Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes (45857 Views)

Inflation: Tinubu advised Buhari to print more money - Paul Ibe / CBN Orders Us To Recirculate Old 200 Naira Banknotes To The Economy / Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by UncommonLogic: 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
PropertyNR:
Print more notes.

Meanwhile: Peter Obi vs. Tinubu
Here's a breakdown of what both candidates did as governors of their respective states.

1. Healthcare
Peter Obi
- Built heart surgery hospital in Onitsha
- Built College of medicine
- Built several healthcare centers
- Upgraded and licensed all school of nursing

Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- Didn't build a single hospital in 8 years
- Upgraded hospitals

2. Education
Peter Obi
- Took Anambra from number 25 in Waec to number one.
- Built and refurbished primary and secondary schools accross the state.
- Donated over 30,000 computers, printers and generators to all schools in Anambra.

Tinubu
- Upgraded and built modern schools.

3. Debt
Nigeria is in massive debt, so we need a president that can manage these debts.

Peter Obi
Didn't borrow one naira, paid Anambra state debts and saved over 75 billion naira.

Tinubu
Left a debt of over 100 billion naira for Fashola, even after increasing taxes in the state.

Vote Wisely
Stop smoking m kpuru mirri and cannibalism. Drugs are bad for your mental and physical health.
Your attempt at revisionist history of failed pandora pathological liar Obi and attempt at repackaging of the incompetent Governor is DOA.
Try another one.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by emmykk(m): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
melonsgroup:
POS and fuel attendant una time go soon pass, asknose mask and hand
Sanitizer

Hahahahahhahah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by OlawaleBammie: 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2023
Malory:
Guy if na play you better stop it. Come to my home town of Ilesha and see real suffering. Stop mocking us if you can't pity us.
seriously even my hometown in orlu, people are now selling body part and eating body parts as there is no money embarassed embarassed

Seriously our people are dying in orlu embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Malory: 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
But I thought you Obi urchins are happy about the hardship
Sharap.
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by dat9jaguy(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
Validated:

No sir old notes ceases to be legal tender today. CBN will make new notes available

Simple comprehension, you no fit. Apply comprehension wey you learn for school in real life scenarios, that is the use of education.
In event that Central Bank cannot make new notes available, the should allow people to continue using old and new notes. Meanwhile supreme court has removed today's deadline pending determination of the case which comes up on the 15th of this month.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Malory: 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
seriously even my hometown in orlu, people are now selling body part and eating body parts as there is no money embarassed embarassed

Stale.
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by BlazinGlory40: 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pabloma:

May God rule your life the same way Obi rule Anambra state .....Amen!!!!!!

Amen to that Prayer for me. I’m a proud Obi supporter too.
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Enemyofpeace: 3:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
Malory:
They should hasten to make it available. Nigerians are going through a lot right now.
thank your God that you edited Yoruba from your earlier post. I wanted to descend on you.

My wife caught me with her pot of Soup & labelled me a th!ef, just bcoz I was arranging d meat in alphabetical order fa

1 Like

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by fydence: 3:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
jlinkd78:
Emefiele d CBN Governor bungled an otherwise good intention. I foretold this that Las las our old notes will coexist with d new notes d moment I observed people being given old notes over d counter inside d Banks while same time people are queueing to deposit old notes. Emefiele lost his neutrality d moment he expressed interest in partisan politics to contest president. This is d most reasonable thing to do now to ameliorate d suffering and hardship in d land.
Old notes remains legal tender
una go cry tire
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by DMerciful(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
Nobody will collect the old notes after today
TheNiceGuy:
Better.

Until we have enough new notes, the old one remains legal tender.

Thank you council of state
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Shemadex(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
PropertyNR:
Print more notes.

Here's a breakdown of what both candidates did as governors of their respective states.

1. Healthcare
Peter Obi

Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- Upgraded hospitals

2. Education
Peter Obi
- Donated over 30,000 computers, printers and generators to all schools in Anambra.

Tinubu

3. Debt

Peter Obi
Didn't borrow one naira, paid Anambra state debts and saved over 75 billion naira.

Tinubu
Left a debt of over 100 billion naira for Fashola, even after increasing taxes in the state.

Vote Wisely
. Nyinmirin Omo ale

Mumu 75billion for bwrery

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Wildkat02: 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
PropertyNR:
Print more notes.

1. Healthcare
Peter Obi

Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- Upgraded hospitals

2. Education
Peter Obi

Tinubu

3. Debt

Peter Obi

Tinubu

Vote Wisely

Where are those urchins Moh247 fredoooooo and BATified2023 come and see this records
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Pascal9: 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
babaolofin:

You are confusing yourself. What do you expect them to say? To withdraw the new notes and release the old notes back to the public? They have not said anything different from what the common man on the streets and villages are saying.

The old notes remain a legal tender that is the conclusion of the story. If they have spoken otherwise, Nigeria would have started burning. They only help Buhari to cover shame. They don't need to come to villa for this
you are only commenting on what a biased slowpoke posted, the council of state back the CBN governor, check other news,
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Jogs1900: 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pascal9:
how do you people reason, they said that they surport Naira redesign, that CBN should print new notes, or recirculate old notes, now CBN will print new notes, as for old notes it is bye bye because as soon as it enter bank it is on journey of no return
No doubt everybody supports naira redesign but can CBN make available what they don't have?
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Kasamadupe1: 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
jlinkd78:
Emefiele d CBN Governor bungled an otherwise good intention. I foretold this that Las las our old notes will coexist with d new notes d moment I observed people being given old notes over d counter inside d Banks while same time people are queueing to deposit old notes. Emefiele lost his neutrality d moment he expressed interest in partisan politics to contest president. This is d most reasonable thing to do now to ameliorate d suffering and hardship in d land.
Old notes remains legal tender

God bless you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Malory: 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
thank your God that you edited Yoruba from your earlier post. I wanted to descend on you.

My wife caught me with her pot of Soup & labelled me a th!ef, just bcoz I was arranging d meat in alphabetical order fa
Sharap. Your joke is stale.
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Stevosty: 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
The man should be fired already, he can't be a CBN governor and be this incompetent and clueless.

4 Likes

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Ayed44: 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
The era of the old notes has gone for good. There is nothing anybody can do about it. The only reasonable thing left for us now is to come together and put pressure on the CBN to print more new notes.
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by ObaOfYorubaLand: 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
blabulu2000:

Now, the council of state has spoken....these are the real Jagaban of Nigeria as of today, and this present tenure

I wonder what Buhari is planning to do....perhaps he will yield to the whims and caprices of the Nyamiri political cabal called Emefiele at Aso villa

Wonderful, delta people should come and see that you Yorubas regards everyone from old eastern region As Igbo but You Yoruba will also try to call them niger delta whenever you want to separate them from the region.

You're a confused clown 🤡.
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by alimiadedayo1: 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2023
Latakia:
Very wicked and confused man, just like Naanu. He is supporting the naira policy against innocent Nigerians and at the same time telling his gullible followers at campaign rallies using the same naira policy against APC for making people to go through hell at bank ATM.

Thank you Jagaban for that Abeokuta statement on fuel scarcity and new naira palava.
shut up when did jaga balu blue becomes our savior when ASUU is on strike did he tackle the government? when they the economy was inflated Did he sympathize with us? you are a useless youth and they suppose to sacrifice you for ogun.. All politicians are wicked stop extricating that useless sick old man from their wickedness
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Eteka1(m): 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
RESOLUTIONS OF THE NATIONAL COUNCIL OF STATE MEETING TODAY

“So by way of conclusion, the two major resolutions that were driven, arriving from the deliberations of the Council, are one that we are on course as far as election is concerned and we are happy with the level of preparation by INEC and the institutions.

“Two, relating to the naira re-designed policy, the policy stands, but then the Council agreed that there is need for aggressive action on the part of the Central Bank, as it relates to the implementation of the policy by way of ensuring adequate provision being made with regard to the supply of the naira in the system,”
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Pascal9: 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jogs1900:

No doubt everybody supports naira redesign but can CBN make available what they don't have?
are you working in CBN or are you the CBN governor
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by OlawaleBammie: 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Malory:
Stale.
Seriously bro embarassed
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Aurelius1(m): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jogs1900:
Logically, the old notes should still be in circulation..It should not be withdrawn.
Meaning banks can pay out and dispense the old notes over the counter and the ATMs?
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by gloryman91: 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
In Sha Allah, Tinubu will coordinate the next one In Sha Allah.

Emefile a useless man indeed with Mele Kyari and Malami .

2 Likes

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Omenlon: 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

don't mind them. One thing is sure, anybody still supporting this unplanned currency redesign and swap is either a dependent who feeds from his mother's pot or he/she doesn't go out to hustle. anybody who spend money on daily basis won't find joy in this nonsense the useless Emefiele is doing. Those who believed their target is the politicians are as clueless as Emefiele. How many local govts chairmen, Hoa members, reps, senators, or top govts officials go to bank to que? If any of the presidential candidate needs money today
a phone call is all he needs. You poor people keep clapping for Emefiele here while you are suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Jogs1900: 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pascal9:
are you working in CBN or are you the CBN governor
I'm sure of what I'm saying.I won't give you any hint about where I work.CBN don't have the new notes.
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by doneback04: 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2023
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by slivertongue: 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
Malory:
They should hasten to make it available. Nigerians are going through a lot right now.

Its a win win for the govt & CBN. The people had hoped for a suspension or an extension. With this recommendation the CBN will go ahead with her policy by mopping up more and releasing the rest of the redesigned cash which in truth ain't enough. CBN should just tidy up today and release more redesigned into the economy and increase the withdrawal limit to 50k
Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by Jogs1900: 3:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Aurelius1:
Meaning banks can pay out and dispense the old notes over the counter and the ATMs?
Yes because it's obvious the CBN don't have enough new notes.Thats the only thing to do now to ease the tension.Even IMF and World bank are not in support of the deadline.

1 Like

Re: Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes by OlawaleBammie: 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
Omenlon:
don't mind them. One thing is sure, anybody still supporting this unplanned currency redesign and swap is either a dependent who feeds from his mother's pot or he/she doesn't go out to hustle. anybody who spend money on daily basis won't find joy in this nonsense the useless Emefiele is doing. Those who believed their target is the politicians are as clueless as Emefiele. How many local govts chairmen, Hoa members, reps, senators, or top govts officials go to bank to que? If any of the presidential candidate needs money today
a phone call is all he needs. You poor people keep clapping for Emefiele here while you are suffering.
Just keep looking at their foolishness bro

To the. It's a price they must pay to secure the presidency for their candidate.. whereas even if we don't go tru this stress if their candidate is the one to emerge he would still emerge under every circumstances.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Hosts Danny Glover At His Residence (Photos) / Bandits Release Video Of Kidnapped Kaduna Train Victims / Photos: Nairabet CEO, Akin Alabi Pulled Massive Crowd For His Campaign Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.