Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This (3921 Views)

Yes Daddy!: Sagir Koki Mimics Peter Obi After Meeting Kwankwaso / Reno Omokri Apologizes To Peter Obi After Accusing Him Of Rigging In Anambra / Ben Bruce Deletes False Tweet About Peter Obi After Hundeyin Called Him Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by silibaba: 6:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
CORNdemn Urchins will be disappointed. My love for Peter Obi will never die.

BY REGINALD TOBIN

In this country, it is unlikely for a Presidential aspirant who is not running under the two major political parties to be a contender in the election. That person will not even gather massive support in the first place.

The few supporters who may hang around such person may likely be family members, close associates and people who must have been paid to do so.

However, In the build up to the 2023 elections which is not too far from now, things seem to be taking a different turn.

Labour Party’s Presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi seems to be changing the paradigm and bringing a new wave into the Nigerian political arena. His cause is fast gathering momentum.

Obi had first declared his intention to vie for the highest political office in the country under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party. But Obi, in what i call a strategic political calculation quickly resigned from the PDP and joined Labour Party to pursue his ambition, going ahead to clinch the party’s Presidential Ticket. That, I consider a smart move.

Obi knew he stood no chance in the PDP, since his kind of politics does not reckon with that of the party. If you must win the Presidential ticket of the PDP, you must be ready to get involved in the “dollar play,” and it is obvious Obi wasn’t in for such. Hence he looked for another platform to pursue his ambition.

It is evident that Obi’s party, Labour, does not have the required structure or even finance to wrestle the Presidential seat with the big wigs, but Obi’s persona has since elevated and brought upon the party a good number of supporters and volunteers which I believe the party has never had since it’s formation.

Obi’s supporters have completely taken over the social media space. I know elections won’t be conducted on social media anyway. But even out of social media, a good number of Nigerians are also routing for him. They cut across young and old people from different ethnic and religious divides. Obi’s supporters and volunteers are numerous.

It’s true that not all Obi’s supporters are registered voters. While some are, some are not. But if those who wish that he becomes President in 2023 all have their permanent voters cards ready before election, I am sure that the Anambra born Businessman and Politician will do far better than some political analysts have predicted.

Still don’t be surprised if before the election, it turns out that about 90 percent of his supporters are eligible voters, because the rate at which his people troop into INEC registration centers to register and get their PVCs is alarming. I have two persons in my workplace who have registered because they want to vote for him. If there is one thing I know, it is that Obi’s supporters are real and genuine. Anyone in doubt of this is certainly not in touch with reality.

But For Obi, a man who is not willing to throw money around unlike his rivals in other parties to still warm his way into the heart of the masses is striking and surprising. Ideally, that is how it ought to be, but that hasn’t been the case in Nigeria anyway.

Obi alone has formed the most popular third force in Nigeria’s politics in recent times.

But what could be Obi’s selling point? Is it because his region (South East) ideally ought to produce the next President of the country? is it because of his style of politics or his past record in public office and style of governance?

As governor of Anambra State, it is a known fact that Obi managed the state’s resources judiciously and paid more attention to things of value, like education. It is also said that he handed over 75billion naira to his successor, while vacating office after his tenure as governor.

For me, one thing I have seen in him is sincerity. Obi is sincere, even when he speaks, you see it in his words. So far, he is the only aspirant who I feel has better knowledge of reviving the economy through local production and one who will prioritize education. Under Obi, maybe our universities will no longer go on strike. The issues between Federal Government and ASUU may also be a thing of the past.

Personally, I like Obi. I like his politics. I like his person. I like the fact that he doesn’t try to be like other politicians just to win the people over. He tells you he doesn’t share money and he doesn’t. Love him or hate him, it doesn’t change him. He is just himself.

I know very well that Peter Obi’s support base is still growing. Day after day, more people are joining his ship. But, he still has some work to do. Apart from the East where he is most likely to have grassroot support, Obi’s supporters in other geo political zones are mostly found in urban areas. He needs to begin to hit the grassroots. He needs to start building structures for his party around the country, especially the north. He needs to further strengthen his campaign all over the country. He needs to begin work immediately. If he can achieve this, then, his road to victory will not have too many hurdles. I wish him well.

Tobin is a journalist. He can be reached via twitter: @Reginaldtobin2

P

E

T

E

R

O

B

I

VOTE WISELY.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
You want to give these people heart attacks. grin grin grin grin grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by Ireportlive: 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
If it's about write long jargons and epistle all over Nairaland then Zombidiots have a chance at Aso Rock .,. But Politics is beyond that

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by Novarisammy2: 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
I saw some of the drug lord hound dogs sneaking out through the back door

disappoinment cleaved on them

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by silibaba: 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
Reinaldo:
You want to give these people heart attacks. grin grin grin grin grin
my brother grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by silibaba: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ireportlive:
If it's about write long jargons and epistle all over Nairaland then Zombidiots have a chance at Aso Rock .,. But Politics is beyond that
agbadorian CORNdemn Urchin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by Goodlady(f): 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
silibaba:
my brother grin grin grin
We v seen Obi n he's under consideration. You people should focus on your main enemy, Atiku of PDP. Except you are a PDP in disguise

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by PrinceOfLagos: 7:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
Obi for life cool

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by lazynairalander1: 7:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ireportlive:

Aren't you an aMAIZEing person?

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by Calabar1stSon: 7:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ireportlive:
Stay one place and stop changing usernames Moh247. BTW, what's up with your propaganda website? Because you've not updated the website with fake news for a long time now?

4 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by donbrowser(m): 7:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by justvictor57(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
U're just a wicked man. You want to finish urchins.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by yarimo(m): 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
silibaba:

BY REGINALD TOBIN

In this country, it is unlikely for a Presidential aspirant who is not running under the two major political parties to be a contender in the election. That person will not even gather massive support in the first place.

The few supporters who may hang around such person may likely be family members, close associates and people who must have been paid to do so.

However, In the build up to the 2023 elections which is not too far from now, things seem to be taking a different turn.

Labour Party’s Presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi seems to be changing the paradigm and bringing a new wave into the Nigerian political arena. His cause is fast gathering momentum.

Obi had first declared his intention to vie for the highest political office in the country under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party. But Obi, in what i call a strategic political calculation quickly resigned from the PDP and joined Labour Party to pursue his ambition, going ahead to clinch the party’s Presidential Ticket. That, I consider a smart move.

Obi knew he stood no chance in the PDP, since his kind of politics does not reckon with that of the party. If you must win the Presidential ticket of the PDP, you must be ready to get involved in the “dollar play,” and it is obvious Obi wasn’t in for such. Hence he looked for another platform to pursue his ambition.

It is evident that Obi’s party, Labour, does not have the required structure or even finance to wrestle the Presidential seat with the big wigs, but Obi’s persona has since elevated and brought upon the party a good number of supporters and volunteers which I believe the party has never had since it’s formation.

Obi’s supporters have completely taken over the social media space. I know elections won’t be conducted on social media anyway. But even out of social media, a good number of Nigerians are also routing for him. They cut across young and old people from different ethnic and religious divides. Obi’s supporters and volunteers are numerous.

It’s true that not all Obi’s supporters are registered voters. While some are, some are not. But if those who wish that he becomes President in 2023 all have their permanent voters cards ready before election, I am sure that the Anambra born Businessman and Politician will do far better than some political analysts have predicted.

Still don’t be surprised if before the election, it turns out that about 90 percent of his supporters are eligible voters, because the rate at which his people troop into INEC registration centers to register and get their PVCs is alarming. I have two persons in my workplace who have registered because they want to vote for him. If there is one thing I know, it is that Obi’s supporters are real and genuine. Anyone in doubt of this is certainly not in touch with reality.

But For Obi, a man who is not willing to throw money around unlike his rivals in other parties to still warm his way into the heart of the masses is striking and surprising. Ideally, that is how it ought to be, but that hasn’t been the case in Nigeria anyway.

Obi alone has formed the most popular third force in Nigeria’s politics in recent times.

But what could be Obi’s selling point? Is it because his region (South East) ideally ought to produce the next President of the country? is it because of his style of politics or his past record in public office and style of governance?

As governor of Anambra State, it is a known fact that Obi managed the state’s resources judiciously and paid more attention to things of value, like education. It is also said that he handed over 75billion naira to his successor, while vacating office after his tenure as governor.

For me, one thing I have seen in him is sincerity. Obi is sincere, even when he speaks, you see it in his words. So far, he is the only aspirant who I feel has better knowledge of reviving the economy through local production and one who will prioritize education. Under Obi, maybe our universities will no longer go on strike. The issues between Federal Government and ASUU may also be a thing of the past.

Personally, I like Obi. I like his politics. I like his person. I like the fact that he doesn’t try to be like other politicians just to win the people over. He tells you he doesn’t share money and he doesn’t. Love him or hate him, it doesn’t change him. He is just himself.

I know very well that Peter Obi’s support base is still growing. Day after day, more people are joining his ship. But, he still has some work to do. Apart from the East where he is most likely to have grassroot support, Obi’s supporters in other geo political zones are mostly found in urban areas. He needs to begin to hit the grassroots. He needs to start building structures for his party around the country, especially the north. He needs to further strengthen his campaign all over the country. He needs to begin work immediately. If he can achieve this, then, his road to victory will not have too many hurdles. I wish him well.

P

E

T

E

R

O

B

I

VOTE WISELY.
Nigerians vote wisely

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
silibaba:

BY REGINALD TOBIN

P

E

T

E

R

O

B

I

VOTE WISELY.

The epistle is long to read..who get summary?

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by chubinwa(m): 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2023
Something to urchinate

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by Aldol: 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
Obi is going nowhere

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by Lionmachala(m): 1:00am On Feb 15, 2023
Where are the Pablo Escobar boys and Osama boy grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by nairanaira12: 1:51am On Feb 15, 2023
Ireportlive:

Your own idea of playing politics is to threaten other people with violence in lagos, right?

That idiot at eti osa is forcing people to vote for APC.

Iyaloja, tinubu's daughter, is forcing market women to attend rally

Olu omo, the street thug, is threatening voters.

King of Lagos Island, akiolu the corrupt policeman, threatened people to vote for APC.

Your cursed, morally rotten party can only win election by threatening voters.

You guys are cursed.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by Princesaha: 1:52am On Feb 15, 2023
I came here to urchinate happily but na heartache I get finally. This post is not good for my health.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by nairanaira12: 1:54am On Feb 15, 2023
yarimo:
Nigerians vote wisely

Yrs, they should choose between the party threatening voters in lagos and others that do not.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by Ireportlive: 1:55am On Feb 15, 2023
nairanaira12:

Your own idea of playing politics is to threaten other people with violence in lagos, right?

That idiot at eti osa is forcing people to vote for APC.

Iyaloja, tinubu's daughter, is forcing market women to attend rally

Olu omo, the street thug, is threatening voters.

King of Lagos Island, akiolu the corrupt policeman, threatened people to vote for APC.

Your cursed, morally rotten party can only win election by threatening voters.

You guys are cursed.

No my own idea is to report. Insult, inciteful comment and ethnic slurs

Rule 2 mynd44 Seun Nlfpmod dominique Obinoscopy
Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by OgaTheTop2: 2:10am On Feb 15, 2023
No doubt.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by Mfetenang: 3:38am On Feb 15, 2023
Failure supports Failure, IPOB supports IPOB- LOSER SUPPORTS LOSER.
Re: I Will Stop Canvassing For Obi After I Saw This by yarimo(m): 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
nairanaira12:

Yrs, they should choose between the party threatening voters in lagos and others that do not.
They should choose who will not bribe a whole CAN for endorsement

(1) (Reply)

To Obidients That Always Call BAT A Drug Dealer. Please See This / “obasanjo Sabotaged Nigeria’s Destiny” - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Letter From Shehu Shagari To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.