Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming (18625 Views)

Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work / The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? / 5,000 Rivers State Job: Crowd Storms Secretariat To Submit Application (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Herbiodun09: 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
Normal thing TekExpert

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2023
Yes, as a bank teller, e no funny but most times, we no dey comply.
Kimiso:
How do you cope which you have to submit your phone before resuming back to work,i currently worked where i had to submit my phone before resuming and I don't feel comfortable about it what if i had an emergency calls to attend to I think everybody has same experience to share on it here
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by providencia(m): 5:41pm On Feb 13, 2023
motionarena:
Yea I did work in a highly nuclear radioactive plant in Bayelsa.

Its protocol to submit mobile devices start of shift

Nuclear plant in nigeria? First time hearing that
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Offpoint1: 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
wunmi590:

If you have ever worked in a call centre, you will have o submit your phone in your box and lock it up before going in....

Make call no go enter your phone while speaking with customer...

Nobody told me to carry myself away from that profession when my ear want bloc for almost 160call per day
I believe sey you go don chop curse abd abuse inside that 160 calls grin
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by MaScot30(m): 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
I can relate. The company I worked as a security personnel, the workers submit their phones in our security department before resuming.. after work, they collect their gadgets back.

The essence of such method is to curb distraction and ensure full attention in the course of carrying out duties.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by wunmi590(m): 6:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
Offpoint1:

I believe sey you go don chop curse abd abuse inside that 160 calls grin

Baba, you are in the spirit grin
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by decomposer(m): 6:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
Yes in Ajman, uae.
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Offpoint1: 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2023
wunmi590:

Baba, you are in the spirit grin

grin I don do that work before and no amount of sapa go make me do that kind work again... I see saw shege, banza and danboroba for angry Nigeria customers.

E get stage wey e reach I dey copy some of those wereys numbers take call dem after work abuse dia papa grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by ofemigeorge(m): 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2023
;Dw
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by BigBen23(m): 6:29pm On Feb 13, 2023
Kimiso:
How do you cope which you have to submit your phone before resuming back to work,i currently worked where i had to submit my phone before resuming and I don't feel comfortable about it what if i had an emergency calls to attend to I think everybody has same experience to share on it here

E no pass Hotel.

During my undergraduate days, I worked as a housekeeper and a Potter in two different hotels. Omo, you must submit your phones before resuming. Nothing is more frustrating than this at work but then, you have to trust guy men na. We always have our ways of getting our gadgets in. I always go in with a small cooler...the security guys will think I came with food, not knowing it's my phone I packaged inside there.

Reason for doing this is for safety. Different people come to hotel. You will be surprise to see your father with another woman in there, but you just have to work according to the ethos of the job. Your phone can be tempted to film with when you see such. So for the safety of the guests which most be protected by the management, phones and other mobile gadgets have to be restricted.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by wunmi590(m): 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2023
Offpoint1:

grin I don do that work before and no amount of sapa go make me do that kind work again... I see saw shege, banza and danboroba for angry Nigeria customers.

E get stage wey e reach I dey copy some of those wereys numbers take call dem after work abuse dia papa grin

You no lie, I dey copy thier number too then grin badt guy

Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by adedayo200(m): 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
Even in bank teller dey submit phones before work
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by coolatlantic: 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2023
Hmmm

Use Microsoft Word like a Pro

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLiiYA9DCic
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Haddeyholler(m): 6:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
Am also facing the same problem at my workplace
Hotel for that matter.

May God help us in this country......
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Numerouno94(m): 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2023
pimplucious:
Outside Nigeria like UK you will get punished if not outright sack if you are caught using your phone during work hours. Things like this only happen in Nigeria without caution one major reason customer service is poor.

Not only UK, same policy in the USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by prciouschika(f): 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
odave:
You will get used to it. This is my 6th year working for such company, a very popular brand in Nigeria. It's not easy but the salary no make me quit. By the way my small phone is always around to pick calls.

Some jobs require your full concentration or else you will lose money and customers๐Ÿ‘Œ

please kindly help me if you know of any job openings ๐Ÿ™ thank you.
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by pussygotlips: 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
wunmi590:

If you have ever worked in a call centre, you will have o submit your phone in your box and lock it up before going in....

Nobody told me to carry myself away from that profession when my ear want bloc for almost 160call per day
cheesy pelle o, that can be boring, imagine answering different people with same set of problems
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Sweetvie: 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2023
Not really but it has to be dropped in the locker room. You can't carry ur phone with you during shift except on break.
If you're caught with phone on shift and something happens to any patient... Mehn, you're a goner ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Chasito(m): 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2023
Why not buy a small buttons phone, that you can use to answer emergency calls, while you submit the smartphone to them.
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Jefferyhi86(m): 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2023
It's must be a hotel
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by emmyluizzz: 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:
yes I've worked there, and they also examine your p**nis and kpekus every morning if you knacked last night

Savagely sarcasm
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Cravemore: 8:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
Stop working for people.
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by mkoabiola: 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
Na mostly factory work
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by ChohuRigwe: 9:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
Kimiso:

Yeah restaurant work
In chicken Republic where I used to work we do submit our valuables from phone to money .
They have reasons for that
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Melagros(m): 9:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
Kharol1234:
Yes for one factory like that, Actually I always leave my phone at home because of thief in the factory, last last them steal the phone for house.
grin abi
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Bankowner: 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
You need to come and work here o! 12-hour shift and you must not have your phone with you. Even the Data Entry job I did 4 hours daily (Monday to Friday) from 7pm to 11pm required I don't have my phone so I always kept it locked in the staff locker room.
Kimiso:
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Alloyhardu(m): 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
The half shoe on your dp how much
pocohantas:
No, but it is necessary for some sensitive roles to avoid distractions.
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Dagger111(m): 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2023
Kharol1234:
Yes for one factory like that, Actually I always leave my phone at home because of thief in the factory, last last them steal the phone for house.

Lolz! Meaning, what will be, will surely be.

I remember a frnd who was shortlisted in Army for onward movement to Kaduna and was taken alongside with his other successful State candidates by his State government. His dad got to knw and requested them to send his son back to Lagos cos he don't want to lose him cos they will post to those useless BHTs regions. To cut the story short, he came back to Lagos and started his work as an electronic and Electricals Engineer in one bank. After his arrival, just 5days back from Army training o, the guy was working on an electric pole and gt electrocuted and die at the spot.

Now, this is my theme of discussion, he left training cos of death and he still died in his daily duty. So that's it o! Stop wishing pple bad.
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by 9182736455O1999(m): 11:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
Offpoint1:

Hahaha. LMAO grin grin grin.
You be real Werey grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Dicko007(m): 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2023
This your experience be like person wey don work for ison before. Cause na 9nly dem dey such plenty number of calls on a meagre stipend.
wunmi590:

Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by Kharol1234: 11:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
Dagger111:

Lolz! Meaning, what will be, will surely be.

I remember a frnd who was shortlisted in Army for onward movement to Kaduna and was taken alongside with his other successful State candidates by his State government. His dad got to knw and requested them to send his son back to Lagos cos he don't want to lose him cos they will post to those useless BHTs regions. To cut the story short, he came back to Lagos and started his work as an electronic and Electricals Engineer in one bank. After his arrival, just 5days back from Army training o, the guy was working on an electric pole and gt electrocuted and die at the spot.

Now, this is my theme of discussion, he left training cos of death and he still died in his daily duty. So that's it o! Stop wishing pple bad.
True talk
Re: Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming by dosage150(m): 12:31am On Feb 14, 2023
TechCapon:
Even where I work right now, everyone is expected to lock their phones and personal devices in their lockers before resumption. They say it's for "privacy compliance" grin
Why do I feel we are in same company ๐Ÿ˜Š

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Height Of Desperation!! / Prestel Nigeria Telecommunication Is Accepting Cvs / Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.