Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap (46424 Views)

Supreme Court Yet To Take Decision On Naira Swap Policy - Ozekhome / Tinubu Hails Nigerian Governors Over Supreme Court Ruling On CBN Naira Swap / Why CBN Shouldn’t Extend Naira Swap Deadline – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by LongwayGone2021: 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Okay
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by saintopus(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
At this stage of the naira redesign the problem is not about the extension of the timeline but the none availability of the new notes.

Because for now from my view over 80% of the old naira notes were already with the CBN

Except the president would ask the CBN governor to open the vault and bring out the old naira back in circulation.

I don't see that happening, so the way forward is the rapid printing of the new notes as well as rapid circulation.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by uncleck: 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ok
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Indispensable85(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Why are you repeating what everyone already knows? I was searching for something new. It's a useless write up.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by sofeo(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Alright!
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Parachoko: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:
For those celebrating carelessly, the judgement is not what you think

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/new-naira-things-to-know-about-supreme-court-judgement/%3famp
So what are you crying about?

No one said the Supreme have giving a final judgement on the issue

1 Like

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by AtikuOkowa: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
tradepunter:
Rubbish
It is now rubish?
It buys more time.
Meaning,it will just a week from Election,this is also bad to vote buyers
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Jubrilv(m): 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
AT LAST cool cool
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Skyehigher1: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
I will soon reach front page here
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Jnrprince1(m): 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
Who cares about Feb10 Awon werey
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by hotplate: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
w
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Mitsurugi(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
The deadline won't change. Neither CBN or the commercial banks was joined as parties to this suit. The 3 state governments simply took advantage of the fact that in matters purely between the state and the FG the supreme court can serve as a court of first and only instance. Joining CBN in the matter would immediately rob the supreme court of jurisdiction. Sadly, the attorney general cannot issue a binding order on the CBN governor, the CBN act didn't contemplate such and the interim order is simply an academic attempt at grandstanding. They're indeed forces determined to derail the forthcoming elections and trigger social unrest. If your ATM card is working go to any large supermarket and stock up. The next 3 weeks are exciting times to come. I forgot to add that only CBN is empowered by law to determine what is termed legal tender. As for this set of JSCs, they've taken judicial rascality to the high heavens. One day soon we will put the searchlight on how supreme these odoriferous judges have become.

I got the this from a lawyer's forum I belong to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by davit: 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
This is like postponing the day of evil

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by hotplate: 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
The deadline must remain
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by abraham324: 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
I no agree wit d judgment, dis one na backyard judgment, come to think of it, why is it that is only d APC govt went? Coz there aim of vote buying will be actualize, may God help us.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by SALVATION30(m): 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Join our community to learn more https:///akinscoding

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Ogbuefi2020: 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Mitsurugi:
The deadline won't change. Neither CBN or the commercial banks was joined as parties to this suit. The 3 state governments simply took advantage of the fact that in matters purely between the state and the FG the supreme court can serve as a court of first and only instance. Joining CBN in the matter would immediately rob the supreme court of jurisdiction. Sadly, the attorney general cannot issue a binding order on the CBN governor, the CBN act didn't contemplate such and the interim order is simply an academic attempt at grandstanding. They're indeed forces determined to derail the forthcoming elections and trigger social unrest. If your ATM card is working go to any large supermarket and stock up. The next 3 weeks are exciting times to come. I forgot to add that only CBN is empowered by law to determine what is termed legal tender. As for this set of JSCs, they've taken judicial rascality to the high heavens. One day soon we will put the searchlight on how supreme these odoriferous judges have become.

I got the this from a lawyer's forum I belong to.
I pity those taking Tinubu and El Rufai seriously

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Sleekfingers: 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
I believe these words were coined for Nigeria ( extension and suspension)
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Siwisheswereesh: 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
The governors will still win the substantive suit.

Piiggiiddioootts amaka cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Ogbuefi2020: 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:
Wether 10th or 15th, the naira swap is already watery. Thanks to Tinubu for standing firm.
No hope for vote buyers but you can continue consoling yourself
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Ogbuefi2020: 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
The governors will still win the substantive suit.

Piiggiiddioootts amaka cheesy
Governors will win the presidency? Urchins sef.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Mccullum: 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jagaban all the way.. senior politician..
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Tareq1105: 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
opalu:
Use.less Political Justices
Their evil judgement given to Lawan is still a pain on the conscience of the Nation

It's Lawan that's your headache bcoz of hatred when the judgement is the same with Sen. Adamu Aliero in kebbi state but hypocrisy would not allow you to condemn that.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by edungene7: 5:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
If this is the price we have to pay to get it right so be it we can't continue in this trajectory even Buhari knows that this politicians are greedy and hopeless Hw can some useless elements see governance as a business venture we will revisit this after election for now no to vote buying
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Ogbuefi2020: 5:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
saintopus:
At this stage of the naira redesign the problem is not about the extension of the timeline but the none availability of the new notes.

Because for now from my view over 80% of the old naira notes were already with the CBN

Except the president would ask the CBN governor to open the vault and bring out the old naira back in circulation.

I don't see that happening, so the way forward is the rapid printing of the new notes as well as rapid circulation.
No rapid circulation till after elections. You better get prepared. Don't let urchins deceive you. Buhari is determined to stop vote buying
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Siwisheswereesh: 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

Governors will win the presidency? Urchins sef.

Na today APC primaries, Land Use Act, Excess Crude Account etc etc

Piiggiiddioootts are forgetful dulllaardds cheesy

Piggiiddiootts amaka cheesy
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Caveatemptor(m): 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
The scarcity of currency and petrol are carefully staged and programmed strategies to postpone the general elections in Nigeria. They are working from the answer back to the question/problem.
It is all a convulted situation.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Irupetepete: 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
Wuruwuru country...
And the toughness continues...
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by taneez(f): 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
This extension will make things worse.

If we stuck to the deadline of 31st, things won't be this bad. What is the difference between 10 & 15.

People are not depositing old naira. It is the none availability of new notes that is the issue.

I went to GTB here in Lagos today and they said no withdrawal over the counter and the ATM was not dispensing. If people had access to 5000 naira daily or even 3 times a week, there will be no noise.

Small cash is used for transportation and buying food and toiletries. every other thing can be transferred.

The more we push the deadline, the more suffering continues and POS operators cash out .

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Chisave: 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Any shift of the deadline without release of the new note will plunge people into more hardship.

We rejoiced last wekk when it was shifted only for this week's hardship to be more.

CBN will not return any old currency it has retrieved. People are careful of spending the new currency they have.

No one is depositing any money now. Bank solely rely on CBN supplies.

If they extend it, they cannot force CBN to push out new notes. I believe CBN is waiting to push the new notes out after the deadline.

That is my line of thought, I may be wrong

Let's hope for the best.
As much as you can do most of your payment through online transactions and leave the cash for highly essential items that demands cash

1 Like

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Patolucid: 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Let's watch and see.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Juanmike(m): 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:
Whether 10th or 15th, the naira swap is already watery. Thanks to Tinubu for standing firm.
Watery like you excreta

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Raids The Residence Of George Turnah, Goodluck Jonathan's Godson (Pics) / Oyinbo Woman Storms Lagos To Help Sanwo-Olu Win Lagos Election / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.