Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State (8861 Views)

10 Feared Dead, Houses Set Ablaze As Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attacks On Borno / 97 Killed In Boko Haram’s Fresh Attacks In Borno Mosque. / 20 Killed In Fresh Attacks By Boko Haram In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by OAM4J: 4:19am On Sep 10, 2011
Plateau Crisis 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks

THE SinParty of violence in Plateau State is yet to abate, as nine people were killed yesterday around 1.20am in Tsohon Foron, while three others were gruesomely murdered in Kunzen Gashish, all in Barkin Ladi council.

Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Publicity, Ayuba Pam, confirmed the casualty figures from the attacks, which happened almost simultaneously.

Bala Adamu, a former legal adviser to Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Jos North Council and currently the Special Adviser on Youth Mobilisation to Governor Jonah Jang, led journalists to the scenes of the killings.

Addressing journalists at the end of the tour of scenes, the Chairman of Barkin Ladi council, Emmanuel Dacholom Loman, said: “This is a genocide. This is religious or ethnic cleansing. We are tired of this nonsense. We have reported this to the federal government, which are very slow in their actions.”

He said the attackers came and changed their mode of attacks, explaining that they came in, all wearing black uniforms to disguise their identities.

“This thing is an attack on my people, who are peace-loving and accommodating people,” he said. “But that we are peace-loving and accommodating does not mean we are fools.

“We have been pushed to the wall presently. You can see that the youths are not happy. We don’t want to take the laws into our hands, but the fact still remains that if the federal government is not doing anything, we will have no option than to do whatever we can do to protect ourselves.”

Loman called on other people living in Plateau to be vigilant, “because this is not only the issue of Barkin Ladi, but targeted at Plateau State as a whole. If they finish with this local government, the next local government could be yours.”

“This is an act of terrorism and some people are bent on using the state as a launch pad. There are a lot of external forces, despite the efforts of the traditional council.”
The council chairman warned of possible reprisal attacks from southern states, stressing, “you don’t expect people in Anambra State to hear that their people in Plateau State have been killed and continue to keep quiet.”

“They will one day react there and this is going to be a problem. The government, especially the federal government, should, therefore, rise to the challenge.”

Former Deputy Senate President, John Wash Pam, who hails from the area, was shot of words to express what happened yesterday.

Describing the scenario as guerrilla warfare, he said: “If you see the killed people lying down there, you will believe that this is the work of marksmen. They were all shot in the stomach almost at the same place. This is strange; it is suspicious.

“This is beyond the state government; it can only be handled by the federal government. The soldiers that have been put here have been unable to do anything positively. So, I believe the best thing is for the federal government to evacuate them and replace them with state police.”

Addressing a press conference yesterday, the spokesman of the Plateau Caucus in the House of Representatives, Bitrus Kaze, condemned the recent outbreaks of violence in Jos and some parts of the state.

“We sympathise with victims and their relations over the loss of lives and property, which they suffered in the wake of the wanton destructions,” he said. “We pray that God in His infinite mercy will grant them the fortitude to bear the irreparable losses.”

Even as he commended the federal and state government, as well as the security agencies for their concerted efforts in arresting the situation, he said there was room for improvement, especially following the avalanche of complaints that trailed the handling of the situation.

“Notwithstanding the foregoing, it has come to our knowledge that certain misguided elements are hell-bent on destabilizing democratic structures on the Plateau in the name of emergency rule,” he said.

“We condemn in the strongest terms possible and totally reject their obnoxious call for the declaration of another emergency rule in Plateau state.

“It is highly suspicious why they single out Plateau State for persecution notwithstanding the precarious security situation in many parts of the country, including post-elections violence and bombings.

“We make bold to state in clear, unmistaken and unequivocal terms our determination to resist any attempt to plunge our state into crisis. Plateau State cannot be treated as a scapegoat.”

He called on citizens of the state, irrespective of their ethnic backgrounds, political or religious persuasions, to eschew violence and remain calm, adding that the federal and state governments and all the security agencies were working round the clock to ensure the sustenance of lasting peace.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60584:plateau-crisis-12-killed-in-fresh-attacks-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by ak47mann(m): 4:41am On Sep 10, 2011
na waooo middle belt are in deep trouble how come there old friends is killing them like these undecided
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by otele(m): 5:06am On Sep 10, 2011
may their souls rest in perfect peace. And may God grant their families the grace to bear their loss with fortitude.

This is what happens when you ride a tiger. You end up in it's belly. These sons of evil convinced everybody that the igbos were the problem. Igbos were attacked and slaughtered. Today, 40yrs after the fact, with igbos largely out of the way, who's next?
The ijaws have seen clearly that igbos were their best friends. After the evil empire heirs killed Ken sar wiwa and other Niger delta sons. Now the plateau citizens have seen the other side of these evil people. Truth cannot be covered forever.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by ASANIGBO(m): 5:54am On Sep 10, 2011
GOD

GO

PUNISH

THEM

ALL
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by fbude: 6:16am On Sep 10, 2011
IBB,Atiku,Chiroma,Dambazu and the entire
executive members of the Northern Political
Leaders Forum they are responsible for this
bombing and killing in Nigeria.They sponsor
Boko Haram.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by peckhamboi: 6:32am On Sep 10, 2011
Do we have a President in this country because this has turned into something else.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 10, 2011
'Gambari pa fulani, ko lejo nnu', if fulani kill the people of Plateau, im really not boderd, but i will only be concernd wen hausa/fulanis stat to atak southerners. A typical plateau person will associate wt hausa/fulani any day! Now d fulanis are tryng to take dem out one family at a time, soon a whole village wil be wiped out and on to d nxt 1 they wil go!
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by nellybadas: 7:13am On Sep 10, 2011
@cogitoErgo

'Gambari pa fulani, ko lejo nnu', if fulani kill the people of Plateau, im really not boderd,

Thats a very heartless thing to say. cry
May d souls of d departed rest in peace and may d killers know no peace throughout n after their lifetime.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by kpofkpof: 7:18am On Sep 10, 2011
Violence is not the medicine to curb violence

Everyone in Plateau is bitter. During the just concluded sallah, the indigines attacked, killed and ATE the people who went for prayers.

How on earth would u eat a fellow human being?

Plateau state needs spiritual cleansing for these things to stop. The youths also need to sheath their swords. Enough is enough. Its now 10yrs and we are still killing each other. Haba!

I can't believe we have cannibals in this 21st century. You eat people and wash it down with a can of Harp or Viju milk. That's gruesome. I can't even attach d video I have here, because some people will just run outta the thread. The pics are remains of someone that was consumed by cannibals in plateau

Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by kpofkpof: 7:22am On Sep 10, 2011
More

Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by kpofkpof: 7:24am On Sep 10, 2011
More

Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by asha80(m): 7:28am On Sep 10, 2011
kpofkpof take am easy ooo cry
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by kpofkpof: 7:30am On Sep 10, 2011
I'm sorry if I upset you guys, but this is the true pix of what is happening in Jos

If you find this disgusting, I wonder what u will say whn u see the video.
people roasting humans and their women making pepper sauce for the youths. I weep for plateau. They cut of body parts in chuncks, dip it in the sauce and munch away. In broad daylight!!!

The bible says- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem for therein lies our peace. We need to pray for Nigeria. QED
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by asha80(m): 7:47am On Sep 10, 2011
kpofkpof:

I'm sorry if I upset you guys, but this is the true pix of what is happening in Jos

If you find this disgusting, I wonder what u will say whn u see the video.
people roasting humans and their women making pepper sauce for the youths. I weep for plateau. The cut of body parts in chuncks, dip it in the sauce and munch away. In broad daylight!!!

The bible says- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem for therein lies our peace. We need to pray for Nigeria. QED

man my belle don turn.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 10, 2011
Where is Gen. Yakubu Gowon.

It is time to defend and justify the ONE NIGERIA concept
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 10, 2011
OAM4J:

Plateau Crisis 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks

My contention is that we went to war to keep Nigeria one and to us there was no Biafra and therefore we cannot talk of the leader of the rebellion as the Head of State of Biafra.

~ Yakubu Gowon, rtd general, ex-head of state [African Concord, 1992]
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 10, 2011
@gruelsome pics, Jesus christ! When will this end in jos? Cannibals! I think its high time d affected communities take up arms and DEFEND themselves. It is apparent soldiers and FG have failed. May their souls hunt their murderers to their graves.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by BetaThings: 9:04am On Sep 10, 2011
^^^
This is really sad
People are playing with the lives of people.
I am distressed by the killing of innocent people.
Some people will go out and forment trouble, when the reprisals come, the innocent and the unprepared are the casualties
We had not heard anything from Jos for a while.
If the people going to pray during Eid-el-Fitri last week had not been attacked, these people would have been alive today
Watch Gen Azazi's response to Gov Jang's accusation. It still on the home page of channelstv now
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by HornyJane(f): 9:34am On Sep 10, 2011
God forgive them for they no not what they do cry cry cry
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by humpito(m): 9:48am On Sep 10, 2011
We need to love our neighbours, irrespective of tribe and tongues. This evil is becoming unbearable and everybody responsible for this will not go unpunished. My heart bleeds for the deceased. May God grant their loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by God2man(m): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2011
If the soldier and the police could not guarantee security in the state , people of that community should form a group that will stand up against this gruesome act. Is it compusory that we should always depend on the Government all the time for our lives and properties to be secure. Let the people rise up and do something that will guarantee safety. Spiritually, the blood of the innocent are crying against the land. We need to pray for cleansing blood of the lamb, that is blood of Jesus, to cleanse the land. God bless. God2man.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by emofine(f): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2011
*sigh* may those unfortunate souls rest in peace. sad

P.S some of the images here are quite graphic maybe a link will suffice instead of embedding certain images.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by CuteTj(m): 10:17am On Sep 10, 2011
Thank God i have left Jos! I don't think i will be going there again unless God says otherwise. But truth be told, this crisis won't stop unless some measures are put in place. I saw young men with guns and they have become bitter at anything Hausa/Fulani and are just waiting for the dust to settle before they start their own massacre and vice versa. Even if you deploy 2 soldiers to a family, it still won't stop the violence. This issue is more than the government can handle. It instead lies in the people.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by fyomer: 10:31am On Sep 10, 2011
looks as if this has become norms of the state. I weep and pray for PLATEAU STATE.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by goggs(m): 10:42am On Sep 10, 2011
God2man:

If the soldier and the police could not guarantee security in the state , people of that community should form a group that will stand up against this gruesome act. Is it compusory that we should always depend on the Government all the time for our lives and properties to be secure. Let the people rise up and do something that will guarantee safety. Spiritually, the blood of the innocent are crying against the land. We need to pray for cleansing blood of the lamb, that is blood of Jesus, to cleanse the land. God bless. God2man. 

[size=15pt]My Guy, u spoke my mind. I wonder if all these villagers do is sleep? Is that their nature? Are they humans or sheep. Gosh they must be DULL! if this kind of thing is happenning and the Government is not responding, form vigilante groups and sleep in turns. Even if its just bows and arrows, if one of two of the attackers are taken down, the rest will be hesitant in returning or at least those captured or dead will help track the rest. Sleep and get slaughtered is the norm now on the plateau!

If plateau is that hot, all neigbourhoods must form security committees and vigilante groups untill all the dust settles.

Haba! People killed in the most beastly manner! Even animals are not killed thus! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/size]
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 10, 2011
goggs:

[size=15pt]My Guy, u spoke my mind. I wonder if all these villagers do is sleep? Is that their nature? Are they humans or sheep. Gosh they must be DULL! if this kind of thing is happenning and the Government is not responding, form vigilante groups and sleep in turns. Even if its just bows and arrows, if one of two of the attackers are taken down, the rest will be hesitant in returning or at least those captured or dead will help track the rest. Sleep and get slaughtered is the norm now on the plateau!

If plateau is that hot, all neigbourhoods must form security committees and vigilante groups untill all the dust settles.

Haba! People killed in the most beastly manner! Even animals are not killed thus! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/size]

^my mind too. anner! Even animals are not killed thus! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/size][/color]
[quote][/quote] ^my mind too.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Dereformer(m): 10:56am On Sep 10, 2011
Jonathan is gradually falling. Mark my words he has not got the guts required of a president.

Division of Nigeria or a form of confederation arrangement is the only solution to the country's problems
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by WilWily: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2011
Middle belters should proof that they are not  bunch of Brukutu drinking folks, by avenging this massacre.
I praise Hausa too for avenging the killing of their love ones by some Brukutu head Middle belt youths.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by dabrake(m): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2011
emofine:

*sigh* may those unfortunate souls rest in peace. sad

P.S some of the images here are quite graphic maybe a link will suffice instead of embedding certain images.
hw come u typed that? do you think this is an american film?
@op, this has just marred my day
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Akanbiedu(m): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2011
The Nigerian government should declare itself incompetent and resign.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

And So The Rip Off Ended / Lagos State Government Denies Abolishing Monthly Sanitation / Peter Obituary Will Not Sleep Tonight After Seeing This Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.