Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled (2605 Views)

APC Apologises To "Kankara Boys", Says Incident Won’t Repeat Itself / Aisha Yesufu & EndSARS: History Will Be Kind To This Woman In End SARS Campaign / NASS Leadership: What Happened In 2015 Might Repeat Itself, Saraki Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by SocialJustice: 8:25am On Feb 08, 2023
OKOATA:
I'm rooting for Obi but na that breakup I really want, make everyone bear him papa name.
What people like you fail to realise is bad politicians will not disappear in the new countries that will be formed if Nigeria splits, if we can't get it right together, we will most likely fail divided.
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by JoeNL22(m): 10:56am On Feb 08, 2023
wwwkaycom:
Which Obi is even winning? When are you waking up from this bad sleep?
So why would they cancel the elections?
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by drlateef: 11:10am On Feb 08, 2023
Zelenskyy:
And the Fulani ass lickers from the South West will weep and wail

Just like in 1993

Chinedu!!! You will soon start shouting Biafra or Death. You are going to lose this election in a woeful manner.
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by drlateef: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2023
Napata77:

When you break up and become the new South Sudans and Sierra Leones, is that when you think your problems will stop?

Is it not the same local elite chopping your money in your state now that will still be in power chopping your money in your new banana republic?

It will even be easier for them to suppress you in a small banana republic.

Go and see what happens to opposition elements in South Sudan, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Gambia - countries everyone ignores for their smallness.

You want to join their irrelevant, puny ranks and become bitches of France.

Useless, thoughtless Indomie generation.

Thank you for giving them a knock on the flat empty skull.
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by IgOga(m): 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zelenskyy:
And the Fulani ass lickers from the South West will weep and wail

Just like in 1993

How old are you
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2023
DMerciful:
Atleast the complexity of the problems reduces and this crab mentality of pulling people that are progressing more than your nationality will be eliminated

Go and look at the 8 countries from former Yugoslavia, they're all doing well so why are you using the worst as examples?

The same Yugoslavia that broke up bloddily with thousands dead and thousands displaced?

Even now there are peacekeeping forces in some parts to.prevent the croats and serbs from playing rough again.

And some of those countries are funded on illicit things.

Besides Yugoslavia was industrialized. Nigeria relies on oil . A break up will lead to a violent fight over the oil. Yugoslavia would look like child's play
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
Napata77:

When you break up and become the new South Sudans and Sierra Leones, is that when you think your problems will stop?

Is it not the same local elite chopping your money in your state now that will still be in power chopping your money in your new banana republic?

It will even be easier for them to suppress you in a small banana republic.

Go and see what happens to opposition elements in South Sudan, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Gambia - countries everyone ignores for their smallness.

You want to join their irrelevant, puny ranks and become bitches of France.

Useless, thoughtless Indomie generation.

Good point

Yes, Nigeria is a contraption. Breaking up the contraption is not going to be easy. Even the biafra that people.think , it was doomed from the word go with the divisions between Igbos and minorites.

Plus all the breakup nigeria people are from majority tribes. No one gives anything about minority interests.
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Almaigaa:

See person wey dey sell fake drinks for Lagos traffic, dey claim Yoruba. You be Igbo Boy wey go hustle for Lagos. Emeka, you no fit deceive us with ur small Yoruba wey you speak. cheesy grin

😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by DMerciful(m): 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
When Yugoslavia finally broke up, not a single shot was fired. Stop misleading the public
Kobonaire4:

The same Yugoslavia that broke up bloddily with thousands dead and thousands displaced?

Even now there are peacekeeping forces in some parts to.prevent the croats and serbs from playing rough again.

And some of those countries are funded on illicit things.

Besides Yugoslavia was industrialized. Nigeria relies on oil . A break up will lead to a violent fight over the oil. Yugoslavia would look like child's play

1 Like

Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
DMerciful:
When Yugoslavia finally broke up, not a single shot was fired. Stop misleading the public

Oga. I was around when it happened. I followed the news as it happened.

There were wars. Bosnia was a brutal warground in particular..people died.

Even now they are still hunting down war criminals. And peacekeepers dey ground.

Want a nation that split peacefully? Czechoslovakia.

Oga, i am no liar.
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by IGBOSON1: 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
Almaigaa:

Na una go still suffer am. When Nigeria break up, IGBO People will only go with their 3 and half IGBO indegineous States. Which are Ebonyi, Imo, Abia and half of Enugu State.

Anambra and half of Enugu State are IGALA ancestral Land and the North will never allow IGBO People go with an inch of IGALA ancestral Land.

Una go cry pepper cheesy grin

In the event of your ATM ‘one Nigeria’ disintegrating, are you by any chance including the Christian middle-belt in this your ‘the north’!? You honestly think Tiv, Idoma, Igala and others will want to fight your hegemonic battles…battles that will only benefit the Fulani hegemony!? The one they were tricked into fighting for una in ‘66-‘70, see where it got them today: their lands being invaded by bloodthirsty Fulani militias and their kinsfolk decimated in their thousands! You think if given another chance, they will opt to make the same mistake their parents made when they have the opportunity to either align with likeminded groups in the middle-belt to form their own nation, or even align with southern groups!? In any case, you wouldn’t be worse off forming Arewa Islamic Republic as you’ve now found oyel and gas in commercial quantity and you’d be casting adrift the ‘hated okoro nyamiris’ who you always argue are a ‘liability’ and contribute fckall to the federation account!

I know there’s a Igala community in Anambra, but can you mention the ones in Enugu that take up ‘half the state’ as you claim!? Unlike you lot, in the event of a split, Ndigbo/Biafra will not try to FORCEFULLY hold on to any groups (even if they’re Igbo) that don’t want to be part of the new nation!
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
DMerciful:

I am quoting you again because I am shocked that you do not know of the Yugoslav wars of 1991-2001

Seriously, no offence, you are showing your age here. You probably were born after 1997, or even 2000. I am not saying this to abuse you...it is good to be young, but to tell you that if you boldly made such an assertion, you really do not know. (And if you don't know, Google really can help. In my time, we did not have all that stuff).

As for me, there were a lot of wars which accompanied Yugoslavia's breakup. I speak as someone who was around and who also had an interest in current affairs then, and who tried to follow the conflict (in the 1990's most houses did not have access to things like DSTV, and the internet was not even avaialable then...so all we had was NTA, and whatever the newspapaers reported, plus some foreign mags like TIME and NEWSWEEK...)

Here is a quote from the Wikipedia article.

The Yugoslav Wars were a series of separate but related[9][10][11] ethnic conflicts, wars of independence, and insurgencies that took place in the SFR Yugoslavia from 1991 to 2001.[A 2] T[b]he conflicts both led up to and resulted from the breakup of Yugoslavia, which began in mid-1991, into six independent countries matching the six entities known as republics which previously composed Yugoslavia: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, and North Macedonia (previously named Macedonia). Yugoslavia's constituent republics declared independence due to unresolved tensions between ethnic minorities in the new countries, which fuelled the wars. While most of the conflicts ended through peace accords that involved full international recognition of new states, they resulted in a massive number of deaths as well as severe economic damage to the region[/b].

So there you go. There were shots fired all over the place. I even remember reading articles and watching reports about the mess then, and I even recall names like Arkan, Milosevic, Tudjman, Mladic, and the very famous Radavan Karadzic...and a host of others. I also recall that people died.

Note..people died.

In 1995, there was a brutal massacare of 800 bosniaks (Serbs who are muslim) by Bosnian serb forces. One of several massacares. In addition there were massive concentration camps where people were literally starving to death. (Infact the pictures shocked many Europeans who thought that such things only happened in Africa).

Even now, there are still issues resulting from the war today. Bosnia basically has peacekeeprs to keep the war from kicking off there again. Kosovo is basically under NATO protection from Serbia. And so on.

People died. Shots were fired.
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by DMerciful(m): 4:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Again, when Yugoslavia FINALLY broke, the Serbs couldn't do the other nationalities anything when they declared independence.
I'm done here
Kobonaire4:

I am quoting you again because I am shocked that you do not know of the Yugoslav wars of 1991-2001

Seriously, no offence, you are showing your age here. You probably were born after 1997, or even 2000. I am not saying this to abuse you...it is good to be young, but to tell you that if you boldly made such an assertion, you really do not know. (And if you don't know, Google really can help. In my time, we did not have all that stuff).

As for me, there were a lot of wars which accompanied Yugoslavia's breakup. I speak as someone who was around and who also had an interest in current affairs then, and who tried to follow the conflict (in the 1990's most houses did not have access to things like DSTV, and the internet was not even avaialable then...so all we had was NTA, and whatever the newspapaers reported, plus some foreign mags like TIME and NEWSWEEK...)

Here is a quote from the Wikipedia article.

So there you go. There were shots fired all over the place. I even remember reading articles and watching reports about the mess then, and I even recall names like Arkan, Milosevic, Tudjman, Mladic, and the very famous Radavan Karadzic...and a host of others. I also recall that people died.

Note..people died.

In 1995, there was a brutal massacare of 800 bosniaks (Serbs who are muslim) by Bosnian serb forces. One of several massacares. In addition there were massive concentration camps where people were literally starving to death. (Infact the pictures shocked many Europeans who thought that such things only happened in Africa).

Even now, there are still issues resulting from the war today. Bosnia basically has peacekeeprs to keep the war from kicking off there again. Kosovo is basically under NATO protection from Serbia. And so on.

People died. Shots were fired.

Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
DMerciful:
Again, when Yugoslavia FINALLY broke, the Serbs couldn't do the other nationalities anything when they declared independence.
I'm done here

Oga, when people correct you, accept your correction, and move on. You were wrong. I showed you you were wrong. Don't rejoice in your being wrong

This is what you said originally

DMerciful:

I have showed you shots were fired...a lot. Instead of accepting you are wrong, you are here doing strong head.

Better take advice and be mature enough to accept when you are wrong.

Plus, you can use a better example...Czechoslovakia split up peacefully...after about two years of peaceful discussion, into two countries that are doing very well.

1 Like

Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by Almaigaa: 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
IGBOSON1:

In the event of your ATM ‘one Nigeria’ disintegrating, are you by any chance including the Christian middle-belt in this your ‘the north’!? You honestly think Tiv, Idoma, Igala and others will want to fight your hegemonic battles…battles that will only benefit the Fulani hegemony!? The one they were tricked into fighting for una in ‘66-‘70, see where it got them today: their lands being invaded by bloodthirsty Fulani militias and their kinsfolk decimated in their thousands! You think if given another chance, they will opt to make the same mistake their parents made when they have the opportunity to either align with likeminded groups in the middle-belt to form their own nation, or even align with southern groups!? In any case, you wouldn’t be worse off forming Arewa Islamic Republic as you’ve now found oyel and gas in commercial quantity and you’d be casting adrift the ‘hated okoro nyamiris’ who you always argue are a ‘liability’ and contribute fckall to the federation account!

I know there’s a Igala community in Anambra, but can you mention the ones in Enugu that take up ‘half the state’ as you claim!? Unlike you lot, in the event of a split, Ndigbo/Biafra will not try to FORCEFULLY hold on to any groups (even if they’re Igbo) that don’t want to be part of the new nation!

Trash.
Chibuzor, the North is one. But we go soon chase una comot for all the IGALA ancestral Land, that Igbo people are presently occupying in the EAST. angry grin cheesy

Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by DMerciful(m): 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2023
Move on...lets agree to disagree
Kobonaire4:

Oga, when people correct you, accept your correction, and move on. You were wrong. I showed you you were wrong. Don't rejoice in your being wrong

This is what you said originally

I have showed you shots were fired...a lot. Instead of accepting you are wrong, you are here doing strong head.

Better take advice and be mature enough to accept when you are wrong.

Plus, you can use a better example...Czechoslovakia split up peacefully...after about two years of peaceful discussion, into two countries that are doing very well.
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by IGBOSON1: 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
Almaigaa:

Trash.
Chibuzor, the North is one. But we go soon chase una comot for all the IGALA ancestral Land, that Igbo people are presently occupying in the EAST. angry grin cheesy

Kosi wahala! Any Igala in present day Anambra are welcome to go with una! Incidentally, what happens to the Igbo in the north….Benue to be precise!?🙂
Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by amuwo1980: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
JoeNL22:

Hmmm.
Why do you think so?
Is it because obi is wining or what?
Yes the Mikanoites and balabulites are scared stiff of a working nigeria , ppl who thrive on connections never on merit are worried they have to work for a living once in their lives , thieves

1 Like

Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by Almaigaa: 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Kosi wahala! Any Igala in present day Anambra are welcome to go with una! Incidentally, what happens to the Igbo in the north….Benue to be precise!?🙂

The entire Anambra and half of Enugu are Igala Land. That means, Anambra and half of Enugu are part of Northern Nigeria grin grin

Una go wail tire

Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by JoeNL22(m): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
amuwo1980:

Yes the Mikanoites and balabulites are scared stiff of a working nigeria , ppl who thrive on connections never on merit are worried they have to work for a living once in their lives , thieves
God bless you sir. You are a true nationalist

2 Likes

Re: History Will Repeat Itself . The 2023 Election Will Be Cancelled by Zelenskyy(m): 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
IgOga:

How old are you

Older than your father

(1) (2) (Reply)

Odein Ajumogobia - Rivers State Ministerial Nominee / Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! / Is This Why "they" Love Brazil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.