Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,182 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy (8020 Views)

Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy / Kogi Government Sues EFCC, Demands ₦35 Billion In Damages / Ekiti Government Sues IGP Over Dismissed Pregnant Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by kahal29: 9:35am On Feb 11, 2023
Niger State Government has filed a suit against the Federal government on the Naira redesign policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) at the Supreme Court.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chiefpressngs/status/1624311675640848384

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by duro4chang(m): 9:36am On Feb 11, 2023
Emefiele is the worst CBN governor in the history of Nigeria

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Pay4u: 9:37am On Feb 11, 2023
Ok
Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Cyberterror: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2023
Emefiele is an agent of satan. After Tinubu's inauguration as President, the idiot will be arrested even if he runs to the UK and made to face the wrath of 250 million Nigerians that he is toying with.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by slivertongue: 9:57am On Feb 11, 2023
Unnecessary legal drama

4 Likes

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Penguin2: 10:03am On Feb 11, 2023
duro4chang:

One Executive Order and everybody go dey alright 😏

4 Likes

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by JASONjnr(m): 10:25am On Feb 11, 2023
I wonder why the confusion is set when we understand the constitution of the country, we wouldn't be confused...

The supreme court judgement suppers the CBN policy....

Nigerians can use the both currencies, pending when CBN clears with the supreme court....

The only power that will supercede the supreme order will be the president's executive order for CBN to continue with the deadline...But as it stands today, there is no order from the chief executive officer of the federal republic of Nigeria....

Therefore, the supreme court ruling stands!

The confusion shows that we know little about the constitution that is guiding the entire country.....

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by inoki247: 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
LoL i no even understand the country again which one we go follow like this is our old note still valuable or e don turn paper mak I go dey look the 50k+ old note for πŸ‘€ eye like this cool cool

1 Like

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by PrinceOfLagos: 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
Scared of losing election

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Earlystar698(m): 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
Bring it on
Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by DriveByKiller: 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
duro4chang:
Point

3 Likes

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Hollyharjii: 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by AbuAeesha: 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
Na them sabi
Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Lionnation: 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2023
Cyberterror:
Emefiele is an agent of satan. After Tinubu's inauguration as President, the idiot will be arrested even if he runs to the UK and made to face the wrath of 250 million Nigerians that he is toying with.
and you find a way to exonerate your God buhari

1 Like

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Earlystar698(m): 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2023
Which state fhc wan attend now grin
Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by moscow007: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2023
What an abuse of court process, the Judiciary should use this opportunity to redeem herself.

The NJC should recall or dismiss Justice Ariwoola for allowing the Supreme Court to admit El Rufai's suit in the first instance knowing fully well that monetary policy is under the exclusive list and prerogative of the Federal Govt, hence the states Govt lacks loci standi to even claim dispute and approach the court.
If this abuse is allowed to subsist it will spell doom for any future radical policy of the Federal government that can be beneficial to the masses.

What that means is that any state can sue the Federal Govt and get an injunction to frustrate any Federal policy they disagree with despite being on the exclusive list.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by KingsCity: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2023
Only criminals are suing the federal government over this commendable and laudable policy

4 Likes

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Gabbriell: 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2023
JASONjnr:
I wonder why the confusion is set when we understand the constitution of the country, we wouldn't be confused...

The supreme court judgement suppers the CBN policy....

Nigerians can use the both currencies, pending when CBN clears with the supreme court....

The only power that will supercede the supreme order will be the president's executive order for CBN to continue with the deadline...But as it stands today, there is no order from the chief executive 9f the federal government....

Therefore, the supreme court ruling stands!

The confusion shows that we know little about the constitution that is guiding the entire country.....

CBN is acting based on executive order of the president.
U think say na only CBN governor dey run show He has the full backing of the president.

All this Court this, Court that will not work unless the president decide to rethink the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by PHIPEX(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2023
Emefiele is really dealing with them. At the beginning of this policy Urchins were bragging that it has no effect on the politicians but have you seen Nigerian politicians fight this dirty before? The CBN knows how they used to rig in the past and this policy is a big clog in their wheel.

I bet you, I hope this policy remains, so that at least half of the Governors will loose this election and baba Bulaba. Their hope and faith lies in billions stashed in old currency to buy their way to power.

When politicians depend on our votes to win, they will have no option than to work for us, I stand with the CBN.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by JASONjnr(m): 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2023
Gabbriell:

CBN is acting based on executive order of the president.
U think say na only CBN governor dey run show He has the full backing of the president.

Like I said, if you understand the constitution, you wouldn't say this...

The CBN made a statement.....Based on a new policy of the ACT guiding the CBN.

They're not acting on any executive order....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by UnfairLife7(m): 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2023
Emefiele the wicked man
Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Siwisheswereesh: 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
How piiggiiddioootts are supporting a devilish policy that is also hurting them just because they think it's spoil TInubu's chances at the polls is beyond me

Piiggiidiiootts amaka cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by forgiveness: 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ggabaun
Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by symbianDON(m): 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
These I.di.ots have suddenly found their voices. They don't give a damn about the ordinary Nigerian. Their only worries are about how the scarcity of naira bills is going to affect their chances at the polls. If the governor of Niger State cared so much about his people and Nigerians at large, all the roads leading to his State's capital, which are in the most deplorable states, would have been reconstructed within the space of 8 years that he has been governor!

1 Like

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2023
Hehehehehehehehehe

3 Likes

Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Gabbriell: 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2023
JASONjnr:

Like I said, if you understand the constitution, you wouldn't say this...

The CBN made a statement.....Based on a new policy of the ACT guiding the CBN.

They're not acting on any executive order....

I don't need to understand the constitution to know that the CBN naira design is fully backed by the president.
Unless the president says otherwise these Court cases will be stomped on.
Re: Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy by Siwisheswereesh: 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2023
Gabbriell:

I don't need to understand the constitution to know that the CBN naira design is fully backed by the president.
Unless the president says otherwise these Court cases will be stomped on.

Only a piiggiiddiiooott thinks the FG can disobey a valid court order.

Is the interim exparte order not being obeyed now

Piiggiddiiottts amaka cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. / We Are Ready For Ekiti Governorship Election - Police / β€˜We Must Try To Work The Talk’ – Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.