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
Haakeem:
So?
Isn't death a natural occurrence.
Every soul shall taste death whether you like it or not.
You'll only be safe from the punishment of grave if you are a devoted Muslim.

So 5000 people deserve to die in such unpalatable occurrence?

Now, all the terrorists terrorizing the world are all Muslims, hope you know?

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by spartachico(m): 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
Just imagine person wey just start the business sometimes last year and now he no get access to funds and this POS thing has drastically help with long queue at the atm

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Amicable24: 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
Haakeem:
Christianity would do you no good

Learn to air your opinion on religion without disrespecting others' religion

2 Likes

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Thebigheart: 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2023
Unigrad:

This is the really what POS vendors are passing through now. I experienced when someone called a POS operator to come buy #500k with #100k, that's #200 charges for #1k. How much will the POS person charged his or her consumers? Don't forget, the POS company will also charge the POS operator for every transactions. These are the reason why many pos have closed. Hardly before you see POS in my area.

Many cannot cope with this trend so they must close up. 500k to 100k how will the vendor do his/her charges.

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Levels1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2023
ifytrik:
peter obi is not your central bank governor, peter obi is not your president, peter obi was not the person that introduced this policy, peter obi is only supporting what is right, if not for your foolish and tribalistic nature you would have known long ago that peter obi is the only presidential candidate that has good intentions for this country. Tinubu is the worst candidate in this year election, it will be better if buhari continues to rule us than tinubu

That's not true.

Obi is the worst candidate and can't be trusted.

We can't entrust our future In his care as he's a thief.

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by comrChris(m): 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
Thebigheart:

Another day I went to the market to get some stuffs right in front of me a market woman was selling old naira notes for a POS operator.
#100,000 naira for 20k.

Now, tell me if you're a POS operator how wil handle your personal transactions?

Envy and hatred is what that's doing you.
Ungrateful people, if not for some POS agents that are still managing to open, it would have been a very terrible situation for Nigerians this period. I just came back from bank since 5:30am still, I couldn't get any money to attend to my needs.
Those 50% just paused for things to normalize, POS has come to stay and nothing any body can do about it

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Thebigheart: 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2023
comrChris:
Envy and hatred is what that's doing you.
Ungrateful people, if not for some POS agents that are still managing to open, it would have been a very terrible situation for Nigerians this period. I just came back from bank since 5:30am still, I couldn't get any money to attend to my needs.
Those 50% just paused for things to normalize, POS has come to stay and nothing any body can do about it

My dear, do you have comprehension problem? If you don't understand let me help.
I try to underline what POS operators pass through before getting the cash to do their business and you're here bashing me.
Please, keep calm and read my comments before you utter your unnecessary comment.
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Investorriguez(m): 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
Thebigheart:

#100,000 naira for 20k.

You are correct ✅

1 Like

Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Ayodeoba: 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
Peterobi90:
Good news... the POS merchants killed the business, this is what happens when greed takes over.. people are seeking other convenient alternatives..
it’s not totally their own fault,they are buying cash to keep up with the business, how much will you charge for 10k when you already paid 10% of it as charges to get cash
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by KingDash: 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2023
Why do I have to lie bros.. I Dey tell you wetin I face
Emmacy001:

While will you pay #150k charge for #500k.
You can lie for Africa
Re: 50% POS Operators Close Shops Over Naira Scarcity by Eagba(m): 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2023
Alliswell248:

Where do you expect people to get the small cash?
How many 9ja people has cars.....? So taxi and Keke should get POS machine?
Mama put should get POS machine abi?
U guys thinking is totally backward due to hate and inferior complex to say the least....
No matter, u believe your president is jubril from Sudan..
I forbid you tueh!
so if bus start having bus system where you swipe your card at entry na bad thing?
if small bizness start using point of purchase to widen and deepen the tax net, and na your afonja dumb brothers full for that IRS, na bad thing?

to fight money laundering, na bad thing?

to reduce cost of handling, processing and other logistical cost concerning cash, na bad thing?

to reduce the capital of printing new money, na bad thing?

to fight kidnapping, tax evaders and have better economic data about flow of cash and other economic study na bad thing?

idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traders In Jigawa, Kano Ignore Governors’ Directive, Reject Old Naira Notes / 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur / Travellers Can’t Get Forex As Dollar Scarcity Persists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.