Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,783 members, 7,851,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (210 Views)

Fashola Denies Writing Judgement For Presidential Election Tribunal / Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) / South-east Group Denies Promising To Deliver Nnamdi Kanu To Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months by Azeemokoya: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola has denied promising that the All Progressives Congress (APC) will fix power supply issues in six months.

Several reports claimed that the Minister of Works and Housing promised in the lead-up to the 2015 election that if voted in, the APC would solve Nigeria’s power challenge. The reports went further to claim that Fashola urged Nigerians to “stone” him if the promise was not kept.

But the minister has denied making such a statement, describing it as a “lie that I allowed”.

“One of the things that were said about me was that I said we would electrify Nigeria in six months,” Fashola said during a Channels Television’s election show The 2023 Verdict on Monday.

“It was a lie that I allowed to run until the day I asked my media men to play the tape back and since then that lie has gone.”

The minister said he could not have made the comment since the tone did not align with his personality.

“I know that in the way I speak, I don’t use words like stone. I am not even a violent person. Stone is violence. I don’t use those kinds of words. They are not part of my vocabulary,” he added.

Fashola also decried the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) naira swap policy, saying public officeholders should review their plans if they are not producing the right results.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/fashola-denies-promising-apc-will-fix-power-in-six-months/

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months by Felimax(m): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2023
You think say power na your mate?
That is how Obi may come and start denying everything he has promised.

A careful look at his 7 point agenda will tell you this Peter does not have the keys to the gate of heaven.

I refused to be deceived by Obi.

Re: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months by Emmanuella00(f): 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
Funny

(1) (Reply)

Anambra North: District Elders Expose Ex-gov Obiano's Wife / Another Guber Candidate Visits Lucky Igbokwe, Says Abia PDP Treated Him Unfairly / Supreme Court Lambasts Critics Of Recent Judgements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.