Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN (22172 Views)

Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board / Naira Redesign: You Must Put Arabic Sign On Every Note - MURIC To CBN / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Scarcity234: 11:28am On Feb 08, 2023
Brendaniel:
Then the purpose has been defeated...
There was never a purpose except vendetta, it's a wrongly and erroneously timed policy with its intent clear but unfortunately to the detriment of the masses. What they sold to us was to get the support but it's wrong. I rather see a policy aimed at taking revenge and with the actor willing to sacrifice the good of the masses to achieve his aim, and it's very obvious.

But, it wouldn't surprise me ifhe fails, he has failed already.

NB: I ain't a Tinubu supporter
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 11:29am On Feb 08, 2023
Scarcity234:

There was never a purpose except vendetta, it's a wrongly and erroneously timed policy with its intent clear but unfortunately to the detriment of the masses. What they sold to us was to get the support but it's wrong. I rather see a policy aimed at taking revenge and with the actor willing to sacrifice the good of the masses to achieve his aim, and it's very obvious.

But, it wouldn't surprise me ifhe fails, he has failed already.

NB: I ain't a Tinubu supporter

If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 11:29am On Feb 08, 2023
Inhuman69:

Abeg I need your dealers number, cause this your crack is good

Can you kindly show me d argument you say I am arguing?

If you say I am "arguing senselessly", how am I then able to answer your question?

The question I asked you requires a simple yes or no answer....has the purpose been achieved?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by femmoy(m): 11:32am On Feb 08, 2023
slivertongue:
No need going back. CBN should fine-tune the policy. Corrupt governors suddenly care about the people.

Very good comment.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by truthfinder319: 11:43am On Feb 08, 2023
Obi is also corrupt, religious bigot, ethnic champion and intolerant.

1 he stole Anambra money and invested in tax haven Panama
2. He said; Christians take back your country. In a multi religious
3. He is always whipping up ethnic sentiments
4. He invested Anambra money in Hero beers and other companies where his family had shares
5. He saved Anambra money in Fidelity Bank in which he has shares

Tell us what Peter Ibi achieved as Governor of Anambra and what qualities he has to lead Nigeria.

Bola Tinubu is a million miles ahead on all indices. And Peter Obi lives in Lagos and not Anambra
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Ijaya123: 11:58am On Feb 08, 2023
sunky97:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ZtMMMoMiI

Governor El-Rufai in this video said all the 36 state governors has agreed and proposed the use of both old and new naira notes side by side to the president and hope this will be accepted as the pains citizens are going through right now is too much.

That’s the only sensible option for now.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Ijaya123: 11:59am On Feb 08, 2023
Coolsperm:
So what happened to the huge money Tinubu stole Tru bullion van during last election

How much was declared missing!
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by DonroxyII: 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ttalk:
That's the only option for now
God Bless Nasir Elrufai, That's Future Nigerian President Loading with Nyesom Wike as His Vice grin ....
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Enddy50ty(m): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Where and when did you get it?
Bank ATM here in Surulere Lagos
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by ITbomb(m): 12:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hopium:

You guys sha. You will just open mouth and spew trash thinking you are smart.

When we swapped our currency the previous times you said, was there a cashless policy to be enforced?

In the bigger picture, the current policy isn't about redesign or swap. It's a all about the cashless policy. Our deficient banking and comms infrastructure is why it will that that long (3 years min). No where on can anyone reap where you didn't sow. There's so much to be done to improve our banking network. What about cyber security? Go and verify - our banking infrastructure gets penetrated during more than 90% of attacks. What about orientation?

You dey cap. We haven't gone full swing at cashless, our banking network has started collapsing. You're capping.
Cap?
Can you use a more traditional English? That is, English used before 2000
I don't understand you
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
Brendaniel:
Then the purpose has been defeated...
I am telling you.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Scarcity234: 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Brendaniel:

If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time
Sir, if you have been in the streets, markets and it's likes, you would understand that this isn't any good for the people. People are really suffering and everything seems to be on pause.

You know that feeling when you have a means to get something but you can't because you're restricted. It's more like been retrained in a circle.

And most businesses?
They're all on standstill...
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by yarimo(m): 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
EMPEROROFDONBAS:

shut up... answer him... if tosay na Obi wey bullock van enter I'm house, will you sound ds way?
RIP English grin grin
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Peterobifailed: 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
unclejb2:
No... That's not going to happen. The old notes will cease to be legal tender from Friday next tomorrow.

We are willing to suffer for another 3 weeks, it would not kill us. After all Nigerians have been suffering since after the civil war and no politician cared.

No room for vote buying
it will never be well with you and your family
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by yarimo(m): 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Obi supporters made people to see him as unserious candidate, and they think they are promoting him
HardMirror:
this is just the truth. I hate tinubu but when i see what obidients post online, i can attest that they are very stupid and irresponsible people. What el rufia is saying here is nothing but the truth. I dont even like anything apc but let us call a spade a spade. If tinubu says something right i will support him and if obi makes sense i will also applaud him. But to allow love or hate for a candidate determine how i think? Never!
I guess most of these obidients are senseless kids. I just dont know what to say about their case.

1 Like

Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
yarimo:
RIP English grin grin
Mumu "RIP ENGLISH "
for pidgin wey I write... πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Urchins just be like TINUBU
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Isobug: 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2023
yarimo:
Labour party supporters are kids with poor knowledge of education
No knowledge Gene in your body Chromosomes.
I bet you can't stand any labour party supporter in any subject of contest. Or is it not those things you're writing up and down here that lack comprehension like a primary school leaver writes? Empty low IQ half human
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by teemy(m): 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Why then isn't it enough?

When you say 10% of what was in their vaults, what do you mean?
10% of what they sent* to CBN.

That info was released by CBN. I read it on a post here.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by unclejb2(m): 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Peterobifailed:
it will never be well with you and your family
your moniker says it all. A repugnant urchin.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by NickD(m): 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
sunky97:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ZtMMMoMiI

Governor El-Rufai in this video said all the 36 state governors has agreed and proposed the use of both old and new naira notes side by side to the president and hope this will be accepted as the pains citizens are going through right now is too much.
Criminals who are speaking out for their selfish plans to buy votes. Why didn't they shout when palliative was hoarded or throughout the ASUU strike.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 1:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
Scarcity234:

Sir, if you have been in the streets, markets and it's likes, you would understand that this isn't any good for the people. People are really suffering and everything seems to be on pause.

You know that feeling when you have a means to get something but you can't because you're restricted. It's more like been retrained in a circle.

And most businesses?
They're all on standstill...

Nigerians might have to endure this one till after the elections, If Nigerians had endured the subsidy removal during Jonathan's time, we would not be talking about fuel subsidy today, for the politicians to be running up and down and going to get court orders, the policy really got them, and I know it is because of the election. The policy is affecting everyone but would we suffer for just 3 weeks of suffer for 8 years, if these evil politicians running up and down have their way, that will be another 8 years of suffering for Nigerians.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Scarcity234: 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Brendaniel:

Nigerians might have to endure this one till after the elections, If Nigerians had endured the subsidy removal during Jonathan's time, we would not be talking about fuel subsidy today, for the politicians to be running up and down and going to get court orders, the policy really got them, and I know it is because of the election. The policy is affecting everyone but would we suffer for just 3 weeks of suffer for 8 years, if these evil politicians running up and down have their way, that will be another 8 years of suffering for Nigerians.

But here's the big question?
Are we really banking on this to elect the right candidate?

What's makes us think those we think this is targeted at doesn't have a way of going around this?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Scarcity234:

But here's the big question?
Are we really banking on this to elect the right candidate?

What's makes us think those we think this is targeted at doesn't have a way of going around this?

Because they are still running around
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 08, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JREMEqXSpGA

nlfpmod, Skydancer, Erad, Cao, Mkmyers45, Dragnet, Twinstaiye, Mikuz, Nex, Osystein, mynd44, Tjskii, Olawalebabs, seun, Obinoscopy, mukina2, Lawyer, FarmTech, Briareos, Obinnau, Divepen1, RoyalRoy, Pavore9, Prof800, CrazyMan, FOD, Ben13, Dani1luv, Sissie, Uboma, Rocktation, Richiez, farano, Justwise, oam4j, Honsule, lalasticlala, Airmark, Odumchi, Marpol, Semid4lyfe, DisGuy, Bigfrancis21, Davide470, 1forall, R231 and dominique.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by kingsceemark(m): 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
Coolsperm:
So what happened to the huge money Tinubu stole Tru bullion van during last election

Tinubu is a bastardized bastardy bastard
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by maasoap(m): 10:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Brendaniel:

If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time....

No, they're actually scared of what it may lead to when people are pushed to the wall. Thank God, supreme court stepped in
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Coolgent(m): 11:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
This will only favour Tinubu cos of his billions notes stashed
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
maasoap:

No, they're actually scared of what it may lead to when people are pushed to the wall. Thank God, supreme court stepped in

They are not scared of that, if they were, the end SARS protest would have gotten the support of the politicians.

They are only scared of the monies they've stashed for vote buying going to waste....
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Donedeal1(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2023
Uchesis:

Which incoming president?
There won't even be an election
Just wait a little,
by this month end
you will gladly acknowledge
your new
President and
commander
in chief
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Uchesis: 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2023
Donedeal1:
Just wait a little, by this month end you will gladly acknowledge your new President and commander in chief
an urchin has spoken

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos / I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu / 9-month-old Baby Burnt To Death In Sapele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.