Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? (18608 Views)

Job Offer: GT Bank Entry Level Programme (2:2 Minimum) / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed / I Just Lost A Job Offer Of 650k Because Of Professional Qualification. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Melagros(m): 4:16am On Jan 12, 2023
After a long-job-search, August last year I got a job in a farm as a manager through an agency and the salary is 50k, meanwhile, before that, I'd registered with some couple of agencies, also, personally, I'd submitted my CV in some organisations

To be brief! When I'd already started working, a hotel that offered me an employment as a general supervisor/assistant manager before they asked me to stop after working for two days recontacted me, I snubbed them and the salary was 60,000

Precisely, in December last year, another agency reached out to me for an interview but, I told them that I was not in town and they told me to let them know whenever I'm in town. Yesterday, another agency too invited me for an interview I replied them that I haven't returned from Christmas break

Why I glued to my current job is that, though, my 'meagre' salary is 50,000 Naira but, there are other side businesses I do that I make extra money because, within the first three months of my employment, I was able to rent my apartment, a self-contain, furnished it, I'm looking up to a bedroom flat before the expiration of my rent. I was owing my Alma Mater 100,000, for clearance, as I'm posting this thread the money is in my account, I'm just waiting for school to resume so I can go and pay the money. Also, I'm budgeting between 80-100k, for a phone by the end of this month

I have a good CV, I'm a hard worker, a good administrator, also, I'm multi-tasking. In these five months that I have been with this organisation, because of my performance, my boss made huge profit beyond his projection to the extent that he added a bus to the fleet of buses we have, he testified that, ever since he opened this business he has never seen a good manager like me and he's ready to do anything to keep in the company

Please, if I'm called for an interview again, should I honour the invitation or I should continue here? Honestly, I'm confused!
Thanks

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by LZAA: 4:45am On Jan 12, 2023
Stay where you are
From your post i can deduce you are just starting your career
The experience you will gain as a farm manager will be priceless

214 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:23am On Jan 12, 2023
Stay and push for salary increments

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Queensly19: 7:14am On Jan 12, 2023
Stay for now but please do not ignore other offers coming in. Build yourself financially and get more certification and move out of there cos really your salary is #50,000 and a day will definitely come wen those side income you get from your place of work won't come in anymore and you will wish you had move on when you had the opportunity. I'm speaking from my personal experience. Save wisely but prepare an exist plan

54 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by lavylilly: 7:29am On Jan 12, 2023
Gather the experience and buy a land and become a landlord in 2023. In addition, after 4 years you will need bigger pay to complete your house and get married when responsibilities comes.

14 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by padi94(m): 9:34am On Jan 12, 2023
Stay on the job and double the side hustle

14 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Olachase(m): 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2023
Yes you are acting unwise

Next time if them call you for interview tell the organization that you have gotten another job buh you can refer a candidate to them undecided undecided

18 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by AgentGoat: 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
Stay and push for salary increments

4 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by CrownOfClay724: 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
Stay on the job and learn every aspects of it.

The goal should be to own your own business and not running around for employment.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Melagros(m): 9:08am On Jan 13, 2023
Queensly19:
Stay for now but please do not ignore other offers coming in. Build yourself financially and get more certification and move out of there cos really your salary is #50,000 and a day will definitely come wen those side income you get from your place of work won't come in anymore and you will wish you had move on when you had the opportunity. I'm speaking from my personal experience. Save wisely but prepare an exist plan
Wow! Noted and thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Melagros(m): 9:09am On Jan 13, 2023
lavylilly:
Gather the experience and buy a land and become a landlord in 2023. In addition, after 4 years you will need bigger pay to complete your house and get married when responsibilities comes.
You must be a married man/woman lol
I like this advice
Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Melagros(m): 9:12am On Jan 13, 2023
Olachase:
Yes you are acting unwise

Next time if them call you for interview tell the organization that you have gotten another job buh you can refer a candidate to them undecided undecided
Bro I the do that sometimes, it's just that some of our graduates no follow, them the fall hand too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Melagros(m): 9:18am On Jan 13, 2023
CrownOfClay724:
Stay on the job and learn every aspects of it.

The goal should be to own your own business and not running around for employment.
We're in the same boat, that's what I am doing

4 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by meobizy(f): 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2023
Focus on one job first. Na wa.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by NaughtyBrainiac: 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
It is good that you are doing fine where you are. I will advise that you keep doing your best and constantly raise the bar, the huge benefits will come. It might not come on this job, it might even be on another job.

Concerning honouring interviews, I think you have to be selective, smart and strategic about it. You should only honour interviews of companies that you have researched and you are sure that they:

1. Pay better than your current employer
2. Have more career progression
3. Have averagely good work-life balance
4. Have almost same or higher job security than your current job.

Don't waste your time on organisations that don't deserve you.

The experience you gain on your current job will position you for opportunities in bigger and better organisations. Just be smart and package yourself well.

Cheers

13 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Mitsurugi(m): 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
I wish I got some experience in farming

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
As long as you don't support APC you have hope in life

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by opalu: 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ok
Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by ecolime(m): 1:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
Don't be confused hommie. Continue where you are.

Learn as much as possible, grow and launch out to do your own thing in the future.

5 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Realestatevixen: 1:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
Please continue with your current job. Money is not everything. Secondly, garner as much experience as you can and see how helpful it will be in the nearest future. I wish you all the best

Need children educational tablets? Chat me on watsapp via contact on my signature

3 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by digitalmonster(m): 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Try focus on one job for now at the same try learning a skill that would fetch you more money... At this our present economy even a 100k salary is nothing.

focused on increasing your value by learning new skills (like social media marketing & affiliate marketing) and building my own business.
In 2 years! If someone had told me 4 years ago when I was wallowing in depression & self pity that I'd be where I am today, I wouldn't have believed it, Earning $3k-$5k Monthly is what i never even dream of, but CPA/Affiliate marketing has made this possible, and i would advice alots of youths and folks out there to invest in getting the require skill in this online business.

If there's one regret I have today is that I didn't realise this early enough in life, Learn CPA/Affiliate marketing, then you would never work for anybody in your life time, Total Financial Freedom is guaranteed.....

I have decided to teach anyone who is interested in this business, learn some of my secret CPA/Affiliate promotion strategies that can be making you $100- $200 daily right from the comfort of your home, Yes!

some of my copy and past strategise are...
1 : PDF Manipulative Strategy ( Making Money Copy And Pasting PDF Guide To Some Niche audience promoting your CPA Offers ( Sure $100
Per Day Earning) I would show you a free tool that write a complete PDF for you... Where your hungry audience are and they would be
making you money non stop.

2 : Offline International Strategy ( Set up a simple campaign in USA While you sit and watch money coming your way( sure $50-$100 per day
earnings)

3 : Penny Ad Promotion Strategy ( Learn how to invest a penny of $10-$20 in promoting your CPA offers and making $200 per day)
And many more promotional strategies....

You can also take a look at some of my thread to learn more about CPA Marketing.....

Interested in this mentorship training videos, contact me on Telegram @digitalmonster24 or whatsApp me on 0 9 1 5 0 7 5 2 8 1 7
for more info.

Check out some of attached shots earnings using just the PDF CPA Manipulative strategy just in a week below.... The CPA network i work with is CPABUILD And i got paid via Payoneer..From payoneer i can now transfer directly to my Nigerian Bank account or sell to exchanger to Naira.

4 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by sirjoggy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Make I learn small
Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by GreatAdvice: 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Having too many job offers isn't good for your mental health. I will advise you to quit the farm Manger job and decline the interview and use your savings to do airbnb which is where your passion is. Goodluck.
Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Omooba77: 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
Melagros:
After a long-job-search, August last year I got a job in a farm as a manager through an agency and the salary is 50k, meanwhile, before that, I'd registered with some couple of agencies, also, personally, I'd submitted my CV in some organisations

To be brief! When I'd already started working, a hotel that offered me an employment as a general supervisor/assistant manager before they asked me to stop after working for two days recontacted me, I snubbed them and the salary was 60,000

Precisely, in December last year, another agency reached out to me for an interview but, I told them that I was not in town and they told me to let them know whenever I'm in town. Yesterday, another agency too invited me for an interview I replied them that I haven't returned from Christmas break

Why I glued to my current job is that, though, my 'meagre' salary is 50,000 Naira but, there are other side businesses I do that I make extra money because, within the first three months of my employment, I was able to rent my apartment, a self-contain, furnished it, I'm looking up to a bedroom flat before the expiration of my rent. I was owing my Alma Mater 100,000, for clearance, as I'm posting this thread the money is in my account, I'm just waiting for school to resume so I can go and pay the money. Also, I'm budgeting between 80-100k, for a phone by the end of this month

I have a good CV, I'm a hard worker, a good administrator, also, I'm multi-tasking. In these five months that I have been with this organisation, because of my performance, my boss made huge profit beyond his projection to the extent that he added a bus to the fleet of buses we have, he testified that, ever since he opened this business he has never seen a good manager like me and he's ready to do anything to keep in the company

Please, if I'm called for an interview again, should I honour the invitation or I should continue here? Honestly, I'm confused!
Thanks

Continue with the job, be honest, don't steal. Learn what you can to start your own farm. Minimise your expenses, a phone of N100k may be overboard for me, considering your salary, that is 2 months .....
God bless you.......

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Misterc(m): 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
grin
Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Faber(m): 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
Dude my advice to you is, avoid Nigerian girls at all cost. You have a furnished apartment right? dont enter any relationship with any one of them, find one cool girl for area to help u cure konji once in a while, but dont catch feelings and keep her close, I give you 1 year from now, you will be at the top...when the devil finds it hard to bring you down, he sends a woman, a Nigerian lady

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Coolcat001: 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
You are currently doing well but the issue here is that you are thinking short term. Instead of working to be a good manager, you should be working on being a good student so that in the long run you can set up your own farm. Stop spending extravagantly. No need for flat now the self con is ok. Save and build your own farm in a year or two years time

5 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Pells: 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
K
Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by brutal1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
Hold on to what you have for now. From what you said here, you are enjoying the job and making reasonable progress...you will eventually leave but this is not the right time. Plan it very well so that you wont go and Joao Felix.
Melagros:

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by AdamuKD: 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Height Of Desperation!! / Total Oil Interview Any Idea On The Format? / Prestel Nigeria Telecommunication Is Accepting Cvs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.