Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) (18952 Views)

UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal / Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) / Man Wins N9m On Betking, Plans To Spend It On School Fees (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Bbac6bu: 11:07am On Feb 10, 2023
Best time to earn in dollars is now grin

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Tonyalchemy: 11:07am On Feb 10, 2023
Charges everywhere
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Ojukwudfugitive: 11:10am On Feb 10, 2023
Mrkindness:
Some useless pigs like this one ๐Ÿ‘† above will bring their hate here now.

Idiotic pig of Biafra, but the Obi supporters are protesting that the deadline should remain now because Tinubu is badly affected.
This anti-people policy will have great consequences on Him tu lie and Atiku chances of become the President.
Emefiele will rot in jail after May 29!
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Mandate2023: 11:11am On Feb 10, 2023
Masterito:
CBN didn't ask them to increase charges. The SUG is great, they tackling Nigerians preying on fellow Nigerians. Most Nigerians are wicked opportunist.

Do u know that does POS operators buy the cash dey use for business......while u r asleep most of them r struggling on hw to get cash......if CBN produce enough cash ppl will easily be getting their money from ATM

3 Likes

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by oneclickng: 11:18am On Feb 10, 2023
yarimo:
Why threatening the POS operators? After all the cbn policies is affecting TINUBU only na.
You are the most use.less person on earth
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Chris2863(m): 11:22am On Feb 10, 2023
yarimo:
Why threatening the POS operators? After all the cbn policies is affecting TINUBU only na.
someone called you a pig ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ˜

Pig, do something oo
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by BeanX(m): 11:23am On Feb 10, 2023
Very commendable
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by abobote: 11:24am On Feb 10, 2023
All these SUG presidents can make noise for Africa

1 Like

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Porpulace: 11:25am On Feb 10, 2023
Msntv:

SOURCE: https://myschoolnews.ng/unn-sug-threaten-to-close-down-pos-operators-charging-exorbitant-fees

Hmm

What will the SUG do about the bankers who sell the new notes to POS operators?
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Dunionk30: 11:26am On Feb 10, 2023
Makes no Sense ,does POS owns the banks .are POS banks .

Do you know that even the POS buys the cash they use at High Prices.

Why are some people so dumb ..
I know lots of POS owners that have Closed Shops.

1 Like

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Skillsnigeria: 11:32am On Feb 10, 2023
Noted
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Pityoobi: 11:35am On Feb 10, 2023
They should bring them cash na and tell them what to charge. Thatโ€™s the solution, they canโ€™t be behaving like dictator in a society where we know how hard it is to get cash. Most POS buys cash 50k for 55k

1 Like

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Ojukwudfugitive: 11:36am On Feb 10, 2023
BeanX:
Very commendable

Idiotic pig of Biafra, the deadline should not be extended so that Tinubu will suffer the scarcity. Foolish pigs?

1 Like

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by ContinuousTortu: 11:50am On Feb 10, 2023
Ojukwudfugitive:

Idiotic pig of Biafra, but the Obi supporters are protesting that the deadline should remain now because Tinubu is badly affected.
This anti-people policy will have great consequences on Him tu lie and Atiku chances of become the President.
Emefiele will rot in jail after May 29!

Go and put him in jail. Foolish idiot
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 10, 2023
I would say this again Nigerian youths are 4kn lazy, greedy and thieving b*st*rds๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by anochuks08(m): 11:55am On Feb 10, 2023
Lol, when the POS operators are buying 10k for 11k from market women to keep business alive. grin
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by othermen: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2023
Itโ€™s funny. Because, you cannot forcefully compel economics. Market forces will often always triumph over directives such as issued by the SUG. The intent may be great, but the consequences in reality will be greater.

There is a limitation as to what the POS merchants can withdraw from the bank. The merchants have to spend hours at the ATM to even make withdrawals. Some of them have resorted to buying cash from filling stations or other cash based businesses.

So, the merchants that cannot comply with the SUG directive leaves the school. That means, you have less cash available for students from POS. For the merchants that remains in the school, with the CBN policy, it will be impossible for them to fulfil the demands that arise as a result of the gap created by the POS merchants that left the school.

Those left behind, will be crowded. Even, outsiders from around the school area will want to benefit. They wonโ€™t be able to meet students demands. The amount the POS merchants can withdraw remains a constraint.

Students again will have to seek alternatives then, and they will have to go outside school to more exorbitant POS merchants. Now, as at the moment, POS business is not attractive, so no new POS merchants except the SUG empowers students not just with POS but with cash to do the business.

The SUG does not know its power is limited. In the end, they have no power to assure the POS merchants that are willing to make losses today, that in the future, they will be given priority as to expansion of their business within the school. If they had such power, such an incentive might keep the POS merchants from exiting.

1 Like

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by asksteve(m): 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaeyking:
I would say this is a nice move
Atleast it's not too high and not to low

It's quite commendable

This is what our President and Governors including the CBN Governor could not do at the national and state levels to stop the exploitation of the citizenry.

Rather they are giving us bogus time frame to ease what we all know they will do nothing about.

There will come a day the citizens will be enlightened enough to rise against the political class.

Breaking all those religious, ethnic and otger barriers that have been used to divide us.

Till that day...

Come to think of it, how do we feel praying to God after exploiting our brothers and sisters all in the name of cashing out big in this trying times for most Nigerian's?
Do most of us know the God we claim to serve at all?

God help us.
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Wildkat02: 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2023
yarimo:

U go cry till u tire ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Benrosaria(m): 12:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
have they been able to transform all those boys hostel wey get 1st grade viral diseases
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by filitech070: 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
owiko:
Most Nigerians are extremely greedy and exploitative. They try to seize every single opportunity to rip off their fellow countrymen and women. Later they'll blame corrupt politicians exclusively, for the hardship in the land
did u even know how those pos operators get cash??they re also buying money...can u bliv those market women,men and filling stations selling 100k for 10k....so to me is not thr fault

1 Like

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Irupetepete: 12:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
owiko:
Most Nigerians are extremely greedy and exploitative. They try to seize every single opportunity to rip off their fellow countrymen and women. Later they'll blame corrupt politicians exclusively, for the hardship in the land
instead of collecting money from the pos, why don't you go directly to the bank?
It is not by force to get money from pos so why label them wicked?

1 Like

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by SirLinks: 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
owiko:
In as much as their bills are high, I don't blame them, most of them are buying the cash from other business people at crazy prices, banks ain't giving them cash, it's difficult all round..
I won't buy something 100 naira and someone is telling me I must sell it 105 naira after factoring in my inconvenience, transport, stress and profit, e no go work.... Except u provide a means of getting the cash then u can regulate the price
My 1 kobo
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Masterito(m): 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
Say what you know and stop assuming. They get the cash more easily than an average Nigerian. An average Nigerian wants to take advantage of everything.
Mandate2023:

Do u know that does POS operators buy the cash dey use for business......while u r asleep most of them r struggling on hw to get cash......if CBN produce enough cash ppl will easily be getting their money from ATM
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
Una no go leave people side hussle....

He money wey bank managers hide, did those pos operators got it freely?

1 Like

Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by BeanX(m): 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
Ojukwudfugitive:

Idiotic pig of Biafra, the deadline should not be extended so that Tinubu will suffer the scarcity. Foolish pigs?
Get a life and be useful man. ๐Ÿ˜ก
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Ayodeoba: 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
yarimo:
those Pos should close down and face their business outside campus,how do you expect me to give you cash for cheap when I already bought in expensive amount
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by Ayodeoba: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Masterito:
Say what you know and stop assuming. They get the cash more easily than an average Nigerian. An average Nigerian wants to take advantage of everything.
how do they get this cash,pls explain
I am also a Pos agents,I have been paying 10k extra to get 100k
Re: UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) by owiko(m): 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
Bro I haven't patronized POS operators since the beginning of the naira redesign crisis. My observation is not limited to the activities of POS operators, most Nigerians have exploitative mindset. I have seen transporters increase transport fares by hundred percent, because of #20 increase in fuel price. There are a lot of other scenarios that made me draw that conclusion
Irupetepete:
instead of collecting money from the pos, why don't you go directly to the bank?
It is not by force to get money from pos so why label them wicked?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses / Names Of Kidnapped GSS Kagara Students And Teachers Released By Niger State / UNILORIN To Resume Academic Activities January 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.