Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos (748 Views)

Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) / Peter Obi: Why Labour Party Was Denied Use Of Stadium In Edo – Obaseki / Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by ExAngel007(f): 11:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), says Rilwan Akiolu, the Oba of Lagos, was not “readily available” when he wanted to pay a visit.

Speaking on Monday in a Channels Television interview, Obi dismissed claims that he deliberately refused to visit the Oba of Lagos.

Over the past days, there have been claims in some quarters that the Lagos monarch rejected Obi’s request to visit the palace during the Labour Party (LP) presidential campaign rally.

On Saturday, Obi visited some places in Lagos and held a
rally at the Tafawa Balewa Square, Onikan, Lagos.

On Monday, the LP candidate took his campaign to Computer Village and Ladipo spare parts market — both in Lagos.

Addressing the issue, the former Anambra governor said
comments that the Lagos monarch refused to see him were “untrue”.

“I have lived in Lagos for a very long time and everybody knows that I have the utmost respect for the Oba of Lagos,” he said.

“And I have always done so to every other traditional ruler.

“Everybody knows that on my arrival in Lagos I did ask that I want to visit the Oba, who I regarded as a father figure anytime and anywhere.

“Some even said ‘Oh, he refused to see me or he did not want to see’. It is not true.

“The truth is that when we arrived, we wanted to do what we used to do — arrive, drive to the palace, and see the Oba.

“And we were told that he is not readily available and that we should apply and come at some other date. And that we intend to do because he remains a highly respected father to me and to the entire nation. There is no issue with that.”

https://www.thecable.ng/obi-why-i-couldnt-meet-with-oba-of-lagos/amp

1 Like

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by Moh247: 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
How can you just wake up and drive to a kings house without appointment or even a call

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by Massiveglory: 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
I keenly observed that our Oba of lagos who is usually publicly political , has been silent and operating in silent mode in this election which is very very unlike him.

Usually, he would have been bragging, issuing threats and commands on who to vote.

Since after the "Nebuchadnezzar" treatment given to him by his subjects , the man has been humble.

3 Likes

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by Naijanascam: 11:25pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:
How can you just wake up and drive to a kings house without appointment or even a call

And you are the Oba's spokesperson abi?

Abobaku

7 Likes

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:36pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:

He and his advisers are very stupid.
Instead of making arrangement in advance before arriving in Lagos.
He deliberately acted stupid because he did not want to visit the Oba and knew an impromptu application would be refused.
Peter Obi is a classic and chronic ethnic bigot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by yerokunphilips: 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
Naijanascam:

Abobaku
Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by BossGerald: 11:40pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:

Mohamed247 from faraway kwara state...no dey chuku mouth for wetin no concern you.

The same infamous Oba that hid palliative from Lagosians ...we can never forget oo

Look at him feeling funky undecided

Vote OBI2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by loosecanon50(m): 11:40pm On Feb 13, 2023
“And we were told that he is not readily available and that we should apply and come at some other date.”

Peter Obi will surely apply and go back, then the Oba will welcome him. If the Oba intentionally didn’t want to meet with P.O the first time, then he’ll feel ashamed.

There’s a thick line between maturity and urchinism.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by loosecanon50(m): 11:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:

I can’t remember him booking an appointment with the kings he visited in other states where he campaigned.

I know say you dey play sha, just continue

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by defcon4: 11:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
the guy over humble, to say dem catch am eh
Massiveglory:
I keenly observed that our Oba of lagos who is usually publicly political , has been silent and operating in silent mode in this election which is very very unlike him.

Usually, he would have been bragging, issuing threats and commands on who to vote.

Since after the "Nebuchadnezzar" treatment given to him by his subjects , the man has been humble.

3 Likes

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by histemple: 11:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
BlakKluKluxKlan:

He deliberately acted stupid because he did not want to visit the Oba and knew an impromptu application would be refused.

Oba of Lagos is same as Goodwill Zwelithini of Zulu.
Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by loosecanon50(m): 11:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
Massiveglory:

He has entered silent mode because he has seen the handwriting on the wall. He wants to be in the good books of the our Incoming President H.E Peter Obi

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by Finestgurlie(f): 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:
shatap who's king ?
the useless criminal baale of idumota ?

thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter him

6 Likes

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by aariwa(m): 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2023
Same Nigerian problem but our renewal hope in Nigeria is in Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by Ofunaofu: 11:51pm On Feb 13, 2023
BlakKluKluxKlan:

While you are a classic, chronic ethnic bigot and
tribally condemned urchin

2 Likes

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by Derrickfoster1: 11:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:

Is that how your mother taught you to analyze situations like this?

4 Likes

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by olasaad(f): 1:34am On Feb 14, 2023
Which is they say is not really available

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by samista: 2:00am On Feb 14, 2023
Moh247:
Which stupid king? The one that was threatening people that they will perish in lagoon unless they vote for APC? Is that one a king? He is a disgrace and Obi just smartly avoided being seen paying homage to such an idiot. The same idiotic king that stole and hid palliatives that were meant for the people during COVID-19 until it was discovered and he was chased away from his palace like a common thief.
Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by ImperialYoruba: 2:12am On Feb 14, 2023
He was in Lekki, there is an Oba in Ikate. Why did he not visit that Oba?

He passed through VI and Ikoyi, there is an Oba in each one. Why did he not visit them?

Obi is visiting only ibos in Lagos.

Tomorrow he will twist the story, and say Yorubas were not readily available.

1 Like

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by tungamaje: 2:34am On Feb 14, 2023
ImperialYoruba:
He was in Lekki, there is an Oba in Ikate. Why did he not visit that Oba?

He passed through VI and Ikoyi, there is an Oba in each one. Why did he not visit them?

Obi is visiting only ibos in Lagos.

Tomorrow he will twist the story, and say Yorubas were not readily available.
But he visited Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, isn't that enough?
Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by fuckingAyaya(m): 2:40am On Feb 14, 2023
Naijanascam:

Abobaku
Oba's ketekete

1 Like

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by ImperialYoruba: 3:21am On Feb 14, 2023
tungamaje:

But he visited Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, isn't that enough?

He visited Aare, but has he visited Mayegun?

You and Obi are clowns!

1 Like

Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by royalamour(m): 3:58am On Feb 14, 2023
Peter Obi is emotionally intelligent. We need such person to unit Nigerians.
Re: Obi: Why I Couldn’t Meet With Oba Of Lagos by Mynd44: 5:00am On Feb 14, 2023

(1)

Buhari Should Declare A State Of Emergency In Kadina Now / So Far, The Governors Leading The Fight For Tinubu Are Northern Governors / TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.