Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Only God Can Protect - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only God Can Protect (114 Views)

Heavy Shock. From HIV Positive To HIV NEGATIVE. Only God Can Do This. / Is There Really Anything God Can To Restore Leah Sheribu's Lost Years? / Things You Never Thought God Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Only God Can Protect by kpakpandoN(m): 7:35am On Feb 12, 2023
I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
Psalm 3:5

The Bible passage above says that you sleep and wake up because God sustains you. No matter how strong you are, if your enemies cannot defeat you when you are awake, they can defeat you when you are asleep. You may say, ‘Oh, I have bodyguards watching over me 24/7’. There are enemies that bodyguards cannot even see, not to talk of fight. Could your bodyguards have protected you from Coronavirus? In any case, even the best bodyguards sleep too. In 1 Samuel 26:5-16, King Saul was sleeping and Abner – a warrior so mighty that even David respected him, was supposed to be guarding the king, but he fell asleep also. David came and on seeing them both sleeping, took the king’s spear and water bottle away. In the morning, he cried to the king and showed him that even with the best of bodyguards, he could have lost his life the previous night. No matter how many people you have guarding you, without God, you are not safe.

A few years ago, we had just finished the convention on a Sunday and that night, around 2 a.m., I went out, walking through the camp and thanking the Almighty God for what He had done. For a long while, I didn’t see a single guard. Finally I saw one sprawled on a chair, fast asleep. He had another chair beside him so I sat on it. In his effort to drive mosquitoes away while still sleeping, he nearly slapped me, so I got up and left. The second guard I saw was not even pretending – he spread out four chairs, removed his shoes and lay down. Now, even if they were awake, could they really prevent any evil from happening unless the Lord helps them? Indeed, except the Lord keeps a city, those who watch over it do so in vain (Psalm 127:1).

Thank God that we have a Father who never sleeps. He is the only One who can really protect you and yours.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: Only God Can Protect by Righthussle: 7:53am On Feb 12, 2023
Yes

(1) (Reply)

The Fullness Of Righteousness / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 60. / The Law Of Psychological Acceptance...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.