Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today (23919 Views)

Mass Defection Of Lawmakers Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today / Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today / DSS Clears 21 Nominees As National Assembly Resumes Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Brushstrokes20: 9:25am On Feb 15, 2023
# day of reckoning
The lawless, lifeless animal in human skin and emeFAILURE and cohorts must be checkmated ASAP!

Spineless buhari should tackle tinubu directly rather than subject millions of innocent citizens to unwarranted hardship undecided
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER undecided
ENOUGH OF NONSENSE!

2 Likes

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Windmoney: 9:26am On Feb 15, 2023
This man na BUHARI apprentice
Those governor's are just wasting their time.

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Ykc2(m): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2023
heykims:
Let me state this categorically.
All those supporting this evil policy by the CBN are devils. U are killing the innocent populace just because of political gains.
U go to the streets and see people suffering, yet some bassstards online will drumming support for the olodo CBN governor largely because one deceptive Obi and unruly Atiku are saying YES to the anti-masses policy. U will all suffer for backing thia kinda devilish policy.
let those billions of naira they stored in their various house let it turn to tissue papers, hunger will not kill Nigerians in ten days,your packing money with bullion vans in your house like there is no tomorrow today you want to exchange it with new ones na god go punish all of una ,what is business of obi with federal government policies?or you think changing new note is not buharis idea?who is emefiele to change naira if buhari don't say so,I think you smoke dried kiwi shoe polish

4 Likes

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by 1x2x3: 9:27am On Feb 15, 2023
heykims:
All those supporting this evil policy by the CBN are devils. U are killing the innocent populace just because of political gains.
U go to the streets and see people suffering, yet some bassstards online will drumming support for the olodo CBN governor largely because one deceptive Obi and unruly Atiku are saying YES to the anti-masses policy. U will all suffer for backing thia kinda devilish policy.

That's what we are saying. APC is in Power, Buhari is 100% in support of this policy. Why are you blaming PDP and LP supporters when everything happening is done by APC? Who is making those anti-people policy?

3 Likes

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Dicoomoba: 9:29am On Feb 15, 2023
Someone said something....

He said, what if we're meant to believe that this move is to stop vote buying and at the election day, we see only APC coming with bags of monies to all pulling units to trade votes....When everyone must have been tired and hungry and broke....Then only APC came with the new naira notes to share for the people?

I hope this isn't what will happen.... Because, this might just be a game plan. And everyone is behind their plans.

The whole thing might just be to make it seems like the FG is fighting Tinubu when in the real sense, it's making it simple for Tinubu to scale through easily....

Let's ponder on this...
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by IPIGSRHYPO: 9:30am On Feb 15, 2023
ContinuousTortu:

Continue foaming in the mouth. If you can't teach your father how to perform a USSD transfer to pay his bills, when I wonder the level of uselessness you have acquired ever since you sold your sense to support Tinubu.

Rubbish!
Dumbest MOFO. My father does not even need to do transfers. He's well takin care of.
I'm in Nigeria now and I have met so many without ATM or App to do transfer.
I'm sure that your own father in your village probably doesn't even have a phone that's capable of installing an app on or have basic understanding of how tooperate an android phone.
You are so blinded by one mission that you don't even see that even self they suffer grin

Either you make money available or not, Tinubu is your next president. Go and write that down.
Come back later to mock me if I'm wrong after the election.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by ContinuousTortu: 9:32am On Feb 15, 2023
IPIGSRHYPO:

Dumbest MOFO. My father does not even need to do transfers. He's well takin care of.
I'm in Nigeria now and I have met so many without ATM or App to do transfer.
I'm sure that your own father in your village probably doesn't even have a phone that's capable of installing an app on or have basic understanding of how tooperate an android phone.
You are so blinded by one mission that you don't even see that even self they suffer grin

Either you make money available or not, Tinubu is your next president. Go and write that down.
Come back later to mock me if I'm wrong after the election.

continue foaming and writing trash. APC had lost this election! Go and sleep, dunderhead!
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Bluntemperor: 9:32am On Feb 15, 2023
The Supreme Court Justice should draw it's Sledge Hammer on the CBN,for violating the Apex Order on the use of Old Naira Notes!
What doe the CBN means by not obeying a simple rules and and Emefiele should stop bending the rules by running to the President!
Is Nigeria not under conditions of Necessity that made the Supreme Court to act in such way- just to safe situations,albert Public Interest that parochial ones,yet here is a fledgling CBN actor doing something else, when he was the very first person who engineered this Crisis in the first instance?
If a CBN is allowed to run away with this Impunity,then other lesser institutions will do worse tomorrow!
Very disguising situations!

1 Like

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by IamANigerianMan: 9:32am On Feb 15, 2023
Malory:
We all know that the supreme court has been bastardized but this is a crucial time for them to redeem their battered reputation by standing with the suffering masses. Let them decide what is the best for Nigerians.
Supreme Court does not stand with suffering masses, Supreme court interprete the law and the law is very clear, supreme Court cannot stop the agencies of government from performing their work .... Some of you are too dullard to my like.
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by sukar886: 9:34am On Feb 15, 2023
All those governor's are criminals
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Akalia(m): 9:35am On Feb 15, 2023
JoshTim:

Shut your dirty mouth. Am at work now, i don't have a single naira on me, no new notes,no old notes. Am still wondering how i will get tfare today. I need new 80k notes before next week to take to embassy. I ask you, how do I get it. You just spewing rubbish.
Don't mind the loose tongue who probably depends on someone to survive or is connected to someone in the corridor of access to the new notes. The stark reality is that a vast majority of Nigerians are experiencing the pang of this cash crunch, whoever that says or thinks otherwise is an enemy to the masses.

4 Likes

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by MiraDonaz: 9:35am On Feb 15, 2023
Urchinpainer:

We are coping already.

Abeg, how I go take get new money spend na?
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Lordzaza247: 9:35am On Feb 15, 2023
tamdun:
If Y'all believed this cashless nonsense will affect only apc then u know nothing,its going to affect pdp and obi/Lp that doesn't give shishi,they all need the cash.
Tinubu is the only candidate fighting against this policy and that alone may change some undecided minds/voters
I believe the undecided voters know that Tinubu is fighting for his selfish personal interest alone and nothing else
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by lexy2014: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2023
Penguin2:
Tor!

What I expect the Supreme Court to doโ€ฆ

I expect them not to extend the ex parte order on simultaneous usage of the old notes with the new notes.

Second, I expect them to hear the arguments of counsels in the case today and rule on the matter today or at most before 20th of this month.

The Council of State has met and backed the policy, so the Supreme Court justices know better than to go against the decision of the stakeholders of Nigeria. Iโ€™m sure theyโ€™ve been told what to do.

Besides Supreme Court had no business with monetary policy in the first place.

If you say that the supreme court has no business with monetary policy, then what business did a federal high court have when it gave a judgement that the CBN shouldn't extend it's February 10 deadline for the return of old notes?

If you say the supreme court has no business with monetary policy, can you tell us the matters under the constitution which the supreme court cannot adjudicate on?

Who are the "stakeholders of Nigeria"?
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Lovenorth: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2023
Who take supreme court judgement serious?
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Skmoda360(m): 9:37am On Feb 15, 2023
JASONjnr:

He said, what if we're meant to believe that this move is to stop vote buying and at the election day, we see only APC coming with bags of monies to all pulling units to trade votes....When everyone must have been tired and hungry and broke....Then only APC came with the new naira notes to share for the people?

I hope this isn't what will happen.... Because, this might just be a game plan. And everyone is behind their plans.

The whole thing might just be to make it seems like the FG is fighting Tinubu when in the real sense, it's making it simple for Tinubu to scale through easily....

Let's ponder on this...
You think outside the box...you sabi the gizzard.
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by faceland: 9:38am On Feb 15, 2023
I want this thing to be over but the governors are extending it... You looted those money, they were never your, just return it to the state treasury.
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by lexy2014: 9:39am On Feb 15, 2023
IamANigerianMan:

Supreme Court does not stand with suffering masses, Supreme court interprete the law and the law is very clear, supreme Court cannot stop the agencies of government from performing their work .... Some of you are too dullard to my like.

Who told you that the supreme court can't stop agencies of govt from doing their work?

Is creating naira scarcity and it's attendant suffering now the job of cbn that shouldn't be stopped?
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Komu1048(m): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2023
blazesam:
Am not bothered. CBN has it right to decide when and what is to be issued as legal tender and when to remove it from the economy.

Supreme court has no rights of telling CBN what to do in terms of currency.

Those supporting this are fools. We have been gradually goin through the process and becoming use to it.

Another thing people fail to understand about this regime is the man called Buhari, his decisions before coming in public are irreversible. Look at border closure on rice, Bvas and some other crucial things. This policy has come to stay. If you like die, the short term suffering can not be more than the long term enjoyment this will bring in the future.

Remember what CBN brought up yesterday

Speak for yourself, wc enjoyment have you benefited from border closure
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by HomoSapiien: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2023
JASONjnr:
He said, what if we're meant to believe that this move is to stop vote buying and at the election day, we see only APC coming with bags of monies to all pulling units to trade votes....When everyone must have been tired and hungry and broke....Then only APC came with the new naira notes to share for the people
I hope this isn't what will happen.... Because, this might just be a game plan. And everyone is behind their plansThe whole thing might just be to make it seems like the FG is fighting Tinubu when in the real sense, it's making it simple for Tinubu to scale through easily...Let's ponder on this...

You people are just confused making up all sorts of delusions in your head
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Jnrprince1(m): 9:43am On Feb 15, 2023
habsydiamond:
All these governors sha dey funny me. E be like say dem don forget say emefele na governor too. Why are they clamouring as if they are being affected than the masses.. most of them rely on the currency to bribe their way to second terms cos they didn't do well in the first.
Do you have any loved ones in the emergency ward right now and they don't accept transfer they only accept cash people are suffering out here people are stranded this are the only people that can stand for us right now.

1 Like

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by lexy2014: 9:44am On Feb 15, 2023
Ykc2:
let those billions of naira they stored in their various house let it turn to tissue papers, hunger will not kill Nigerians in ten days,your packing money with bullion vans in your house like there is no tomorrow today you want to exchange it with new ones na god go punish all of una ,what is business of obi with federal government policies?or you think changing new note is not buharis idea?who is emefiele to change naira if buhari don't say so,I think you smoke dried kiwi shoe polish

Is there anywhere in the constitution that the govt can suffer and should suffer nigerians and put them thru horrendous deprivation because you want some people's billions to turn to tissue?

How are you better than the politicians that you say are stored billions in their houses?

The man that you said packed billions to his house with bullion van, what year did he do this? If he committed any crime, why has the govt not arrested and prosecuted him up till now?

1 Like

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by timota(m): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2023
heykims:
U are talking like a slowpoke,who is supporting what,did APC govt seek the consent of anybody before coming up with this policy, was there any voting that u may say some people are supporting the policy, APC brought a policy and APC govt are implementing their policy and u are finding who to blame,u used 7 years to blame PDP and are using the eight year to blame the masses

2 Likes

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by ogatboy(m): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2023
Fill the form online and take your old note to cbn. If an atm gives you old note, keep the alert, take it to cbn and report the bank. Life is that simple. No need to complicate it. use POS machines for transactions when possible

1 Like

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Ekemini11: 9:47am On Feb 15, 2023
JASONjnr:

Let's ponder on this...
Lol. Imagine someone going to a polling unit in South east or south south with a bag of new naira notes that people can't get. He will be beaten.

1 Like

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Azaboy: 9:48am On Feb 15, 2023
By 12pm today..... We will know if the Nigerian constitution is supreme or if the institutions in Nigeria are supreme. Interesting times ahead. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

1 Like

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by timota(m): 9:49am On Feb 15, 2023
Bluntemperor:
The Supreme Court Justice should draw it's Sledge Hammer on the CBN,for violating the Apex Order on the use of Old Naira Notes!
What doe the CBN means by not obeying a simple rules and and Emefiele should stop bending the rules by running to the President!
Is Nigeria not under conditions of Necessity that made the Supreme Court to act in such way- just to safe situations,albert Public Interest that parochial ones,yet here is a fledgling CBN actor doing something else, when he was the very first person who engineered this Crisis in the first instance?
If a CBN is allowed to run away with this Impunity,then other lesser institutions will do worse tomorrow!
Very disguising situations!
The supreme court has no jurisdiction on that matter, the governors were supposed to take their case to a federal high court
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by IPIGSRHYPO: 9:51am On Feb 15, 2023
ContinuousTortu:

continue foaming and writing trash. APC had lost this election! Go and sleep, dunderhead!

After the election, brainwashed shallow low IQ mumus like you will come here to cry and wail that the election was rigged.
I already know all the dumb excuses that dumbos like you will be wailing and crying as to how Tinubu won the election. Start compiling your excuses. You will need them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 15, 2023
The governor of CBN decided to unleash shege to those crooked governors that are about to go for Senate. Their ill gotten wealth will perish. Stand with CBN, the suffering no start today, you must finish to d end.
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by blacksam01: 9:53am On Feb 15, 2023
Malory:
We all know that the supreme court has been bastardized but this is a crucial time for them to redeem their battered reputation by standing with the suffering masses. Let them decide what is the best for Nigerians.

malory
Re: All Eyes On Supreme Court As Suit Against Banning Old Naira Notes Resumes Today by ContinuousTortu: 9:55am On Feb 15, 2023
IPIGSRHYPO:

After the election, brainwashed shallow low IQ mumus like you will come here to cry and wail that the election was rigged.
I already know all the dumb excuses that dumbos like you will be wailing and crying as to how Tinubu won the election. Start compiling your excuses. You will need them.

Continue foaming in the mouth. Senseless pig!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Election: What To Expect From President-Elect Bola Tinubu - Reuters / 3 Policemen Dismissed For Firing Shots While Hyping Musician In Kano / FG Releases 7,000 Outstanding Petrol Loading Tickets Of Independent Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.