Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

I Need Help On Adopting A Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help On Adopting A Child (720 Views)

My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 6 Years Of Infertility & Adopting A Baby / What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On Adopting A Child by Svinx: 10:58am On Feb 10, 2023
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a while now and no result. I have my own issues which I am trying to treat, but as it is, my husband's case is untreatable. I have brought up the suggestion of adoption, but he doesn't want it. Can someone help with the process of adopting a child in Nigeria? if you have adopted before, can you share your experience? I need to know so I can go back to him with facts praying he would agree this time.

Thank you
Re: I Need Help On Adopting A Child by Honwuruwuru: 2:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Svinx:
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a while now and no result. I have my own issues which I am trying to treat, but as it is, my husband's case is untreatable. I have brought up the suggestion of adoption, but he doesn't want it. Can someone help with the process of adopting a child in Nigeria? if you have adopted before, can you share your experience? I need to know so I can go back to him with facts praying he would agree this time.

Thank you

Hello ma'am, can we reason things together? If yes, pls kindly DM me. Thanks
Re: I Need Help On Adopting A Child by Jesslove(f): 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Svinx:

Thank you

Walk into any government approved orphanage home ... You don't have to pay money.. A background check would be done on u, the child would be given to you for a period of time while they come check on him/her for a given period of time. If they are okay with how u take care of the child the child will be adopted legally in your name. This process typically takes btwn a year and two...

Good luck!
Re: I Need Help On Adopting A Child by Svinx: 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
Thank you
Jesslove:

Walk into any government approved orphanage home ... You don't have to pay money.. A background check would be done on u, the child would be given to you for a period of time while they come check on him/her for a given period of time. If they are okay with how u take care of the child the child will be adopted legally in your name. This process typically takes btwn a year and two...

Good luck!
Re: I Need Help On Adopting A Child by ibechris(m): 3:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jesslove:

Good luck!

Free u mean,how and where in Nigeria?
Re: I Need Help On Adopting A Child by Socratiz: 6:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
I have guided couples to adopt children in Lagos state. If you're in Lagos, please send a DM.

There is a process involved. It is not true that you can just walk into government office and walk out with a baby because you want to adopt the baby.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Adopting A Child by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 11, 2023
You need money close to 10m or so

Look for a government approved motherless home to adopt

Go there and tell them you'd like to adopt a child there

They'll run a background check on you and your husband then get the necessary documents ready to process for you and the baby
Re: I Need Help On Adopting A Child by frozen70(f): 9:42am On Feb 11, 2023
Svinx:

Thank you

For a genuine purpose, go to several orphanage homes and make your enquiries and they will direct you on how to start the processing

There is nothing free about it as you will need to make some documents and they are charges attached to it

If you guys want to adopt as a couple, your husband presence is needed

But you have to keep talking with your husband and of he is adamant about it, then involve people that are close to him and people he respects

There is one orphanage home in Palm Grove, you can start with that if you resides in Lagos
Re: I Need Help On Adopting A Child by Svinx: 2:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
Thank you everyone
Re: I Need Help On Adopting A Child by Eketem: 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
Svinx:
Thank you everyone
Svinx:

Thank you

Don't DM anybody.
They will offer Short cut scams.

Go to the social welfare office in your local government secretariat they will give you a form.

Forget what you watch on Nollywood or what people say without knowledge it is a long process with many legal checks and balances, you will be interviewed, undergo psychological evaluation, you will swear before a Judge, first step is go to welfare they will provide advise.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Kill His Wife In USA - My Defence For The Late Wife / How Can I Find My Talent Or Do Something Extraordinary? / World's Oldest Dog Dies In Ny At 21 — Or 147

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.