Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes (34182 Views)

Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender / ICPC Arrests Osun FCMB Manager Over New Naira Notes Policy Violation / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by elonmuskbaby: 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
DollarSigns:

This comment alone shows how slow this user is in assimilating information
I understand and for that purpose I’ll also try to ignore your harsh words and educate you further.

Even a nursery pupil has come to terms that the current redesign is already primarily aimed at curbing vote buying in the 2023 elections.
If there was a pilot study or mock test run as you suggest would the aim be achieved?
The government has all provisions to make sudden decisive policies especially when it is in the interest of the nation.
again what useful solution does embarking on useless protests and destruction of bank properties offer?
We Nigerians have to learn to be civil in all our doings
Relax, watch the policy, if it doesn’t fulfill its purpose then we can wail
What’s happening now is like the case of a hungry child wailing while mom is trying to make food.
The child needs to shut up and learn to trust the process
I’ve come to believe that these men eg CBNGov are seasoned intellectuals, they don’t just make daft decisions.
Before everything is done it’s been quietly researched upon

Listen and learn
Peace

who swear for Nigerians like this? Okay let me break it down for you.lets assume that you are a low income earner and you have to withdraw money almost on a daily basis, does it make sense to use money to open account and put money inside and also use your own money to withdraw and with difficulty too.which kain Broad daylight armed robbery be that?

Now let's leave that aside.there is massive inflation and the politicians and massively weaponizing poverty on a steady,IS THIS THE RIGHT TIME FOR THIS SENSELESS MOVE FOR FORSAKE? Why put the cart before the horse?

A woman has acne and skin infection,instead of taking her to the hospital to treat her you dey rub am makeup for face.now the naira don crash, inflation don finish the money.instead Of you to revive and strengthen the money,you dey rub am colour.what sense does it make?if you respect the people you go first sample their opinion.now let's leave that the Nigerians you claim they are trying to help are too uneducated, unenlightened and don't even know or understand that you are doing them a favour because there's no even any level of communication or public announcement.why not educate the people and let them know the benefits of the new naira before imposing it on them.

Abeg make we dey apply wisdom in everything we do.theres so much Nigerians can take.you no give them security,good roads,jobs,no fuel and a conducive environment to thrive yet everything keeps getting expensiy exponentially,the Nigerians working cannot even get access to their money, what do you think Will happen? Them never even start to burn banks,them go soon throw fire inside national assembly from outside
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by DollarSigns(m): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
elonmuskbaby:
who swear for Nigerians like this? Okay let me break it down for you.lets assume that you are a low income earner and you have to withdraw money almost on a daily basis, does it make sense to use money to open account and put money inside and also use your own money to withdraw and with difficulty too.which kain Broad daylight armed robbery be that?

Now let's leave that aside.there is massive inflation and the politicians and massively weaponizing poverty on a steady,IS THIS THE RIGHT TIME FOR THIS SENSELESS MOVE FOR FORSAKE? Why put the cart before the horse?

A woman has acne and skin infection,instead of taking her to the hospital to treat her you dey rub am makeup for face.now the naira don crash, inflation don finish the money.instead Of you to revive and strengthen the money,you dey rub am colour.what sense does it make?if you respect the people you go first sample their opinion.now let's leave that the Nigerians you claim they are trying to help are too uneducated, unenlightened and don't even know or understand that you are doing them a favour because there's no even any level of communication or public announcement.why not educate the people and let them know the benefits of the new naira before imposing it on them.

Abeg make we dey apply wisdom in everything we do.theres so much Nigerians can take.you no give them security,good roads,jobs,no fuel and a conducive environment to thrive yet everything keeps getting expensiy exponentially,the Nigerians working cannot even get access to their money, what do you think Will happen? Them never even start to burn banks,them go soon throw fire inside national assembly from outside

The low income earner shouldn’t be comfortable carrying money about
Less cash, less chances of getting robbed, less impulsive buying, more chances of economic prudence.
Also there are money services which do not deduct their customers’ funds eg notably OPay
Before now we witnessed increased availability of money services such as OPay etc, why do you think CBN approved them?

In your illustration of the woman with acne, if she’s scheduled to go for a visa interview, is there any need to delay her by taking her to the hospital?
Instead paint her with face mascara and leave her to go for her interview, she’ll get to hospital after she’s been granted visa grin
solutions ain’t brilliant just because it’s the most comfortable, instead a good solution is one that reduces the problem at the time it is most needed.
This policy has a side effect of curbing massive vote buying
So with this together with its primary aim, is the best solution for now
Let’s relax and adjust
Time will heal us all
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by elonmuskbaby: 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2023
DollarSigns:

The low income earner shouldn’t be comfortable carrying money about
Less cash, less chances of getting robbed, less impulsive buying, more chances of economic prudence.
Also there are money services which do not deduct their customers’ funds eg notably OPay
Before now we witnessed increased availability of money services such as OPay etc, why do you think CBN approved them?

In your illustration of the woman with acne, if she’s scheduled to go for a visa interview, is there any need to delay her by taking her to the hospital?
Instead paint her with face mascara and leave her to go for her interview, she’ll get to hospital after she’s been granted visa grin
solutions ain’t brilliant just because it’s the most comfortable, instead a good solution is one that reduces the problem at the time it is most needed.
This policy has a side effect of curbing massive vote buying
So with this together with its primary aim, is the best solution for now
Let’s relax and adjust
Time will heal us all
abegiii was it not in this same Nigeria you and I were that efcc arrested one Girl for spraying new naira notes in sealed bundles and even stepping on them? Question 1 how did she have access to that large amount of money? Most likely Sugar daddy things.its this same Nigeria that Fuji musicians are spraying the new naira yet you are there living in fantasy that the new naira will curb vote buying when it has already gotten into the hands of the wrong people.even bandits and kidnappers had the effontry to pile up New naira notes and posted it on social media.why are you deceiving yourself or allowing politicians deceive you?

Is it not bank managers selling the new naira to politicians?you seem to underestimate how desperate these politicians are and the length they'll go through to win the elections.now tell me who should be the first people to have access to the new naira? Isn't it bank staff and POS operators or opay? How can criminals, prostitutes ,lousy Fuji musicians and politicians be having access to the New notes before decent Nigerians
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by DollarSigns(m): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
elonmuskbaby:
abegiii was it not in this same Nigeria you and I were that efcc arrested one Girl for spraying new naira notes and even stepping on them? Question 1 how did she have access to that large amount of money? Most likely Sugar daddy things.its this same Nigeria that Fuji musicians are spraying the new naira yet you are there living in fantasy that the new naira will curb vote buying when it has already gotten into the hands of the wrong people.even bandits and kidnappers had the effontry to pile up New naira notes and posted it on social media.why are you deceiving yourself or allowing politicians deceive you?

Is it not bank managers selling the new naira to politicians?you seem to underestimate how desperate these politicians are and the length they'll go through to win the elections

The word curb doesn’t mean eradicate totally
It means reduce
Without the naira redesign effect, the lady spraying cash would have been seen as a normal thing
prior to this time Having bundles of minted notes, spraying them on each other and dancing on them was seen as a show of class; now due to the naira redesign, fellow Nigerians were quick to easily call out such wrongdoing and the culprit was immediately arrested
Hence an advantage of the policy should we show patience instead of social unrest
Also believe me, yes some greedy politicians & bandits have been able to get their hands on the new naira but not in the amounts that they would otherwise have had if the policy wasn’t implemented
Whereas not all the greedy politicians have been able to swap their stockpiles
Thus proving the merits of this policy

I hope you understand the idea now
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by elonmuskbaby: 9:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
DollarSigns:

The word curb doesn’t mean eradicate totally
It means reduce
Without the naira redesign effect, the lady spraying cash would have been seen as a normal thing
prior to this time Having bundles of minted notes, spraying them on each other and dancing on them was seen as a show of class; now due to the naira redesign, fellow Nigerians were quick to easily call out such wrongdoing and the culprit was immediately arrested
Hence an advantage of the policy should we show patience instead of social unrest
Also believe me, yes some greedy politicians & bandits have been able to get their hands on the new naira but not in the amounts that they would otherwise have had if the policy wasn’t implemented
Whereas not all the greedy politicians have been able to swap their stockpiles
Thus proving the merits of this policy

I hope you understand the idea now
yes I do but if they mean well and it's for genuine motives as they've claimed WHY DIDN'T THEY 1ST INFORM NIGERIANS?
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by DollarSigns(m): 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2023
elonmuskbaby:
yes I do but if they mean well and it's for genuine motives as they've claimed WHY DIDN'T THEY 1ST INFORM NIGERIANS?

That’s the Nigerian factor boss
We can never have 100% efficiency
We just have to make do with what we have and try to adapt to make it better for us
Thank you
My dialogue with you was entertaining and nice
You made my night
Have a goodnight rest
Hopefully everything will be fine with time

This too shall pass away
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by Scamburster(m): 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2023
DollarSigns:

We just have to make do with what we have and try to adapt to make it better for us
Thank you
You made my night
Have a goodnight rest

This too shall pass away
Shalom
Oga I salute your patience equipped with knowledge in responding to that guy, hope he learn something from you today.
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by yarimo(m): 11:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
EMPEROROFDONBAS:

you Urchins, loves to attribute any nonsense in the SS to the SE. Delta state isn't ibo land... they are South Southerners.... hopeless urchin
How IPOB terrorists like to attributes any nonsense to TINUBU, Hehehe IPOB una never see anything yet
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by Obakoolex(m): 11:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
FactBoyz:
Just saw a video of one man who was shot in the chaos. And yet some idiots are clamouring for Tinubu and Atiku...
So it's Tinubu and Atiku men that shot him right not Obi....the way some of you people reason sef🤔
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 12:53am On Feb 08, 2023
yarimo:
How IPOB terrorists like to attributes any nonsense to TINUBU, Hehehe IPOB una never see anything yet
nonsenese begat nonsense... Tinubu na rubbish.
Make I see how him wan take win nah. as this country be... 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 12:54am On Feb 08, 2023
yarimo:
baseless and stupid... reply... empty cow 🐮
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by donb06: 5:27am On Feb 08, 2023
yarimo:
Hehehe why protesting for lack of availability of new Naira notes and fuel scarcity? After all it is affecting TINUBU only na grin grin
That's the cabals game plan.... If this protest starts becoming violent. There will serious voter apathy due to people fearing for their safety hence low votes for Tinubu in SW.

You guys should better have sense.
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by DollarSigns(m): 5:53am On Feb 08, 2023
Scamburster:

Oga I salute your patience equipped with knowledge in responding to that guy, hope he learn something from you today.

Thank you boss
He’s a good guy, the tensions is getting everyone emotional but I’m positive that this too will pass away
Have a great day boss
Good morning, your compliments made me blush
Awwwnnnnnn grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 8:51am On Feb 08, 2023
THANK GOD SAY NA IBO MAN, BE CP FOR OGUN STATE..... another riot, make una use una eye see una ear without mirror

1 Like

Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by elonmuskbaby: 8:51am On Feb 08, 2023
DollarSigns:

Thank you
You made my night
Have a goodnight rest

This too shall pass away
Shalom
amen
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by stano2(m): 7:46am On Feb 12, 2023
lexy2014:

How is the naira redesign a nice policy that will benefit Nigerians?

How are banks and politicians inflicting pains on innocent nigerians?
The naira redesign policy will help curb bribe, and a lot of crimes.
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by lexy2014: 8:51am On Feb 12, 2023
stano2:
The naira redesign policy will help curb bribe, and a lot of crimes.

Is it the job of the CBN to curb bribe and "a lot of crimes"?

What are the "a lot of crimes"?
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by stano2(m): 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2023
lexy2014:

Is it the job of the CBN to curb bribe and "a lot of crimes"?

What are the "a lot of crimes"?
Banks selling new notes to highest bidders.
Politicians looking away the country treasury and storing these loots at home.
One of the roles of the CBN is to ensure financial stability and improve the economy. The naira redesign policy is a good, but the implementation has been really poor.
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by lexy2014: 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
stano2:
Banks selling new notes to highest bidders.
Politicians looking away the country treasury and storing these loots at home.
One of the roles of the CBN is to ensure financial stability and improve the economy. The naira redesign policy is a good, but the implementation has been really poor.

1. Did you witness any bank selling to the highest bidders?

2. Who are the "highest bidders?

3. Who are the politicians looting the treasury and loot at home?

4. Can you show me where I asked about "one of the roles of cbn?

5. Is it the job of the CBN to curb bribe and "a lot of crimes"?

6. What are the "a lot of crimes"?
Re: Protest In Abeokuta Over New Naira Notes by mosaicafrique: 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
verybadmouth:

Which one is business bala Blu. Just say you need Marketers that will walk up and down. Stop misleading people with English oo

It's only a fellow without market potential and directions, that will Walk up and down aimlessly. The goal getters and star marketers
Already have good contacts and people who believe in their personalities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) / 5-technology Based Skills You Can Learn In 5days And Start Earning Good Income / NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.