Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,112 members, 7,852,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? (1009 Views)

The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? / FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest / 428,941 Nigerians Got Cash In 24 States, 130,455 From Katsina – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by wegevv: 8:16am On Feb 13, 2023
Hello my people. The constitution says:

If the candidate gets a majority of “yes” over “no” votes cast in the election and at
least a quarter of votes cast in at least 24 States and the Federal Capital Territory.

The straightforward interpretation of that line means that the candidate needs 25% in 24 states and also needs 25% in FCT. That is a tall order for some parties.

We all know that in a normal circumstances APC have less than a zero chance of winning this election after giving us the worst federal in the history of our great country. But due to their “structures”, which is just dog-whistle for thuggery, vote-buying, vote-suppression and vote-rigging we have to acknowledge they have a tiny chance.

The questions are:

1) do APC even have any chance in the first ballot since they need 25% in Abuja which looks unlikely

2) if there is no winner in the first ballot and by some miracle APC hit 25% in 15 states but do not meet the 25% threshold in FCT and PDP for example hit 25% in 14 states plus FCT, then who will make the run off? Surely FCT carries some weight according to the constitution

Any thoughts?

Thank you <3
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by duro4chang(m): 8:32am On Feb 13, 2023
Tinubu is the next president of this country. He will have 25% in at least 28 states. I am very sure of that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by iyke2frankeze: 8:41am On Feb 13, 2023
wegevv:

If the candidate gets a majority of “yes” over “no” votes cast in the election and at
least a quarter of votes cast in at least 24 States and the Federal Capital Territory.

The straightforward interpretation of that line means that the candidate needs 25% in 24 states and also needs 25% in FCT. That is a tall order for some parties.

We all know that in a normal circumstances APC have less than a zero chance of winning this election after giving us the worst federal in the history of our great country. But due to their “structures”, which is just dog-whistle for thuggery, vote-buying, vote-suppression and vote-rigging we have to acknowledge they have a tiny chance.

The questions are:

1) do APC even have any chance in the first ballot since they need 25% in Abuja which looks unlikely

2) if there is no winner in the first ballot and by some miracle APC hit 25% in 15 states but do not meet the 25% threshold in FCT and PDP for example hit 25% in 14 states plus FCT, then who will make the run off? Surely FCT carries some weight according to the constitution

Any thoughts?

Thank you <3
I don't see the possibility of Tinubu getting up to 25 percent in 12 states

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by Exclusive101: 9:10am On Feb 13, 2023
Of what point is replying to lunatics
Bro enjoy your Igbo foolishness you inherited that from you bigoted hate filled Igbo father.
wegevv:

The questions are:

Any thoughts?

Thank you <3

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by Godwin4444: 9:14am On Feb 13, 2023
iyke2frankeze:

hope u know apc has 21 states n he’s even strong in some pdp states like oyo n osun

Learn to seperate reality from hate

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by wegevv: 9:54am On Feb 13, 2023
Exclusive101:
Of what point is replying to lunatics
Bro enjoy your Igbo foolishness you inherited that from you bigoted hate filled Igbo father.

Wah wah wah. You wail so good I love it. Wail for me some more baby <3
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by wegevv: 9:58am On Feb 13, 2023
duro4chang:
Tinubu is the next president of this country. He will have 25% in at least 28 states. I am very sure of that.

Even if your fantasy comes through he won’t get 25% in Abuja. Read the OP again if you’re capable. If you’re not then enjoy your mental masturbation <3
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by Lalar27: 10:01am On Feb 13, 2023
Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria
He will win this election by a wide margin
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by duro4chang(m): 10:06am On Feb 13, 2023
wegevv:

Even if your fantasy comes through he won’t get 25% in Abuja. Read the OP again if you’re capable. If you’re not then enjoy your mental masturbation <3
E pain you? Truth is bitter. See how you are panting and sweating just because of my comment. Election has not come you are nervous. Tinubu is the next president. Obi will never never win.
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by famouscargo4u: 10:10am On Feb 13, 2023
iyke2frankeze:

I am 2000% sure he would get 25% in over 26 states.
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by wegevv: 10:12am On Feb 13, 2023
duro4chang:
E pain you? Truth is bitter. See how you are panting and sweating just because of my comment. Election has not come you are nervous. Tinubu is the next president. Obi will never never win.

You caught me sha, your erotic fantasy got me all panty and sweaty can’t lie <3

Talk dirty to me some more <3 <3 <3
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by Mfetenang: 10:16am On Feb 13, 2023
No,it's Obi that has 200% chance in the first ballot. Ewu IPOB.
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by wegevv: 10:25am On Feb 13, 2023
Mfetenang:
No,it's Obi that has 200% chance in the first ballot. Ewu IPOB.

Another wailer needs babysitting. This is a safe space to wail I'm here for you <3
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by Trollronaldo: 10:33am On Feb 13, 2023
Nope, I don't think APC has a chance.

APC can only win:
Ogun
Oyo
Osun
Ekiti
Ondo
Kwara
Kogi
Borno.

APC can get 25% in
Lagos
Yobe
Niger
Nassarawa
Kaduna
Zamfara
Kebbi
Gombe

It's not enough
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by duro4chang(m): 10:33am On Feb 13, 2023
wegevv:

You caught me sha, your erotic fantasy got me all panty and sweaty can’t lie <3

Talk dirty to me some more <3 <3 <3
I don't talk dirty to people. I will rather follow what the bible says that 'Do not answer a fool according to his foolishness so that you will not be like him. Answer a fool according to his foolishness so that he will not be wise in his own eyes'.
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by wegevv: 10:44am On Feb 13, 2023
duro4chang:
I don't talk dirty to people. I will rather follow what the bible says that 'Do not answer a fool according to his foolishness so that you will not be like him. Answer a fool according to his foolishness so that he will not be wise in his own eyes'.

Either way I still love you <3 <3 <3
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by duro4chang(m): 10:45am On Feb 13, 2023
wegevv:

Either way I still love you <3 <3 <3
God loves us all. Jesus is Lord
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by Superdoctor: 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
English is hard for u o

The Constitution said the winner must have atleast 1/4 of total number of votes casted in 2/3rd STATES of Nigeria. There are 36 STATES in Nigeria. 2/3 of 36 is 24 STATES.

The Nigerian Constitution does not recognise the FCT as a state. FCT is not a state. If a candidate have 25% in (23 states + FCT) it is still not a win.

I don't know where you get that idea from. The English did not in anyway suggested that the winner must have 25% in the FCT.

In a nutshell, FCT only contribute to the number of votes. 25% or any other percentage in FCT is useless.
Re: Tinubu: 25% In 24 States *AND* FCT? Does APC have any chance in the 1st ballot? by wegevv: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2023
Superdoctor:
English is hard for u o

The Constitution said the winner must have atleast 1/4 of total number of votes casted in 2/3rd STATES of Nigeria. There are 36 STATES in Nigeria. 2/3 of 36 is 24 STATES.

The Nigerian Constitution does not recognise the FCT as a state. FCT is not a state. If a candidate have 25% in (23 states + FCT) it is still not a win.

I don't know where you get that idea from. The English did not in anyway suggested that the winner must have 25% in the FCT.

In a nutshell, FCT only contribute to the number of votes. 25% or any other percentage in FCT is useless.

Are you drunk? I literally quoted what the constitution said word for word and you’re here embarrassing yourself. This is word for word what the constitution says:

It can be interpreted in different ways but saying 25% in FCT is useless is one of the only ways it can’t be interpreted. Either you must get 25% in FCT or FCT counts in the total to make 37. Those are the two interpretations reasonable people are arguing about not the nonsense you posted.

Next time you want to shout confidently make sure you read what you’re shouting about <3

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Loses His Voice, Can't Go To Ogoni Land 72 Hours To Election ( Video) / BOMB: WATCH KENNETH OKONKWO'S CLOSING ARGUMENT FOR LABOUR PARTY PUBLISHED. / Shocking Video Of Underage 'obidients' With PVC Affirming They Voted For Peter O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.