Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State (8869 Views)

10 Feared Dead, Houses Set Ablaze As Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attacks On Borno / 97 Killed In Boko Haram’s Fresh Attacks In Borno Mosque. / 20 Killed In Fresh Attacks By Boko Haram In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by kpofkpof: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2011
I agree, images are quite 'graphic', 'gruesome' -whatever adjectives qualifies the term. That's why I didn't attach the video clip I have, cos that one is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddd!!!!!!

Can you believe that the pix below is remains of someone who had limbs like you and I? After burning the person to death, they came and were cutting large chunks for home use and the one they ate in the spur of the moment.

How do you expect the hausas to forgive these people. Its sickening. I haven't been able to eat meat since this crisis.

May God help us

Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by asha80(m): 11:50am On Sep 10, 2011
kpofkpof:

I agree, images are quite 'graphic', 'gruesome' -whatever adjectives qualifies the term. That's why I didn't attach the video clip I have, cos that one is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddd!!!!!!

Can you believe that the pix below is remains of someone who had limbs like you and I? After burning the person to death, they came and were cutting large chunks for home use and the one dey ate in the spur of the moment.

How do you expect the hausas to forgive these people. Its sickening. I haven't been able to eat meat since this crisis.

May God help us

is it the berom guys that did that?
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by BetaThings: 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2011
kpofkpof:

Can you believe that the pix below is remains of someone who had limbs like you and I? After burning the person to death, they came and were cutting large chunks for home use and the one they ate in the spur of the moment.

May God help us
where did you get the video. Post the link if it is online.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by WilWily: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

The Nigerian government should declare itself incompetent and resign.
Why, This is not Jonathan problem.
Middle belters welcomed the Devils and ate with them, what is happening there is their problem, the Wrath of God is upon them and there will be no hidding place for them, their land is a Cursed Land, They have to live with it. They will Never Ever have or know peace. Silly Bunch Of KAKALAKA Kackroaches
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by maasoap(m): 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2011
@kpofkpof, do you know that when last week Monday's massacre of Muslims took place where over 20 of them were gruesomely murdered on the last day of Ramadan (over 100 cars and 200 bikes belonging to Muslims burnt), the Vanguard online newspaper still portrayed Muslims as attackers rather than victims. Then you're pushed to ask yourself this question: who is neutral in all these arbitrary killings in Nigeria? Is it the media, the politicians, govt officials, the soldiers and police, or the muslims and the christians all over the country who are emotionally attached to the people of their religion irrespective of who started the killings.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2011
do we have moderators on dis forum?
@kpofkpof, you could easily have written ur statements and post a link to d pics n videos n let those interested redirect.do you tink its everybody that can stomach such disgusting sites. PLS REMOVE DEM N POST A LINK IF U LYK angry
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by bammo: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2011
my gosh, a text message was sent recently to heipang(barkin ladi)by d atackers, Saying that they will be attackin heipang 2nite. May God help plateau.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by jidewin(m): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2011
@Kpofkpof Thanks for the few photos here.Most people here do not have the true "picture" of what this killings in Plateau is really like.Our government in conjuction with NBC made sure of that.However,could please be good enough to send your photos and vids to realeventstv@gmail.com?
Thank you for your response.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Airtimex(m): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2011
will nigeria ever grow, when shall we stop this killing nawaooooooooo. i need videos anybody with the video plz upload it here i have to check sm thing thanks angry
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by claremont(m): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2011
@kpofkpof: As gory as the images you have provided are, some of us are actually keen on seeing the video you claim to have of Cannibals in action. If for some reason, you do not want to post the video on here, kindly provide us with a link to a website or blog were we can go and view the video please. Thanks.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by adanny01(m): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2011
The end to these killings is not near at all. These farmers settlements will continue to give the fulani guerrillas an upper hand if they dont move out to populated areas.
In those villages, a family of 6-10 can be living in a settlement where there nearest neighbour is a kilometer away with no road, electricity or gsm network. I hv been to those villages while working, trust me they are targets and cannot defend themselves or be defended by any form of security.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by cold(m): 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2011
When people are pushed to the wall those pictures are what you get.6 months after I bought a house in Jos it was razed to the ground by rampaging Islamic fundamentalists.How do you expect me to forgive those loonies but I took it in my stride & moved on.While I don't condone violence of any kind you don't expect any less after years continuous  taunting, tormenting & brazen violence.
Whatever happened to the dozens of panels of enquiry/inquiry set up by the federal government?Whatever happened to the dozens of arrests that were plastered all over our screens and strewn all over the print media?The federal government has been treating this issue with kid gloves & in the circumstances Jang cannot do much.The STF are complicit in this evil act.The only solution is for the indigenes to protect themselves since the clamour for state police is a little far fetched for now.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by BetaThings: 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2011
cold:

When people are pushed to the wall those pictures are what you get.6 months after I bought a house in Jos it was razed to the ground by rampaging Islamic fundamentalists.How do you expect me to forgive those loonies but I took it in my stride & moved on.While I don't condone violence of any kind you don't expect any less after years continuous  taunting, tormenting & brazen violence.
Whatever happened to the dozens of panels of enquiry/inquiry set up by the federal government?Whatever happened to the dozens of arrests that were plastered all over our screens and strewn all over the print media?The federal government has been treating this issue with kid gloves & in the circumstances Jang cannot do much.The STF are complicit in this evil act.The only solution is for the indigenes to protect themselves since the clamour for state police is a little far fetched for now.
It is painful losing properties and all. But after a lull, we are beginning to witness frequent attacks
I don't believe we should sacrificing lives needlessly. When the christians attacked last week on the day of Eid, it was clear that the muslims would retaliate
My point = the deaths of the muslims on Eid day was unnecessary, the deaths that ensued from reprisals are also needless
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by MissEZ(f): 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2011
The continuous violence is Jos is so sad, I grew up in Jos and have lived here most of my life. I understand that when one is pushed to the wall, then people have to turn around and defend themselves. Once upon a time, the christain community could boldly stand up and say, we are the victims. Now we cant do that anymore because we are the ones attacking as well. If the stories about cannibalism is true, then we have completely lost it. I just saw a video on youtube where the site of fighting occurred. There were burnt bodies and lots of burnt cars. What hurt the most was when people started carrying burnt body parts and where putting cigarretes and beer cans for jokes sakes. REALLY? the body of someones father, mother, brother, son, nephew, niece, cousin, whatever they were, haba haba. At the end of the video, someone said, we thank God. Which God are you thanking?

I am really sad that Christians chose to act this way. Do they have a right to defend themselves? YES and YES. Do they need to go out and hunt muslims and kill innocent people? NOOOOO. We have become the beast we once castigated. It is really sad. We need to understand that a human being is first human before anything else. At this point i dont care what religion a person belongs to, taking of innocent life is wrong, PERIOD!

God will judge all according to their deeds
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by BetaThings: 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2011
maasoap:

@kpofkpof, do you know that when last week Monday's massacre of Muslims took place where over 20 of them were gruesomely murdered on the last day of Ramadan (over 100 cars and 200 bikes belonging to Muslims burnt), the Vanguard online newspaper still portrayed Muslims as attackers rather than victims. Then you're pushed to ask yourself this question: who is neutral in all these arbitrary killings in Nigeria? Is it the media, the politicians, govt officials, the soldiers and police, or the muslims and the christians all over the country who are emotionally attached to the people of their religion irrespective of who started the killings.
Vanguard is the greatest threat to press freedom in Nigeria. The paper is a menace to national unity
When a lady disguised as a muslim to enter a mosque during Jumuah service in the university of Ibadan and started shouting on muslims to accept Jesus while they were praying (in prostration)
Muslims students held a demonstration following this; Vanguard said muslims held UI hostage. No mention was made of the girl' action
When christians attacked muslims at the praying ground last week, newspaper reports were unclear
Somebody pointed out that christians were responsible, otherwise the account would have been clear and they would have quoted  some christian leaders
Now look at what we are seeing when christians were attacked, "suspected hausa fulani herdsmen", quotes from State govt officials etc
It is so bad that Azazi told the gov on Channels Tv yesterday (Fri) that a gov should be the leader of ALL
The only clear report we got was from Reuters, somebody was still denying it as a false report on Nairaland!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/29/us-nigeria-violence-jos-idUSTRE77S6Q520110829

Thatdave:

where in Jos did this happen?
This story was definitly cooked up.

Just look at the names of the authors.
Andrew Cocks and Tim Pussys heavens!

BetaThings:

The authors are living human beings
Check their profile -
http://blogs.reuters.com/tim-cocks/
http://blogs.reuters.com/andrewheavens/   

Reuters is not believable when it says christians attack people!
But we can quote whoknowswhat..com when it says muslims attack!!

Have you wondered why the report about the offenders at the last week's Eid-el-Fitri incident is so sparse and unclear?
It is obviously because christians are guilty
Were the muslims the offenders, our newspapers would have been agog
Think about it

When attacks on muslims are not reported, we give impression that it does not matter that they are attacked
To make matters worse, biased reporting make muslims hate christians for being so unfair. And christians who are swayed by these false reports hate muslims for "always" attacking them
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by kpofkpof: 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2011
claremont:

@kpofkpof: As gory as the images you have provided are, some of us are actually keen on seeing the video you claim to have of Cannibals in action. If for some reason, you do not want to post the video on here, kindly provide us with a link to a website or blog were we can go and view the video please. Thanks.

I don't have a link to it, the video is on my phone

asha 80:

is it the berom guys that did that?
Yes, its been going on for a long while now, infact since last year
careytommy:

do we have moderators on dis forum?
@kpofkpof, you could easily have written your statements and post a link to d pics n videos n let those interested redirect.do you tink its everybody that can stomach such disgusting sites. PLS REMOVE DEM N POST A LINK IF U LYK angry
No vex abeg
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by MissEZ(f): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2011
In my opinion based on lived experience, biased reporting happens on both sides. Please lets not act as if both sides arent guilty here. If you guys are squirmish because your looking at pictures, what about people that see that with their very eyes and live this reality. Instead of laying blame, lets collectively look for how we can come together and solve the issue.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by otokx(m): 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2011
The non muslims should combine forces and live in clusters then have armed vigilante to keep watch at all times in shifts and those sleeping should be with their weapons nearby. They should rehearse all possible offensive and defensive moves and always be on the alert.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by BetaThings: 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2011
Miss EZ:

In my opinion based on lived experience, biased reporting happens on both sides. Please lets not act as if both sides arent guilty here. If you guys are squirmish because your looking at pictures, what about people that see that with their very eyes and live this reality. Instead of laying blame, lets collectively look for how we can come together and solve the issue.
The only newspaper that is likely to be biased in favour of muslims is Daily Trust
I cannot think of any other
When Datti Ahmed unreasonably said muslims could go to war over Islamic Banking, he was quoted in full by Punch
When Sanusi went to the national assembly and explained the composition of the directorate and Board of CBN, the paper was silent on this; same for channelstv
How many people know that Olusegun Aganga has a degree in Theology, but Sanusi's degree in Islamic Studies is household knowledge

My point is that needless deaths are caused when biased reporting make people on both sides angrier
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by sexyshe(f): 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2011
These is just too much.na wa oooooo
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by jidewin(m): 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2011
Now some folks are beginning to get me "BOILED OVER" with their "one-sided religious comments".And when has attack from the christian group never been condemned? More so, the reprisal attacks from the "christian" groups,was it just initiated for fun or for vengeance?.Please,even if we "FEEL"the murderers under the guise of MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD had the to proceed and kill women and children,do you suppose its only the indigene that WERE living in that village?There were easterners who trades in motor and motorcycle spare parts there and they were inclusively endangered.
What do you suppose if i should INCENSE my NDIGBO brothers to start their own version on all PERCEIVED MUSLIMS AND NORTHERNERS starting with IMO STATE AND ANAMBRA?
I have Muslim friends and i respect their religion,but when the idea of antagonizing and butchering people,calling them INFIDEL because they do not share and accept your views on religious beliefs,then you have crossed the line and that must addressed unequivocally.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by BetaThings: 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2011
jidewin:

Now some folks are beginning to get me "BOILED OVER" with their "one-sided religious comments".And when has attack from the christian group never been condemned? More so, the reprisal attacks from the "christian" groups,was it just initiated for fun or for vengeance?.Please,even if we "FEEL"the murderers under the guise of MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD had the to proceed and kill women and children,do you suppose its only the indigene that WERE living in that village?There were easterners who trades in motor and motorcycle spare parts there and they were inclusively endangered.
What do you suppose if i should INCENSE my NDIGBO brothers to start their own version on all PERCEIVED MUSLIMS AND NORTHERNERS starting with IMO STATE AND ANAMBRA?
I have Muslim friends and i respect their religion,but when the idea of antagonizing and butchering people,calling them INFIDEL because they do not share and accept your views on religious beliefs,then you have crossed the line and that must addressed unequivocally.

You are clearly mistaken
1. I hate death of anyone - muslim and christian.
2. The press has been biased. There was an incident at the praying ground last week. Show me where the details were reported?
3. Look at my post above. It was reported by Reuters, people were denying it
4. A friend told me that he was sure that there would be retaliation
5. Of course the muslims had been guilty of attacks in the past. But there has been a lull in this type of massive killing until last week
6. If the incident of last week had been acknowledged and some pacification done, MAYBE (a big maybe) some of the people killed now would have been alive
7. I am not holding brief. Just pointing out that we have to face reality. Reprisals will come, whether you and I like it or not. Innocent people will die, unnecessarily.

My personal doctor is a christian and a pastor. I am not delighted by a christian's death.

BTW regarding INFIDELS - this is what the Bible says: And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an INFIDEL? 2 Conrinthians 6 : 15
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by norrisman: 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2011
Dont worry guys. No need to panic, Retardeen has started a consultation on the development of a new vehicle database which should put an end to all this madness.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by awardeez: 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2011
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Retil: 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2011
Oh, i weep for these souls. WE JOS WANT PEACE.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by POTUT(m): 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2011
If I were president, I would at least make a strong worded speech and visit the area. I see no such spine in GEJ. Its almost like Plateau is not in Nigeria.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by 9ijaMan: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2011
POTUT:

If I were president, I would at least make a strong worded speech and visit the area. I see no such spine in GEJ. Its almost like Plateau is not in Nigeria.
Spot on!. The clueless, spineless GEJ will certainly have some dumb words to say about these incidents, e.g. "Such incidences are normal as it's obtained elsewhere in the world, !"
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Ojiofor: 10:45pm On Sep 10, 2011
Gowon is busy doing his stuu, pid Nigeria prays while his home town is on fire, you wont hear him speak out against the evil happening in his town, Dan banza kowai.
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Galaxy7: 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2011
[s]ONE NIGERIA by Nnamdi azikiwe is the apple of discord[/s]
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by real4life: 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2011
kpofkpof:

I don't have a link to it, the video is on my phone
Yes, its been going on for a long while now, infact since last yearNo vex abeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nvIpsNazCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9kSBEv5OkY
Re: 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State by Abuloma80(f): 12:02am On Sep 11, 2011
Unbelievable, Sickening, Sad, Unfortunate, cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: IPOB Has Informed All Foreign Missions In Lagos Of Proposed Rally / Buhari Participates At Joint ECOWAS-ECCAS Heads Of State & Govt Summit In Togo / Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.