Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce (22187 Views)

Donald Duke And Ben Murray Bruce Visit The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road (Pictures) / Currency Redesign: To Extend The Deadline Will Defeat The Aim / EFCC Operatives Storm Osun To Curb Vote Buying - (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by inoki247: 10:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
toprealman:

Doesn't matter. Some people paid the price for where we are today. Two more weeks of hardship won't kill anyone.

Lol two more weeks of hardship when people are supposed to be using dere time to hustle make more money dey are using it to queue at filling station and At the bank and you call that sacrifice.....

Jonathan can Neva roll out this type of stupid policy I voted for Jonathan twice cos I no believe in Dix Buhari sef....

Since the implementation tell me 1 thing wey d thing don add to our economy ordinary 10naira e no reduce from Dollar so which jargons I dey sacrifice for....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Melagros(m): 10:36pm On Feb 11, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
Says someone that is living in the US

What a slowpoke! angry
You de mind am
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by wallarwallar(m): 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2023
Dis idiot albino is in US for years enjoying his life wonder why he can't stay back I n Nigeria to male it work. Useless Man
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by DECLAN2015(m): 10:41pm On Feb 11, 2023
inoki247:
LoL says someone in US not inside the sun to queue for money.....

If he sure for u come home and deliver the message physically in front of people wey queue for Bank if dem no beat u to factory reset....

Don't mind them
I m a dr in the hospital ...see d way people are looking for cash...even the online stuff wahala
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by onegig(m): 10:45pm On Feb 11, 2023
What do you expect from Ben Bruce? Commonsense is far out of reach of a lot of the so caled elites you lots celebrate.

Yeah. He flys personal jet, owns chains of houses, has litany of house helps, drivers so he is out of touch with reality.

Ben Bruce should go to the streets and open his mouth to say the same thing. A large swathe of Nigerians don't even have a bank account and those who even have run on -ve balances or less than 5k in their accounts.

You want the average trader or artisan who makes 1k, spend the 1k on transport, buying food, spending on their kids transportation to go cashless. Swap whatever money you want to swap but people have a right to their petty cash. You now used your incompetence to further improverish an already poor set of people by creating artificial scarcity with your policies to the point they are even short of at least 20% of their income to POS operators in the name of cash swap. An income that even at 100% was never enough with the crazy inflation and prices of things. To now compound such with a meaningless policy reeks of incompetence.

Any single person that thinks cash swap would curb vote buying has no commonsense. You think a Tinubu, Atiku or Peter Obi don't have millions of dollars stuck up somewhere they could swap in the black market to get the needed funds for vote buying? Or their various Agents can't be propped via transfers and downlines settled with other means? Might take an extra step but it's just an easy step of reorganizing how to spread funds.

Emefiele has always been incompetent. Jonathan the incompetent one employed him and Buhari the follow come incompetent one retained him and even renewed his tenure.

Anyone with an iota of brain knew Emefiele lacks capacity to run even a Microfinance bank. Forget Zenith, He was probably propped there as a placeholder due to Sanusi pushing Jim Ovia out and they needing someone they could control.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Paulianfa(m): 10:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
Why won't you support CBN governor, when u gather all the new currency to ursef and family.
While other Nigerian are sleep in the bank just to withdraw their hard earned money...
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
inoki247:
LoL says someone in US not inside the sun to queue for money.....

If he sure for u come home and deliver the message physically in front of people wey queue for Bank if dem no beat u to factory reset....

Siwisheswereesh:

What a slowpoke! angry

See dem, typical of urchins, aways attacking the messenger and not the message....grin grin grin

Urchins reason alike, predictable bunch...grin grin grin

NAIRALAND RESIDENTIAL URCHINS:

lhordspy
FreeStuffsNG
Abdul05
drlateef
satan06
DevilAdvocate
I8Xtians
PandoraObi
heliues
omenkaLives
omenka
LeoDeKing
Ayamed
seunmsg
sarrki

TheChameleon
OsunOriginal
ATLIEN2027
Moh247
KingKO22
ItsTutsi
Zulum500
ASAPFERG
yarimo
JAMO84
JoshTim
TheNiceGuy
KingKO22
drlateef
Pakute
LegendHero
Banbutton
Thinkam
ipobarecriminals
Officialgarri
Cromagnon
BATified2023
Softmirror
ifihearam
Godispeace
SWATMan
Peepydelano
Madridguy
igbotormentor
Okealaaye
Mccullum
idealogical
Honourable1901
CoronaVirusRelo
Zulum500
Praktikals
undisputedKOC
burp18
Ireportlive
leokid866
assholemods
Pandev
brainpulse
GeneralPula
JAMO84
EGodFaDa1
tinsel
Obaofaba
idealogical
KingKO22
peepydelano
LordviccoDaGuru
Wickedfact
oyin44
Jones4190
harqinhola
Kewtt
Reportbutton
BOLATINUBU01
VoteTinubu2023
dajo83
PassingShot
sapele914
NLPoliceWoman
Osidazz19
TakeNigeriaBack
Osidazz19
undisputedKOC
N3TRAL
Mrmb
oikirodah
peepydelano
Faiththatworks
ElSudani
GBTYO
Parachoko
Mickykarim
agarawu1985
Mickykarim
IdiotOjukwu
Aufbauh
thebosstrevor1

The below quote clearly defines urchins:

“Many are destined to reason wrongly, others not to reason at all and some to persecute those who do reason" - Voltaire

https://www.nairaland.com/7313723/some-projects-done-peter-obi
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Thedon22: 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
Benefactors of Emefieles dealings coming to his rescue.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by franchasng: 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2023
aybabz101:
I now know that a significant number of nigerians are hypocrites. We criticize only when the situation is unfavorable to our comfort leaving out facts and reality.

Without being political, this policy is one of the most demonic policies I have witnessed in this country….

This policy has halted numerous businesses and has unleashed hardship on nigerians. A lot of people surviving on POS business have put their shops on locks due to naira scarcity and prices of commodities has been inflated due to naira scarcity. Even bet9ja shops are really struggling to make sales….but they all believe it will curb vote buying….

The truth is that the APC and PDP don’t even need to spend much this time around because of cash scarcity. With 2k they go buy vote tire…

I strongly believe that these parties have these monies in their disposal and this policy will even encourage vote buying

Na #400 i dey use withdraw 2k….

Moreover…d baba wey dey talk dey live for America…..SMH
If this is the price we will pay to elect some credible leaders, let us pay it. It won't last more than 1 month.

Nigerians have endured APC's 7 years of crushing hardship and daily killings, this few weeks of Naira scarcity won't kill us.
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by SamuelLoch: 10:58pm On Feb 11, 2023
aybabz101:
I now know that a significant number of nigerians are hypocrites. We criticize only when the situation is unfavorable to our comfort leaving out facts and reality.

Without being political, this policy is one of the most demonic policies I have witnessed in this country….

This policy has halted numerous businesses and has unleashed hardship on nigerians. A lot of people surviving on POS business have put their shops on locks due to naira scarcity and prices of commodities has been inflated due to naira scarcity. Even bet9ja shops are really struggling to make sales….but they all believe it will curb vote buying….

The truth is that the APC and PDP don’t even need to spend much this time around because of cash scarcity. With 2k they go buy vote tire…

I strongly believe that these parties have these monies in their disposal and this policy will even encourage vote buying

Na #400 i dey use withdraw 2k….

Moreover…d baba wey dey talk dey live for America…..SMH

Have you heard of the term "pareto optimality" before?
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Karnice600: 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

See dem, typical of urchins, aways attacking the messenger and not the message....grin grin grin

Urchins reason alike, predictable bunch...grin grin grin

NAIRALAND RESIDENTIAL URCHINS:

lhordspy
FreeStuffsNG
Abdul05
drlateef
satan06
DevilAdvocate
I8Xtians
PandoraObi
heliues
omenkaLives
omenka
LeoDeKing
Ayamed
seunmsg
sarrki

TheChameleon
OsunOriginal
ATLIEN2027
Moh247
KingKO22
ItsTutsi
Zulum500
ASAPFERG
yarimo
JAMO84
JoshTim
TheNiceGuy
KingKO22
drlateef
Pakute
LegendHero
Banbutton
Thinkam
ipobarecriminals
Officialgarri
Cromagnon
BATified2023
Softmirror
ifihearam
Godispeace
SWATMan
Peepydelano
Madridguy
igbotormentor
Okealaaye
Mccullum
idealogical
Honourable1901
CoronaVirusRelo
Zulum500
Praktikals
undisputedKOC
burp18
Ireportlive
leokid866
assholemods
Pandev
brainpulse
GeneralPula
JAMO84
EGodFaDa1
tinsel
Obaofaba
idealogical
KingKO22
peepydelano
LordviccoDaGuru
Wickedfact
oyin44
Jones4190
harqinhola
Kewtt
Reportbutton
BOLATINUBU01
VoteTinubu2023
dajo83
PassingShot
sapele914
NLPoliceWoman
Osidazz19
TakeNigeriaBack
Osidazz19
undisputedKOC
N3TRAL
Mrmb
oikirodah
peepydelano
Faiththatworks
ElSudani
GBTYO
Parachoko
Mickykarim
agarawu1985
Mickykarim
IdiotOjukwu
Aufbauh
thebosstrevor1

The below quote clearly defines urchins:

“Many are destined to reason wrongly, others not to reason at all and some to persecute those who do reason" - Voltaire

https://www.nairaland.com/7313723/some-projects-done-peter-obi

God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by favour32(m): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2023
God will continue to bless and protect Emefele for his good work for Nigeria.
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by yemmit90: 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

What a slowpoke! angry

Exactly, may he not know peace where ever he is tonight.

I wonder how those we ought to see as role models would be behaving like animals. No one say cashless policy is bad, but the manners in which they intend to implement it is poor. You don't just wake up and impose something on people without looking into economic reality of same people.

I am only with less than 1k now despite having money in my accounts. All POS around me don't have money, ATM at banks don't work, the ones that works is always fill with hundreds of people fighting one another to get their ways. USSD codes hardly works since this madness begins. Mobile apps are manageable but still not good enough this period. 2 days ago, I spent almost an hours waiting for money transferred to be deliver to the seller.

May all those who inflicted this pain on Nigerians and their supporters know no peace in Jesus name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Heffalump(m): 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2023
Tinubu is a very desperate politician. He is the prime target for sure. We saw what he did at the primaries. Such a person cannot lead Nigeria because Buhari's regime will be a child's play in terms of his undemocratic innuendos. There will be chaos every where. God will surely stop the Demon called Tinubu. 2023 will be his retirement year insha allahu.
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by stano2(m): 11:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Fuckingmallam45:
This one wey money no dey so, even if then give some people 500# den go sell their conscience 😆😂, vote buying go sweet die, people are hungry, give them any amount and you see them dancing to the tone. To be frank, they end up helping Tinubu more. If he budgeted 200billion before, na to just use 100billion or less run am.
See the way you are jubilating at the mention of Vote buying, what exactly do you gain from bad governance.
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by iamsolasoul(f): 11:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Army deploy Metal Gear
Nigeria:
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Timmi: 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Buksaylor: 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
Greenishland:
cheesy

For doing this, I have forgiven Buhari all his sins because now,
1. Kidnapping and armed robbery will never happen in Nigeria again

2. Ritual killings will no longer work since there's no enough cash for the spirits to steal and gift the ritualists.

3. Banditry is now past tense

4. Stealing of government money is now past tense.

5. Corrupt politicians will be reduced to nothing.

6. Thuggery will no longer be lucrative.

7. Assassination will no longer be a lucrative business

8. No armed robber will come to your house just to collect 20k and he cannot ask for transfer.

9. No more vote buying

10. Politicians will no longer be extremely rich

11. All the proceeds of kidnapping business collected with the intention of using it to buy arms to deal with Christians will no longer be useful.

Etc.

God bless Emefiele and Buhari because they will soon be the true heroes of our liberty from corruption and Corrupt politicians

Banditry is in low key because the sponsors are busy with election now.
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Toks2008(m): 12:06am On Feb 12, 2023
Jashub:
Abi. The only problem from preventing his plan from succeeding was the corrupt Supreme Court of Nigeria which has lost all sense of justice. undecided

Even at that biko who go collect old notes in large sum at this time angry?

Except they Wan dey do transfer which is easy to trade.

Kidnapping sef go reduce drastically for months to come.
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Naijatalkies(m): 12:07am On Feb 12, 2023
How come people even believe this crap... So you all think politicians don't have the new notes already? These guys have dedicated bank managers.... It disgusting hearing the narrative... Emefiele is just a terrible CBN Gov... Simple

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Toks2008(m): 12:07am On Feb 12, 2023
Greenishland:
cheesy

For doing this, I have forgiven Buhari all his sins because now,
1. Kidnapping and armed robbery will never happen in Nigeria again

2. Ritual killings will no longer work since there's no enough cash for the spirits to steal and gift the ritualists.

3. Banditry is now past tense

4. Stealing of government money is now past tense.

5. Corrupt politicians will be reduced to nothing.

6. Thuggery will no longer be lucrative.

7. Assassination will no longer be a lucrative business

8. No armed robber will come to your house just to collect 20k and he cannot ask for transfer.

9. No more vote buying

10. Politicians will no longer be extremely rich

11. All the proceeds of kidnapping business collected with the intention of using it to buy arms to deal with Christians will no longer be useful.

Etc.

God bless Emefiele and Buhari because they will soon be the true heroes of our liberty from corruption and Corrupt politicians

I totally agree with you. At least these will be reduced to the barest minimum.

Just that many Nigerians have not embraced cashless policy.
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Toks2008(m): 12:09am On Feb 12, 2023
Naijatalkies:
How come people even believe this crap... So you all think politicians don't have the new notes already? These guys have dedicated bank managers.... It disgusting hearing the narrative... Emefiele is just a terrible CBN Gov... Simple

Nah don't get it wrong... It cant eliminate vote buying but it will reduce it drastically.

You have no idea how many billions in old notes these crazy politicians have hidden in their secret locations.
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Bujillion: 1:01am On Feb 12, 2023
I don't know who is mumu in all of these. Tinubu doesn't need the bullion van to buy votes. He already has governors and powerfully rich people behind him, to keep the cash flowing throughout the election. In all these, its the comon man that's being starved of money and livelihood.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by poseidon12: 1:05am On Feb 12, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:

What a slowpoke! angry

So what if he is living in the US?
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Nobody: 1:31am On Feb 12, 2023
Emefiwere has never given a reason for naira redesign to be need to curb vote buying because he knows that ensuring free and fair election is duty of INEC. He has also said they are having difficulties in minting money which has resulted in limiting daily withdrawal for individual to 20k after queuing for a whole day.
Besides, this is not the first time we would be having naira redesign. The only difference now is just that the apex bank is being led by the most incompetent ever.
All of you saying this is to prevent vote buying and targeting Tinubu in the process are giving up yourself as terrorists to poor masses who are at the receiving end of this madness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 12, 2023
Heffalump:
Tinubu is a very desperate politician. He is the prime target for sure. We saw what he did at the primaries. Such a person cannot lead Nigeria because Buhari's regime will be a child's play in terms of his undemocratic innuendos. There will be chaos every where. God will surely stop the Demon called Tinubu. 2023 will be his retirement year insha allahu.

Liar, we who saw what happened in primary didn't see naira and Emefiwere is not in charge of dollars.
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by 2mch(m): 2:14am On Feb 12, 2023
All the major 3 candidates have all the new notes they need. They are the main customers for these banks. You are only making people desperate enough to sell their votes for very cheap. This will only affect the common man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Minjim: 2:34am On Feb 12, 2023
ImoleNaija:
Only God could save this nation. People who try to do are always nailed to the cross by the mumu Nigerians manipulated by selfish politicians.

You're mumu

What he try to do?
He made us buy our own hard earn money because of an ill-prepared hasty policy.
Even Emefiele has admitted his errors but you fools are still leaking his ass thinking the pain he's causing Nigerians will favour your candidate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by Nlkay(m): 2:37am On Feb 12, 2023
President Buhari might just be about to write his name in gold in history for this blessed nation.
It's left for the populace to grab this opportunity for their emancipation.
Re: Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce by stepaside2: 2:53am On Feb 12, 2023
Has this guy paid off the N11billion loan he is owing AMCON? Ordinary people's money that he and the greedy bankers took and have not returned? What of the several livelihoods of those impacted by their reckless and selfish lifestyles? Easy to come talk like saint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

103 Civilian-JTF Members Join Army; Receive Cash, Plots Of Land / Chop I Chop: Pro-corruption Campaign Of Igbinedion Of PDP For Atiku — Ogundamisi / Poland, Bulgaria, Slovakia Deny Plans To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.