Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

What New Naira Policy Did To Me - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What New Naira Policy Did To Me (2785 Views)

What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. / Expatriate Policy: Employ Nigerians Or Face Sanctions, FG Tells Firms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What New Naira Policy Did To Me by valETA1(m): 12:32am On Feb 15, 2023
Without long epistle, i have 2500 naira which happens to be the last money i withdrew from account hoping, court order will delay the dateline, since we were already past 10th.

So i set out today for the on-going INEC PO/APO adhoc staff training, a journey which is 750 to and fro. As at that time there were complains of intending rejection of old notes from motorist, thoughts they were not serious

Past 6pm we were done with Training, came out to realise no more taxi riders under the surface of the Earth collecting old notes. To cut the rest story short, most people with old notes were scrabbling, looking for ways to sorts their issues. Reasons being that everyone heard an announcement by Emefiele as at 2 or thereabout about no going back, so the motorist stopped getting it.

Training that was done by past 6pm, i came bck past 9, after trekking for miles before a good samaritan taxi listened to my plea, saw my proof but still refused it.
Don't know if any one has ever been stranded at a distance not trekeable.

Tomorrow i will be going back to the same training which will last till thursday.

Please Someone should help me even if its 1k, let me sort myself for transport tomoro pls, by Thursday i may be able to sort myself out pls, it was 2500 old note i had, am currently seeing 1500( i haven't seen 1k part of it) which is useless as am typing. I know i cant go to CBN to sort myself out with their procedures and get result b4 1pm which am to go back to training tomorrow.

Please good people, help me finish what i just started as i can't miss the training tomorrow pls. I will post my accnt details ifif requuested. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Dididrumz(m): 12:42am On Feb 15, 2023
valETA1:
. I will post my accnt details ifif requuested. Thank you.

Drop.

3 Likes

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by FromZeroToHero(m): 1:54am On Feb 15, 2023
How do you intend to get the new note even if someone sent you money?

20 Likes

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Chidibe212(f): 2:01am On Feb 15, 2023
valETA1:
Without long epistle, i have 2500 naira which happens to be the last money i withdrew from account hoping, court order will delay the dateline, since we were already past 10th.

So i set out today for the on-going INEC PO/APO adhoc staff training, a journey which is 750 to and fro. As at that time there were complains of intending rejection of old notes from motorist, thoughts they were not serious

Past 6pm we were done with Training, came out to realise no more taxi riders under the surface of the Earth collecting old notes. To cut the rest story short, most people with old notes were scrabbling, looking for ways to sorts their issues. Reasons being that everyone heard an announcement by Emefiele as at 2 or thereabout about no going back, so the motorist stopped getting it.

Training that was done by past 6pm, i came bck past 9, after trekking for miles before a good samaritan taxi listened to my plea, saw my proof but still refused it.
Don't know if any one has ever been stranded at a distance not trekeable.

Tomorrow i will be going back to the same training which will last till thursday.

Please Someone should help me even if its 1k, let me sort myself for transport tomoro pls, by Thursday i may be able to sort myself out pls, it was 2500 old note i had, am currently seeing 1500( i haven't seen 1k part of it) which is useless as am typing. I know i cant go to CBN to sort myself out with their procedures and get result b4 1pm which am to go back to training tomorrow.

Please good people, help me finish what i just started as i can't miss the training tomorrow pls. I will post my accnt details ifif requuested. Thank you.

"Money I withdrew from account hoping court order will delay the dateline, since we were already past 10th"

It's your stubborn type that needs to be flogged in Nigeria. It's not like you were ignorant o...you were aware about the deadline but you just want to be stubborn. What happened to safer than never? And now your are at the mercy for help.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by internationalman(m): 2:45am On Feb 15, 2023
Funny enough the new notes in circulation in my State is not up to 10% of the total money in circulation...

Nigeria ought to be the most useless country on earth and this Emefiele policy has to be dumbest made by any Nigerian politician

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Jamesbiodun(m): 3:30am On Feb 15, 2023
My area here, POS give out old note
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Goodness34: 4:12am On Feb 15, 2023
FromZeroToHero:
I wish I even have the old one see my life now is pure hell
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Tyga100: 5:13am On Feb 15, 2023
This is my FCMB account

Thanks and God bless.
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by valETA1(m): 6:08am On Feb 15, 2023
Dididrumz:

Drop.
Good morning 6370074943 Usenobong Okon Fidelity Bank
Thank you sir
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by valETA1(m): 6:11am On Feb 15, 2023
FromZeroToHero:

They are few POS i know, that issue new notes, bt at rate higher than the old notes. But i don't know now old note abandoned.
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by valETA1(m): 6:20am On Feb 15, 2023
Chidibe212:

"Money I withdrew from account hoping court order will delay the dateline, since we were already past 10th"

It's your stubborn type that needs to be flogged in Nigeria. It's not like you were ignorant o...you were aware about the deadline but you just want to be stubborn. What happened to safer than never? And now your are at the mercy for help.

Not rilli stubborness sir, i thought i would confortably keep that amount and take care of my fares tru out the training days, since it was still accepted after the 10th dateline.

Moreover, i tried taking it to the bank on Monday, bt wasn't successful, couldn't even gain entrance.
My only mistake was not paying the amount i was asked for deposits at the POS.

2 Likes

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by jasent(m): 6:55am On Feb 15, 2023
internationalman:
Funny enough the new notes in circulation in my State is not up to 10% of the total money in circulation...

Nigeria ought to be the most useless country on earth and this Buhari policy has to be dumbest made by any Nigerian politician
Fixed. If Buhari reject the policy it won't be implemented. Blame it on Buhari
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by SMJay: 7:04am On Feb 15, 2023
How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN
GUIDELINES TO DEPOSIT OLD NGN1000, NGN500 AND NGN200 NOTES AT THE CBN

• Please note that this is a Cash Deposit Program not a Cash Swap Program.

You will not be issued new notes In exchange for old notes, instead your bank account will be credited after your account is validated by law enforcement.

This process may take up to 4 weeks.

• If the validation of account turns out negative, the Bank will return the deposited notes

• Third party deposits are not allowed, The account information provided must be that of the depositor.

• Members of the public are required to complete an online application form and generate a reference number before coming to the CON.

Where a customer did not pre-fill their form, he/she will be given the opportunity to fill the form at the Branch.

• The Cash Deposit Window Is open to the public from February 15 — 17, 2023 between 9am to 2pm daily.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Reference cede generated from completed online application form fill on CBN Portal.

2 An active Deposit money Bank account e.g. Access, Zenith, GT, Keystone Banks.

3. A bank Verification Number (BVN)

4. A valid Federal Government issued identity card (NIN, Driver's License, Voters Card, International Passport).

1 Like

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Dididrumz(m): 7:19am On Feb 15, 2023
valETA1:

Good morning
Usenobong Okon
Fidelity Bank

Thank you sir

Cheers 💪💪
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Lamanii22(f): 7:24am On Feb 15, 2023
Old note that we are still spending comfortably here… I don’t understand Nigerians anymore….
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by valETA1(m): 7:47am On Feb 15, 2023
Lamanii22:
Old note that we are still spending comfortably here… I don’t understand Nigerians anymore….
Where is ur location ?
As at monday and yesterday morning,there was no issues, except rumours of some banks refusal.

Just suprised, after 3hrs, taxi pple refused the note.

Even the viewing centre rejected, i couldnt watch match.

I know it may not be everywere though, i'll still explore options. But my issue was transportation today, because keke riders r not collecting again
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Minjim: 7:47am On Feb 15, 2023
Good question
It's not like we don't have money in the bank. But only POS is accessible now and they give mostly old notes .
FromZeroToHero:

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by valETA1(m): 7:49am On Feb 15, 2023
Dididrumz:

Drop.
Boss thank you, am greatful

2 Likes

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Mhykel217(m): 8:53am On Feb 15, 2023
Everyday one wakes up to see a new pattern of begging. Shem

1 Like

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Light78: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2023
Ordinary to endure for months, some Nigerians can't.

I wonder how you guys want your country to be like America, Dubai, Qatar and the rest.

It takes a lot of sacrifices and patience before good things emanates.

Now kidnapping has reduced.

Armed robbery has reduced.

Vote buying has reduced

March is already coming for a new beginning.
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by faceland: 9:44am On Feb 15, 2023
Some banks would take it... Also find a POS that accept it. Friday is the last day CBN would collect it.
You have to fill form and give BVN plus amount you intend t deposit, generate a code and go to the CBN, they would despite in your account after approval and collection.

After the February 17th Deadline, this is what you should do to you old currency;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsnpvGWqVB0

This is what you can do from now to a day after tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTzAhyFN4N8

Election is next week
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by chimeremodlyn: 11:18am On Feb 15, 2023
Dididrumz:

Cheers 💪💪

You are a good person. May God bless you richly
Hope you're not planning to vote Tinubu

1 Like

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Kemizie(f): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2023
Problems that comes with the new naira notes. It's well there

However, incase if you have been looking for a cure for your High BP, Guess what?
I have a sure plug on how you can get cured in less than 90 days without the use of drugs

Suprised?, Don't worry just click the link on my signature to learn more
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Kingdemu: 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2023
SMJay:
How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN
GUIDELINES TO DEPOSIT OLD NGN1000, NGN500 AND NGN200 NOTES AT THE CBN

• Please note that this is a Cash Deposit Program not a Cash Swap Program.

You will not be issued new notes In exchange for old notes, instead your bank account will be credited after your account is validated by law enforcement.

This process may take up to 4 weeks.

• If the validation of account turns out negative, the Bank will return the deposited notes

• Third party deposits are not allowed, The account information provided must be that of the depositor.

• Members of the public are required to complete an online application form and generate a reference number before coming to the CON.

Where a customer did not pre-fill their form, he/she will be given the opportunity to fill the form at the Branch.

• The Cash Deposit Window Is open to the public from February 15 — 17, 2023 between 9am to 2pm daily.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Reference cede generated from completed online application form fill on CBN Portal.

2 An active Deposit money Bank account e.g. Access, Zenith, GT, Keystone Banks.

3. A bank Verification Number (BVN)

4. A valid Federal Government issued identity card (NIN, Driver's License, Voters Card, International Passport).
Do you have a link to the portal?

1 Like

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by ojotobiloba1: 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2023
Dididrumz:

Drop.
Out of context, but pls help me also. Just have mercy on me
I am seeing shege at the moment
0049632249 Gtbank.. Pls
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Djosmanzw(m): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2023
How to use your boyfriend or Girlfriend's Whatsapp in 2023 - 100% WORKING TRICK
Step on how you can have acces to your partner's Whatsapp

Download WaBox Apk here https://justknow-it.com/how-to-use-your-boyfriend-or-girlfriends-whatsapp-in-2023-100-working-trick
Install WaBox Apk
Open WaBox Apk
Click On Whatsapp Web
Wait Until Its Done Loading [ you will see a QR code when its done and we will need it on step 12]
Now you will need you Boyfriend or Girlfriend's phone [do it without being caught]
Open whatsapp on his/her phone
Click on the three dots shown on the picture
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by RealLordZeus(m): 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2023
Chidibe212:

If I get juju, I swear i fit curse you..
You are blaming the poor guy for collecting old note, did you give him the new note and he reject it..

For the past one week till yesterday, I have been paying 200 for every #1000 ..
Today that I rejected old note from POS, I'm at vulcaniser place since 2 hrs now looking for #200 to pay the stupid mf for gauging tyre.

You may be living in the diaspora for making such senseless comment

5 Likes

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Lamanii22(f): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2023
valETA1:

Where is ur location ?
As at monday and yesterday morning,there was no issues, except rumours of some banks refusal.

Just suprised, after 3hrs, taxi pple refused the note.

Even the viewing centre rejected, i couldnt watch match.

I know it may not be everywere though, i'll still explore options. But my issue was transportation today, because keke riders r not collecting again

I live around isolo, keke riders are collecting it... Still spending it comfortably today sef
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Thermodynamics(m): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2023
Chidibe212:

What did you expect him to do? Where do you expect him to get the new note from? You people will just be talking as if your brain is not working

1 Like

Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Thermodynamics(m): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
Tyga100:
This is my FCMB account

Thanks and God bless.

Na you them ask?
Are you the OP?
Re: What New Naira Policy Did To Me by Aldol: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2023
Good for you...sebi you were one of those supporting this policy..na God catch you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job Interview Tips - Urgent / Vacancies In The Guardian Of 18th September 07 / Massive Bank Recruitment June/july 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.