Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,212 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

My Gardening Story - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Gardening Story (386 Views)

Gardening: How To Water Plants For A Month At No Cost (Pictures) / Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish / Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Gardening Story by Alathea247: 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2023
So I've always had the ambition to start a small garden where I can plant little crops for my personal usage. I've always postponed it, but somehow I made up my mind to start something. I moved in to this compound last year and it's quite spacious.
I asked the landlady if I could use the space to make a small garden and she told me to do whatever I want grin.
I just want to document my gardening story and experience and inspire someone out there who is also procrastinating to do same.

I have plans of planting mostly vegetables like:
Tomatoes
Onions
Ginger
Curry
Scent leaf
Pepper
Water melon
Irish potatoes.

Follow the thread and let's enjoy the therapeutic effect of gardening together.
I am open to as many suggestions as possible as this would be my first time gardening. Thank you.
Re: My Gardening Story by Alathea247: 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
This images show the place I want to use for the garden. I had to pack out a lot and keep it clean before I set up the things I need to start gardening.

Re: My Gardening Story by Alathea247: 1:54pm On Feb 07, 2023
It took a while for me to get everything cleared out. I had to even call an aboki who helped me clear everything
Re: My Gardening Story by Alathea247: 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2023
This is how it looks now. 🙌

Re: My Gardening Story by Alathea247: 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
Next is to get containers and the plants I'll be using. Also source for seeds. So far I have
Pepper
Onions
Ginger
Garlic
Curry
And scent leaf.

All this will be planted in a week's time from now. Believe me this thread is going to be epic and very interesting. 🙌
Re: My Gardening Story by Berrityga: 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
Why is it always aboki that do menial jobs?? Onion not onions @op
Re: My Gardening Story by Alathea247: 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
Berrityga:
Why is it always aboki that do menial jobs?? Onion not onions @op
Thank you for the correction. I've been calling it onions my entire life thinking it's right. And I call myself a graduate lol.

I live in abuja, and almost all available menial jobbers are northerners (no insults intended).
I shouldn't have used aboki, his name is haruna.
Re: My Gardening Story by Alathea247: 4:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
I was able to make some beds for the plants.
From here I'll transplant to its final destination.

Re: My Gardening Story by Kehfie(f): 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2023
OP... updates pls. Following

(1) (Reply)

Hybrid Soursop Seedlings & Tenera Nursery Palm Seedlings / In Need Of Farmer Apprenticeship. / Please Catfish Farmer Help A Learner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.