Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,403 members, 7,836,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Served Boss 14years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Served Boss 14years (557 Views)

14years old girl troubling her mum. / My Brother's Wife Served Me With Just A Meat Instead Of Two Meats / Woman Reveals What Her Husband Did When She Served Him Food Without Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Served Boss 14years by akpunda86: 8:53am On Feb 12, 2023
Hallo family.there is this guy in my neighbourhood have served the boss 14 years,but last 5 years the boss became incapacitated,so this young man baths him,changes his diapers ,feeds him and all his sons are gone with dr kids to different parts of the country.So this guy wants the boss to buy a mini bus shuttle for him ,at same time he be looking after the boss,this the boss is married with 3rd wife on row and the man settled his driver staying with him with millions of Naira last year.
My guy major fear now wch I don't blame him is dat he might wake up oneday and see his boss dead and that is all he achieved in life gone like dat.so he wanna beg d boss.
Cos if his boss goes today,his kids no get time they are all like vultures waiting for the red flag.

I pity my friend but wish can bring it up here maybe any suggestions I'll pass 2 him.
I told him to let his boss know dat for better for worse he will be with him.if the guy goes no person can do the job he z doing.

A case like his played out in wch a driver benefitted from his boss,travelled to UK , USA with boss 4 years ,boss was buried in UK,driver came bk said can't stay without family,he was willed a house in Enugu.the man NVR had sons but had 3 daughters.

Serving a rich man long eida Ur lucky or unlucky
Re: Served Boss 14years by brightest5050: 8:59am On Feb 12, 2023
The Boss settling the driver and haven't settled your friend yet what comes to my mind is the brother that expressed his distain on his father on why he killed the fattest calf to celebrate the return of the prodigal son when infact the father has not as much killed even the smallest calf to celebrate the loyal son. The father replied "...Son thou art ever with me, and all I have is thine."

I would advise your friend to reaffirm his loyalty to his Boss and to stand by him for better or for worse and to act like a good son, the fact that it seem like the Boss has not settled your friend does not mean that he has not or considered putting things in place to make sure that the interest of your friend is best protected when he is away or to really settle your friend (more than he had earlier planned before now) upon his recovery, for standing strong for his Boss.

Your friend should have faith, what he has not seen is far greater and better than his current circumstance(s). He should continue to be loyal and pray and work towards the full and total recovery of his Boss.
Re: Served Boss 14years by easytig(m): 8:59am On Feb 12, 2023
You need to buy brighter Grammer cos ur written English is a nightmare.

2 Likes

Re: Served Boss 14years by akpunda86: 9:13am On Feb 12, 2023
easytig:
You need to buy brighter Grammer cos ur written English is a nightmare.

Take it as u see it not my language,inugo Obu asusu Ndi OCHA Ara nyere Anyi ohhh

1 Like

Re: Served Boss 14years by Richy4(m): 9:26am On Feb 12, 2023
<<And the wives, were they incapacitated as well?
<<If he wants to be a caregiver, then he should be paid for it.. that is different from business internship (AKA boy boy)
<< If he thinks a polygamous will is going to favour him, he should think twice..By the time all the kids assembled he might not have anything to inherit...If the man dies Intestate, wahala for him..
Re: Served Boss 14years by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 12, 2023
These Igbo boy boy system sef,

Why the heck will a human serve another human for years just to learn a trade? To what end? Last I read of such was in the Old Testament, in this 21st century people still subject themselves to such? Wasted 14years of your life, only to end up taking care of him hoping and praying he doesn't die without paying you? smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Served Boss 14years by akpunda86: 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
Some comments here for me wrong my guy is not an apprentice,is a househelp that they employed that have stayed years with them.
On the wives,one late ,he divorced the other but married to third before he became incapacitated.for the driver,worked with him 25 years.
Iv adviced d guy to be patient,surely d boss will settle him but he z scared wat if he dies in his sleep.
I feel for him shaaaa
Re: Served Boss 14years by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
Jovialjune1:
These Igbo boy boy system sef,

Why the heck will a human serve another human for years just to learn a trade? To what end? Last I read of such was in the Old Testament, in this 21st century people still subject themselves to such? Wasted 14years of your life, only to end up taking care of him hoping and praying he doesn't die without paying you? smh.

Where did you see the "Igbo boy boy" in this case, you piggy tribalist

Don't you make use of maids/house boys wherever you come from?
He's been with the man as a helper/house boy!

He didn't tell you he's learning any work from the man, but your tribalistic mindset immediately went that direction as you noticed the person involved is Igbo.
Re: Served Boss 14years by akpunda86: 12:12pm On Feb 12, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

He didn't tell you he's learning any work from the man, but your tribalistic mindset immediately went that direction as you noticed the person involved is Igbo.
Thank u very much
Re: Served Boss 14years by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 12, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Where exactly does it say he's a house boy you piggy dolt The word "serve" that op used, doesn't it also mean "boy boy"?

Who else does boy boy if not Igbo people? What exactly is the correlation between boy boy and house help? With the limited sense you have, is it every household that make use of househelp?

You assumed as well as I assumed, yet you have the guts to quote me to type trash, you need a brain check.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Served Boss 14years by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:00am On Feb 13, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Where exactly does it say he's a house boy you piggy dolt The word "serve" that op used, doesn't it also mean "boy boy"?

Who else does boy boy if not Igbo people? What exactly is the correlation between boy boy and house help? With the limited sense you have, is it every household that make use of househelp?

You assumed as well as I assumed, yet you have the guts to quote me to type trash, you need a brain check.

This guy's case is quite different from the "boy boy" you have in mind.
He's only serving/helping his master(a 'big man'), and not learning any trade from him, as you wrongly assumed.

However, for your information, this so-called "boy boy" you detest so much(because it's being practiced by the Igbos) is simply a form of internship which is well recognized and practised in many professions all over the world.

In the medical profession, your "boy boy" comes into play during medical internship for newly qualified professionals and in residency training for postgraduate studies.

It's a form of learning through a hands-on/practical experience.

Do not let your tribalistic mindset make you oppose what you don't understand.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Personal Security / Toni Eghosa-kruz Ewone | 15 Nuggets To Becoming Better Nigerians In 2012 / What Makes You Tolove Your Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.