Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,029 members, 7,814,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? (47069 Views)

Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? / Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by justFEARLESS(m): 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hello Guys

I moved to a new apartment early last month, and everything has been fine; a friendly environment, nice amenities and all, but I have only one problem. In our compound, there is a building in front with three and 2-bedroom flats in front of the building my apartment is behind, and it has two rooms and a parlour self-con.

The issue is that the window of my room is directly opposite the window of the bedroom of the people living in the 2-bedroom flat in the building in front. They get a little bit too excited during sex which is like every day and multiple times during the night: yesterday, I entered the house around 9:30 pm, and I noticed they were at it (This one, they didn't even close their window), They were already done before I slept off like 30 mins later, but they woke me up with their weird noise around 1, and it was on like that for like 1 hour, I managed to sleep, but they started again around 4.....

I don't know if they are married(because they don't wear rings or dress like married people), but they are young and live together; alone, but I can't bear this everyday wailing again. So what do you feel is right? If I tell the landlord to correct them, they will still know I am the one that reported because of the proximity of our apartment, and if I try to reason with the guy, it will be somehow awkward because we are yet to really start greeting ourselves sef.

For the record, I am married and blessed with a child, but my family lives in a different city. I moved here because of a program I am running. I will be spending at least 2 weeks here every month. Our landlord doesn't stay in the same compound but stays on the same street.

66 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by SHIVA001: 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
Any time they are doing Their love making try buy Loudspeaker blast blast better jams

361 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by samwash(m): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
Fall your curtains & lock your window.

228 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Jennyclay(f): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
Biko, mind your business or pack out!

148 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by VeryWickedMan: 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
Burst laugh from your room some minutes after they start. Confusion no go let them do am after a few times.

Male or female, no human can stand being perceived as sexually inadequate whether jokingly or seriously.

556 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Sonnobax15(m): 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2023
lipsrsealed
Some people cha.......And I won't be surprised to know that the two rams aren't even married angry. And to also think that that's someone's future wife that's being manhandled all the time beats my imagination and my pity goes abundantly to the innocent man whom she will later kidnap as her husband undecided

Op,my only advice is that please don't confront the man.... You'll only end up sounding and looking funny......Just buy boom box or home theater..And anytime they starts doing their rubbish,just switch on your boom box and counter their noise✌️

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Nonexisting1: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2023
SHIVA001:
Any time they are doing Their love making try buy Loudspeaker blast blast better jams
More like blast Christian music or preaching. It will sound more boring and frustrate them.

176 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by EniHolar(f): 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2023
You look like a nosy type from the way you described the apartments and explaining to us that they don't look married. I strongly advise you to mind your business please.

But if you insist that you don't want to mind your business, call the guy and talk with him.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by SHIVA001: 4:58pm On Feb 12, 2023
Nonexisting1:
More like blast Christian music or preaching. It will sound more boring and frustrate them.
💯 You gerrit

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Zonefree(m): 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
You're sexually starved. Get yourself a paid kpekus and mind your business.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by gaby(m): 5:10pm On Feb 12, 2023
Go buy one of those pre-recorded tapes of "Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand".

Put it on a loop continuously whenever they start on their rendezvous.

Them go pack and leave you to become the landlord.

179 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Rexymania(m): 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2023
Shout! Why this one they mourn like dog like this

22 Likes

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by HONNESSTY(m): 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2023
EniHolar:
You look like a nosy type from the way you described the apartments and explaining to us that they don't look married. I strongly advise you to mind your business please.

But if you insist that you don't want to mind your business, call the guy and talk with him.
wow I love this advice, oil Dey ya head

5 Likes

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by EniHolar(f): 5:53pm On Feb 12, 2023
HONNESSTY:
wow I love this advice, oil Dey ya head

Oil báwo? cheesy
Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Autobot05: 5:55pm On Feb 12, 2023
Get an earbud /airpods/ or a headset . Use it to shut yourself away from the world when necessary cheesy

23 Likes

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Autobot05: 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2023
gaby:
Go buy one of those pre-recorded tapes of "Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand".

Put it on a loop continuously whenever they start on their rendezvous.

Them go park and leave you to become the landlord.

Nice idea comrade

12 Likes

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by nicerod(m): 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2023
😄😀🤪😜😁😁😃

I have nothing to say

8 Likes

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by missyojo(f): 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Some people cha.......And I won't be surprised to know that the rams aren't even married angry. And to also think that's someone's future wife that's being manhandled all the time beats my imagination and my pity goes abundantly to the innocent man whom she will later kidnap as her husband undecided

Op,my only advice is that please don't confront the man.... You'll only end up sounding and looking funny......Just buy boom box or home theater..And anytime they starts doing their rubbish,just switch on your boom box and counter their noise✌️

Op, please kindly listen to what this person said. Where I live currently, that's what I'm experiencing too. The guy and his gf cohabiting and doing it virtually everyday. It's Boom box I bought oo whenever they start I will put it on to the highest volume case closed grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Berrityga: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
Any week you want to travel please can I come and stay at your place nah all this kind thing I like. Me and the guy go dey compete.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Goodlady(f): 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2023
Reminds me of Steven, a former neighbour who usually v sex with his gf and both ll be moaning. Very disgusting.
SavageResponse:

What is so disgusting about it?
How can people be having sex n they ll be moaning thereby making others uncomfortable with their own sound of excitement. In this life, you don't use your own comfort to discomfort others.
VawulenceProMax:
ignore that evening newspaper
I see my handle is giving you fantasies and sleepness nights. May you suffer more konji anytime you see my handle or pic. Very lazy boy!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by 4ward4: 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
justFEARLESS:
Hello Guys

I moved to a new apartment early last month, and everything has been fine; a friendly environment, nice amenities and all, but I have only one problem. In our compound, there is a building in front with three and 2-bedroom flats in front of the building my apartment is behind, and it has two rooms and a parlour self-con.

The issue is that the window of my room is directly opposite the window of the bedroom of the people living in the 2-bedroom flat in the building in front. They get a little bit too excited during sex which is like every day and multiple times during the night: yesterday, I entered the house around 9:30 pm, and I noticed they were at it (This one, they didn't even close their window), They were already done before I slept off like 30 mins later, but they woke me up with their weird noise around 1, and it was on like that for like 1 hour, I managed to sleep, but they started again around 4.....

I don't know if they are married(because they don't wear rings or dress like married people), but they are young and live together; alone, but I can't bear this everyday wailing again. So what do you feel is right? If I tell the landlord to correct them, they will still know I am the one that reported because of the proximity of our apartment, and if I try to reason with the guy, it will be somehow awkward because we are yet to really start greeting ourselves sef.

For the record, I am married and blessed with a child, but my family lives in a different city. I moved here because of a program I am running. I will be spending at least 2 weeks here every month. Our landlord doesn't stay in the same compound but stays on the same street.

definitely they aren't married, no married folk can have such amount of sex .Bills and fear of multiplying will keep them from. it

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Dzzzz: 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
Why can’t you look away but your prick no go accept..Tell them instead

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by techWriter3: 7:11pm On Feb 12, 2023
crumble your drapes & lock your window

3 Likes

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Dgr8hassiE(m): 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2023
samwash:
Fall your curtains & lock your window.
Bro's heat dey na

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by kelspinall(m): 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
report them or continue enduring..boss choose
Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by frozen70(f): 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
justFEARLESS:
Hello Guys

This one weak me

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by arazanbal: 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2023
Just look for does miduim bluetooth speakers or better still a big speaker that have Bluetooth connectivity and hang for your window. find a way to loud music when dm start dat shit. Make sure say e loud to d extent dat people wy dy next compound go dy hear and don't turn it off even when dm don stop d shit dm always do, leave am till early morning, do am like dat for two days.So once dm complain, u go also complain about dere shit as well. Case go resolve amicably

justFEARLESS:
Hello Guys

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Cutehector(m): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2023
How about you strike up a conversation with the guy and get your answers from there.

1 Like

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by HONNESSTY(m): 8:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
EniHolar:

Oil báwo? cheesy
meaning your sense of reasoning is great.
Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Kobicove(m): 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2023
How can your moniker be "JustFearless" yet you are afraid to confront them directly? grin

On a serious note I think you should just ignore them since their activity is within their apartment and is not causing any harm to you that we know of

9 Likes

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by WhisperedNoise: 9:55pm On Feb 12, 2023
EniHolar:

I don't think he's being nosy. He paid his rent na...he shouldn't be disturbed. Abi?

13 Likes

Re: Should I Confront Directly Or Report To The Landlord? by Gadafii: 3:11am On Feb 13, 2023
you have been advised, but boom box and position it towards their window, when they start, play portable mix tape to their hearing and nd got to sleep in the parlor

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island / Lands And Houses In Estates For Sale At Choice Places In Lagos. / Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful Of Before Buying Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.