Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter (15287 Views)

Cash Crunch Hits Ondo, Edo, Kwara, Delta, Plateau, Jigawa, Osun / How Are POS Operators Coping With The Current Cash Crunch? / Benue Traders Resort To Trade By Barter Due To Naira Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Nicegees(m): 9:24am On Feb 13, 2023
Nah just the surest way Nowadays o.. how e wan better for Emefiele like this now.. too much hardship in this country

2 Likes

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by ContinuousTortu: 9:25am On Feb 13, 2023
Zulum500:
Fake news 🤣😁🤣
Old notes are seriously available 😎
Available in Tinubu's bullion van, right?

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Successkay12(m): 9:25am On Feb 13, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/cash-crunch-rural-dwellers-resort-to-trade-by-barter/
And some bastard still have mind to support CBN because of their stupid and useless political sentiment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by tolue42(m): 9:26am On Feb 13, 2023
Peterobi90:
Its been almost 2 weeks after CBN initial deadline.. i used to be addicted to POS centres, but now, i can't remember when last i saw a naira note, but i have been making transactions and surviving...

We would all adjust eventually, Good change comes at a price..

- Open multiple bank account
- Get ATM cards
- Download banking mobile apps for transfers
- Get POS device for your outfits
- Move to the next seller if the previous says "cash only"

Of what use is you not learning about technology, its not like the world would go back to the stone ages..

Are you aware millions of Nigerians don't even have access to banks? In some local government in the North, they only have 1 bank, and you'll need to travel for over 100 kilometers to get to the bank... Even if you're educated, +and- you'll prefer to run your business on cash base..

So if you're thinking about yourself, put your country men into consideration.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by blowjohn(m): 9:27am On Feb 13, 2023
bigdammyj:
Noted.

Stone age reactivated.

Back to Flintstones era

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Mbaku(m): 9:27am On Feb 13, 2023
Peterobi90:
Its been almost 2 weeks after CBN initial deadline.. i used to be addicted to POS centres, but now, i can't remember when last i saw a naira note, but i have been making transactions and surviving...

- Get ATM cards

Of what use is you not learning about technology, its not like the world would go back to the stone ages..
What you speak of is mostly applicable to urban dwellers who are knowledgeable. Tell me, in your infinite wisdom, how does a grandmother in the rural village deep in damaturu or deep in zamfara operate bank accounts or have access to pos?? Sometimes you people don’t put yourselves in other peoples shoes and just type what you like..🙄

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by hector: 9:29am On Feb 13, 2023
Nigerians will survive. We'll not die..

You need help with your assignments or research project? Check my profile for more details

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Mbaku(m): 9:29am On Feb 13, 2023
tolue42:

Are you aware millions of Nigerians don't even have access to banks? In some local government in the North, they only have 1 bank, and you'll need to travel for over 100 kilometers to get to the bank... Even if you're educated, +and- you'll prefer to run your business on cash base..

So if you're thinking about yourself, put your country men into consideration.
I just tire for that guy.. just showing his outright selfishness and self centeredness.. 🤔
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Orubebe01: 9:32am On Feb 13, 2023
Buhari has really succeeded in taking us back to the stone age
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by juman(m): 9:32am On Feb 13, 2023
Buhari started his government in 2015 crushed the economy, he is finishing also completely demolishing the remaining fragile economy and leaving Nigerians to be cursing him.

The economy is currently dead.

He is a wicked soul.
He hates common people.
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Klevaboy: 9:33am On Feb 13, 2023
Peterobi90:

- Get ATM cards

Some of you just post like animated 3D robots, did you read the content of the post at all?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by LocalStandard1(m): 9:36am On Feb 13, 2023
I personally predicted this on many occasions. It will get to the urban areas soon. Watch out!

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by saintkeppy(m): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2023
Its not bad at all.
Trade by barter is a common practice here in Cameroon, you can take your bunch of Plantain to get smoked fish or crayfish, 25Litres of palm Oil to a sizeable bag of Garri or vice versa.
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Ewizy: 9:37am On Feb 13, 2023
They should go and learn how to transfer. Problem solved.
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Ofunaofu: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2023
Buhari, Tinubu and APC have taken us Back to the ancient times

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by gadgethead: 9:42am On Feb 13, 2023
Mbaku:

What you speak of is mostly applicable to urban dwellers who are knowledgeable. Tell me, in your infinite wisdom, how does a grandmother in the rural village deep in damaturu or deep in zamfara operate bank accounts or have access to pos?? Sometimes you people don’t put yourselves in other peoples shoes and just type what you like..🙄
Most Nigerians do have 'l better pass my neighbor syndrome'. As long as they are fine, nothing concerns them about what others are going through.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Bearfruit(f): 9:43am On Feb 13, 2023
Nah byforce to own account.evil world. all dis madness is to lunch in d no buy and sell if you don't collect the mark of beast(science) Genuine Christian pray like never before,it's time to endure alot in this short time rule of devil. Anyone that love the world or any wicked improvement the world bring is an enemy of his soul.
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by samfrancis1(m): 9:45am On Feb 13, 2023
Peterobi90:

- Get ATM cards

Technology in rural communities with no good mobile networks.. even the ones in the few urban areas of Nigeria still have lot of problem when solving bank issue.. before we can start talking tech in Nigeria.. there’d good network service.. youll never see a house roof without building beneath it.. you can jump the process..

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by dyera(m): 9:47am On Feb 13, 2023
Emefiele don scam these villagers. He used deadline to make them deposit the old notes before it expires and he could not give them new notes in return, now they don't have cash to do business.

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by samsard(m): 9:48am On Feb 13, 2023
Peterobi90:

- Get ATM cards

This is not entirely feasible. There is too little cash available and a good part of the population are uneducated or lack good internet access.

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by jahsharon: 9:53am On Feb 13, 2023
Igbos are happy with it, as long as it will stop Tinubu from getting money to do election, they don't mind if they all die of hunger. Tinubu wey him boys na MDs of different banks.
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by jahsharon: 9:53am On Feb 13, 2023
Hendrixky:

Nope our rural dwellers are the ones catapulting themselves to stone age
This policy will remain and it is a good thing

You don't mind if your parents die of hunger as long as Tinubu will not get money for election. Una go cry blood when Tinubu is sworn in on May 29th and Emefiele's nonsense policy is thrown into the dust bin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by blackmantis: 10:06am On Feb 13, 2023
Peterobi90:

- Get ATM cards

What about people living where there is no network. Like The bush markets......how would they transact business.
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by shegra58: 10:08am On Feb 13, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/cash-crunch-rural-dwellers-resort-to-trade-by-barter/
and some idiotssss like this hardship on public because of their hatred for Tinubu.
Tell me now if Tinubu is the one suffering the hardship cool
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Matprinze: 10:16am On Feb 13, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Emefiele is doing the right thing at d wrong time,also using this as a revenge on his lost ambition
Cashless policy is good but Nigeria is not ripe for it, many traders don't HV account, even the charges on transfer is too much if it's not dsame bank, aside that, network might even hang ur money. With all these points agree with me that we are not ready for cashless economy

When do you think we are going to be ready for that?
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by NothingDoMe: 10:17am On Feb 13, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Emefiele is doing the right thing at d wrong time,also using this as a revenge on his lost ambition
Cashless policy is good but Nigeria is not ripe for it, many traders don't HV account, even the charges on transfer is too much if it's not dsame bank, aside that, network might even hang ur money. With all these points agree with me that we are not ready for cashless economy
When is the right time? 100 years after independence?
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Chidibe212(f): 10:19am On Feb 13, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:

It annoys me when I keep hearing "Nigeria is not ripe" from perhaps educated folks who uses ANDROID or IOS phones. What happened to following a new trend that makes life easy, safer and better? If they want to remain or go back at the stone age then there should. And it's painful such people resorting to such "trade by barter" are predominantly Northerners. That region should embrace technology and be educated about it. As the world is revolving to a new world and advancement in technology which we have ALL seen is beautiful, Nigeria should keep up. All these Europeans are not Superhumans, there are humans like you and I but the only difference is that white skins create and embrace new beautiful things that causes advancement to the amazement of the entire world while the black skin is bent or repression, wickedness, greed, corruption, jealousy, etc.

Like someone said, this policy have made her to transact on necessities. And like another said, if one person doesn't accept transfer try another person.

If bribery or kidnapping is done via giving CASH, any body can deny it because there was no physical evidence except you "video record" during the transaction. But if bribery or kidnapping is done through transfer then a culprit can be easily apprehended. And so many other things these policy solves which we have been creating awareness for.

We need to grow in advance and every region especially the rural parts of Nigeria in North, south, East and Eest should follow suit.

Stop saying Nigeria is not ripe on anything that leads to advancement, your likes are the ones that are holding us backwards and causing repression. Educate people on the need for advancement and create an avenue for advancement your self and see how the world will be a beautiful place through you and the awesome thing is that you will also make money LEGALLY through it.

PEASE💕
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by NothingDoMe: 10:19am On Feb 13, 2023
ecolime:
Funny enough, this cash crunch has been a blessing in disguise for me. I spend only on necessities now.

Most of the Plaintain and vegetables sellers for my area now use Opay. Church offering sef na by transfer... lol

I feel for waiters & security folks now. Nothing like tips these days cry
Even touts at Lagos international Airport collect transfers now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Peterobi90: 10:23am On Feb 13, 2023
blackmantis:

What about people living where there is no network. Like The bush markets......how would they transact business.

Where there is a will, there is a way... bush people have been receiving monies from relatives prior now..
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by NothingDoMe: 10:24am On Feb 13, 2023
shegra58:
and some idiotssss like this hardship on public because of their hatred for Tinubu.
Tell me now if Tinubu is the one suffering the hardship cool
This propaganda won't fly. Whatever anyone likes is irrelevant to the fact that it's Tinubu's led APC that is causing this confusion. Tinubu supported Buhari twice.

You can't take credit for the good, if any, without the bad.
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by victooman: 10:28am On Feb 13, 2023
Chidibe212:

It annoys me when I keep hearing "Nigeria is not ripe" from perhaps educated folks who uses ANDROID or IOS phones. What happened to following a new trend that makes life easy, safer and better? If they want to remain or go back at the stone age then there should. And it's painful such people resorting to such "trade by barter" are predominantly Northerners. That region should embrace technology and be educated about it. As the world is revolving to a new world and advancement in technology which we have ALL seen is beautiful, Nigeria should keep up. All these Europeans are not Superhumans, there are humans like you and I but the only difference is that white skins create and embrace new beautiful things that causes advancement to the amazement of the entire world while the black skin is bent or repression, wickedness, greed, corruption, jealousy, etc.

Like someone said, this policy have made her to transact on necessities. And like another said, if one person doesn't accept transfer try another person.

If bribery or kidnapping is done via giving CASH, any body can deny it because there was no physical evidence except you "video record" during the transaction. But if bribery or kidnapping is done through transfer then a culprit can be easily apprehended. And so many other things these policy solves which we have been creating awareness for.

We need to grow in advance and every region especially the rural parts of Nigeria in North, south, East and Eest should follow suit.

Stop saying Nigeria is not ripe on anything that leads to advancement, your likes are the ones that are holding us backwards and causing repression. Educate people on the need for advancement and create an avenue for advancement your self and see how the world will be a beautiful place through you and the awesome thing is that you will also make money LEGALLY through it.

PEASE💕
some of u are plain inherently stupid l swear,,u think Nigeria start and ends in Abuja or lagos? when last did u travel to the village or visit a farm? dont worry hunger strike will deal with u next year,,, sense will enter ur head by force,, lot of selfish beings,, people supporting this badly and poorly policy are this small boys in office earning 50k below,l can bet u dont even have any business of your own or engage in any one so is very easier for u to come here and type rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Every Business Is Struggling In Nigeria" - BBC / 10 People Roasted In Lagos Tanker Fire / Court Shuts Osun Polaris Bank Branches As Customers Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.