Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter (15293 Views)

Cash Crunch Hits Ondo, Edo, Kwara, Delta, Plateau, Jigawa, Osun / How Are POS Operators Coping With The Current Cash Crunch? / Benue Traders Resort To Trade By Barter Due To Naira Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by michoim(m): 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
Peterobi90:
Its been almost 2 weeks after CBN initial deadline.. i used to be addicted to POS centres, but now, i can't remember when last i saw a naira note, but i have been making transactions and surviving...

We would all adjust eventually, Good change comes at a price..

- Open multiple bank account
- Get ATM cards
- Download banking mobile apps for transfers
- Get POS device for your outfits
- Move to the next seller if the previous says "cash only"

Of what use is you not learning about technology, its not like the world would go back to the stone ages..
Trash talk
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by samfrancis1(m): 10:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
Chidibe212:

Before technology and advancement came into Nigeria especially the urban areas was there good network? The people that installed mast in these urban areas for good network you are enjoying now did they descend from the sky? When you spot, see or find a problem try and spot, see, or find a solution. If you can't create a solution yourself then learn from advanced countries that have gone far ahead of you and use what they are using or make a replica. If you can't do it yourself then make your leaders do it hold them leaders responsible. And when I say leader I am not only talking about the president or governors, the rural chiefs, the kings....they have unhindered access to these councilors, governors and president.
But you still want money to be taken away from those villages that neither have banks nor network to make transactions..
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Chidibe212(f): 1:23am On Feb 15, 2023
samfrancis1:
But you still want money to be taken away from those villages that neither have banks nor network to make transactions..

Those village people should make a petition through their village heads and ask for banks and masts for network to come closer to their communities...they shouldn't remain in 12th century when we are in 21th century in THESAME Nigeria. Even at thesame 21th century, Nigeria is lagging behind compared to some European and Asian countries and I believe you know why...."Corruption and corrupt leaders and citizens"

Set aside ethnicity and religion and vote for a candidate that is not corrupt because corruption does not respect ethnicity nor tribe.

Vote for a leader you and many others will like to emulate "CHARACTER-WISE"

You have an opportunity on the 25th
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Chidibe212(f): 1:33am On Feb 15, 2023
Mbaku:

How many advance individuals have the ability to learn or have the brain capacity to assimilate new knowledge?? Do you understand what dead brain cells mean?? Okay since you want to sound smart, go and educate the rural community after all, you said it’s not rocket science so lead the way

You are the one defending backwardness and people living like there are in 12th century.

Once they have a reasonable person among them that will petition their village heads who will relay to their community councilor who will relay to their governor then you will see how development will come to their side. However it takes a good leader or leaders without corruption, greed, selfishness, etc to bring development to a settlement/community

You have the opportunity to make a choice on the 25th

It's not rocket science 🚀
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by Chidibe212(f): 1:44am On Feb 15, 2023
headboyprince:
even the U.S and China with their technology advancements haven't gone cashless, it's Nigeria... lol...does nigeria have any tech advancement, dont deceieve yourself, you're gradually going back to stone age..Thanks to APC with their primitive govt policies... grin grin

We are interpreting this "CASHLESS" as though they will be no "Paper money" in existence again in Nigeria. What is the essence of redesigning naira notes then?

What this "CASHLESS" in order words means "CASH-LESS" meaning less of Paper money transactions and more of e-money transactions.

Thanks
Re: Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter by samfrancis1(m): 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
Chidibe212:

Those village people should make a petition through their village heads and ask for banks and masts for network to come closer to their communities...they shouldn't remain in 12th century when we are in 21th century in THESAME Nigeria. Even at thesame 21th century, Nigeria is lagging behind compared to some European and Asian countries and I believe you know why...."Corruption and corrupt leaders and citizens"

Set aside ethnicity and religion and vote for a candidate that is not corrupt because corruption does not respect ethnicity nor tribe.

Vote for a leader you and many others will like to emulate "CHARACTER-WISE"

You have an opportunity on the 25th
Show me that candidate that’s not corrupt… show me a saint of all the leaders.. and let your conscience judge you forever if you lie to yourself …

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Shuts Osun Polaris Bank Branches As Customers Lament / Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress / Rivers Overtakes Lagos As Top Investment Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.