Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin (1609 Views)

Ganduje Confused, My Political Son That Can’t Look At Me Directly – Kwankwaso / Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo's Grand Son, Seyi Awolowo Is Obidient / Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by kettykin: 10:46am On Feb 12, 2023
Sammy07:

What are you saying?

How exactly is Fulani controlling Ilorin?

I thought the emir of illorin is Fulani, but i think Fulani have looked beyond illorin and are eyeing controlling the economic engine of Nigeria which is Lagos via very strategic investment and control of the energy powering and lubricating the city. God bless the Fulanis for their foresight in creating Abuja and moving Abuja to the fore front of administration of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Sammy07: 10:47am On Feb 12, 2023
Biodun556:

He is the emir of Ilorin. You can shed more in light if we are missing anything

Are warri people Benin?
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Sammy07: 10:48am On Feb 12, 2023
kettykin:

I thought the emir of illorin is Fulani, but i think Fulani have looked beyond illorin and are eyeing controlling the economic engine of Nigeria which is Lagos via very strategic investment and control of the energy powering and lubricating the city. God bless the Fulanis for their foresight in creating Abuja and moving Abuja to the fore front of administration of Nigeria

Their problem bro
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Sammy07: 10:49am On Feb 12, 2023
samsononyilo:

Ok, good to know that the emir is not the only first class chief..

I think they are about 8 or 10.

I'm not from kwara state, so I'm not sure about others

1 Like

Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by blabulu2000: 10:50am On Feb 12, 2023
Sammy07:

Emir of ilorin
Olofa of Offa
Olomu of Omu aran
Etsu of lafiagi

Are first-class kings that I know off

Emir of Ilorin is the head of them all...

If Any prominent person like the president enters Kwara state today ...I'm sure the only traditional king that he will visit is the Emir of Illorin...the rest will be briefed in the communique
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Biodun556(m): 10:51am On Feb 12, 2023
Sammy07:

Are warri people Benin?

Yoruba and Fulani are two different groups with unrelated culture
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Sammy07: 10:54am On Feb 12, 2023
blabulu2000:

Emir of Ilorin is the head of them all...

If Any prominent person like the president enters Kwara state today ...I'm sure the only traditional king that he will visit is the Emir of Illorin...the rest will be briefed in the communique

Likely
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Sammy07: 10:54am On Feb 12, 2023
Biodun556:

Yoruba and Fulani are two different groups with unrelated culture

What's your point exactly?
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by samsononyilo(m): 10:57am On Feb 12, 2023
Sammy07:

I think they are about 8 or 10.

I'm not from kwara state, so I'm not sure about others

Ok, thanks..
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Biodun556(m): 11:15am On Feb 12, 2023
Sammy07:

What's your point exactly?

Oba of Lagos, oba of warri are of Benin descendants. Both were Benin princes. Oba of Benin is a son of Oodua. Warri are itsekiri and they speak Yoruba. You can see the correlation.

But the Fulanis of Ilorin were from Sokoto and Katsina. Giving that Fulani in recent times don't have good reputation. They kidnapped and kill people everywhere. These will always bring resentment
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Biodun556(m): 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
B
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by EmekaA125(m): 12:48pm On Feb 12, 2023
It's gone and lost forever.

Yorubas can never reclaim Ilorin.

Afonja idiotic fools.
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by EmekaA125(m): 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2023
Biodun556:

Oba of Lagos, oba of warri are of Benin descendants. Both were Benin princes. Oba of Benin is a son of Oodua. Warri are itsekiri and they speak Yoruba. You can see the correlation.

But the Fulanis of Ilorin were from Sokoto and Katsina. Giving that Fulani in recent times don't have good reputation. They kidnapped and kill people everywhere. These will always bring resentment
Which Warri speak Yoruba? Be fooling and deceiving yourself. Warri speak Urhobo and there's no semblance of Yoruba in their dialect. Losers
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Biodun556(m): 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2023
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by oyatz(m): 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2023
fman:
and the commoners are of Yoruba
In a Yoruba land

If you have not lived in Ilorin before, you may not understand the town.

The present traditional institution started as a Theocracy under Islam and after 200 years of practice, most of the present indigenes of Ilorin are now mixed blood (Yoruba, Fulani, Nupe, Baruba and to some extent ,Hausa).
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Biodun556(m): 8:29pm On Feb 12, 2023
oyatz:

If you have not lived in Ilorin before, you may not understand the town.

The present traditional institution started as a Theocracy under Islam and after 200 years of practice, most of the present indigenes of Ilorin are now mixed blood (Yoruba, Fulani, Nupe, Baruba and to some extent ,Hausa).

They are mixed blood but the facts still remains

Let Ilorin Emirate balance the traditional authority to appease the defendant. After all of them are now Muslims no more paganism
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Biodun556(m): 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
N
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Tochi3(m): 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
A bait.. grin
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Sammy07: 9:51pm On Feb 12, 2023
EmekaA125:

Which Warri speak Yoruba? Be fooling and deceiving yourself. Warri speak Urhobo and there's no semblance of Yoruba in their dialect. Losers

There are itsekiri in Warri.
You as an outsider can't hear them.
A Yoruba man from Ogun, Ondo can understand it.
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Biodun556(m): 10:02am On Feb 13, 2023
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by oyatz(m): 9:35am On Feb 15, 2023
Biodun556:

They are mixed blood but the facts still remains

Let Ilorin Emirate balance the traditional authority to appease the defendant. After all of them are now Muslims no more paganism

You are 100% correct!
Re: Late Muhammed Lawal, Afonja Grand Son that Lost A Bid To Reclaim Ilorin by Burruchaga71(m): 10:01am On Feb 15, 2023
Olachase:
nope that's a big lie bro fulani only control one community and that community is close to Northern border
Why must they control one community in first place?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taking A Break From The Forum / Peter Obi Wins Eti Osa LGA / INEC Defends Tinubu’s Election As President, Ask Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, LP Pet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.