Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch (10786 Views)

Cash Crunch Hits Ondo, Edo, Kwara, Delta, Plateau, Jigawa, Osun / CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board / New Note Scarcity: ATM Queues Increase In Abeokuta (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Kaa4(m): 12:52pm On Feb 11, 2023
I foresee him going to prison
adler777:
Hmmm... Another financial recklessness courtesy of our ever irresponsible CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele.

His predecessors, Sanusi and Soludo were CBN governors that will be remembered for championing positive banking sector reforms. Emefiele will be remembered for supporting corruption in the banking sector through illegal charges & causing nationwide financial chaos for political reasons... πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Ameoba300: 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2023
Charleys:

I expected this from them, the one they have printed in the country, have you collected it?

90% of francophone countries (Nigeria's neighbours) print their currency abroad.

It's more efficient and at least we have someone to blame when it's not printed right.

Unlike in Nigeria where no one will be blamed for anything.

Black man that loves being given fish cool when would you learn to fish?
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by kwadu01: 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
If they like, make dem go heaven go print am...whatever that has a beginning surely has an end.
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Ameoba300: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2023
WibusJaga:

Think, our #1 problem in this country is bad leadership in all levels of government.

If we carry out an experiment & allow Oyinbo to re-colonise us for just one year, things will change.
Seen many companies that soon as Nigerians took over from Oyinbo, everything started going haywire. cheesy

An experiment won't even suffice, it happened before and it has happened already. During the colonial era, Nigeria had fewer infrastructures but they were all in top-notch shape! The nation was peaceful.

What do we have now?
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by matm: 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
Are there not firms in Nigeria that can help in the printing? or must we always run abroad for everything including printing
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by lawalmovichhhh: 1:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
adler777:

Yes, I blame Buhari, but we all know Buhari has nothing upstairs and it's the information being fed to him by the CBN governor that he's following... So it's primarily Emefiele's handiwork!

Good thinking..
.he has nothing downstairs too
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by arantess: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
Nbote:
A country that prints its money abroad, international passport booklet abroad and even the President's health abroad
"Giant of Africa" oooo

Giant of Africa
Giant of Africa

Nigeria is a laughing stock
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by arantess: 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
Charleys:

I expected this from them, the one they have printed in the country, have you collected it?

90% of francophone countries (Nigeria's neighbours) print their currency abroad.

It's more efficient and at least we have someone to blame when it's not printed right.

Unlike in Nigeria where no one will be blamed for anything.
There's always people like you who justify nonsense always

Your giant of Africa printing her money outside. Refines fuel outside....it's ok with people like you
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2023
lawalmovichhhh:

Good thinking..
.he has nothing downstairs too

LoL πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Wetin him come dey use for za oza room?
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Menclothing: 1:18pm On Feb 11, 2023
Current CBN gov don't have any business to do with country Economy

Where us E naira u use 20billion naira for

He is a failure
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2023
Kaa4:
I foresee him going to prison

It would make sense. He encouraged too much corruption in the banking sector. He has also made a lot of political enemies for himself.
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Nancy225: 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
No need to waste excess money printing money abroad, give the contract to our brothers in Aba and onitsha.
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by NofiuFade(m): 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2023
Kindly report anybody around you or any organization around your area that’s currently rejecting the old notes to nearest police station how can we keep being an enemy to ourselves, spending old notes shouldn’t be our problem for now Nigeria banks should pls as a matter of urgency enables millions Nigerians banking with them to have easy access to their funds!

Masses cannot nd will not continue bearing the effect of you lots failure #Enough
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Originalsly: 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
How can the mint "not have the capacity to print more than N500 b? ". I understand if it doesn't to print that amount within a certain time frame ... but this is something different.... as in it has already printed N500b and can print no more.
Making short sighted decisions.
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by einsteine(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
Nbote:
A country that prints its money abroad, international passport booklet abroad and even the President's health abroad

Israel prints its currency abroad. There is nothing wrong in printing currency abroad.
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by dyera(m): 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2023
josilcool:
Up till now CBN haven't decided on what do concerning this naira scarcity... May God help us

The headline shocked me I swear.
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by laiperi: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2023
Clap for yourself. If Israel can so it, so can Nigeria. What an achievement eh?

A country that cannot securely print its own money is a satellite nor a country

Since many Nigerians are making money out of the misery of the poor on new naira, which is usual for the big boys, I have been wondering when the Foreign exploiters and their accomplices are going to make foreign cash out of this.

They just gave us an answer!

einsteine:

Israel prints its currency abroad. There is nothing wrong in printing currency abroad.
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Bobbiee: 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
YEPA!!!! I KNEW IT! THESE SABOTEURS ARE WORKING FOR FRANCE! ITS BEEN MACRON'S PLAN ALL ALONG! THEY BETTER NOT TAKE OUR MONEY ABROAD OTHERWISE I'LL BURN THIS COUNTRY TO THE GROUND LAST LAST! I had a feeling this was the plan but this just confirms it! Guys! We must print our money in our country! Look at other west African countries that France holds by the balls! Any country that is in charge of our money is in charge of our policies and our lives
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Bobbiee: 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
But wait o! We've been printing our money for decades! APC AND THEIR DEVILISH AGENTS WANTS TO DESTROY THIS COUNTRY LAST LASTS! WE NEED TO FIND THEM ALL AND KILL THEM! For our children's sake! If you don't care about your life or that of your children, stay there and look like a fool!
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Jogs1900: 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2023
adler777:
Hmmm... Another financial recklessness courtesy of the ever irresponsible CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele.

His predecessors, Sanusi and Soludo were CBN governors that will be remembered for championing positive banking sector reforms. Emefiele will be remembered for supporting corruption in the banking sector through illegal charges & causing nationwide financial chaos for political reasons... πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
Our foreign reserve gets drained again by this incompetent CBN governor.
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by imagrg(m): 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2023
Clueless government. undecided
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Elidrisy20: 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2023
I think we have to look inward, I mean let us try Biafra central Bank, beiko
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by 10kgod(m): 6:23pm On Feb 11, 2023
baralatie:

Money go loss
As in the whole money to vamous

LOL grin or make monkey carry the money go bush. Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ grin
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by correctguy101(m): 2:31am On Feb 12, 2023
Ameoba300:
First it was our refineries that wasn't working, so they had to take our crude abroad to process and have us buy it back Now they're taking your currency notes abroad to print.

When you think this administration has broken every record of being a failure, they pop up and keep raising the bar of what failure should look like

Well, it wasn't this administration that started taking crude outside the country for refining.....

All the previous administration are guilty of mismanagimg the wealth of this nation.

The logistics alone for printing this currency abroad will cost a hand and leg....
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by Charleys: 4:29am On Feb 12, 2023
arantess:

There's always people like you who justify nonsense always

Your giant of Africa printing her money outside. Refines fuel outside....it's ok with people like you

Nigeria na incompetent country na.
It's better to do it outside so they can have someone to blame than to do it here where they won't blame anyone.

Or you never hear say some people's house get printing machine back in the day.
Re: New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch by zedegit: 5:01am On Jun 22, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/new-note-crisis-cbn-may-print-naira-abroad-to-ease-cash-crunch/?amp

For once I thought bankers were smart but alas they fall short.

Why not allow the old notes to die off naturally by removing equal amount of the new notes you printed until you reach the total amount?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud / Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities / SEPLAT Contravenes Local Content Policy With Foreign MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.