Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap (46423 Views)

Supreme Court Yet To Take Decision On Naira Swap Policy - Ozekhome / Tinubu Hails Nigerian Governors Over Supreme Court Ruling On CBN Naira Swap / Why CBN Shouldn’t Extend Naira Swap Deadline – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by seglabsy(m): 5:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

Governors will win the presidency? Urchins sef.
read well now,he said they will win the case at SC

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Sermwell(m): 5:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
Afamed:
Go to ATM GALLERIES ZENITH/ GTB/ FIRST BANK/ ACCESS/UBA AT bank road at NNEWI AND TELL YOUR NDI ANAMBRA ALL YOU WROTE.

Sincerely ask yourself, if this is the first time , Nigeria will be re -designing her currency ?

Why the uproar now? if not for LP/ PDP political gain
They have been on the queue since 7am.

Go to Agulu, where the only bank there UBA, Obi himself will need to drive close to 14mints before he can get to only UBA close to him
Was this naira policy made by LP or PDP government? grin
Sense must location you this month!
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Lucasinho(m): 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
3 things OP needs to knw
1- Nigerians are suffering
2- Nigerians are dying
3- Nigerians will vote on 23rd

I hope this time around you will be voting for a better candidate?
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Backpedal: 5:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
histemple:

Whereas your desire to educate the general public is commendable, your choice of words "carelessly" is very offensive.
But he is right nonetheless
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by rickleye: 5:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
All I know is that the January 31st was evil
The February 10 deadline ( still waiting for Buhari to sit infront a TV and address the nation on Fuel scarcity and Naira Deadline) Didnt he promise he would solve the Issue in 7 days ?
Extend 3 months.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by BJanta: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Absolutely NOTHING to know or note.
No matter how temporary the injunction
may be, it has put a halt on the mad
rush to end the exercise by adding, by default, five days to the deadline. This is interpretation of constitutional provisions and not an appealed judgment. Therefore the court process can neitherr be rushed nor sped up. Also, the Supreme Court is not under any legal procedural pressure to accelerate the court process. It's those whose ulterior motive is to use the currency swap to prevent vote buying during the election that have their dreams shattered, as this is not the issue at stake, but the propriety or otherwise of the implementation of the policy . So, I don't expect the legal wrangling to take less than a 8 days. Add 8 to 15th date given by the court, you have 23 days. And the deadline shall still be extended, because that's what the constitution says.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Egoveen: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:
Whether 10th or 15th, the naira swap is already watery. Thanks to Tinubu for standing firm.
BIGOTRY has finished you.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by sparko1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
saintopus:
At this stage of the naira redesign the problem is not about the extension of the timeline but the none availability of the new notes.

Because for now from my view over 80% of the old naira notes were already with the CBN

Except the president would ask the CBN governor to open the vault and bring out the old naira back in circulation.

I don't see that happening, so the way forward is the rapid printing of the new notes as well as rapid circulation.

You are wrong, if the old and the new were allowed to coexist for like 3 to 6 months, there won't be any reason to store new notes, and by then there would be enough new currency to go around.

The normal thing to do is, introduce the new currency, tell everyone to go and deposit at their convenience but most importantly, any old currency that goes into the bank should never be allowed out. Simply as ABC!

But when you introduce new currency, you put a deadline for the collection of old ones and you only make available less than 25% of the total money in circulation, and you then put a cap to the withdrawal limit, so if I have 50k old currency, and I need to buy stuff with it, if I keep it it won't be useful after a couple of days, if I take it to the bank, I can't get it back, I might not be able to get even 20% of what I want, things I want to buy, I can't buy, the woman I want to buy from won't sell, the economy remains stagnant.

I was at Airtel office yesterday, and I couldn't buy 15k data because, they will only take cash or if you do transfer you will have to come the next day and if they can't get your alert even if the transfer is successful, they won't sell you the data.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Mylove55(f): 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:
Whether 10th or 15th, the naira swap is already watery. Thanks to Tinubu for standing firm.
don't mind op,
I thought is better news
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Mylove55(f): 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Sermwell:

Was this naira policy made by LP or PDP government? grin
Sense must location you this month!
but obi and atiku are supporting the suffering cause by cbn
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Sermwell(m): 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Mylove55:
but obi and atiku are supporting the suffering cause by cbn
You left those who made the policy and blame those supporting it! Smh
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Nigerfine3: 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
ceejayluv:
I was disappointed though... I prefer the deadline still stands And let's get done with the whole drama. Postponing the deadline will embolden the currency racketeers to hoard it further or sell them to The highest bidders (politicians)....
I do not know how they don’t see it in this light. Keep dead line, every other things would align
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by OdefaGirl(f): 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Afamed:
Go to ATM GALLERIES ZENITH/ GTB/ FIRST BANK/ ACCESS/UBA AT bank road at NNEWI AND TELL YOUR NDI ANAMBRA ALL YOU WROTE.

Sincerely ask yourself, if this is the first time , Nigeria will be re -designing her currency ?

Go to Agulu, where the only bank there UBA, Obi himself will need to drive close to 14mints before he can get to only UBA close to him

Why do you always CRY..... Don't you have control?
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Mylove55(f): 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
Sermwell:

You left those who made the policy and blame those supporting it! Smh
buhari just want us to know those presidential candidate who never care about the masses,
Buhari never meant to do it,
You listen to Lai Mohammed when he said the opposition don't want buhari to redress the issue by running to high court to stop buhari from ameliorate the suffering of the masses
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by ennygr8: 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
It's unfortunate the legislative arm of government doesn't exist in this administration.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by faceland: 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

No rapid circulation till after elections. You better get prepared. Don't let urchins deceive you. Buhari is determined to stop vote buying

One las failed project by the incompetent Buhari... He was sitting at the APC Primaries while newspapers were literally publishing the price of delegates but he did nothing. The corruption that he have entertained would consume him.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by donproject2(m): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2023
ceejayluv:
I was disappointed though... I prefer the deadline still stands And let's get done with the whole drama. Postponing the deadline will embolden the currency racketeers to hoard it further or sell them to The highest bidders (politicians)....

You are the only one with sensible reply so far.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by sapele914(m): 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
3 things OP needs to knw
1- Nigerians are suffering
2- Nigerians are dying
3- Nigerians will vote on 23rd
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by ambale(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
The Supreme court just love to create more problems

I heard the past CJN complaining that more cases are at their door and making it difficult to have seamless court session

But foolishly they allow every kind of case even the ones they have nothing to say on

Monetary policies been discussed in the court or na human rights issues we go call this one

Politicians and their madness
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by JOemmy(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
When will the supreme court also rule for the nnpc to provide enough fuel for nigerians?
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lucasinho:

I hope this time around you will be voting for a better candidate?
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by writeprof(m): 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
They should just release money to Nigerians. It's not funny paying ₦1000 as POS charge to collect ₦5000. Something that used to be ₦100.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by 77up(m): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
Psalmistproject:
Mad country!

Vote for a sane candidate!

Vote Obi!
They are resuming back to calling Nigeria a Zoo,yet they want to rule, they can't even wait to have their 4th position.

Mad people everywhere 🙄
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by GhostMan15: 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Obi Dey claim saint moriss
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by IMMUNO1(m): 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Only thieves and those that wants to buy people's future during these elections are opposed to the new Naira swap. They colluded with currupt bank officials to hoard the new Naira and came out to cry wolves. Have you asked yourself where Jaiz bank gets all the new Naira they have been paying people from? They tricked Buhari into extending the deadline to 10th February so they can come up with this rubbish. All enemies of the people must fail. May you be cursed if you ever vote for any candidate during this election because of money.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
Afamed:

you sound so empty... kaii.. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by spiralwedge(m): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2023
Mark this post,

The Op will hug transformer by month-end when Tinubu will be declared winner
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by toneroforever(m): 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
post=120739581:

A good for the Masses.
Good one for the sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.
Shame to the evil and senseless terrorists and criminals supporters that want to put our country in chaos.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Tinubu is fighting against the naira redesign just to enable him buy votes. He can only deceive the gullible & his urchins.
When ASUU was on strike for about 8 months,why did he & his APC governors/stooges not sue the FG if he loves the masses like he pretends. When Fulani herdsmen were killing all over the country, all he could ask was[b] "where are the cows?[/b]. The mumu never criticized the Fed Govt when Nigerians where suffering as a result of the high exchange rate, rather he said salaries are not paid in dollars.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by nkpommpko(m): 1:56am On Feb 09, 2023
Noah's ark: even if you give this corrupt Nigerians 10 years they won't enter the ark.
Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by cuteboy2: 4:12am On Feb 09, 2023
So Peter Obi is now the CBN governor who re-designed Naira. Or perhaps, Godwin Emefiele and Buhari are now answerable to Peter Obi.

Peter Obi is now giving some people nightmares. Even rainfall is now attributed to him. The man is now larger than life.

Either way, this Is quite commendable for man was being mocked as having no "structure".

Afamed:

Re: 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap by Owologbo(m): 4:39am On Feb 09, 2023
Afamed:

People (mostly the urban dwellers? are just over reacting . I don't have ATM card and I don't carry much cash.
If all these noice are from the rural area and from the old ones I'll understand.
Almost every young and Android phone owner with a bank account should have his/her bank app.
Even those that sell catfish at the market accept transfer.
I don't understand why the Young ones with Android phone should be stressing themselves over cashless policy at this age when some of us have already gone cashless long time before now

Oyinbo Woman Storms Lagos To Help Sanwo-Olu Win Lagos Election / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) / Ben Murray-Bruce Celebrates Dickson's Victory (Photos)