Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals (21009 Views)

New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum / January Will Be Tough, Spike In COVID-19 Infections Imminent – NCDC / COVID-19 Death Figures Are Just 10% Of. Real Figure, Says Reliable Sources. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by shaqhead: 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2023
olumide4christ:

In reality, there's nothing fallacious about the report. I bought a full tank of fuel this morning at Mobil, Obafemi Awolowo way, Ikeja. The attendants said they would only sell fuel if we had the new notes. POS wasn't working. These filling stations on a normal day, before this naira scarcity, always have POS available and working. Those who didn't have new notes and were banking on using POS had to leave the station without fuel, despite the fact that there wasn't a long queue.

The same thing happened on 2 occasions last week and 2 weeks ago when I filled my tank at the filling station. Only those of us with new notes could buy fuel. The attendants claimed that there was no POS.

Just yesterday, a doctor here on Nairaland on one of the front page threads, claimed that a lot of patients coming to the hospital were looking for scarce cash.
This is what ordinary are confronted with. This same thing happened last week when my church couldnt buy fuel with transfer and had to find a way to source for cash cos the Gen was running on empty. This is what people keep saying but some people want us to just accept their nonsense policy implementation hook line and sinker.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by shaqhead: 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2023
Queendera:
you said emergency and still go ahead and say why did they wait.

Who dey actually do some of una bayii?
I tire o!
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by lexy2014: 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I had a similar experience at petrol stations in Lagos but not as harsh as being portrayed. I do 70% of my transactions electronically. Those in the rural areas too use USSD codes to transfer money. The old naira notes are still being accepted with a few doing cash. I'm happy you're from.Oshogbo. That means you'd know the friday market on Ife outskirts, before getting to the akara market/OUI. I Always transfer to those women selling foodstuffs, including elubo sellers.

It's just that, you can't access new.notes in large sum. Everything is being monitored. If you must access a large sum, do transfer electronically or visit the bank. Politicians are cash crunch, hence the propaganda. Its not so hard a situation as they're portraying it

How is it propaganda? Do nigerians have access to cash?
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by lexy2014: 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2023
udeh3:
So, you can see how wicked some Nigerians are in a bid to destroy this policy. It's on record now that kidnapping has heavily reduced. And surely vote buying will be reduce to bearest minimum.

Sue the bastard hospital. This is the madness we're trying to curb. Let our economy go cashless. Some Nigerians are too dumb

From BVN to NIN, you won't see them registering on time on till the deadline. We're so adamant until we're pushed

The CBN is on the right cause. I pray they fight to the end

Why should the nigerian economy go cashless?

If it has to, is it by stampeding everyone into doing it?

Is it the job of cbn to stop kidnapping and vote buying?

What are the benefits of the BVN and NIN to the ordinary nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by VinnyBaba: 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2023
Queendera:
you said emergency and still go ahead and say why did they wait.

Who dey actually do some of una bayii?

Within that Short time Frame, One can still Quickly put some Cash together B4 leaving the House. 🤔

Depending on Hospital POS or Transfer is a Gamble, Esp in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by wallarwallar(m): 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
IslamIsIdiotic:
APC wants Nigerians to crawl to the polling units on their hands and knees in a state of complete humiliation and desperation, hungry and thirsty for the handouts which APC will throw to them, the way one throws bones to a hungry dog. APC wants this because APC doesn’t care about the pain and suffering it is inflicting on Nigerians.

Nigerians, your destiny is in your hands. If APC wins the upcoming presidential elections, just know that God has washed His hands off Nigeria.

Na God go punish u and ur type... Double mouth people na una dey praise d policy say no going back buhari has done well with bastard emefele jst 4 useless reason vote buying and millions dey suffer but na dey here again dey condem same thing na dey praise.. Every1 dat put pain on Nigerians jst for dere own selfish and personal war wud not die well plus every1 dat is supporting dem
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by Charly68: 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
May their blood be upon the.CBN Governor and his co-travellers ..
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by victorVIC1(m): 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2023
I hope our fellow countrymen will look beyond tribe and religion in this forth coming. As we can see the current overwhelming suffering across the country does not give a damn about your tribe and religion when it hits you
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by prigoz(m): 9:30pm On Feb 12, 2023
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/naira-scarcity-death-figures-spike-in-hospitals/
Upon all these glaring evidences, people still have mind to vote for APC. It shall never be well with anybody that voted, and will vote APC again, may his life and family be like Nigeria economy under APC. So shall it be
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by Moz22: 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hendrixky:
Vote wisely...this election revealed alot about the yorubas that they are tribalistic.
They have been exposed.

Because as at the time Buhari was sick and travelling for medical attention we all was clamouring for him to hand over to a healthy and vibrant Osinbajo. We regretted our action of being stupid to elect a sick old man

But now we have a vibrant and healthy Peter obi contesting but the yorubas because of tribalism wants us to install tinubu again knowing fully well that the world will mock us. The world knows that Buhari is even more healthier than him

The worse part of it is that the pain and memory of the incessant travel for medical check up by Buhari is still very fresh in our mind.not like it happened 20 years ago. It just happened yesterday..
Na wa for yoruba people. They have been exposed completely

rest.. you could have made your point without mentioning a particular tribe. I'm yoruba and a staunch obi follower and I know many other yorubas that are for the movement. Don't further divide this country
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by HellVictorinho7: 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
Kobonaire4:

At the end of the day, whoever we vote...cashless is in our future.

And no, I am not voting for Obi or tinubu..or atiku
cashless my ass, spits.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by descarado: 9:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
Sensationalism.
Who uses cash in hospital when there is pos in all hospitals.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by HellVictorinho7: 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
lexy2014:

Why should the nigerian economy go cashless?

If it has to, is it by stampeding everyone into doing it?

Is it the job of cbn to stop kidnapping and vote buying?

What are the benefits of the BVN and NIN to the ordinary nigerian?
it is unfortunate
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by descarado: 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2023
lexy2014:

You don't need cash to go to any hospital in Nigeria. Just go with your card.
Uou no wan do that, na uour problem.
Enough if this.

Even remotest village hospitals and maternity entries uses pos. They are in union and during meetings there is always sensitization for members to use pos. Any hospital that refused, their problem.
Even frozen food sellers, meat sellers, those that sell rice,beans etc in bags inside market as far back as 2012 in lagos uses pos. The same in other places
Enough of these please.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by lexy2014: 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
descarado:

You don't need cash to go to any hospital in Nigeria. Just go with your card.
Uou no wan do that, na uour problem.
Enough if this.

Even remotest village hospitals and maternity entries uses pos. They are in union and during meetings there is always sensitization for members to use pos. Any hospital that refused, their problem.
Even frozen food sellers, meat sellers, those that sell rice,beans etc in bags inside market as far back as 2012 in lagos uses pos. The same in other places
Enough of these please.

Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by asanausana91: 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
shaqhead:

If this is your approach, hmmm...you will shut down 90% of our government hospitals i tell you. You are still back to where you started from-suffering the masses. The policy is a good policy but woefully implemented. This is th3 problem with gov't. So many good policies but the implementation defeats the purpose of the policy. How do you retrieve 3trn and print 300bn...where is th3 sense in that? Ain't we suppose to gradually over a period of a year ease into the cashless policy as people and systems adjust but the Emefieles of this world lack this simple sense.
do you know when this cashless policy started? Since the time to Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the CBN governor. Nigerians are too corrupt, anything that will block their corrupt money is not well come.
The corrupt politicians who stashed money in their houses don't want this cashless program.
We must support the government to fight these corrupt elites if we really want to have a future for our children.
If we can adopt online transmission of results, I don't see any reason why we should not adopt cashless policy in all government ministries and institutions.
Imagine you paying bribe to a policeman using your bank apps. The policeman will not collect that bribe.
People are just selfish.
With this cashless program we will be able to get the record of how much the politicians spend on campaign, and we'll be able to hold them responsible if they exceed the amount allowed by the law.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by UNDFTD: 10:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
There was once a country and then there is a ZOO!
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by Goldbw122(m): 10:07pm On Feb 12, 2023
I want to buy something today, I didn't have cash and they don't accept transfer so what I did was go home and relax... Na so Nigeria come be now
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by tomdon(m): 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
Buhari want to kill enough Nigerians before going
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by shaqhead: 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
asanausana91:
do you know when this cashless policy started? Since the time to Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the CBN governor. Nigerians are too corrupt, anything that will block their corrupt money is not well come.
The corrupt politicians who stashed money in their houses don't want this cashless program.
We must support the government to fight these corrupt elites if we really want to have a future for our children.
If we can adopt online transmission of results, I don't see any reason why we should not adopt cashless policy in all government ministries and institutions.
Imagine you paying bribe to a policeman using your bank apps. The policeman will not collect that bribe.
People are just selfish.
With this cashless program we will be able to get the record of how much the politicians spend on campaign, and we'll be able to hold them responsible if they exceed the amount allowed by the law.
Any right thinking Nigerian will see the benefits but THE PRESENT REALITY where a beautiful policy is grossly marred by this UNNECESSARY harship is a No No! This is not rocket science! Let the government deal with all the people who have stashed money but putting people through this much hardship makes the policy "nonsense"! This is akin to burning the building because you want to catch few rats!

Is the Nigeria the first country to redesign its currency? Is the Nigeria the first country going cashless? No

So my question remains why do we have to suffer needlessly because of a policy that could be implemented hitch free?

Anyway, its in this country that we were told to link our NIN with our phone numbers and kidnappers will miraculously disappear right! Do you remember how Nigerians suffered? Do you remembered how Nigerians suffered to get BVN number? To what end?

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by Nathaniel111(m): 11:21pm On Feb 12, 2023
KalakutaRepub:
Isn't this sensational?

Before now hospitals accepted transfers without issues. Now suddenly they refused transfers so that their hospitals will be empty?

I suspect this is very fake news.

Oga there is nothing fake in this story.
A cashless policy in a corrupt and underdeveloped country like Nigeria cant work.

Hospitals prefer to be paid in cash simply because Nigeria electronic banking system has suddenly become worse since the January 31st.

Most bank mobile/Internet transfers now takes more than 24hrs to reflect payment into recepient account.

Hospitals are also aware that some heartless Nigerians are moving around with the fake mobile money transfer apps in their phones to defraud, thus they demand for physical cash wish is now "Gold" in Nigeria.

I have made a transfer of 210k to my wife's Zenith bank account since on Wednesday 8th of February, i have been debit for the said amount but the bank failed to credit the recepient's account.

Its just an act of wickedness.
Nothing is going to change if we continue this way.
Do we keep changing the Naira Notes prior to elections every 4 years?
HELL NO!
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by Burgerlomo: 11:37pm On Feb 12, 2023
This is heartbreaking
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by KalakutaRepub: 12:10am On Feb 13, 2023
Nathaniel111:

Oga there is nothing fake in this story.
A cashless policy in a corrupt and underdeveloped country like Nigeria cant work.

Hospitals prefer to be paid in cash simply because Nigeria electronic banking system has suddenly become worse since the January 31st.

Most bank mobile/Internet transfers now takes more than 24hrs to reflect payment into recepient account.

Hospitals are also aware that some heartless Nigerians are moving around with the fake mobile money transfer apps in their phones to defraud, thus they demand for physical cash wish is now "Gold" in Nigeria.

I have made a transfer of 210k to my wife's Zenith bank account since on Wednesday 8th of February, i have been debit for the said amount but the bank failed to credit the recepient's account.

Its just an act of wickedness.
Nothing is going to change if we continue this way.
Do we keep changing the Naira Notes prior to elections every 4 years?
HELL NO!
That's Zenith bank bro. I've been using all my accounts with other banks wella.

Let's stay on track. This hospital issue is a fake as fuk. Every other thing you said about fake transfers is correct.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by AFONJACOW(m): 2:39am On Feb 13, 2023
Let them die. Let them suffer.. suffer no dey tire all of them.. Jagaban must win and continue with buhari wickedness

Somalia will be a child play after this election
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by descarado: 5:36am On Feb 13, 2023
lexy2014:

You don't need cash to do anything. As long as you have your bank card, you are good to go.

Even in the market, they have pos. How cone market people have not protested?
I have been buying cashless in the market since 10yrs ago. From idumota to fish and meat seller. Even street markets. Make we here jor.
Making a mountain out of molehill.
Nigeria should continue going backwards cos of some disgruntled elements. People tht are crying more are politicians and we know why.

Go and get your bank cards and stop complaining.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals by lexy2014: 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
descarado:

You don't need cash to do anything. As long as you have your bank card, you are good to go.

Even in the market, they have pos. How cone market people have not protested?
I have been buying cashless in the market since 10yrs ago. From idumota to fish and meat seller. Even street markets. Make we here jor.
Making a mountain out of molehill.
Nigeria should continue going backwards cos of some disgruntled elements. People tht are crying more are politicians and we know why.

Go and get your bank cards and stop complaining.

1. How is it propaganda?

2. Do nigerians have access to cash?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

298 New COVID-19 Cases, 207 Discharged And 1 Death On August 16 - (2,036 Tested) / How To Get Rid Of Brown And Crusty Toe Nails / Expect 100% Hike In Drug Prices, PSN Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.