Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Those Who Love Are Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Love Are Of God (442 Views)

Arise O Sleepers: Those Who Love Sleep Become Poor / God's Custom Towards Those Who Love His Name / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Love Are Of God by gohf: 9:15am On Feb 14, 2023
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God.
He that loves not knows not God; for God is love
. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Happy Valentine's day, love someone today

But if anyone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need and closes his heart and refuses to helphow can God's love be in that person? Dear children, let’s not love with words or speech, but with action and truth. We must show love through actions that are sincere, not through empty words.

And we have known and believed the love that God has to us. God is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.
If a man say, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he that loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loves God love his brother also.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. If any man love God, the same is known of him. Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him.

If you love me, keep my commandments. He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you.

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law. Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear. There are three things that will endure—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

Love is the language of God's kingdom. Be you Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, traditionalist, if you have no love, you are nothing and not of God.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by Kobojunkie: 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
gohf:
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God.
He that loves not knows not God; for God is love
. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Happy Valentine's day, love someone today

But if anyone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need and closes his heart and refuses to helphow can God's love be in that person? Dear children, let’s not love with words or speech, but with action and truth. We must show love through actions that are sincere, not through empty words.

And we have known and believed the love that God has to us. God is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.
If a man say, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he that loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loves God love his brother also.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. If any man love God, the same is known of him. Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him.

If you love me, keep my commandments. He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you.
Clearly, your claims are against Jesus Christ who obey Him that belong to God.

■ You don't love God if you don't obey God
■ Your love for your fellow man isn't necessarily love for God if it is not done in obedience to God's commandment
■ You cannot be of God if you disobey His commandments claiming you do so out of love for your fellow man
■ God loves only those who obey Him, not those who love their fellow men..

Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear in His sermons that He did not come for all of mankind but only for the Lost sheep of Israel so it is deceit to pretend Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, even those of the Christian religion, etc, belong to His Kingdom in their religious submission. Without obedience, your love and submission is meaningless for without obedience it is impossible to please God and without it, no man shall see God. undecided

Let's desist from spreading more lies using God's name. undecided
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by gohf: 3:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:

■ Your love for your fellow man isn't necessarily love for God if it is not done in obedience to God's commandment
■ You cannot be of God if you disobey His commandments claiming you do so out of love for your fellow man

Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear in His sermons that He did not come for all of mankind but only for the Lost sheep of Israel so it is deceit to pretend Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, even those of the Christian religion, etc, belong to His Kingdom in their religious submission. Without obedience, your love and submission is meaningless for without obedience it is impossible to please God and without it, no man shall see God. undecided

lmao what you quoted and called lies are from the bible
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
gohf:
lmao what you quoted and called lies are from the bible
The part I quoted I did to highlight what is instead of God apart from your conclusion
gohf:
Love is the language of God's kingdom. Be you Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, traditionalist, if you have no love, you are nothing and not of God.
which has absolutely nothing to do with God. undecided

It is one thing to tell folks to love each other but no need to drag God into it all as His kind of love, the love that He commands of His own, is different from the love of the people of the world. undecided
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by gohf: 10:05am On Feb 15, 2023
Hope your Valentine's day went well 😊
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by DianaWills: 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2023
I believe the only way to show your love to God is by helping His being in each and every way possible. Last week I help my fellow people by installing Indoor LED Displays at the local church.
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by gohf: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2023
DianaWills:
I believe the only way to show your love to God is by helping His being in each and every way possible. Last week I help my fellow people by installing Indoor LED Displays at the local church.
God bless you for that 😊😇
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2023
gohf:
God bless you for that 😊😇
Why would God bless such acts? What has God to do with the act or action in question? Does God bless anyone for anything out there they do? undecided

God said His blessings are only realized by those who obey His teachings and commandments so aren't you overstepping by asking that God bless the works of a random person whose fruits you are not privy to? undecided
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by gohf: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why would God bless such acts? What has God to do with the act or action in question? Does God bless anyone for anything out there they do? undecided

God said His blessings are only realized by those who obey His teachings and commandments so aren't you overstepping by asking that God bless the works of a random person whose fruits you are not privy to? undecided
May God help you
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
gohf:
May God help you
help me with what? undecided
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by sonmvayina(m): 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
Not preeq and toto kind of love oh....

E hern, just putting it out there...
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by sonmvayina(m): 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
help me with what? undecided

Sense...

Looks like you are not completely cured from your sickness, I will suggest you repeat the dose again .....
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24am On Feb 16, 2023
gohf:

It's impossible for any group of people to love if they're not meditating on the thoughts, words and actions of Jesus Christ! undecided
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by gohf: 11:47am On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's impossible for any group of people to love if they're not meditating on the thoughts, words and actions of Jesus Christ! undecided
it's actually very possible.

By the same way just recalled a verse speaking about the spirit of God sheds his love upon our hearts
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
gohf:

it's actually very possible.

By the same way just recalled a verse speaking about the spirit of God sheds his love upon our hearts

God is Love! 1John 4:8

Nobody has seen God before! John 1:18

it's impossible to meet up with Godly qualities! Romans 3:23

Because we haven't seen him but people saw Jesus so they can discern what the love of God is through meditating on Jesus' thoughts, considering his words and looking at his actions! 1 Corinthians 2:16

That's why it's actually impossible for any group of people to love if they don't know Jesus of Nazareth! John 3:16 compare to John 14:6 smiley
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by gohf: 9:01pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

God is Love! 1John 4:8

Nobody has seen God before! John 1:18

it's impossible to meet up with Godly qualities! Romans 3:23

Because we haven't seen him but people saw Jesus so they can discern what the love of God is through meditating on Jesus' thoughts, considering his words and looking at his actions! 1 Corinthians 2:16

That's why it's actually impossible for any group of people to love if they don't know Jesus of Nazareth! John 3:16 compare to John 14:6 smiley

people loved before they knew Jesus and still love till date.

Even those in remote villages that have had their own personal believe and encounter with God.

those who love, know God for God is love. Those who love are not those who love material things but those who give and sacrifice and do good to as many as they can. Was Lazarus or the good Samaritan commended because they knew Jesus?
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:19pm On Feb 16, 2023
gohf:
people loved before they knew Jesus and still love till date. Even those in remote villages that have had their own personal believe and encounter with God.
those who love, know God for God is love. Those who love are not those who love material things but those who give and sacrifice and do good to as many as they can. Was Lazarus or the good Samaritan commended because they knew Jesus?

Did they love the way Jesus love?
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by Aguiyimba(m): 1:07am On Feb 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:

The law is love and love is the law.
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by Kobojunkie: 1:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Aguiyimba:
The law is love and love is the law.
If the Law itself is love --- according to your human understanding of it--- why then did God insist in His Law that His Love only belongs to those who obey His teachings and commandments - John 15 vs 9 - 11 - implying that those who do not do all that He commands are His enemies- John 15 vs 14 ? undecided
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by gohf: 8:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Did they love the way Jesus love?

Jesus is God's love to humanity
Re: Those Who Love Are Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
gohf:

Jesus is God's love to humanity
He was willing to die for his friends who have the same line of thought with him {John 10:11; 15:13} so he commanded his disciples to love one another the same way {John 13:34-35} because unselfish love is rare among humans!

(1) (Reply)

How Satan Is Monitoring The Elect Of God In The New World Order / How Do I Become God's Friend? / Where Do Mad Folks Go After Death, Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.