Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This (3370 Views)

I Shouldn't Witness 2024 If Obi Wins Election - Northerner / Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit / Peter Obi Wins Labour Party Presidential Primary As Pat Utomi Steps Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Bede2u(m): 5:06am On Feb 09, 2023
First of all I want to state that voting Peter Obi has nothing to do with tribe but taking back Nigeria from the establishment.

Having said that, if Peter Obi wins the South south as most polls project, then it means that despite the nairaland noise from the 'we the south south' miscreants here, the Niger Delta ordinary folks are aligned with the Igbos.

This would be the second time an Igbo man will be a strong contender together with a yoruba man. They will have the choice for the second time of choosing between WaZoBia. If they choose Bia then the yorubas will now know that as far as the southern region is concerned in the 21st century, they are the ones who need to align with the others. Because the other two regions are infact united.

The first time in 1979 when WaZoBia was on the Ballot, the Niger Delta chose Zo. They voted Shagari. I believe they may now know better (not saying that zik was better than shagari though) about southern alliance. A picture of the 1979 election results is also attached

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Bede2u(m): 5:21am On Feb 09, 2023
Also interesting is the the last time WaZoBia was on the Ballot with very strong regional candidates, the north won. Will Atiku win this one? Will history repeat itself?
I personally believe that it's better Atiku wins than Tinubu. Tinubu is a sectional leader and a criminal. Atiku may be a criminal too but he is not sectional. He can actually unite this country.
If fashola or osinbajo were Apc candidates, it would be hard to campaign against them but Tinubu? A terrible man to become president

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by tempest01(m): 5:26am On Feb 09, 2023
The SS has always aligned and will still align with the Igbos. We share a lot in common.

Then talk less of when we have the most competent person on the ticket.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:32am On Feb 09, 2023
Bede2u:
Also interesting is the the last time WaZoBia was on the Ballot with very strong regional candidates, the north won. Will Atiku win this one? Will history repeat itself?
I personally believe that it's better Atiku wins than Tinubu. Tinubu is a sectional leader and a criminal. Atiku may be a criminal too but he is not sectional. He can actually unite this country.
If fashola or osinbajo were Apc candidates, it would be hard to campaign against them but Tinubu? A terrible man to become president
North have two Zo as strong contenders Atiku and Kwankwaso, the northern political elites didn't manage the minorities in their religion which makeup great North well, the Fulani herdsmen has been killing them for more than seven years, they will send big massage to them in this election.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by psucc(m): 5:38am On Feb 09, 2023
Peter Obi will win the SS as well as he will do other region. Except for a few, whose stomach is larger than their future, Obi is a referendum of the youth against poor leadership.

It is time we take it back if we don't want our children to fight same battle.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Bede2u(m): 5:43am On Feb 09, 2023
post=120751372:

North have two Zo as strong contenders Atiku and Kwankwaso, the northern political elites didn't manage the minorities in their religion which makeup great North well, the Fulani herdsmen has been killing then for more tham seven years, they will send big massage to them in this election.
in 1979 they had 3 strong contenders. Infact shagari lost kano and Bornu and got less than 50% in kaduna but still won

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by TheChameleon: 5:58am On Feb 09, 2023
Bede2u:
if fashola or osinbajo were Apc candidates, it would be hard to campaign against them but Tinubu? A terrible man to become president

Igbo men with "anything but Yoruba" mentality because of envy and inferiority complex. grin

@ bolded. If Igbo had presented Soludo, a 1st Class instead of Peter Obi a 3rd Class Dullard... Yorubas would have voted Soludo 90%

By the way, Atiku will flog Peter Obi in SE and SS. You guys worship PDP as slave masters. You disgraced Ojukwu during Presidential and Senate elections because of money.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by TheChameleon: 5:58am On Feb 09, 2023
grin
Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by gidgiddy: 5:59am On Feb 09, 2023
Whenever you hear anyone say "we South South", that person is fraudster because nobody appointed him to speak for over 40 ethnic groups

Many of the tribes in the so called South South barely know one another, an Ijaw man man does not know who an Ejaham man is, an Ibibio man does not know who an Urhobo man is, a Bini man does not know who the Efik is, an Ogoni man does not know who the Itsekiri man is

So I laugh when I hear South South being used as a people, rather than a geographical expression. All these tribes operate differently and will vote in their own individual way

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Bede2u(m): 6:02am On Feb 09, 2023
TheChameleon:

Igbo men with "anything but Yoruba" mentality because of envy and inferiority complex. grin

@ bolded. If Igbo had presented Soludo, a 1st Class instead of Peter Obi a 3rd Class Dullard... Yorubas would have voted Soludo 90%

By the way, Atiku will flog Peter Obi in SE and SS. You guys worship PDP as slave masters. You disgraced Ojukwu during Presidential and Senate elections because of money.
Tinubu is not someone any reasonable Nigerian who has little exposure can support. Even yorubas abroad are not supporting him. Many yorubas in lagos are not supporting him either. I expect that majority of northerners won't be voting him. Its not tribe matter. Its just about profile

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by TheChameleon: 6:03am On Feb 09, 2023
Bede2u:
Tinubu is not someone any reasonable Nigerian who has little exposure can support. Even yorubas abroad are not supporting him. Many yorubas in lagos are not supporting him either. I expect that majority of northerners won't be voting him. Its not tribe matter. Its just about profile

February 25 isn't too far away...

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Bede2u(m): 6:06am On Feb 09, 2023
TheChameleon:

if tinubu wins...its not a big deal. Igbos will shrug it off as they have been doing. But if tinubu lose nko? Will agbado miscreants still be able to come online without shame?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Aufbauh(m): 6:09am On Feb 09, 2023
Very poor logic laced with inferiority complex & quest for validation by the Op.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by TheChameleon: 6:10am On Feb 09, 2023
Bede2u:
if tinubu wins...its not a big deal. Igbos will shrug it off as they have been doing. But if tinubu lose nko? Will agbado miscreants still be able to come online without shame?

Go and check. Igbos are the ones always lamenting. They mourned GEJs loss more than Ijaws.

Everyone else knows it's a game. Yorubas are smart enough to know the immediate benefits of Presidency goes to Tinubu himself.

But we support him because he's 100x times more competent than his closest rival, Atiku. Obi a failure as a Governor isn't even in the race.

Immediately Tinubu wins, we all know you guys will cry and start predicting his lifespan.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Bede2u(m): 6:17am On Feb 09, 2023
Aufbauh:
Very poor logic laced with inferiority complex & quest for validation by the Op.
insults. Nothing else. Just insults. SMH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:18am On Feb 09, 2023
TheChameleon:

Tinubu is going to lose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:21am On Feb 09, 2023
Bede2u:
in 1979 they had 3 strong contenders. Infact shagari lost kano and Bornu and got less than 50% in kaduna but still won
I have told you that minorities in the north will revolt through ballot box, 2023 is different from 1979, how will Atiku win election without Kano, Rivers and Lagos

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by JASONjnr(m): 6:25am On Feb 09, 2023
Bede2u:
When people try to bring back events of old to equate with the current events of things, I get extremely disappointed.,..

The events of 1979 and what Nigerians are facing today can never be compared to give the same results.

Also note that, before 2019, elections where fully under the control of the state governors, and today we have BVAs which will give the ordinary people to opportunity to have their votes counted, I stead of the usual ballot box snatching and massive riggings.

Also today, we have social media and mobile phones where videos of things can be easily recorded and uploaded to the world to see and pass it's judgement.

Peter Obi will win because the people choose him.

And this is a moment and not tribal sentiments... Many people want a change because Peter Obi is capable and competent and better fit than the rest two.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:26am On Feb 09, 2023
Aufbauh:
Edo which is the last state in Southsouth that share common boundary with West suppose to align with Tinubu but that's Obidient headquarter and you think those far will align with your drug lord grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by ybn1306: 6:31am On Feb 09, 2023
post=120751372:

North have two Zo as strong contenders Atiku and Kwankwaso, the northern political elites didn't manage the minorities in their religion which makeup great North well, the Fulani herdsmen has been killing them for more than seven years, they will send big massage to them in this election.

Kwankwaso is not a strong contender in the north. Only in Kano.

1 Like

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Aufbauh(m): 6:33am On Feb 09, 2023
post=120751949:

Edo which is the last state in Southsouth that share common boundary with West suppose to align with Tinubu but that's Obidient headquarter and you think those far will align with your drug lord grin

So geopolitical proximity should automatically translates to political alignment and realignment in your warp logic?

If it is by that then Benue and Enugu state should have being voting along same political interest since time immemorial.

You guys should just attend to ur trading business instead of dabbling into political analysis you barely have knowledge of.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by ybn1306: 6:34am On Feb 09, 2023
JASONjnr:
When people try to bring back events of old to equate with the current events of things, I get extremely disappointed.,..

The events of 1979 and what Nigerians are facing today can never be compared to give the same results.

Also note that, before 2019, elections where fully under the control of the state governors, and today we have BVAs which will give the ordinary people to opportunity to have their votes counted, I stead of the usual ballot box snatching and massive riggings.

Also today, we have social media and mobile phones where videos of things can be easily recorded and uploaded to the world to see and pass it's judgement.

Peter Obi will win because the people choose him.

And this is a moment and not tribal sentiments... Many people want a change because Peter Obi is capable and competent and better fit than the rest two.

How will LP win? You are in a dream world. Outside the elites in the major cities, LP is not known.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Bede2u(m): 6:36am On Feb 09, 2023
Aufbauh:

So geopolitical proximity should automatically translates to political alignment and realignment in your warp logic?

If it is by that then Benue and Enugu state should have being voting along same political interest since time immemorial.

You guys should just attend to ur trading business instead of dabbling into political analysis you barely have knowledge of.
I don't understand your problem. Are you saying Peter obi won't win SS or are you saying that even if he wins it doesn’t mean SS and SE are aligned? I clearly stated that 'if' Peter Obi wins. This means that I'm not sure if he will win or not. Throwing insults anyhow has become the hallmark of Tinubu supporters smh

6 Likes

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by JASONjnr(m): 6:37am On Feb 09, 2023
ybn1306:

How will LP win? You are in a dream world. Outside the elites in the major cities, LP is not known.

Tell me about your findings... How LP isn't known elsewhere except in the major cities.

1 Like

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Simplythebest: 6:37am On Feb 09, 2023
I pity my country Nigeria just imagine Atiku winning and looking at the ministers people like Dino. Nigeria is gone well thank God japa is still available

1 Like

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:38am On Feb 09, 2023
ybn1306:

Kwankwaso is not a strong contender in the north. Only in Kano.
Reality remains that Kwankwaso will win Kano and mop up many votes from Atiku in many northern states and others only an ignorant mind will rule out Kwankwaso, Atiku will be the happiest man on earth now if Kwankwaso step down and endorse him

3 Likes

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Emmanuella00(f): 6:41am On Feb 09, 2023
Peter Obi has been quelling the anger on the faces of Nigerians, if not for him the country would have gone haywire. A new country is sure with Peter Obi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:42am On Feb 09, 2023
Bede2u:
I don't understand your problem. Are you saying Peter obi won't win SS or are you saying that even if he wins it doesn’t mean SS and SE are aligned? I clearly stated that 'if' Peter Obi wins. This means that I'm not sure if he will win or not. Throwing insults anyhow has become the hallmark of Tinubu supporters smh
That's one major problem with Tinubu supporters senseless Yoruba Muslim with bigot minds, they will be the first to throw insult when you respond they tag it ethic onslaught

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Bede2u(m): 6:42am On Feb 09, 2023
ybn1306:

just say you don't know LP in ogbomosho. But don't coming and be saying what we don't know here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Bioko2: 6:46am On Feb 09, 2023
Bede2u:
First of all I want to state that voting Peter Obi has nothing to do with tribe but taking back Nigeria from the establishment.

Having said that, if Peter Obi wins the South south as most polls project, then it means that despite the nairaland noise from the 'we the south south' miscreants here, the Niger Delta ordinary folks are aligned with the Igbos.

This would be the second time an Igbo man will be a strong contender together with a yoruba man. They will have the choice for the second time of choosing between WaZoBia. If they choose Bia then the yorubas will now know that as far as the southern region is concerned in the 21st century, they are the ones who need to align with the others. Because the other two regions are infact united.

The first time in 1979 when WaZoBia was on the Ballot, the Niger Delta chose Zo. They voted Shagari. I believe they may now know better (not saying that zik was better than shagari though) about southern alliance. A picture of the 1979 election results is also attached

You put that disclaimer in your opening statement, yet you immediately went tribalistic by the second paragraph. You people just can't purge your psyche of this Ibo this, Ibo that mentality... and you're so much in need of assurance of 'south-soutb' alignment with Ibo cause, to aid the future realization of Biafra

1 Like

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:52am On Feb 09, 2023
So, I just book space for nothing undecided

1 Like

Re: If Peter Obi Wins The South South Then It Means This by Bede2u(m): 6:52am On Feb 09, 2023
Bioko2:

You put that disclaimer in your opening statement, yet you immediately went tribalistic by the second paragraph. You people just can't purge your psyche of this Ibo this, Ibo that mentality... and you're so much in need of assurance of 'south-soutb' alignment with Ibo cause, to aid the future realization of Biafra
Yoruba and hausa say igbos don't know how to make friends and alignments.
Igbos decide to align with Niger Delta, the same yoruba and hausa say igbos have inferiority complex.
Take your nonsense post to thrash along with your support for Atiku

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Residents Repaired The Road Yahaya Bello Dug To Prevent INEC From Reaching / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Selected To Be The Next 10th NASS Senate President / I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.