Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death (24029 Views)

Emotional Photo Of President Tinubu Crying After His Mother's Death 10 Years Ago / Coronavirus: Police Arrest Funke Akindele Over House Party / Lockdown: Police Arrest Funke Akindele Over House Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by thisweekng: 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Jide Sanwo-Olu has sympathized with the deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Lagos, Ms Funke Akindele over the death of her beloved mother, Dr. RB Adebanjo-Akindele.

Governor Sanwo-Olu, in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Gboyega Akosile on Tuesday said it is often hard to find the right words at a time like this for someone who has lost a beloved person, noting that losing mothers is one of the deepest sorrows for man.

The Governor prayed for peace, comfort, courage and love for Funke, his immediate siblings, the Adebanjo and Akindele families as they go through a most difficult period of mourning of the dead.

He said: “My heart goes out to Funke, friends of the Adebanjo and Akindele families on the demise of their daughter, mother and grandmother, Dr. RB Adebanjo-Akindele who answered the ultimate call today, Tuesday 7th of February, 2023.

“Death of loved ones, whenever it happens, is usually a very painful episode but we must be consoled by the good life lived by the deceased person. We should relish in the beautiful memories the dead left behind for us.

The Governor urged the PDP Deputy Governorship candidate, to be comforted by the good life that her late mother lived and continue to pray for the repose of Dr. RB Adebanjo-Akindele.

“On behalf of my family and the good people of Lagos State, I hereby express my heartfelt condolences to the entire families and friends of Adebanjo and Akindele.

May God grant the soul of the departed eternal rest and the families the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1623070042639282177?t=A8VJe3neSTNGNl0Pk-H9lg&s=19

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Isther: 9:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
RIP mama

8 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Hezzyluv: 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
RIP cry

The woman fyn gan....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Coolsperm: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Rip ma, Tinubu disappointed we Yoruba Christian's by running on Muslim Muslim ticket, we will never vote for Muslim Muslim ticket, we are not fools, even Muric told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christian's and they all agreed.

56 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Freshtruth(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Tunubu: baba abeg touch my head small make you check am if small sense still dey there sir

Imam: Nothing they there na gutter water full inside

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by badBADbichh(f): 5:00am On Feb 08, 2023
Fulfill all righteousness...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by opalu: 5:00am On Feb 08, 2023
Oh
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Modest200(m): 5:00am On Feb 08, 2023
This world is a tourist place. We have our permanent home to go after here. RIP mommy Jennifer

7 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Nobody: 5:01am On Feb 08, 2023
Coolsperm:
Rip ma, Tinubu disappointed we Yoruba Christian's by running on Muslim Muslim ticket, we will never vote for Muslim Muslim ticket, we are not fools, even Muric told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christian's and they all agreed.

Keep campaigning for Asiwaju!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Manny21: 5:05am On Feb 08, 2023
Is it just me, this girl appears to have given up becoming the deputy governor of Lagos State. I have not seen her in recent time campaigning

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by smile11s(m): 5:05am On Feb 08, 2023
May she rest in peace. Praying for her

Who Do You Think Will Win The 2023 Nigerian Presidential Election?

https://gist.am/q/who-do-you-think-will-win-the-2023-nigerian-presidential-election
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Dshocker(m): 5:07am On Feb 08, 2023
Hope it is not what i am thinking...

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by BluntCrazeMan: 5:13am On Feb 08, 2023

I hope this is a NATURAL DEATH.??

I hope this was not orchestrated in any way.??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by nawa4naija(m): 5:14am On Feb 08, 2023
Like for OBI
share for Atiku

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by BluntCrazeMan: 5:14am On Feb 08, 2023
Dshocker:

Ask The Question Again Ooo
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Fourtygees: 5:15am On Feb 08, 2023
Okk we don hear!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by BluntCrazeMan: 5:16am On Feb 08, 2023
Manny21:
Is it just me, this girl appears to have given up becoming the deputy governor of Lagos State. I have not seen her in recent time campaigning
They Are Chasing Her Seriously From Underground
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by seguno2: 5:20am On Feb 08, 2023
badBADbichh:
Whether genuine or not, this is what's expected from a leader.
Lagos politics gives hope for Nigeria.

Why can’t they give that hope for the light rail that ThiefNuibu talked about 23 years ago, and Buhari launched two weeks ago, which was 39 years after he cancelled Jakande’s metro construction?

Do you know if Lagosians have to wait another 10 years for a fake launch for renewed hopelessness of riding the light rail?

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
January 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the rail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

“The first section of this rail, which started from National Theatre, Orile-Iganmu to Mile 2 Bus Stop, would be fully completed with the tracks laid.

“Construction work will continue on the project from Orile-Iganmu to Marina, the expansion work on the road from Mile 2 to Okokomaiko will also be intensified.

“This is what we do with the loan collected by the government. We don’t use our loan to pay salaries and other recurrent expenditure, what we do with our loan is to provide capital projects that would serve the residents.

“When the project is completed, the state would be at par with other major cities of the world.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/114370-lagos-light-rail-project-to-be-ready-in-june-fashola.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Urbanchampion: 5:23am On Feb 08, 2023
Coolsperm:

Èwo ni ori'bu tí ìwọ ọmọ àlè ńbá ká, gan-an?
You're not Yoruba though, because I'm probably older than you and for all my years, Yoruba have never been divided along religion lines. I'm from Ondo State, we have both Muslims and Christians in virtually all families and we get on fine with one other, especially in my hometown. Kingship or land may cause quarrel among my people, definitely, religion won't!
Those that won't vote Asiwaju will not vote him, not because of his choice of Deputy, but because it's politics, everyone can't support only one person, this is what you, Igbos don't understand and that's why presidency will keep being elusive to Igbos

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by kunle4toyeyaho: 5:24am On Feb 08, 2023
Coolsperm:
Try and change your pattern Mr. Chibuzor

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by seguno2: 5:27am On Feb 08, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

I hope this is a NATURAL DEATH.??

I hope this was not orchestrated in any way.??

Orchestrated by ThiefNuibu and his MC Oluomo thugs who he failed to educate free in public schools with enough teachers

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by YoungLionken(m): 5:31am On Feb 08, 2023
Election is coming and this is happening, I pray she concentrates as expected..

You have my condolences over your loss, my excellency (the incoming deputy governor of Lagos state), Fonke Akindeley, take heart...

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by 2blessed01(m): 5:34am On Feb 08, 2023
Rest In Peace to The Dead
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by worksmart(m): 5:38am On Feb 08, 2023
ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by worksmart(m): 5:41am On Feb 08, 2023
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by derecho(m): 5:44am On Feb 08, 2023
Kikikiki.. Na so.
Just that he doesn't want you to wail about it.
CoronaVirusRelo:

Keep campaigning for Asiwaju!

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Mamaafrik1(m): 5:46am On Feb 08, 2023
Dshocker:
say she use her abi,dey play.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Pheztux01: 5:48am On Feb 08, 2023
Our incoming Deputy Governor 😁 May she rest in God's bossom. Relax with this to cool of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_fluv7q02U
Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by Mamaafrik1(m): 5:50am On Feb 08, 2023
Urbanchampion:

Èwo ni ori'bu tí ìwọ ọmọ àlè ńbá ká, gan-an?
You're not Yoruba though, because I'm probably older than you and for all my years, Yoruba have never been divided along religion lines. I'm from Ondo State, we have both Muslims and Christians in virtually all families and we get on fine with one other, especially in my hometown. Kingship or land may cause quarrel among my people, definitely, religion won't!
Those that won't vote Asiwaju will not vote him, not because of his choice of Deputy, but because it's politics, everyone can't support only one person, this is what you, Igbos don't understand and that's why presidency will keep being elusive to Igbos
a o ni dibo fene to kotiikun siwa nigba to fulani n pawa.
It shows he is not a leader but a selfish moroon who only was to use and dump.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by derecho(m): 5:51am On Feb 08, 2023
I see BATstards adding this to the many "achievements" of Sanwo-olu.

I won't be surprised to see Tinubu "commiserate" with Funke

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Commiserates With Funke Akindele Over Mother’s Death by LaSenior: 5:52am On Feb 08, 2023
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) / Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund / What Diezani's Loot Can Fund In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.