Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! (8059 Views)

Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? / How Can I Disvirgin My Passport? Help Please... / Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by jokepearl(f): 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2007
My Passport Fell In Water

hello,
please i need your advise, my passport slept in water for 2 days (long story). the passport is actually ok but the signature (green signture not the stamp) on the 1st page has cleaned off.i ve actually used it after that even got a uk visa with it, but with the gist i am getting about how nigerian passport are throughly checked i don't know what to do.
any advice?
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by nana(f): 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2007
Go to the passport office and tell them.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by BlackMamba(m): 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2007
What's the jail time for replacing a damaged passport? I forgot.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by marjson(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2007
WHT I THINK YOU SHOULD DO IS DEFINITELY DO POLICE REPORT THAT YOU LOST YOUR PASSPORT AND AFFIDAVIT SO YOU CAN BE ISSUED A NEW ONE, AND LATER DESTROYED THAT FINALLY SINCE IT IS PARTIALLY DESTROYED,

GOD WILL PUT YOU THROUGH BUT TO BE CANDID YOU ARE CARELESS ABOUT IT, THAT IT SPENT TWO DAYS IN WATER BEFORE YOU DETECT IT,
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by jokepearl(f): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2007
I've a visa on it(i got the visa after the incedent), someone working in the passport office said it doesn't matter that its still valid. i just wanted to find out.
Thanks for the advise.

@marjson
maybe , but what really happpened is this, i kept it in the office with other documents came back on monday to find the place flooded and it affected my package so its not really my fault.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by marjson(m): 11:27am On Aug 30, 2007
cool NOTWITHSTANDING, I THINK YOU WILL NEED A FORMAL DOCUMENT MAY BE AN AFFIDAFIT TO BACK IT UP ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU SAID THE SIGNATURE IS NO MORE REFLECTING AND SINCE YOU SAID SOME ONE IN THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE SAID ITS STILL VALID, YOU CAN AT LEAST TRY USING IT, smiley I PRAY IT WORKS WELL FOR YOU,
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by sojioguns(m): 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2007
DO NOT TRY TO USE THE PASSPORT! Take some time out of your busy schedule and go to the passport office after swearing an affidavit and get it replaced. It doesnt take too long.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by dblock(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2007
It's just the signature now.

Should be good to Travel.

There's no immediate need to replace, save your money,Tis better spent on Suya and Gari.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by Akolawole(m): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Author

With our green passport please dont gamble.

1) send an email to BHC that you lost your passport.

2) Swear an affidavit, get a new passport.

BHC will call you to transfer the previous visa to the new passport butits very likely that your thumb print will be compared.

Good luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is just my opinion so its not binding at all.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by rowlandwhy: 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2007
Dear joke,
This is not yet an issue, be confident and bold to use it since u never got it illegally.
By the way some other passports are more mutilated than yours and the bearers do travel with them.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by T2(m): 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2007
Abeg, don’t listen to people that tell you to lie your passport is stolen. That is just compounding the story as for life when you fill Visa forms you have to state your passport has once been stolen (its a question on most forms) and that immediately raises suspicion. (unless you want to spin yet another lie)

I will advise you to take it to a passport office and have them make an observation on it ( you have an observation page). All they need is another stamp and make note of the damage of it is not extensive, simple.

Dont lie please, our ppl sha.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by Moyodayo: 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2007
Take the passport to immigration office where it was issued,then tell them what happened.I believe there will be a solution.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by walenchy11: 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2007
Book your US visa appointment for just N15,000 within 1 week. Leave your information now pay when we secure appointment for you. Above price is negotiable if you are booking more than 3 appointment. Mail me if you are interested at olofintuade@gmail.com.

For Nigerians only
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by WarfyBoy(m): 1:54am On Aug 31, 2007
its a pity, you have got to be lucky som other times, i wish u gr8 success in your travelin stuff, i pray that the passport stuff will not b a set back, u hav got to pray abt this u kno
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by Barrackboy(m): 10:08am On Aug 31, 2007
@jokepearl
The international passport is a legal document for indentification of its owner. Being a legal document, it derives its validity from several features/factors. If for any reason, any of its unique features is altered, then there's cause to doubt its validity. It's the passport control signature that has been washed off! That is the signature of the immigration officer authorising the issuance of your passport! I would advise that you visit the nearest immigration office to seek a solution and forestall any costly future embarrassment! Any eagled-eye/mischievous immigration officer in Nigeria can claim that your passport was forged. Immagine you just arriving the country from an international trip? Do the right thing. Good luck.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by Akolawole(m): 11:49am On Aug 31, 2007
T2:

Abeg, don’t listen to people that tell you to lie your passport is stolen. That is just compounding the story as for life when you fill Visa forms you have to state your passport has once been stolen (its a question on most forms) and that immediately raises suspicion. (unless you want to spin yet another lie)

I will advise you to take it to a passport office and have them make an observation on it ( you have an observation page). All they need is another stamp and make note of the damage of it is not extensive, simple.

My friend,

Who like lies? Nobody does

Do you think immigration officers abroad believes in Nigeria's immigration staff?

If i dont know of any,i definitely know that British high commision dont regard Naija Immigration landing stamp at all.

Let the poster travel to Germany or on Transit to UK, she will see pepper.

Just my opinion sha.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by Barrackboy(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2007
Akolawole:

My friend,

Who like lies? Nobody does

Do you think immigration officers abroad believes in Nigeria's immigration staff?

If i don't know of any,i definitely know that British high commision don't regard Naija Immigration landing stamp at all.

Let the poster travel to Germany or on Transit to UK, she will see pepper.

Just my opinion sha.

If they don't believe in you, DOES IT MAKE YOU NOT TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF? What we are talking here is doing what is right. Let the poster go to the immigration office in order to correct the anomaly on the passport. That's what we are talking about! shikena!
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by Neyoyo(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2007
My advice is this, go the immigration office ,complain about the defaced passport, and I'm sure a solution will be

found.Don't attempt to travel with the passport like that to forestall any embarrassment.Also do not claim u lost

the passport ,u never know if it may boomerang on you.Just do the right thing. Right is always right.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by jokepearl(f): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2007
I want to thank everyone for their advise, i'm grateul.

I ve decided to go to the passport office, ll give u all feedback. thanks once again.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by ssRhino: 5:09am On Sep 03, 2007
i would rather go and get a new passport and maybe attached both together, if i get your drift well, it did not affect teh visa itself.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by backnbeta(f): 6:01am On Sep 03, 2007
@poster,
Please go to the immigration office. . . it won't take a strand of hair off your head, they'll at least advise you on what to do. If you see how they scrutinize naija passport you'll be weak. Why declare it missing when you still have it? why declare it missing when you've not even tried finding a real solution to the problem? Don't travel with it without taking appropriate steps, it's a risk that's not worth taking.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by kaydee(m): 9:30pm On Sep 06, 2007
Since U traveled with it after that,no lele.Just explain to them
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by edmondo(m): 11:34pm On Sep 06, 2007
@poster,plz let follow due process here,
your signature authenticate ur int passport
so if d signature is nt there,dat means its fake
mak u go to d nearest immigration office,shikena!
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by princeonx: 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2007
Your Nigerian passport was just a 30 pages jotter joined together but having a UK visa on it makes it more of a travel document! What ever you do, don't destroy it! Get a police report and go to any Nigerian passport office for an addition of pages. They mostly issue this addition (10-15 extra pages) to people with valid passport but no more room for visas. This passport in most cases has the same number!! In your situation, they should allow you to keep the old (wet one) cux it has same pass number with the old one! Good luck!
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by riffy: 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2007
Yes this is what you should do, go to the passport office.they will sign on that page for you . if you have to do a new one, if will be the epassport and it will cost you. If you are in lagos come to 3Av.festac town immigration office. or you can call me and i will tell you who to meet that will help you out. (08033477790 sheriff) that is at the immigration office festac.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by Mystique(f): 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2007
There is no long thing here, just apply for a new passport, the old one is condemned. . . !! cheesy
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by ralphorb(m): 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2007
if the information on the laminated page of the passport is still ok and the passport number is also available on the passport, never mind of changing it since its original.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by riffy: 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2007
Yes this is what you should do, go to the passport office.they will sign on that page for you . if you have to do a new one, it will be the epassport and it will cost you. If you are in lagos come to 3Av.festac town immigration office. or you can call me and i will tell you who to meet that will help you out. (08033477790 sheriff) that is at the immigration office festac.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by jokepearl(f): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2007
hello everyone,
thanks so much for your advice and suggestions i am now in London i arrived today. i didn't ve any problem with my passport, every thing went smoothly, although i had an affidavit sworn just in case but it wasn't needed. so,
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by jokepearl(f): 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2007
@siena
thanks i hope to enjoy myself. though i m not very happy at the moment, but i am sure things will work out fine. trying to get a job now i hope i do.
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by OLAT112: 9:00am On Nov 14, 2018
Plz guys I need ur help, water poured on my passport though everything is OK but on my picture my neck downward is white and black and the remaining is OK does that make it invalid?
Re: My Passport Slept In Water For Two Days! by Nairaboi(m): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
OLAT112:
Plz guys I need ur help, water poured on my passport though everything is OK but on my picture my neck downward is white and black and the remaining is OK does that make it invalid?
Its a damaged passport. Go to a court and swear affidavit for damaged passport, then come to the NIS HQ in Abuja for a renewal

(1) (Reply)

Relocating To Uk / Before You Relocate To Ghana,read This! / Nigerians In Minnesota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.