Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) (45851 Views)

Download : Sam Smith Ft Burna Boy My Oasis / Download Mp3: Sam Smith – To Die For / Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Holiness2100: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-EpvI6vXl4
Grammy go full Satan': Viewers slam Sam Smith over 'demonic' Grammys performance as singer dons devil headgear on fiery stage

Grammy viewers slammed Sam Smith and Kim Petras over their 'satanic' performance of their award-winning single, Unholy, on Sunday night.

The pair took to the stage shortly after making history with their win in the Best Pop Duo/Group performance, however the performance drew mixed reactions from onlookers.

After Smith - who is non-binary and uses gender neutral pronouns - was seen wearing satanic headgear in the horror movie-inspired performance, viewers flocked to social media to share their frustrations about the 'demonic' themes.

One tweeted: 'I know we on the right probably use the word satanic too often but this performance from Sam Smith is literally a tribute to Satan.'

Another added: 'You don't have to be super religious to be disturbed by that Sam Smith devil-worshiping performance.'

One viewer stated: 'That Sam Smith performance was weird I had to look away like why artists so obsessed with the devil?

'How you go from those tributes to Sam Smith dressed as a devil?', one viewer asked while another tweeted: 'That devil worshipping performance was trash. And it's been done so many times. I'm disappointed af.'

One frustrated music fan added: 'I’m really so sick of the satanic and demonic references…even with the hypocrisy — I still wanna know WHY Nicki, Sam Smith, Lil Nas X, and so many others reference the devil.' 

Another agreed as they stated: 'So many devil horns tonight, first Sam SMITH, now Steve Lacy. Like why the satanic s**t?' 

After the performance, host Trevor Noah immediately joked about the fact the satanic themes would outrage some viewers.

Pretending to be on the phone to his mother, he was heard saying: ' No, mom, it wasn’t the actual devil... Yeah, you did warn me about Hollywood'

As stars such as Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck laughed along, he 'ended' the call and stated: 'She said she's praying for all of us'. 

Earlier in the night, Petras made history as the first transgender woman to win the Grammy for Best Pop/Group performance.

The German singer revealed in her speech that Smith, 30, chose to let her accept the trophy in honor of the fact she had made history with the win.

During the emotional speech, the 30-year-old thanked pop music icon and LGBTQ+ advocate Madonna, and paid tribute to the late artist SOPHIE for inspiring her.

'I’m the first transgender woman to win this award,' she began. 'I want to thank all the incredible transgender legends before me who kicked these doors open.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11717183/Grammy-awards-2023-Viewers-slam-Sam-Smith-Kim-Petras-demonic-Unholy-performance.html

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Holiness2100: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by gaby(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
Dem for arrange fiery furnace for them to dey burn inside too na, abi no be so dem say hellfire be where demon be the commander in chief?
Very incomplete performance.

101 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Righteousness2(m): 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
Pure satanic and Demonic Enterprise.

There is a Fierce Battle for the souls of Humanity.

Lucifer , the god of this world who was lead singer in Heaven before his fall, knows and Understands the Power of Music, and is using it to Deceive and gather souls to Hell. HE is succeeded in getting young men and women to mortaged their souls in the name of fame.

Knowing the shortness of the time, he is going all out with his ambassadors to deceive and harvest souls for Hell.

Refuse to be entangled in trap of the devil.
There is no more time! The signs are all over the places! We are living in the last secs of the grace dispensation.
JESUS CHRIST IS COMING!!

159 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by WiszyFraud: 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
This is totally just for the fun.

It doesn’t mean anything.

See how the regional pastor above me don dey drag the whole thing like tiger generator
lipsrsealed

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by itsRhamzy: 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
I don't give AF if he gives unholy vibes but Sam Smith is one of the gifted singers of this generation.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by FalseProphet1(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
The powers that be have handed over this world to the devil, know this and have peace.

This I have seen.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by hopefulLandlord: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
Righteousness2:
Pure satanic and Demonic Enterprise.

There is a Fierce Battle for the souls of Humanity.

Lucifer , the god of this world who was lead singer in Heaven before his fall, knows and Understands the Power of Music, and is using it to Deceive and gather souls to Hell. HE is succeeded in getting young men and women to mortaged their souls in the name of fame.

Knowing the shortness of the time, he is going all out with his ambassadors to deceive and harvest souls for Hell.

Refuse to be entangled in trap of the devil.
There is no more time! The signs are all over the places! We are living in the last secs of the grace dispensation.
JESUS CHRIST IS COMING!!
Christians acting like Yahweh and Satan are enemies don't read their bible

Satan and Yahweh are bestest buddies. The Book of Job has Satan having a pleasant chat with Yahweh, during which they make a bet involving killing people and screwing one guy over. there's no animosity between Yahweh and Satan in the least. They get along just fine.

Moreover, what we learned from the book of Job is that Satan can't do anything without God's explicit permission - God keeps him on a very short leash.

According to the accounts of why David did a census in Samuel and Chronicles, Satan and Yahweh are beyond best buddies. If the angel of the Lord is the Holy Ghost, then Satan is a part of godhead that must be a quadrants, at least.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Lumig: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
undecided
Many are possessed of the devil and cunningly doing the biddings of their master to lure millions through entertainment and showbiz into eternal damnation.
Christians be vigilant and watchful

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Tboy222: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
It is done

1 Like

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Gangster1ms: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Grammy itself is a demonic award

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Holiness2100:
After Smith - who is non-binary and uses gender neutral pronouns - was seen wearing satanic headgear in the horror movie-inspired performance, viewers flocked to social media to share their frustrations about the 'demonic' themes.
One tweeted: 'I know we on the right probably use the word satanic too often but this performance from Sam Smith is literally a tribute to Satan.'
Another added: 'You don't have to be super religious to be disturbed by that Sam Smith devil-worshiping performance.'
One viewer stated: 'That Sam Smith performance was weird I had to look away like why artists so obsessed with the devil?
'How you go from those tributes to Sam Smith dressed as a devil?', one viewer asked while another tweeted: 'That devil worshipping performance was trash. And it's been done so many times. I'm disappointed af.'
One frustrated music fan added: 'I’m really so sick of the satanic and demonic references…even with the hypocrisy — I still wanna know WHY Nicki, Sam Smith, Lil Nas X, and so many others reference the devil.'
Another agreed as they stated: 'So many devil horns tonight, first Sam SMITH, now Steve Lacy. Like why the satanic s**t?'
People too dey like complain abeg! undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
The evidence is glaring and these people aren't hiding it anymore.

Lil Nas X did a music video worshipping the devil. Now this one does a video paying tribute to satan... But if it's something about Jesus or God almighty, they will block and pixelate it so that people will not know about God.

We are in the end times. May GOD have mercy on our generation. These satanists are the ones controlling the media! The organizers of the Grammys too are all satanists.

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by RPG2020(m): 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
What is Nigeria own inside this matter cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Nawttiboi007(m): 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by sammysmiles(m): 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
People don't even know that it's the demonic Pfizer company that sponsored the Grammy awards and that satanic video.... I jxt pity the people who sat down to watch that nonsense... Afterall the song is titled 'Unholy', so there's no cause for wondering.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Belteshazzar1: 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
When u hear me say wahlaiyi talaiyi u know sey na lie i lie....
Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by IntroTech: 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
The gay lord is fishing for more converts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Patolucid: 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Na wa o
Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by seanwilliam(m): 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Iluminati

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Geovanni412(m): 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
No one should celebrate an artiste winning a Grammy award...

Because it is quite likely that the artiste has literally sold their soul to the devil.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by AFRICANJAMAICA: 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Sultty(m): 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Their life, their problems

1 Like

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Prophet Righteousness2, as you no see wetin to use preach your message of doom for three days now, you just had to dig up something from the Grammy night abi... grin?

You dey hustle pass Tinubu urchins for this platform sha.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by worksmart(m): 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
k
Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by Rockyrascal(m): 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
To much satanism in pop culture and that Sam Smith Grammy performance was intentional and the Grammys is very well a rep. Only a foolish and ignorant person would be so blind to see the signs because of woke culture.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Viewers Slam Sam Smith Over 'demonic' Grammys Performance ( Pics) by worksmart(m): 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In July 2018 / RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. / Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.