Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,638 members, 7,827,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? (1602 Views)

I Was Criticized During The Civil War But I Succeeded - Gowon Encourages Tinubu / EFCC Raid: Has Emefiele Thrown Dangote Under The Bus? / If Tinubu Had Succeeded With His Muslim-muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Penguin2: 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
I don’t have time to write long epistle…

The point I want to make is that despite the schemings of some scrupulous APC governors who got a kangaroo order from the Supreme Court which extended the use of old naira notes beyond the February 10th earlier stipulated as deadline by CBN, it seems Banks and Nigerians have moved past the old Naira notes.

Psychologically, Nigerians already conditioned themselves that the old money expired on February 10th.

Even banks… All over Lagos today, no bank was opened and I’m sure it’s probably that way throughout the country. The reason for them not opening might probably be because they don’t want to open and get themselves into trouble by rejecting old notes and be seen as disobeying the order of the Supreme Court. Similarly, they don’t want collect the old note and be seen as disobeying the CBN who has given them any contrary directive about the old Naira withdrawal deadline.

So also are business people in the markets and streets…. They too have stopped collecting the old notes to avoid it becoming mere paper in their hands.

In the end, what the APC governors achieved was to create confusion that even got things more complicated. And citizens have decided to go with the CBN
Nlfpmod
Mynd44

6 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Penguin2: 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
Another thing people need to understand is that CBN cannot lose in this case but the governors can.

If the Supreme Court in their wisdom rules that the old note should continue, the CBN has nothing to lose because it’s her currency. You wanna talk about the cost of minting the new money? Well that cost will be borne by you and I.

However, if the Supreme Court agrees with the argument of the Federal Government that the CBN has powers to carry out Naira redesign and set timelines thereof and rules in favour of the policy, the implication is that the governors shall have lost, and anyone still holding onto old notes would merely be holding an equivalent of tissue paper.

I see a scenario where APC will trying to buy votes with the old notes on Election Day and people will be rejecting their money because it’s old money. Remember this….

8 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
The citizens moved on because they saw through the lies of the crying criminals claims of fighting for the masses. Only urchins are still doing gragra that takes them no where.

9 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Moh247: 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2023
grin

Zombidiots delusional grandeur...

Tinubu has caused so much Acrimony in the heart of his envious hater that they currently make up their own reality to make them feel happy

Banks are open
Banks are recieving old note
Banks are despensing old note
Fueling stations are accepting old note
Old note remains legal tender around market
More #200 are now in circulation

11 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Softmirror: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2023
angry

THE ONLY THING I GAT TO SAY IS, THANK GOD FOR ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU AND ALL OF THE APC GOVERNORS FOR BRINGING RELIEF TO NIGERIANS. I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY.

9 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by odduduwa: 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2023
Urchins are foolish
Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Penguin2: 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:
grin

Tinubu has caused so much Acrimony in the heart of his envious hater that they currently make up their own reality to make them feel happy

Banks are open

Check the date of the tweet.

1 Like

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Moh247: 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2023
Penguin2:

Not talking about tweet but real daily transaction today

4 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by 3ple9iner: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
Oga stop lying banks opened today. Did they collect old note? No. Did they pay people? Yes... Are people still spending the old note Yes.

3 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Senioreddy: 7:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
Banks are no longer accepting old notes.
Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by jmoore(m): 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:

Bats are flying everywhere in Nigeria today. They know what's happening in all Nigerian banks.

Epitome of delusion!
Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Moh247: 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
jmoore:

Bats are flying everywhere in Nigeria today. They know what's happening in all Nigerian banks.

Epitome of delusion!

Chuckudi no vex...

All banks are close, infact we are doing Sit at home in SouthWest and nobody is spending old note since Mazi Emefiele called it taboo

Nonsense people

6 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by madridguy(m): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2023
grin grin grin

I don't know about bank collecting the old notes or not but we Nigerians are still transacting with the notes among ourselves.

Reporting from Alimosho, Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by iokpebholo: 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:

you mumu sha...Here in Asaba banks, filling station, shopping malls do not collect old notes..Pos sef no dey take sef

1 Like

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Moh247: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2023
[quote author=iokpebholo post=120883697]you mumu sha...Here in Asaba banks, filling station, shopping malls do not collect old notes..Pos sef no dey take sef[/quote

Your papa mumu

Here in Ibadan all banks , Stations, market used old note
Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by a4cube: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2023
I gave the old not to my faulkarnizer who is a solid APC voter but he rejected it. I ask him why. He said he is not sure he will be able to spend it. 😄😀😃. I went to First Bank Ajiwe, they did not open but zenith opened.

Their is confusion in the country right now concerning the currency swap.
Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by AfricanColumbus: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2023
Naira Redesign Policy: 3 Things The CBN Must Do Now (Video)

Gradually, the redesign policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria continues to take full effect. Various businesses have already begun to seek alternatives for transactions, even as some opt for the use of bank transfers and internet banking for their transactions.

The redesign policy and new withdrawal limits have brought about expected challenges, but it appears the changes by the apex bank have come to stay, even as innovations and alternatives continue to spring up.

Today, we will be looking at 3 steps the Central Bank must take at this time, in light of the new challenges, one of these challenges being the move by shady groups to bypass the withdrawal limits for questionable reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e6xKkbSuu4
Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by iokpebholo: 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2023
madridguy:
grin grin grin

I don't know about bank collecting the old notes or not but we Nigerians are still transacting with the notes among ourselves.

Reporting from Alimosho, Lagos.
After concluding this ur so called transactions, deposit d money at asiwaju mechant bank
Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Penguin2: 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
The citizens moved on because they saw through the lies of the crying criminals claims of fighting for the masses. Only urchins are still doing gragra that takes them no where.

Don’t mind the accidental lovers of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by iokpebholo: 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2023
[quote author=Moh247 post=120883722][/quote]liar continue fooling ursef,old naira notes don expire if u like cry blood
Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by jmoore(m): 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:

Chuckudi no vex...

All banks are close, infact we are doing Sit at home in SouthWest and nobody is spending old note since Mazi Emefiele called it taboo

Nonsense people

You are right. There is sit at home in south west. That's why this Yoruba man patronized POS today and was charged 1,500 for withdrawing 5,000.

Agbado urchins!!

1 Like

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by FreedomArmy: 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2023
Just today and precisely this evening I bought something from a woman who is selling on a table by the road side. Her daughter probably in her late twenties told me they accept transfer when I ask her.she just called her bank account and I did the transfer and that was it
What agbadorians and all tinubu urchine have failed to understand is that Nigerians are already conditioning themselves to the new cashless policy.

How can people who never complained of police brutality,never complained of 8months ASUU strike and never complained of the government hoarding of covid19 palliative suddenly wake up to complain that Nigerians are suffering because of scarcity of naira notes. The reality is that the old notes which stole from the government coffers are all stacked up in their houses ready to be used to buy the electorate but by the grace of God that paper will become useless in their hands.

God bless emefiele
God bless CBN

2 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by CilicMarin: 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
Penguin2:

Why did they delete it? grin grin Obidense are satanic..

5 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Penguin2: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2023
a4cube:
I gave the old not to my faulkarnizer who is a solid APC voter but he rejected it. I ask him why. He said he is not sure he will be able to spend it. 😄😀😃. I went to First Bank Ajiwe, they did not open but zenith opened.

Their is confusion in the country right now concerning the currency swap.

I had a failed POS transaction on my UBA since Friday but got debited. I waited for Reversal throughout the weekend but it didn’t happen.

So, this morning I called their customer care and they were playing advert for me with my money for 20 minutes and I gave up and decided to go to the bank instead.

I first went to new UBA bank branch at Ogidan, Sangotedo but they didn’t open. I told myself that maybe they are closed because it’s baby branch.

My second stop was UBA branch at Ikota Shopping Complex, and it was closed too. All banks inside Ikota Shopping Complex were closed.

Refusing to give up, I proceeded to Admiralty Way, assuring myself that since that’s a big man area, they will open but they didn’t. I was baffled.

Still holding onto hope, I drove to their headquarters in Victoria Island and it was closed too.

So, when I say banks are closed it wasn’t fabrications.

3 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Indispensable85(m): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2023
Penguin2:
I don’t have time to write long epistle…

The point I want to make is that despite the schemings of some scrupulous APC governors who got a kangaroo order from the Supreme Court which extended the use of old naira notes beyond the February 10th earlier stipulated as deadline by CBN, it seems Banks and Nigerians have moved past the old Naira notes.

Psychologically, Nigerians already conditioned themselves that the old money expired on February 10th.

Even banks… All over Lagos today, no bank was opened and I’m sure it’s probably that way throughout the country. The reason for them not opening might probably be because they don’t want to open and get themselves into trouble by rejecting old notes and be seen as disobeying the order of the Supreme Court. Similarly, they don’t want collect the old note and be seen as disobeying the CBN who has given them any contrary directive about the old Naira withdrawal deadline.

So also are business people in the markets and streets…. They too have stopped collecting the old notes to avoid it becoming mere paper in their hands.

In the end, what the APC governors achieved was to create confusion that even got things more complicated. And citizens have decided to go with the CBN
Nlfpmod
Mynd44

Stop writing rubbish. We're enjoying our old notes with confidence because of the pronouncement of the supreme court.

3 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Indispensable85(m): 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
iokpebholo:
After concluding this ur so called transactions, deposit d money at asiwaju mechant bank

Don't worry yourself. You guys are too short sighted. You can't see beyond your nose. I can bet you, nobody will lose a single old note to this useless Emiefele policy. Save this!

3 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by nabiz(m): 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
3ple9iner:
Oga stop lying banks opened today. Did they collect old note? No. Did they pay people? Yes... Are people still spending the old note Yes.
bank in wari open but the reduced to pay or collect deposit. Only transfer was allowed. Filling stations are not collecting the old currency
Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Wealthyonos(m): 8:02pm On Feb 13, 2023
But we still flexing the old notes here in Computer Village, Lagos State.

3 Likes

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Ofunaofu: 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2023
The CBN is in charge of monetary policies not the supreme court

What Elrufai and his co travellers only got was a bullion van procured injunction

1 Like

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by Ogbuefi2020: 8:45pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:
grin

Banks are open
Old note remains legal tender around market
More #200 are now in circulation

Tinubu urchins live in another planet

Re: Has Emefiele Succeeded With The Naira Redesign Despite Supreme Court Order? by daygee12: 8:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
Penguin2:

U think Nigeria will remain the same if stop it? Obidense don't reason at all

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bribery Of Presidential Election Tribunal Judges Have Started / Young Man Caught After Stealing N2M From Parents Account. Photos / The DSS Handler Who Posted Those Disgusting And Embarrassing Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.