Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC (32999 Views)

No Cash For Police, IG Baba Laments / BREAKING: IGP Deploys Four Commissioners Of Police To Ogun For Elections / INEC Appoints Amina Zakari As Head Of Collation Centre For Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by HeroicMeastro: 9:06am On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:
What does INEC need cash for? What kind of logistics payment that runs in millions that INEC cannot pay using e-channels? Nigerians should just end all this obsession with cash!

Mahmood should not fail and blame it on cash (CBN). If anyone should be complaining about cash, it should be village people, bus drivers and market women who handle small amounts of cash, not men like INEC chairmen who control millions of naira.
They (INEC) are referring to cash for logistical operations and you are still writing this?
Are you normal or do you have comprehension problem?

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Kennitrust(m): 9:06am On Feb 15, 2023
We will surely survive APC

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Musauzor(m): 9:07am On Feb 15, 2023
Why does APC take delight in seeing Nigerians suffering? Nigerians arise and boot them out this month. A bunch of bloodsucking demons

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

Are you an INEC staffer? Stop quoting me if you are not because e-channels can do almost everything cash transactions do.

The last time I checked, NYSC doesn't pay corpers using cash. Besides, CBN has branches in all the 36 states and the FCT. They kicked off Cash Swap program that targets unbanked Nigerians in rural communities. Those corps members should access cash through that channel, if they really need cash.

Unless the CBN drops this policy, everyone must embrace it. Cashless payments have more benefits than carrying cash about. Our problem is that we are obsessed with cash payments, and we are struggling to come to terms with the new normal.

You are extremely useless and DAFT! How can someone be this unreasonable?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Jogs1900: 9:07am On Feb 15, 2023
dalass:

He didn't do 1984. But he is the one doing this swap of 2022/2023. Without the Finance Minister hearing or knowing anything about it. Like what's the hush and hurry about this currency swap if it's not to sabotage this election

Emefiele is a pathological liar and whoever believes him is a mumu. He doesn't mean well and never meant well for this country. The Naira/ Foreign currencies have skyrocketed under his watch. You can't even access your own money.electronic money transfer is epileptic.

Anyone defending that guy will not see good in life. Amen!
Emefile is partisan..He should have resigned voluntarily or forcefully..The finance minister is not aware of the currency redesign, IMF and world bank that have experts in monetary policies asked him to jettison the policy, yet hes insisting..
We are watching.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by ThierryJay: 9:10am On Feb 15, 2023
Emmy909:
Thanks for giving them insight....... Most of the urchins are brain washed, these are the set of people that believe Buhari is Jubril from sudan grin

True bro. I'm not even a supporter of Buhari but I hate hypocrisy. Why abuse Buhari if you also exhibit dumber mentality?

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Trustedpronet: 9:11am On Feb 15, 2023
This is one of their game to cancel election. We are watching them in 3D.

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by letitrainnow(m): 9:11am On Feb 15, 2023
Make una no postpone this election oooo.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by ejimatic: 9:11am On Feb 15, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by sapele914(m): 9:14am On Feb 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
What a country

APC has succeded in running this country aground

Will election still hold like this ?
As usual typical oblivious Zombidient Obidunce.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Alary: 9:15am On Feb 15, 2023
saintkel:
d more u guys call Emefiele d more confused I get .....is he d commander of d federal republic?

So CBN is is APC ? so APC will direct CBN on what to do? If APC direct CBN to make money available to APC candidates as you think they control them , and denied other candidates cash elections..CBN should and its is intact independent, all INEC materials take with them so what are you saying? So president can tell INEC chairman not to conduct election if the chairman of the commission says he is ready. What you dont understand is , all these institutions are supposed to be independent. If not the president will dorely without your votes nominated the next president.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by ugo227(m): 9:15am On Feb 15, 2023
Pls read and understand before you comment
Jamesbiodun:
Funny, where is the money allocated to inec
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by sapele914(m): 9:18am On Feb 15, 2023
letitrainnow:
Make una no postpone this election oooo.
Which elections, sorry for the ignorant ones undermining the mafiosos in Abuja.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Maynman: 9:19am On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

Are you an INEC staffer? Stop quoting me if you are not because e-channels can do almost everything cash transactions do.

The last time I checked, NYSC doesn't pay corpers using cash. Besides, CBN has branches in all the 36 states and the FCT. They kicked off Cash Swap program that targets unbanked Nigerians in rural communities. Those corps members should access cash through that channel, if they really need cash.

When was the last time you checked?
Because i am a corper and i was paid cash during this osun election last year.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by rubyjan(f): 9:21am On Feb 15, 2023
[/quote][quote author=Hendrixky post=120920016]

It shows you haven't done inec work or you have no idea what it entails
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by mokset123: 9:21am On Feb 15, 2023
Ireportlive:

NYSC AdHoc staffs in remote community need cash as stipend ... This are young people you are sending to far off Yobe , Borno, Katsina to coordinate elections

Each police officer on guard is also entitled to some money for refreshments so as not to get involved with any local

all payment by inec for the election should be through e-channel, so as to curb corruption by inec and forensic audit can be done to trace all funds spent hence elections won't be business as usual for inec staff
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by AmotekunSW: 9:22am On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

You have a major comprehension issue.
Read what you quoted again.

You have serious mental issues.
Telling INEC to pay logistics workers via transfer.
You're very daft.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by sirwilson(m): 9:22am On Feb 15, 2023
INEC do transfer... Even market women are now accepting transfer...
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Tareq1105: 9:24am On Feb 15, 2023
Jamesbiodun:
Funny, where is the money allocated to inec

Emefiele is going to be messed up, and I can see the signal.

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Osolo1(m): 9:29am On Feb 15, 2023
Someone said they should do transfers ,please how many transfers will tou do to buy food refreshment and pay for transportation in one day ,some of you don't think about realities .
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by HardMirror(m): 9:30am On Feb 15, 2023
Tflex01:

Like.... They are disgustingly stupi.d!

I'm not sure most of them are up to 18.
the adults among them must be the dafest adults in this country. Everything is emotions for them. Very unstable people.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by solajacobs(m): 9:32am On Feb 15, 2023
What happened to cash transfer?
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by IslamIsIdiotic: 9:33am On Feb 15, 2023
Buhari is the sole architect of this currency swap problem and it is causing the same untold hardship today that it caused in 1984 when people were committing suicide because of it.
Buhari is notorious for being a poor planner and for being extremely incompetent at executing policies.
We saw it with his poor implementation of the National Identification Number system, his poor implementation of the BVN, his poor implementation of SIM card registration and now his poor implementation of a completely unnecessary currency swap just a few weeks to a general election. We haven't even mentioned the crippling fuel scarcity which is happening under his watch as a self appointed minister of petroleum. I suppose Emefiele is to blame for that as well.

I'm not saying Emefiele is a Saint,but if he was a rogue element like people are accusing him of being, then why hasn't Buhari sacked him? Buhari sacked Lawal Daura as head of the DSS and he sacked Ibrahim Lamorde and Ibrahim Magu as chairmen of the EFCC.

So why is Emefiele still keeping his job if he is implementing a different policy from what Aso Rock wants?

dalass:

He didn't do 1984. But he is the one doing this swap of 2022/2023. Without the Finance Minister hearing or knowing anything about it. Like what's the hush and hurry about this currency swap if it's not to sabotage this election

Emefiele is a pathological liar and whoever believes him is a mumu. He doesn't mean well and never meant well for this country. The Naira/ Foreign currencies have skyrocketed under his watch. You can't even access your own money.electronic money transfer is epileptic.

Anyone defending that guy will not see good in life. Amen!

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by EroticJane(f): 9:34am On Feb 15, 2023
Ireportlive:

Trump is made for life and still contesting.. Tinubu is equally as ambitious

You need cash as AdHoc staffs on election day to buy snacks and recharge cards especially if posted to remote areas

If you don't give them cash Tinubu and APC party agent would because APC cares.. plenty cash for them

the Nigerian corrupt mentality, finding every reason to cheat and commit crime. INEC should provide the snacks and recharge cards in bulk for them from a vendor, and pay the vendor with transfer.

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Ireportlive: 9:37am On Feb 15, 2023
EroticJane:
the Nigerian corrupt mentality, finding every reason to cheat and commit crime. INEC should provide the snacks and recharge cards in bulk for them from a vendor, and pay the vendor with transfer.

Will you be comfortable to go to Sokoto deep in the village where some islamist terrorist killed Deborah as an AdHoc staffs without any money for atleast transport or to rescue yourself if INEC can just give you recharge cards and snacks... Cash allowance is important

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by liasmiram2567: 9:38am On Feb 15, 2023
nairavsdollars:

https://dailytrust.com/10-days-to-go-no-cash-yet-for-elections-inec/

Has INEC Chairman come out today or yesterday to say that he the commission hasno cash to execute the Elections? NO!.So why the noise?
Are the adhoc staff ti be mobilised 10days before the election? NO!.There is no cause for alarm.All is well and good, INEChas been assured by CBN of availability of cash .
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Sumerians: 9:38am On Feb 15, 2023
Interesting time lies Ahead.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by EroticJane(f): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2023
JASONjnr:
Someone said something....

He said, what if we're meant to believe that this move is to stop vote buying and at the election day, we see only APC coming with bags of monies to all pulling units to trade votes....When everyone must have been tired and hungry and broke....Then only APC came with the new naira notes to share for the people?

I hope this isn't what will happen.... Because, this might just be a game plan. And everyone is behind their plans.

The whole thing might just be to make it seems like the FG is fighting Tinubu when in the real sense, it's making it simple for Tinubu to scale through easily....
that's why we keep singing and preaching "don't sell your vote" "don't sell your conscience" but a typical Nigerian will be looking for ways to justify his/her crime. we have suffered a lot but yet endured. so if APC on the election come with cash, we should all reject them but we ar too greedy.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Sumerians: 9:40am On Feb 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
What a country

APC has succeded in running this country aground

Will election still hold like this ?

Lol I thought you were Rejoicing earlier about the Cash Strapped policy that your brother and the Vegetable Implemented😂

B***k Heads everywhere😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by mechanics(m): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2023
They should calm down.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by PROPEACE: 9:45am On Feb 15, 2023
otokx:
Is this true? Why would INEC want to embark on cash payments?
That is the question no one is asking.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by EroticJane(f): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2023
Ireportlive:

Will you be comfortable to go to Sokoto deep in the village where some islamist terrorist killed Deborah as an AdHoc staffs without any money for atleast transport or to rescue yourself if INEC can just give you recharge cards and snacks... Cash allowance is important

Inec are responsible for the logistics not me. they provide vehicles to and fro. while will inec give me cash to transport myself to sokoto deep in the village? won't I collect the cash and sit in my house? you people make too much baseless assumptions. INEC don't give people cash to transport themselves to far locations for the purpose of elections. if it is recharge cards they load your line with airtime, not giving u money for recharge card.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MASSOB Barnishes Nwodo,wogu From Igbo Land / Reno Omokri Reacts To Senator Elisha Abbo Beating A Woman / Peter Obi Visits Emir Of Bauchi (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.