Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign (26731 Views)

Malami Asks US To Extradite Azuka Jebose For Defaming Ned Nwoko / Malami Asks Court For More Time To File Processes In Kanu’s Suit / Malami Asks Makinde To Dissolve LG Caretaker Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Chekwume16(m): 7:26am On Feb 09, 2023
How do you guys understand this law sef. The filing was done before the ruling. 15th is the due set for any objection. Its as simple as abc. Its just an injunction which may be vacated later but not before 15th
iswallker:

Who is everyone - se na Bihari be everyone

grin grin

Bros stop receiving yourself - he doesn't have the intention of abiding that is why Miami filed a case challenging the supreme court jurisdiction as early as wedsday

Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Emekus999(m): 7:27am On Feb 09, 2023
Very interesting, APC government fighting themselves.. A house divided by itself can't stand. They are not into power yet, they've started dishing out instructions... Cabals only cares abt themselves. Nigerians, pls be wise
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by NEUDUDE: 7:27am On Feb 09, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

An adjournment is sure to happen...far beyond the elections... tongue grin

Piiggiiddiiootts amaka cheesy

Coming from somebody who locked kanu and throway key after courts declared his release.

He be like you know know buhari, dey play

Im beginning to see why he was removed before. If hes hell bent on not getting tinubu to rule. Nothing bala blu can do about it. O sha ma lule

No wonder tinubu is wailing up and down, looking for protest as plan B lol
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Biodun556(m): 7:28am On Feb 09, 2023
backtovillage:
Wetin dey happen for this country I no understand. The masses are suffering from this power tussle

Some people are saying it's because of vote buying but the obvious issue is the Fulani and north don't want to leave power

2 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Ken4Christ: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2023
Amayabor1:

You don't need the supreme court to interprete anything for you. The suit was between the Governors of Kogi, Kaduna and zamfara and the Federal government. The CBN wasn't a party to the suit and so the judgement is not binding on CBN. A judgement can't be binding on you when you weren't part of the suit. This one is common sense!

The essence of the new notes is already defeated. The money is already in the hands of the those they do not want it to get to. The masses are the ones suffering. Nothing works under a corrupt environment. We should be calling rather for the sack of the CBN Governor for gross incompetence. Is this the first time naira notes are redesigned?

Besides, he didn't even redesign it. He just changed colour and incur a cost of 800 billion for incompetence. We should please reason with our brains before making comments.
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Buksaylor: 7:31am On Feb 09, 2023
vicdom:

The only ruling here is an experte order of interim injunction, the substance would be determined on the 15th, I will quote when the court sends this case to the dustbin. I pray the case is heared and determined on the same day, because I'm afraid, SC might want to reserve the ruling for another day after hearing it on the 15th.

Na Malami and Buhari go obey am?
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by baralatie(m): 7:33am On Feb 09, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
Are you for real....The supreme court has jurisdiction on dispute between states and the federal government on the interpretation of the law. On this, the argument is that the CBN is legally bound to at all times accept every legal tender it issues. At all times.
On the 15th the supreme court will explain it better
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by orisa37: 7:34am On Feb 09, 2023
naira-swap-agf-asks-supreme-court-to-dismiss-state-governments-suit-challenging-cbns-policy.

SUPPORTED.
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by HardMirror(m): 7:37am On Feb 09, 2023
Jflex07:
Let the game continue. Agbado urrchins go cry blood. Very useless things.. Let their god tinubu contest without buying votes,if he knows he is the Jagaban.
when will you get sense? Nigerians complaining dont give a f.uck about tinubu they are only concerned about the hardship they are facing.
It is politicians that know the game they are playing. The masses are feeling the heat everywhere.
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by orisa37: 7:37am On Feb 09, 2023
Governors are playing with FIRE.
And OKORO IS ADDING PETROL.
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Amayabor1: 7:39am On Feb 09, 2023
Ken4Christ:

The essence of the new notes is already defeated. The money is already in the hands of the those they do not want it to get to. The masses are the ones suffering. Nothing works under a corrupt environment. We should be calling rather for the sack of the CBN Governor for gross incompetence. Is this the first time naira notes are redesigned?

Besides, he didn't even redesign it. He just changed colour and incur a cost of 800 billion for incompetence. We should please reason with our brains before making comments.

This is what happens when someone argues without having a knowledge of what he is arguing about. Who is talking about whether this was the right time to change the naira or not?

My argument is that the CBN is not duty bound to obey the Supreme court order as it was never a party to the lawsuit. Also, the matter was a case between the Governors of kogi, kano and zamfara and the Federal govt and as such, it was wrong for the supreme court to entertain the case. I am talking about Legal matters here, you are talking another thing.

Whether you think the essense of the new notes has already been defeated is not the point here. Whether you think Emefiele didn't redesign the naira but just changed the color is not what we are discussing here. We are discussing the legality of the supreme court judgement.

dey try read and understand before commenting so it doesn't appear as if you get comprehension problem.

3 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by byteem: 7:45am On Feb 09, 2023
Penguin2:
Everything I said in my post reechoed here.

Supreme Court has no jurisdiction over this case. If the plaintiffs were serious, they know that the right place to institute the case is at the High Court.

What the lawyers of Kaduna, Kogi and Zamfara have done is abuse of court process.

Garfield1
Afamed

The order by SC is dead on arrival and not binding on CBN.. The CBN is the entity implementing the redesign policy.. not FG.. while FG can go ahead with its bid to throw it out of supreme court CBN can continue implementation of its policy ..as there is no injunction against it..

1 Like

Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by byteem: 7:46am On Feb 09, 2023
Amayabor1:

This is what happens when someone argues without having a knowledge of what he is arguing about. Who is talking about whether this was the right time to change the naira or not?

My argument is that the CBN is not duty bound to obey the Supreme court order as it was never a party to the lawsuit. Also, the matter was a case between the Governors of kogi, kano and zamfara and the Federal govt and as such, it was wrong for the supreme court to entertain the case. I am talking about Legal matters here, you are talking another thing.

Whether you think the essense of the new notes has already been defeated is not the point here. Whether you think Emefiele didn't redesign the naira but just changed the color is not what we are discussing here. We are discussing the legality of the supreme court judgement.

dey try read and understand before commenting so it doesn't appear as if you get comprehension problem.

You dey mind them.. ignorance is a disease
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Opintiwa: 7:53am On Feb 09, 2023
Goodlady:

It's not about voting out cocaine. It's about the masses. You really sound pathetic as you are quoting seunmsg all the time like a dog harassing someone with food. Get a life!

But I am not your father na
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Gandrova: 7:55am On Feb 09, 2023
A beast in human form.
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Ken4Christ: 7:56am On Feb 09, 2023
Amayabor1:

I clearly understood you. But your comment unveils that you lack empathy. I am not a lawyer but the majority of well meaning Nigerians should not permit one incompetent CBN governor to add to the sufferings of Nigerians.

The whole process should stop. It is useless and meaningless. Those you are preventing from having the money are the ones having it. So, of what use is it. That date cannot stand. It does not affect me but I feel for millions of Nigerians that are going through hard times because of this mismanaged policy.

We all should be calling for the sack of the CBN Governor rather than hailing the policy.

He should tell us how just changing the colour would cost 800 billion naira.
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Goodlady(f): 7:56am On Feb 09, 2023
Opintiwa:

But I am not your father na
Do I know you?
Have we met before?
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Opintiwa: 8:02am On Feb 09, 2023
Goodlady:

Do I know you?
Have we met before?

Do I look like your father or you just need a father?
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by seunmsg(m): 8:02am On Feb 09, 2023
Buddha3:

Lol.

Your reasoning can sometimes be infuriating. Even more so, because you're perceived by some of us to be intelligent, even when we stand on opposing political divides. The old notes will cease to be legal tender by February 10th, because the Supreme Court order is as of this moment, non-binding. That you're seeking to twist the situation of things just to get an extra five days atop the stipulated deadline, portrays you from a mischievous standpoint.

How exactly is the Supreme Court order non-binding? Who gave you that legal opinion?

2 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Opintiwa: 8:03am On Feb 09, 2023
seunmsg:

How exactly is the Supreme Court order non-binding? Why gave you that legal opinion?

Wailer
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:03am On Feb 09, 2023
seunmsg:

Don’t vote for Ipob terrorist and religious bigot.

Gbam
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by backtovillage: 8:04am On Feb 09, 2023
Biodun556:

Some people are saying it's because of vote buying but the obvious issue is the Fulani and north don't to leave power
So obvious
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by kcnwaigbo: 8:06am On Feb 09, 2023
Ken4Christ:

I clearly understood you. But your comment unveils that you lack empathy. I am not a lawyer but the majority of well meaning Nigerians should not permit one incompetent CBN governor to add to the sufferings of Nigerians.

The whole process should stop. It is useless and meaningless. Those you are preventing from having the money are the ones having it. So, of what use is it. That date cannot stand. It does not affect me but I feel for millions of Nigerians that are going through hard times because of this mismanaged policy.

We all should be calling for the sack of the CBN Governor rather than hailing the policy.

Dream on!! We will gladly suffer for 3 weeks if that is all it takes to avert another 8 years of misery

1 Like

Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by 2tpick: 8:10am On Feb 09, 2023
The cabals are starting to.emerge from the shadows
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Goodlady(f): 8:13am On Feb 09, 2023
Opintiwa:

Do I look like your father or you just need a father?
Waka pass
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Opintiwa: 8:16am On Feb 09, 2023
Goodlady:

Waka pass

You don see your papa ?
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Okwyjesus(m): 8:17am On Feb 09, 2023
Penguin2:
Everything I said in my post reechoed here.

Supreme Court has no jurisdiction over this case. If the plaintiffs were serious, they know that the right place to institute the case is at the High Court.

What the lawyers of Kaduna, Kogi and Zamfara have done is abuse of court process.

Garfield1
Afamed

They know they can't beat the rigging time if they start from High Court
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Amayabor1: 8:21am On Feb 09, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Are you wiser and more empathatic than those Nigerians who supports the policy and says it will curb vote buying?

The politicians you claim are the ones having it, how much of it do they have even if we agree they have it?? You want to compare a situation where one politician who had over 50 billion naira of old naira notes now has only about 100 million naira of new notes? With 100 million naira of new notes, he can still buy votes, but to a lesser degree than if he had his 50 billion naira old notes.

Personally, if this policy will reduce (reduce, not eliminate) vote buying, I am 100% in support of it.

2 Likes

Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by Dedeity: 8:29am On Feb 09, 2023
seunmsg:

Don’t vote for Ipob terrorist and religious bigot.
You have no iota of shame. A youth with functional brain supporting a brain dead drug baron to rule over him shows the whites were never wrong branding you black people animals
Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by OfficialAPCNig: 8:51am On Feb 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Aren't the judiciary tasked with interpretation of the law

So it is hard to argue that the Supreme court has no jurisdiction over hearing a case that deals with the disputed interpretation of the law amongst the different branches of the Executive arm of government.

The Governors challenge the central bank that it has wrongly interpreted the law over the deadline set to stop the old Naira note as a legal tender, while the central bank in its opinion believe it has not wrongly interpreted the law.

It's only logical that the judiciary step in to rightfully interprete the law after hearing both sides of the argument.

The policy of introducing new naira note is very different from the Argument above.
Stop arguing like a blind BAT

CBN is a constitutionally recognized entity independent of the FG and the only body mandated by law to determine what is a legal tender in Nigeria.

So CBN should be a party to this suit.

You can't sue the FG at the SC to order an agency that is independent from the FG to reverse it's policy.

It's like going to SC to order the FG to order INEC to shift the election.

If you are having issues with the CBN, sue the FG and join the FG in the case. The funny thing is if the SC over stretches it's hand on Feb 15th, the presidency can override them with just one Executive Order.

As far as the president, CBN and Attorney general support this naira swap, going to SC is waste of time.

If APC are serious, they should go to the FHC.

Left for me, I'll advise the FG and CBN to abide by this latest CBN injunction and wait till Feb 15th.

1 Like

Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by OfficialAPCNig: 9:03am On Feb 09, 2023
seunmsg:
The court will hear the case on 15th February and adjourn for response of the prosecution to the submission of the respondent till February ending. Finally, judgement will be entered March ending. By then, even the CBN will no longer be interested in the Naira redesign as the political gain they intend to achieve would have been defeated. For now, old and new notes remains legal tender till February 15th.
One Executive order will quash everything. Also, CBN are independent and can't be ordered around by the FG.

All CBN needs to do is to invoke their independence.

The case will be thrown out Feb 15th. Have you heard about fair hearing before. Since CBN is the only body in charge of monetary policy, you must join them in all suits related to MP.

In case you don't know, FG has no say in Nigeria MP, the FG through the Finance ministry is in charge of the FISCAL POLICY.

MP and FP are the only two economic stabilization tools.

1 Like

Re: Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign by OfficialAPCNig: 9:05am On Feb 09, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

An adjournment is sure to happen...far beyond the elections... tongue grin

Piiggiiddiiootts amaka cheesy

One Executive Order will quash the whole thing. You will now have to go to court to challenge that EO

😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari / Lagos Assembly Seeks Suspension Of Oil Exploration / Pictures Of Dogara Voting In The Bauchi South Senatorial Bye-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.