Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,621 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency (26383 Views)

Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store / Jumia Dispatch Rider Punches & Manhandles Customer For Rejecting An Item (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by baralatie(m): 5:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
FlipModeSquade:
So,the State government no fit force them?
But they can force one local Supermarket?
When the banks are still collecting old notes?
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2023
baralatie:

When the banks are still collecting old notes?
Which banks?
Name them and the branches..
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by faceland: 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
SuperStriker:

Which overnight are you talking about? Government has been shouting since last year asking people to take their old notes to the bank so why have some people refused to do so ?

Is it not January 9th it came out?
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by Raheeqilmaktoom: 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
baralatie:

When the supreme court rules otherwise on the 15th.
Then anybody can do anyhow
Beyond that
The old money remains legal

And saying I won't collect the old money doesn't make me or my business a criminal entity, go to places accepting the old notes.

People being cautious in situations where ambiguity reings is no crime.
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 12, 2023
Gov Gadunje should understand the Bank are regulated by the CBN not the Supreme Court, if the CBN have not giving directives, the Bank would have to maintain the Status Quo and if the Bank isn't accepting old currency , is it the Supermarket that would now bear the loss ..
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by poseidon12: 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
Aldol:

This bolded is my major fear for Obi emerging as President, imagine supporting evil policy of emefiele because it's their kinsman,imagine if the Cbn governor was a Northerner or from Southwest he'll would have been let loose

You are free to vote for Tinubu the thief. Patriot and decent Nigerians will vote for Peter Obi.
The Naira swap policy is in the best interest of Nigeria. The problem is the implementation. It will get better gradually.
The policy will reduce corruption, kidnapping and terrorism. It will also make it difficult for criminal politicians to buy votes.

1 Like

Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by bassdow: 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
yarimo:
Hope you know with what you type exposed you as illiterate . It's legal until court rules on the matter and the rulling is in cbn favor before it cease to be legal tender

...but banks only takes directives from the apex bank which is CBN. me I kukuma changed and stacked up 100 naira and 50 naira denominations since November last year. At the moment, I have over 30,000 naira + enough food stuffs to last us 3-monthhs. hopefully before then, this issues would have returned to normalcy.

I knew there might be issues, but not of this nature. Nigerians need learn to be proActive. Glad una never blame God yet
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by agabaI23(m): 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
yarimo:
Hope you know with what you type exposed you as illiterate . It's legal until court rules on the matter and the rulling is in cbn favor before it cease to be legal tender
Be guided. APC is confusing the masses

Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by Ubdavis(m): 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:
Old naira is no longer a legal tender and not acceptable for deposit in banks. Don't let any APC governor deceive you

But I deposited my old notes on Saturday!! First Bank of Nigeria, Kuje Abuja, Nigeria. I also use it as a means of exchange for goods and services right about now..
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by ikdaddy01(m): 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2023
Na dem collect highest. They need to force the spending
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by ufotunang: 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2023
baralatie:

You think any bank in Kano will reject old notes?
..they said banks are rejecting old naira notes.... that they have not received any directive from CBN for them to accept the old naira notes after the February 10th deadline
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by ufotunang: 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2023
baralatie:

Kano state has gone to supreme court against the federation
..ok that is good...it's CBN governor fault he said no enough papers for them to print new naira notes.,..
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by yarimo(m): 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2023
agabaI23:
Be guided. APC is confusing the masses
I am just telling you constitutional wise , if you like learn if you like don't. Na ya business be dat
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by yarimo(m): 5:53pm On Feb 12, 2023
bassdow:

...but banks only takes directives from the apex bank which is CBN. me I kukuma changed and stacked up 100 naira and 50 naira denominations since November last year. At the moment, I have over 30,000 naira + enough food stuffs to last us 3-monthhs. hopefully before then, this issues would have returned to normalcy.

I knew there might be issues, but not of this nature. Nigerians need learn to be proActive. Glad una never blame God yet
Constitutionally it's legal
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by baralatie(m): 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
ufotunang:
..they said banks are rejecting old naira notes.... that they have not received any directive from CBN for them to accept the old naira notes after the February 10th deadline
Northerners are not even interested in taking their old notes to the bank sef because they will not be given the new notes.so guess their choice when they had the supreme court injunction
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by dustmalik: 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2023
Asquare84:
The state government does not have the power to close down the supermarket
You can travel to Kano and reopen the supermarket yourself
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by dagbas: 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
Asquare84:
Go and reopen it let us see.
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by heartbeat84: 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
how i wish this could be replicated in umuahia, abia state especially with all fast food joints and other business concerns

1 Like

Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by maasoap(m): 6:07pm On Feb 12, 2023
Asquare84:

Really?
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:15pm On Feb 12, 2023
Spaxon:
They should accept Old Currencies and who'll get it back from them.

Not like they've got a special entry to the bank.
Not like the bank are accepting old notes again

We need more people like you who analyse things critically. God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by EvangelistChuks(m): 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
Good
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by AbuAeesha: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
FlipModeSquade:
Wetin concern state government approval with whether the old Naira is legal tender or not?
Lolz
Time will tell.
Not worth the argument
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by Midastorch(m): 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2023
Asquare84:

Lmfaoooooooo. Your father is not even a local Govt chairman or ward Councillor... You know nothing... Ayiri omo Ipob.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by Bintdawood(f): 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2023
Asquare84:

Buh it did😎
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by bcashy: 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:
Old naira is no longer a legal tender and not acceptable for deposit in banks. Don't let any APC governor deceive you

This is not beer parlour discussion! Wen it comes to that, they will call ur attention, so rest!
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by dyera(m): 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
Spaxon:
They should accept Old Currencies and who'll get it back from them.

Not like they've got a special entry to the bank.
Not like the bank are accepting old notes again

CBN said they will continue to swap it for the next three months. This is reason enough for every big supermarket to continue to accept it.

1 Like

Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2023
Buhari will be remembered the way Lucifer doesn't want to be remembered in the end
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by YaQsGaYa(m): 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2023
I know well care very well they are Lebanese people. Make them close am kpatakpata
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by Belleful: 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
Supported.
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by galaxy2020(m): 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2023
The evil party can not force us to collect expired old notes, let them go and use it as bribe during elections. Useless babanriga dollars-stuffing ugliest governor in Nigeria.
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by Tom1960: 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2023
Good job!
Re: Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency by Backpedal: 7:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
yarimo:
You are actually the illiterate here
How cam a court have jurisdiction over the CBN?

Why should the CBN obey a judgement when they were not joined as parties to a case

Una go learn lesson
There is a widespread rejection of the old notes as we speak; even in banks

Make we dey watch

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg / Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari / The Richest People In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.