Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,493 members, 7,840,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN (22132 Views)

Urum Kalu Eke: South East Nominee Rejects Tinubu's Appointment To CBN Board / Naira Redesign: You Must Put Arabic Sign On Every Note - MURIC To CBN / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Donedeal1(m): 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2023
Uchesis:

an urchin has spoken

Call me names for all I care

But by may 29,

You will appreciate the reality.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 2:22am On Feb 11, 2023
Brendaniel:

I'm only waiting for it till after election, after election they should find a solution....

thats not what i asked...Let me get you right. millions can't access their funds in their accounts, are suffering as a result and you say buhari and emefiele got it right?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 2:23am On Feb 11, 2023
Enddy50ty:
Bank ATM here in Surulere Lagos

when did you get it?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 2:24am On Feb 11, 2023
teemy:

10% of what they sent* to CBN.

That info was released by CBN. I read it on a post here.

Why then isn't the money enough?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 3:01am On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

thats not what i asked...Let me get you right. millions can't access their funds in their accounts, are suffering as a result and you say buhari and emefiele got it right?

They got it right on Tinubu and other corrupt politicians who are ready to buy votes but got it wrong on the citizens, however for me as a citizen I am ready to endure till after election as long as it will reduce vote buying....
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 3:23am On Feb 11, 2023
Brendaniel:

They got it right on Tinubu and other corrupt politicians who are ready to buy votes but got it wrong on the citizens, however for me as a citizen I am ready to endure till after election as long as it will reduce vote buying....

how is it the job of the CBN to prevent tinubu and other corrupt politicians from buying votes?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 3:27am On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

how is it the job of the CBN to prevent tinubu and other corrupt politicians from buying votes?

Go and ask Buhari, he is the commander in chief...
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 3:37am On Feb 11, 2023
Brendaniel:

Go and ask Buhari, he is the commander in chief...

did you ask buhari before you said this "If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time"

what concerns commander in chief with this question..."how is it the job of the CBN to prevent tinubu and other corrupt politicians from buying votes?"
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 3:47am On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

did you ask buhari before you said this "If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time"

what concerns commander in chief with this question..."how is it the job of the CBN to prevent tinubu and other corrupt politicians from buying votes?"

Buhari is supposed to give Nigerians a free and fair election, if it is the CBN he decided to use, who am I to stop him, I am not happy about the policy either, but if that is his method then I can't say no as long as it will reduce vote buying, if you have a problem with that, go and ask Buhari why he decided to use CBN....
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 3:53am On Feb 11, 2023
Brendaniel:

Buhari is supposed to give Nigerians a free and fair election, if it is the CBN he decided to use, who am I to stop him, I am not happy about the policy either, but if that is his method then I can't say no as long as it will reduce vote buying, if you have a problem with that, go and ask Buhari why he decided to use CBN....

thats why i asked you "how is it the job of the CBN to prevent tinubu and other corrupt politicians from buying votes?"

did you ask buhari before you said this "If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time"?

what concerns commander in chief with this question i asked?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 4:03am On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

thats why i asked you "how is it the job of the CBN to prevent tinubu and other corrupt politicians from buying votes?"

did you ask buhari before you said this "If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time"?

That is why I am letting you know that it is non of my business, Buhari should be the one you should ask, for me I may have used other methods and agencies, so go and ask Buhari....
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 5:42am On Feb 11, 2023
Brendaniel:

That is why I am letting you know that it is non of my business, Buhari should be the one you should ask, for me I may have used other methods and agencies, so go and ask Buhari....

Was it your business when you said "If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time"?

Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 8:04am On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Was it your business when you said "If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time"?

So what do you want me to do about the policy?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 8:33am On Feb 11, 2023
Brendaniel:

So what do you want me to do about the policy?

That's not what I asked you.

Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 9:08am On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

That's not what I asked you.

It's like you placed yourself on repeat, I have already answered your question....
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 9:32am On Feb 11, 2023
Brendaniel:

It's like you placed yourself on repeat, I have already answered your question....

1. did you ask buhari before you said this "If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time"?

Simple yes or no. Where is the answer you say you answered?

2. Was it your business when you said "If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time"?

3. how is it the job of the CBN to prevent tinubu and other corrupt politicians from buying votes?

4. what concerns commander in chief with this question i asked?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by teemy(m): 10:28am On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Why then isn't the money enough?

Seems this is part of it

https://www.nairaland.com/7563574/emefiele-no-papers-print-200
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 11:07am On Feb 11, 2023
teemy:

Seems this is part of it

https://www.nairaland.com/7563574/emefiele-no-papers-print-200

But earlier, you claimed sabotage was responsible for the scarcity.

teemy:
Most of the legit old notes are already in. Only those with illegal money are scared of putting it into the banking sphere.

The focus now is distribution of the new notes. If not for sabotage, I see no reason why the CBN that can provide election materials in one single day all over the country can't make new notes circulate all over the country on a routine basis.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by Brendaniel: 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

1. did you ask buhari before you said this "If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time"?

2. Was it your business when you said "If Nigerian politicians are so disturbed about the Policy then Emefiele and Buhari got something right for the people this time"?

3. how is it the job of the CBN to prevent tinubu and other corrupt politicians from buying votes?

4. what concerns commander in chief with this question i asked?

Observee e repete grin
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by teemy(m): 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

But earlier, you claimed sabotage was responsible for the scarcity.

Yes, and with this recent update we all know more.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2023
teemy:

Yes, and with this recent update we all know more.

Who are the "we"? Speak for yourself cos you were making uninformed comments. You can see below the 2nd question I asked you 3days ago

Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by teemy(m): 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Who are the "we"? Speak for yourself cos you were making uninformed comments. You can see below the 2nd question I asked you 3days ago

With every new news information that comes up, 'we' ...you and I get better informed. With every new piece of information, we are all to use our intelligence to deduce the truth while removing the chaff from the wheat to get what that truth is. While doing this, we are bound to pick one or more sides of the divide till more information comes in.

From all I said, all can be verified from all the news pieces we've all come across within the past few days. At the end, we know that many parties (the banks, CBN and the FG) all have a fault in the dearth of new notes.

Also, during our back and forths, you've not come out to say you have privy insider information like someone within the CBN or so and thus I am opined to believe my 'truth' which has not been debunked and not take your 'truth' over mine. All updates only came up with both of 'we' being right but only complete with all sides of the story. cheesy
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
teemy:

With every new news information that comes up, 'we' ...you and I get better informed. With every new piece of information, we are all to use our intelligence to deduce the truth while removing the chaff from the wheat to get what that truth is. While doing this, we are bound to pick one or more sides of the divide till more information comes in.

From all I said, all can be verified from all the news pieces we've all come across within the past few days. At the end, we know that many parties (the banks, CBN and the FG) all have a fault in the dearth of new notes.

Also, during our back and forths, you've not come out to say you have privy insider information like someone within the CBN or so and thus I am opined to believe my 'truth' which has not been debunked and not take your 'truth' over mine. All updates only came up with both of 'we' being right but only complete with all sides of the story. cheesy

There's no "we". There's just you. You boldly made unsubstantiated claims (told lies) that the reason for the shortage was sabotage as seen in the screenshot below hence the questions I asked you.

Did you have "insider information" before you claimed that the reason for the cash shortage was sabotage or you just followed the figment of your imagination?

Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by teemy(m): 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2023
lexy2014:

There's no "we". There's just you. You boldly made unsubstantiated claims (told lies) that the reason for the shortage was sabotage as seen in the screenshot below hence the questions I asked you.

Did you have "insider information" before you claimed that the reason for the cash shortage was sabotage or you just followed the figment of your imagination?

Latest news hitting the front page
https://www.nairaland.com/7564697/cbn-debunks-claims-capacity-nspmc.
Probably not the last on this issue.

You are righted to your opinions as am I. By the way, I made no unsubstantiated claims. The topics are still there on nairaland for you to peruse. Cheers dear.
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 4:22am On Feb 12, 2023
teemy:

Latest news hitting the front page
https://www.nairaland.com/7564697/cbn-debunks-claims-capacity-nspmc.
Probably not the last on this issue.

You are righted to your opinions as am I. By the way, I made no unsubstantiated claims. The topics are still there on nairaland for you to peruse. Cheers dear.

the topics arent there for me to read. they are there for you to read since you are all over the place. can you pls provide evidence of your calim that sabotage was the reason for the naira scarcity?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by teemy(m): 10:02am On Feb 12, 2023
lexy2014:

the topics arent there for me to read. they are there for you to read since you are all over the place. can you pls provide evidence of your calim that sabotage was the reason for the naira scarcity?

I was able to get these

https://www.nairaland.com/7556104/new-naira-notes-cbn-slams
https://www.nairaland.com/7553276/naira-redesign-buhari-accuses-banks
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 10:37am On Feb 12, 2023
teemy:

I was able to get these

Can you pls do a chronology of the different links you are sharing with the dates attached to each link?
Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by lexy2014: 10:47am On Feb 12, 2023
teemy:

I was able to get these

Which leads me back to question number 2 I asked you earlier in the screenshot...

Re: Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN by teemy(m): 11:18am On Feb 13, 2023
lexy2014:

Can you pls do a chronology of the different links you are sharing with the dates attached to each link?

lexy2014:

Which leads me back to question number 2 I asked you earlier in the screenshot...

All the best dear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kidnapping: Anambra Govt. Demolishes Church,3 Other Building / Fayose, Kashamu Disagree Over Buhari / I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.