Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. (8017 Views)

Nigerian Presidents/Heads Of State From 1960 Till Date / FG Must Produce Nnamdi Kanu – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Declares / Corpse Of Abdulkadir Kure Arrives Niger State From Germany. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 9:26am On Jan 18, 2017
I want to use this medium to appeal to the Federal Government Of Nigeria to please consider the creation of an Indigenous state comprising solely of both the Urhobo and Isoko States Respectively. as Bayelsa was created. I believe it is within our constitutional rights as Ethnic nationalities with distinct cultural and social roots in this country. to call on the FG to recognize our uniqueness and create a separate state from Delta state compromising of Urhobo and Isoko.

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Kowor(f): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2017
Give reasons in words less than 100.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by truthonmission: 10:39am On Jan 18, 2017
who will now own warri? next u will ask for ur family to be given a state. niger data are funny.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 1:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
truthonmission:
who will now own warri? next u will ask for ur family to be given a state. niger data are funny.
Warri is predominantly owned by Urhobo.

4 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
Kowor:
Give reasons in words less than 100.
Urhobo/Isoko combined together own a lot of landmass in Delta State. but yet we are still made to beg the other smaller tribes on our land for allocation and jobs. it is not right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by cheruv: 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
Guy the only people that can challenge you in Delta are the Anioma... Help us get a state, and then Delta becomes an urhobo state,with warri as it's capital.

14 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by chriskosherbal(m): 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
Do you think as a nation what we need now is creation of states? hmmmmm well you may have your reasons.

5 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Blue3k(m): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nope half the current states can't even fund themselves. Please resolve beef with state assembly.

4 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by 9jasite: 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
bolaino:
I want to use this medium to appeal to the Federal Government Of Nigeria to please consider the creation of an Indigenous state comprising solely of both the Urhobo and Isoko States Respectively. as Bayelsa was created. I believe it is within our constitutional rights as Ethnic nationalities with distinct cultural and social roots in this country. to call on the FG to recognize our uniqueness and create a separate state from Delta state compromising of Urhobo and Isoko.

We dont need a new state..

...they should send ijaws to bayelsa and Anioma to Anambra

DELTA IS URHOBO AND URHOBO IS DELTA

14 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
cheruv:
Guy the only people that can challenge you in Delta are the Anioma... Help us get a state, and then Delta becomes an urhobo state,with warri as it's capital.
good line of thinking. but the Anioma people lost that privilege when they decided to turn against Urhobo and Impose Okowa on us.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
chriskosherbal:
Do you think as a nation what we need now is creation of states? hmmmmm well you may have your reasons.
yes Thank you I have we have our reasons to clamor for a new state to be created out of the old Delta State. you see Ethnic intolerance in the state is growing by the day and would eventually lead to ethnic war/ ethnic cleansing. but in order for all of this to be avoided Major Ethnic Groups like the Urhobo and Isoko people should be given their own distinct political arena where we can successfully. without bias exercise our fundamental human rights to elect leaders of our choice. which we are currently being denied of, in Delta State.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Kowor(f): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ok. Was this you thought or a general one? If yes what are the leaders doing about it?
bolaino:
Urhobo/Isoko combined together own a lot of landmass in Delta State. but yet we are still made to beg the other smaller tribes on our land for allocation and jobs. it is not right.

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by ScotsReferendum: 5:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
9jasite:

We dont need a new state..
...they should send ijaws to bayelsa and Anioma to Anambra
DELTA IS URHOBO AND URHOBO IS DELTA
Is that how you people steal land in your village.?

9 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
I support 100%! Ijaws in Delta, Edo and Ondo have been agitating for Toru-ibe state.

Enough is enough

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Turakidanjuma(m): 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I support 100%! Ijaws in Delta, Edo and Ondo have been agitating for Toru-ibe state.

Enough is enough

What's wrong in them lumping in Bayelsa....which of course is a failed state that cannot pay it's workers.

13 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2017
We don't need more states in the SS. We don't even need more states in Nigeria.

We need to restructure this country to get six geopolitical regions, not have more states.

Urhobos cannot always have their way in Delta State. Urhobos have had 8 years with Ibori. Itshekiris have had 8 years with Uduaghan. It's now the turn of the Aniomas to have 8 years with Okowa. The governorship should then rotate to the Ijaws and Isokos before the Urhobos get it back.

Deltans can use the diversity in the state to create a model state in Nigeria. But everyone is still playing tribal politics. If them one share Delta, e go reach like 5 places. Anioma go dey one side, Ijaws go dey one side, Itshekiris go dey one side, Isoko go dey one side, because I sure say them no go join Urhobos them. Even the minority groups like the Kwale them go dey grumble if them attach them to any of the split states.

-Lord

8 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2017
LordAdam7:

We need to restructure this country to get six geopolitical regions, not have more states.

Urhobos cannot always have their way in Delta State. Urhobos have had 8 years with Ibori. Itshekiris have had 8 years with Uduaghan. It's now the turn of the Aniomas to have 8 years with Okowa. The governorship should then rotate to the Ijaws and Isokos before the Urhobos get it back.

Deltans can use the diversity in the state to create a model state in Nigeria. But everyone is still playing tribal politics. If them one share Delta, e go reach like 5 places. Anioma go dey one side, Ijaws go dey one side, Itshekiris go dey one side, Isoko go dey one side, because I sure say them no go join Urhobos them. Even the minority groups like the Kwale them go dey grumble if them attach them to any of the split states.

-Lord
bros. the Tribalism has gotten too much in the state. and Isoko is willing to join Urhobo in this quest. I know because I am a member of the APC in Delta State and I have a strong grassroots following here. so we believe this is the solution to the impending crisis that is coming. I will be shocked if ijaw and itshekiri don't start fighting by January ending but I would be more shocked if the FG think all this is just talk.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by 9jasite: 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
LordAdam7:

-Lord

First let me state that you are one intellectual on Nairaland i respect.
that said there is no distinction btw Urhobo & Isoko. Lastly Ijaws are too greedy and selfish. Why on Earth should the SSG and deputy governor hail from the same place.

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
bolaino:
bros. the Tribalism has gotten too much in the state. and Isoko is willing to join Urhobo in this quest. I know because I am a member of the APC in Delta State and I have a strong grassroots following here. so we believe this is the solution to the impending crisis that is coming. I will be shocked if ijaw and itshekiri don't start fighting by January ending but I would be more shocked if the FG think all this is just talk.

No be today crisis start dey happen for Delta.

We'd get through it. Division is not the answer because e no get who 1 even reason that request now.

Anioma wen don dey agitate since Babangida time never get their state na Urhobo/Isoko.

Except say Urhobo 1 join d fight, if not Itshekiri and Ijaw fight no concern the other tribes.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
9jasite:

First let me state that you are one intellectual on Nairaland i respect.
that said there is no distinction btw Urhobo & Isoko. Lastly Ijaws are too greedy and selfish. Why on Earth should the SSG and deputy governor hail from the same place.

Thanks for the reply.

There is a distinction. We may have similar history and culture, but currently Isoko and Urhobo are distinct ethnicities.

That said, the Ijaws know how to get what they want. Urhobos are the largest in Delta. Yet they can't tame the Itsekiris and the Ijaws. Otuaro, Amori and the rest are just figure-heads who are sellouts. The UPU is a toothless bull-dog.

If not, Urhobo should have used its size, clout, and wealth to make alliances that would make them the Fulanis of Delta State who dictate who gets what. So, don't blame the Ijaws who notice the power vacuum and are actively trying to fill it.

The Urhobos and the Isokos are too docile for the hot-blooded Ijaw and Itsekiri ethnicities. Tribalism no be just to fight. Na to dey ruthless, selfish, and decisive. The Ijaws and Itsekiris are all of the above. The Urhobos and Isokos are the complete opposite; which is why they keep losing their lands and spheres of influence to the Ijaws and the Itsekiris.

The Urhobos should stop whining and man up. Delta State is theirs. I can't believe you guys want to even leave Delta State for the Ijaws, Itsekiris or the Aniomas. Na una suppose dey force the others to cry out for help from FG.

-Lord

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by orunto27: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
And call it UZOBO OR ISOBO STATE.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
orunto27:
And call it UZOBO OR ISOBO STATE.

SOBO is the word.

-Lord
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by AnambraDota: 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
Isoko of 2 local government stretching from Ofagbe to Iyede and Oleh with a population of less than 10000 people, 2 bank branches, no industry.

Urhobo of 4 local government with a population of less than 50000 with Ughelli as the biggest city, skeletal economic activity, army of jobless youth boozing, gambling and cult activities.

What are u smoking?

bolaino:

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by 9jasite: 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
AnambraDota:
Isoko of 2 local government stretching from Ofagbe to Iyede and Oleh with a population of less than 10000 people, 2 bank branches, no industry.
[b]
Urhobo of 4 local government [/b]with a population of less than 50000 with Ughelli as the biggest city, skeletal economic activity, army of jobless youth boozing, gambling and cult activities.

What are u smoking?

If you believe that Urhobo have 4 LGA then you don't deserve a reply

3 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by nowpresence(f): 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Yes, I am in support.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by tit(f): 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
We Isokos prefer to go with our Ukwuani sisters.
The Urhobos can form state with the itshekiri.
They both know their way.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by cheruv: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
tit:
The ukwuani is part of Anioma... So I wonder where you isokos are going to tongue

9 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by PDJT: 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
tit:

So you be Isoko?
I have not met an Isoko person, from your estimate what could be the total population of Isoko people?
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by 9jasite: 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
PDJT:

So you be Isoko?
I have not met an Isoko person, from your estimate what could be the total population of Isoko people?

Isoko's alone across Nigeria would be over 3 to 6 Million persons. We are mostly found in cities- Warri, PH, and Lagos
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 8:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
PDJT:

So you be Isoko?

I doubt anybody would be able to give a non-biased semi-accurate population of the Isoko nation. Especially with this idea that we occupy only 2 local government areas and so are not many; forgetting that Isokoland is very dense.

Personally, I think the Isokos should assert influence in Delta. Everything no be by size. But it seems we are content with playing second fiddle to all the other major tribes. Aside Otobo, I don't know any resounding Isoko patriarch that has done much for the ethnicity. Even Ogor, the highest ranking Isoko man in Nigeria, is more concerned about Abuja and PDP than Isoko interests.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by PDJT: 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
9jasite:

Isoko's alone across Nigeria would be over 3 to 6 Million persons. We are mostly found in cities- Warri, PH, and Lagos

3 - 6 million?
That's quite a large number capable of being a nation on its own. I mean in Europe, you have nations that are less than a million(Iceland - about 333k, Liechtenstein - less than 40k, Republic of San Marino - about 33k).
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by darknetcom: 10:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
tahhhh......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Registers 15.6million Members – Oshiomhole / ‘We Must Try To Work The Talk’ – Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo / Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.