Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,195 members, 7,811,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos (22056 Views)

‘Buildings Will Go Down’ — Wike Assumes Office, Vows More Demolitions / Ohanaeze President Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu Visits Lagos / Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Twistaray(m): 2:31am On Dec 17, 2023
Demolition: Don’t cry over split milk, Ohanaeze tells Igbo in Lagos

The President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide, Chief Emanuel Iwuanyanwu, has urged Igbos affected by the demolition of their houses in the Abule Ado area of Lagos by the Federal Housing Authority, FHA, not to cry over split milk.

He reiterated that moves are on the way to mitigate aggrieved Igbos nationwide.

Speaking during his visit to grieve with Igbos in the community last Friday, Chief Iwuanyanwu said, “The government has the right to demolish for public interest, but the affected citizens should be compensated. There’s no need to cry over split milk.

Adding that “in any country, citizens rights are sacred, Senator Umeh has briefed me, but I came here to know the main issue. What we are going to fight for are our rights. You only build a country based on the truth.”

Recounting his ordeal, one of the affected property owners, who preferred to remain anonymous, said, “I am unable to recover from the needles ordeal. I moved into my dream apartment, and on the third day, they came with bulldozers to bring my dream apartment down.

There’s an urgent need for the power to address these issues.”

Responding to their grief, Chief Iwuanyanwu disclosed that Igbos in diaspora are seriously concerned about how Igbos at home are being treated.

We have decided to set up an Igbo relief agency where every aggrieved Igbo would be funded.

“I will also advise communities to treat Igbos fairly because we are peace loving and we are the highest indigenous people that are adding to the GDP of the nation.

“Treat people the way you want them to treat you. In other words, treat Igbos the way you want Igbos to treat you,” he stressed

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/demolition-dont-cry-over-split-milk-ohanaeze-president-general-tells-igbos-in-lagos/

16 Likes

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Obaofpigs: 2:35am On Dec 17, 2023
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by aikyg(m): 3:31am On Dec 17, 2023
Na waa ooo! Is this Ohaneze body for or against Igbo interest? In what part of Igbo land do you beat a child and ask him not to cry? A man's home was demolished and you are asking him not to cry. Even if there were some irregularities in the processes leading to the acquisition of land and erecting of the properties, the law must always be applied with a human face. At least the owners of the properties are not criminals; they only fell victim to activities of greedy developers and corrupt government officials who connived with the developers to sell the properties to the unsuspected victims, majority of who happen to Igbos.

That said, a lot of people here don't understand the genuine love that Igbo people have for Lagos and Lagosians. Apart from the South-East, the only other place we feel at home is in Lagos. So, when people come here and try to put a wedge between Igbos and Lagosians, and make it look like we hate Lagosians and therefore not qualified to cry out to our brothers who are hosting us when we feel a knee on our neck, we feel even sadder. The Igbo man has no interest in the politics of Lagos. Leading up to the election a lot of Igbo people were even ready to vote for the incumbent governor. Unfortunately, some people who do not live in Lagos started spreading misinformation and hate. All the Igbo man wants to do is conduct his business, make his money and go home to enjoy with his family and friends.

Ohaneze missed the opportunity to make it clear that the Igbos in Lagos are not anyboby's enemy. They are actually one of the biggest source of FDI for Lagos. What's even better is that unlike the Chinese and the Indians, the Igbos keep a greater share of their profit in Lagos.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by RepoMan007: 3:33am On Dec 17, 2023
Lol. The investor tribe of Nigeria. Investing Everywhere.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Sillymoderators: 3:33am On Dec 17, 2023
Igbo this Igbo that na only una house dem demolish?.... Lawless people.

312 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Ustec: 3:33am On Dec 17, 2023
They knew right from the beginning that it was illegal,
They were just stacked ignoramus stubborn illiterates.

216 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Pristine664: 3:34am On Dec 17, 2023
If Igbos don't cry victimisation over every little thing I guess we will all be bored in this country.

Please let them keep crying.

219 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Pristine664: 3:36am On Dec 17, 2023
aikyg:
Na waa ooo! Is this Ohaneze body for or against Igbo interest? In what part of Igbo land do you beat a child and ask him not to cry? A man's home was demolished and you are asking him not to cry.

Please keep crying.

Cry in the morning, beat chest in the evening, REPEAT everyday.

121 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Btruth: 3:37am On Dec 17, 2023
A bi 🤷

1 Like

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by chuose2: 3:39am On Dec 17, 2023
The most hated tribe in Nigeria,yet they are scared to let them leave!

If not why is Kanu in Prison?

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Pristine664: 3:42am On Dec 17, 2023
chuose2:
The most hated tribe in Nigeria,yet they are scared to let them leave!

If not why is Kanu in Prison?

Because he's a terrorist.

129 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Chibuzoripob: 3:52am On Dec 17, 2023
grin confused people

38 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Twistaray(m): 3:54am On Dec 17, 2023
And....awa chair man e...bow-ed at last. grin cool

9 Likes

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Chibuzoripob: 3:55am On Dec 17, 2023
cool LAND GRABBERS ASSOCIATION OF LAGOS

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by YourKarma: 3:59am On Dec 17, 2023
Sillymoderators:
Igbo this Igbo that na only una house dem demolish?.... Lawless people.

Most of the properties in that area is owned by them .

You're a daft fellow if you call an entire tribe lawless

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by YourKarma: 4:00am On Dec 17, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
cool LAND GRABBERS ASSOCIATION OF LAGOS

Land grabbers? Please explain, Abi you just wanna make a useless comment like y'all usually do?

5 Likes

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by YourKarma: 4:01am On Dec 17, 2023
TimeMachine2:
This fat pig has realised that it's no longer business as usual. When they'd be making
nonsense statements to degrade and disrespect the Yorubas, taking advantage of our collective accommodating nature. Do anyhow, see anyhow and collect wotowoto.

No dey jonse. Wetin be accommodating? Did you dash them land? You guys sell your ancestral lands to them and come back to claim accommodating.
Clown 🤡

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Orissodiq: 4:08am On Dec 17, 2023
All have been waiting for since all dis time is evidence of building approval from the government for the affected buildings and not media outcry all time. Post ur evidence online and sue them to court if u have evidence.

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by allthingsgood: 4:08am On Dec 17, 2023
Mtscheeeew

Well for me I think this is a pay back for the last elections which turned into a tribal war. I don’t blame Sanwa olu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by broadman20: 4:16am On Dec 17, 2023
Pristine664:

Because he's a terrorist.

And you blindly supported the man who said AN ATTACK ON BOKO HARAM IS AN ATTACK ON THE NORTH?

Come and buy fuel and foodstuff cheap let me see you,

Olodo in high places.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by seanery: 4:16am On Dec 17, 2023
Sigh
Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by Basic123: 4:17am On Dec 17, 2023
allthingsgood:
Mtscheeeew

Well for me I think this is a pay back for the last elections which turned into a tribal war. I don’t blame Sanwa olu.
I GUESS ANAMBRA DEMOLITION EARLY THIS YEAR WAS ELECTION PAYBACK TOO!

53 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by theophorus(m): 4:25am On Dec 17, 2023
If everybody hates you, then you need to really examine You cause Everyone can never hate you except You are a Hate.

Learn to Control your Mouth and you will control a lot of things.

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by money121(m): 4:30am On Dec 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos by IPDGP: 4:30am On Dec 17, 2023
You can cry as long as you want, who send your papa.
Last last we go drive you comot for lagos if u try the rubbish u did in the last election

43 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NESREA Seizes Lion Cub, Arrests 2 Illegal Wildlife Traders In Abuja / Transition: Tinubu’s Team To Join Federal Gov’t Delegation To World Bank Meeting / North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.