Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon (21891 Views)

Fellow Job Hunters Please Help / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2023
I have noticed that some Nigerians have a way of putting all the blames on politicians as the ones destroying the country when they themselves are equally contributing.

A fellow job seeker turned back and do evil to me for the good intention I had for him. I was only trying to be a human which of course I always try to be no matter how tight it is with me. Not as though I have but I would share the little i have when I see someone so in need.

I met this guy in an interview venue and we got talking based on job search experiences, how we got to hear about the very one we were at, about the company, tips we can use to perform better in the interview and all that.

I think we were more than 40 in that place and interview was based on first come, you pick a number based on your arrival time and wait to be called in.

So the guy went in first before me, and came out to meet me waiting. On coming out, I tried to ask him to hint me based on some questions asked inside. The interview was scheduled for 10am but it started way late, around to 12pm. So not long after which he came out, he started complaining of hunger. I told him I am hungry too, and truly nothing entered my mouth that morning, so I was seriously hungry too. From hunger, he brought in the issue of how he managed to get to the venue due to lack of transport fare. He then asked me if I can assist with any amount to pay his way back. To be very open with him, I removed the last N500 that was with me and showed him. I told him I am the same. We are all struggling as we don't have a job yet. In fact, why I have N500 in my pocket is because I woke up early enough to prepare which I partly trekked to the place just to save some expenses. Just because I saw frustration in him and the humanity in me won't let me be, I wanted to give him N150 from the money while I keep N350 for myself. From our conversation, my distance was even farer than his.

So I wanted to go out with him to go look for change but just then, it was my turn to go in for the interview. Already the money was in his hand, so he said I should go in for my interview while he goes out to look for change and come back. I thought I was dealing with a human being, not knowing I was making a mistake. Leaving him with the money was the mistake I made. I'm only human after all, and I have learnt my lesson but it won't stop me from being good.

To cut the story short, that guy ran away with my only N500. That was all that was with me in and out. I mean home and abroad, all with me was the N500. Account balance looks like a radio frequency - 87.9. Laughable. So nothing was reachable any where else but even after telling him, he still decided to pay me back with evil.

To think he is a job seeker and he still behave that way, I won't curse him even though he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours, going home with an empty stomach.

May he reap whatever he sows. I'm sure he won't come back to the place even if he's called up for the job, which I doubt though. And I pray I am shortlisted for the job, to bring joy to me.

Although a sad one for me but I pity his life.

290 Likes 18 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2023
May God bless all the job seekers with good jobs.

114 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Neverslumber(f): 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2023
Sorry for your bad experience

81 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by PowerOfLove: 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2023
People are just terrible.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Tallesty1(m): 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
This is not being human, you were careless

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Hezzyluv: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2023
MostImportant:
I have noticed that some Nigerians have a way of putting all the blames on politicians as the ones destroying the country when they themselves are equally contributing.

A fellow job seeker turned back and do evil to me for the good intention I had for him. I was only trying to be a human which of course I always try to be no matter how tight it is with me. Not as though I have but I would share the little i have when I see someone so in need.

I met this guy in an interview venue and we got talking based on job search experiences, how we got to hear about the very one we were at, about the company, tips we can use to perform better in the interview and all that.

I think we were more than 40 in that place and interview was based on first come, you pick a number based on your arrival time and wait to be called in.

So the guy went in first before me, and came out to meet me waiting. On coming out, I tried to ask him to hint me based on some questions asked inside. The interview was scheduled for 10am but it started way late, around to 12pm. So not long after which he came out, he started complaining of hunger. I told him I am hungry too, and truly nothing entered my mouth that morning, so I was seriously hungry too. From hunger, he brought in the issue of how he managed to get to the venue due to lack of transport fare. He then asked me if I can assist with any amount to pay his way back. To be very open with him, I removed the last N500 that was with me and showed him. I told him I am the same. We are all struggling as we don't have a job yet. In fact, why I have N500 in my pocket is because I woke up early enough to prepare which I partly trekked to the place just to save some expenses. Just because I saw frustration in him and the humanity in me won't let me be, I wanted to give him N150 from the money while I keep N350 for myself. From our conversation, my distance was even farer than his.

So I wanted to go out with him to go look for change but just then, it was my turn to go in for the interview. Already the money was in his hand, so he said I should go in for my interview while he goes out to look for change and come back. I thought I was dealing with a human being, not knowing I was making a mistake. Leaving him with the money was the mistake I made. I'm only human after all, and I have learnt my lesson but it won't stop me from being good.

To cut the story short, that guy ran away with my only N500. That was all that was with me in and out. I mean home and abroad, all with me was the N500. Account balance looks like a radio frequency - 87.9. Laughable. So nothing was reachable any where else but even after telling him, he still decided to pay me back with evil.

To think he is a job seeker and he still behave that way, I won't curse him even though he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours, going home with an empty stomach.

May he reap whatever he sows. I'm sure he won't come back to the place even if he's called up for the job, which I doubt though. And I pray I am shortlisted for the job, to bring joy to me.

If you know wetin my eyes see because l like showing comparison to persons, you wouldn't believe it. I'm even shy of telling people my ordeals because they will see me as a fool. Regardless, it never stop me from rendering assistance to people because it's just part of me.

God and nature sees your heart towards him, I believe you will back what he has stolen in folds.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by brain54(m): 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2023
87.9…

Nice radio frequency.

Hunger bad fm radio.

Good luck with the job bro!

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Wawelexy(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2023
What if you were both employed? What explanation is he going to give? Just too bad..

Pray you get the job

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Caaz: 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
Been nice most times is a curse.i have had lots of regretful experiences.

One I helped recently when hunger wanted finishing his destiny,had the gut to credit my money inside my acct with fake alert.

Today he still came to asked for #500 to feed.
I opted sending my kid to go give him food.
To help some sets of humans dey very frustrating wallaihi.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
brain54:
87.9…

Nice radio frequency.

Hunger bad fm radio.

Good luck with the job bro!

Lol @ Hunger Bad Fm Radio. E reach that level.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by 55truth: 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
"Fear human being" is a phrase you refused to take seriously.

Sorry for your bad encounter.

This is front page worthy.

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, nlfpmod, Dominique etc.

15 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Caleb15(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2023
Learners must learn no matter the frequency you tuned into

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2023
Wawelexy:
What if you were both employed? What explanation is he going to give? Just too bad..

Pray you get the job

You think he can come back to the place even if he's shortlisted?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
Imagine the person someone was trying to help

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by ILikeYou: 7:51pm On Apr 03, 2023
You have collected the money back from him before going inside. To me, it wasn't sensible enough you risk your last card.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by EriMma1: 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hm.. it's people like him that make it difficult for genuine people to get help. Such a wicked soul.

You should have told him to wait for you to finish your interview so both of you can go together.

Never trust a stranger, no matter what.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
I don't even know why I'm laughing at this evil I just read. Forgive him wholeheartedly and ask God to bless you in return. Do not hold him in your heart, release him for your own blessings, use the situation as point of contact. God's test can come in the least expected ways. It is well with you.

41 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Jesse6(m): 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
My brother being nice these days e get as e be.
Na person dey mk person wicked

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2023
MostImportant:

By the grace of God,
Even in the dream i can't make such error.

However, you were supposed to go back and report him to the interviewer . They might call his number and trick him to come or you will be sure he won't get the job at least that

way you will be helping your interviewer not to employ a bad person and they might have assisted you with transport after trying to reach the guy .

Modified
Do not be easily moved by people's stories.

Even if you want to help to pay for transport fare for a stranger,give the money to the driver or conductor .

Most beggars like that are drug junkies no matter where you meet them whether in church or on the road.
If they ask for food, check around to see if the place is a busy place then look for a food vendor around and pay the money to that person .

Last wise word
Tell the driver, conductor or food vendor not to give the money to the person that is if you are going before the vehicle sets off or if there is a crowd waiting to buy food.

My personal story

A woman in her late fifties was in a road side park and asked me to please pay transport fare for her that she wanted to go to owerri that she misplaced her money and phone .

I took pity on her and asked her how much she said about #5000 naira would do plus she would like to take some refreshment as they are going I said okay...

I went to ask the passengers in the car loading and they confirmed the price she told me was correct.

I asked for the driver and they showed me,I walked a few steps back to the lady to come so that i can give the driver the money and tell him to give her the change for refreshment but she said she is not a kid that i should give her the money in the hand to pay by herself .

I new i had seen a local thief .I just left her and went my way.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Deicide: 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2023
You don;t really know if he ran away with the money or not. what if he had given it to someone to give it to you and they didn't? the truth is we don't really know what happened.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 10:07pm On Apr 03, 2023
EriMma1:
Hm.. it's people like him that make it difficult for genuine people to get help. Such a wicked soul.

You should have told him to wait for you to finish your interview so both of you can go together.

Never trust a stranger, no matter what.

You needed to see how in a haste he was
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Rexymania(m): 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2023
God will surprise you

4 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by EriMma1: 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
MostImportant:

You needed to see how in a haste he was

That's because he has a mission.

2 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2023
MostImportant:

Sorry about that.

This earth is nothing. You eat today you'll still feel hungry tomorrow - so why steal ? And even do so to one assisting you.

Haba na

G-d will bless you, don't mind

2 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Learner247: 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
MostImportant:

Sorry about that experience. Be assured that you will be very successful in life.

Drop your bank details.

Modified
Sent.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Juliearth(f): 12:19am On Apr 04, 2023
You trust too easily. Take this as a lesson. As a matter of fact, be glad that it is happening now and with a meagre amount as against in the future with millions.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Juliearth(f): 12:19am On Apr 04, 2023
Learner247:

Sorry about that experience. Be assured that you will be very successful in life.

Drop your bank details.

God bless your heart.

5 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Mabizeka: 2:24am On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:
This is not being human, you were careless
How was he careless? By trying to help someone in need?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by seanwilliam(m): 4:30am On Apr 04, 2023
You’re nice but not smart

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 7:23am On Apr 04, 2023
IblivinJesus:

By the grace of God,
Even in the dream i can't make such error.

However, you were supposed to go back and report him to the interviewer . They might call his number and trick him to come or you will be sure he won't get the job at least that

way you will be helping your interviewer not to employ a bad person and they might have assisted you with transport after trying to reach the guy .

Modified
Do not be easily moved by people's stories.

Even if you want to help to pay for transport fare for a stranger,give the money to the driver or conductor .

Most beggars like that are drug junkies no matter where you meet them whether in church or on the road.
If they ask for food, check around to see if the place is a busy place then look for a food vendor around and pay the money to that person .

Last wise word
Tell the driver, conductor or food vendor not to give the money to the person that is if you are going before the vehicle sets off or if there is a crowd waiting to buy food.

My personal story

A woman in her late fifties was in a road side park and asked me to please pay transport fare for her that she wanted to go to owerri that she misplaced her money and phone .

I took pity on her and asked her how much she said about #5000 naira would do plus she would like to take some refreshment as they are going I said okay...

I went to ask the passengers in the car loading and they confirmed the price she told me was correct.

I asked for the driver and they showed me,I walked a few steps back to the lady to come so that i can give the driver the money and tell him to give her the change for refreshment but she said she is not a kid that i should give her the money in the hand to pay by herself .

I new i had seen a local thief .I just left her and went my way.

And you think they would go back and start opening files one after the other to look for his? That is if he even attached a passport to his file that could help identify him. The only time that could have worked, is after the interview.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In A Pickle Here Kinda, Please Come In. / Should I Accept This Police Job? / How To Answer 18 Common Interview Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.