Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 (48026 Views)

Edo Election: PDP Approves Delegate List, Sets For Primary On February 22 / Fayose, Nigerians React As INEC Postponed General Elections Till February 23rd / Deji Adeyanju Remanded In Prison Till February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Lordatkinson: 11:56am On Feb 15, 2023
Since Supreme Court has decided to be adjourning a case that needs speedy and urgent attention.

President Buhari should issue EXECUTIVE ORDER to put all this mess to rest
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by MadamExcellency: 11:58am On Feb 15, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
That was before today but if the SC adjourns then anyone including Emefiele who rejects it is playing with fire.
CBN gov may be jailed or convicted las las to let everyone know their place.

High Court is also rejecting the old notes for payment of affidavit. Should I sue the High Court?

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by DriveByKiller: 11:58am On Feb 15, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Haaaa. El-Rufai will faint today. Where would he keep the whopping 20bn naira in his vault bayii. Na to burn dem for inside zaria forest. Chaiii. If you see any PSP truck coming out of bourdillon from today in numbers, its not sewage dem go pack oo. Na old notes.

To all Nigerians suffering this, I apologise on behalf of the CBN and FG. You're not alone, I'm also among those feeling the heat. Buhari had done 2 wonderful things which was why I voted him in 2015, given his antecedents but he's acting late. Well, better late than never shaa.. who says again that Buhari doesn't know what he's going? grin. I wish the indomie generation supporting nonsense witnessed his rule in the 80s. The 2 wonderful things he did were...

1) Reassurance on free and fair election by embracing BVAS

2) Naira redesign to cut their ill-gotten health to size. I keep saying this...Nigeria isn't a bad country. But the choices we make in electing bad people in government out of sentiments keep denting our image as a nation by allowing bad people to continue to hold sway. We will get sense someday.
the rantings of a dumb illusionist
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by ogatboy(m): 11:59am On Feb 15, 2023
The goal is to adjourn till after election. The problem is CBN has decided that it is not going back. After election is lost, the governors will not care, the case will be dead and CBN wll receive back all the old notes. CBN is so wise.

Nobody will collect old note if you try to buy votes with old notes.

APC has the most useless administration in the history of the world

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by MrColdsweat: 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
See as yarribastard chief justice don take tribalism Spoil the reputation of the supreme Court.
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by bishopclin(m): 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The Supreme Court Judgement on ex parte motion stands. Old naira remains a legal tender unless SC vacates its judgement.

Folks can now start suing Mr Emefiele in his personal capacity, the CBN, any bank or institution that rejects it and ask for their commital to prison or pay compensation to them for injury or discomfort caused them for rejecting the old N200, N500 & 1000 notes.
check my signature for free stuffs

What's the lifeline of an exparte order of a court? Just know that it's 14days from the order was given. The reason why the matter was brought up today is because the 14days period ended yesterday. If you still have the old notes, it will do you good if you will take it to CBN on or before 17th of this month.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Ezeama400: 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2023
[quote author=Benprass post=120925969][/quote]

Zimbabwe 2008 inflation
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Putinofrussia: 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Supreme court is fast becoming a useless organization. What a huge joke they are!

The country needs speedy judgement as regards this New currency, supreme court dey extend am. The CJN should be fired ASAP, man is highly unfit and incompetent. Meanwhile Tinubu urchins go wail tire today
lol
No be you dey wail so....kikikikikikiki grin
We continue spending the money.
Emefailure and imps faces in another smelling,stinking mud. grin
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by OloyeVIII: 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
That was before today but if the SC adjourns then anyone including Emefiele who rejects it is playing with fire.
we ain't collecting shii.. go bang a stick.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by christistruth01: 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2023
MadamExcellency:

High Court is also rejecting the old notes for payment of affidavit. Should I sue the High Court?

They said Supreme court
You are talking about High Courts
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

It will not be resolved, and nothing will scatter! Nor be Naija again?! grin

You underestimate the power of disunity among sufferhead people!

The solution or resolution lies with CBN... They have enough new notes (forget the lies online)... They are simply limiting the amount in circulation for reasons best known to them!

The way I see it... The new 200 notes may become more abundant soon! However, you see that 500 or even 1000 note... Dem go scarce for a very long time!

Where is the money? If Emefiele were to be a Yoruba man he would have been disgraced out of office by Buhari.

The IBOs propaganda machinery would have created chaos and scattered most part of Nigeria. Lagos would have been set ablaze and Lagos State properties and Tinubu properties damaged.

I don't rule out serious riots in the coming days.

Atiku and PDP don't invest much in South West. They did least campaign and investment in South West because South West have voting patterns that are not based on uncivilized and crude thinking. In 2019, on the eve of Presidential election, they said Tinubu brought money in two bullion vans. After the election, PDP won 3 out of the 6 South West States without spending a dime and much labour. If Tinubu were to be Hausa or IBO 80% of the votes would have gone to APC. What is the effect of the money except it is useful and of impact in the North and South East / South South.

Buhari and Atiku made me to believe BOKO is HARAM while ALMAJIRIN is HALAL because to BUHARI and ATIKU the present suffering of masses is HALAL while good economics is HARAM.
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by djon78(m): 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2023
Frankiss44:

Hoping people lose their money? Like I don't have the old notes in my wallet right now? Are you that dumb? The message was clear "look for ways to spend because we have leaders playing politics right now with the current situation. How can the Supreme Court rule on something and the CBN is saying another thing, yet we have a president who is mute about the whole situation. What does that tells you to start with?
Make ona de try get sense.. Even Keke drivers have stopped receiving the old notes here in PH.. To avoid problem I just give them the new notes but in the quest to spend the old notes, I bring it out first..

Abeg leave them

Very soon they will understand

There is nothing supreme Court can do about this

The new money still stands

Here in Abuja they are not collecting the old money

Na CBN people are listening to

All those money those governor's hoarded are already a waste

Them never see anything

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Angelfrost(m): 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2023
babaolofin:

Where is the money? If Emefiele were to be a Yoruba man he would have been disgraced out of office by Buhari.

The IBOs propaganda machinery would have created chaos and scattered most part of Nigeria. Lagos would have been set ablaze and Lagos State properties and Tinubu properties damaged.

I don't rule out serious riots in the coming days.

Atiku and PDP don't invest much in South West. They did least campaign and investment in South West because South West have voting patterns that are not based on uncivilized and crude thinking. In 2019, on the eve of Presidential election, they said Tinubu brought money in two bullion vans. After the election, PDP won 3 out of the 6 South West States without spending a dime and much labour. If Tinubu were to be Hausa or IBO 80% of the votes would have gone to APC. What is the effect of the money except it is useful and of impact in the North and South East / South South.

Buhari and Atiku made me to believe BOKO is HARAM while ALMAJIRIN is HALAL because to BUHARI and ATIKU the present suffering of masses is HALAL while good economics is HARAM.

Brother, your points are good! Me and you no get issue ra ra!

You see that Emefiele of a crook... Trust me, they have enough new notes to circulate round the nation today if they want to.

They are hoarding the damn thing at the behest of Buhari and the Cabal!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by TimT: 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

I witnessed one man ranting and shouting at an Uber driver that he must collect old notes or get sued or even forfeit the fare.

When boys rush am, na him jejely begin beg the Uber guy to accept transfer! embarassed

It's so easy to make laws and make mouth online... Enter street and force people to accept old notes na!!! Shioorrr!!!
Yes na.. that's the fact...
Here, we make laws anyhow without seeking the opinions of the average citizens...
We have Twitter, we have Facebook we have social media to do polls to get the opinion of people...
Everybody are afraid of collecting the old notes because they are not sure if it will leave their hands albeit easily....
Money is meant to be spent and not to be held forever...
That Uber guy get sense 😜😜
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by AngelicBeing: 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2023
sad
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by 2tpick: 12:09pm On Feb 15, 2023
drlateef:

Buhari is being used. Because he has said that he was deceived. But Emefiele has a axe to grind for losing in APC primary because he has spent billions buying cars for the campaign.

So the GCFR has no mind of his own that his appointee will be using him even with the realities on ground? Wonders shall never end
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by 4ward4: 12:10pm On Feb 15, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Haaaa. El-Rufai will faint today. Where would he keep the whopping 20bn naira in his vault bayii. Na to burn dem for inside zaria forest. Chaiii. If you see any PSP truck coming out of bourdillon from today in numbers, its not sewage dem go pack oo. Na old notes.

To all Nigerians suffering this, I apologise on behalf of the CBN and FG. You're not alone, I'm also among those feeling the heat. Buhari had done 2 wonderful things which was why I voted him in 2015, given his antecedents but he's acting late. Well, better late than never shaa.. who says again that Buhari doesn't know what he's going? grin. I wish the indomie generation supporting nonsense witnessed his rule in the 80s. The 2 wonderful things he did were...

1) Reassurance on free and fair election by embracing BVAS

2) Naira redesign to cut their ill-gotten health to size. I keep saying this...Nigeria isn't a bad country. But the choices we make in electing bad people in government out of sentiments keep denting our image as a nation by allowing bad people to continue to hold sway. We will get sense someday.

Going by your second Motion, How was the I’ll gotten wealth cut to size. A man that have 20bn still have same provided he was able to make such deposit. Funny enough , majority of such politicians doesn’t even have such cash in Naira, to be specific no one does.
The title politician in African settings , shouldn’t be undermine . They are the very first to get anything good, an express access to Cash, grants and loans. You could see Ned , gifting Regina bunch of New N200, automatically amounting to 200k… He Ned is just one of them, just forget . Only the masses are suffering this Shit.
The only good I see is that it will help in curtailing kidnapping. As majority of them always ask for cash , but for the politicians They are Above the Law
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by dapsoneh: 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Supreme court is fast becoming a useless organization. What a huge joke they are!

The country needs speedy judgement as regards this New currency, supreme court dey extend am. The CJN should be fired ASAP, man is highly unfit and incompetent. Meanwhile Tinubu urchins go wail tire today
supreme court is working on the order of Emefiele nd Buhari. As it sands, all old notes are not legal tender until Feb22 and thats if wen there is an extension
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by lereinter(m): 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
SC judges don't lack new notes
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by djon78(m): 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

You are trying too hard to convince no one! Rest oga!

Nairaland and Supreme court can say whatever they like... Governors can form activity from now till tomorrow!

The average Nigerian citizens listen to only two people: Buhari and CBN!

If these two people don't verbally and clearly rescind their imposed deadline (which is already past), then your old notes become your cross to bear!

Let's not bicker or bandy words online... Walk about and spend those old notes as you like!

I don't know your location, but everywhere I have been, most Nigerians are rejecting the old notes! Facts!

When you pay driver or mama put or trader or even supermarket, and they refuse to accept the notes, call Elrufai or CJN to come and lock them up!!!

No need beating chest online!!!

Don't mind them

As far as this issue is concerned

The buck stops on Buhari or CBN table

Supreme Court are inconsequential

And many Nigerians are no longer accepting the old money
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Angelfrost(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2023
TimT:

Yes na.. that's the fact...
Here, we make laws anyhow without seeking the opinions of the average citizens...
We have Twitter, we have Facebook we have social media to do polls to get the opinion of people...
Everybody are afraid of collecting the old notes because they are not sure if it will leave their hands albeit easily....
Money is meant to be spent and not to be held forever...
That Uber guy get sense 😜😜

Don't mind the overfed urchins making noise online... Las las, na street go clear their doubts.
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

Brother, your points are good! Me and you no get issue ra ra!

You see that Emefiele of a crook... Trust me, they have enough new notes to circulate round the nation today if they want to.

They are hoarding the damn thing at the behest of Buhari and the Cabal!

They don't have. Naira redesigning and cash swap is not to print the same amount of new notes to replace retrieved notes but encourage cashless transaction to remove pressure on liquid cash. They later decided to print more. It can never work until after about 5 months.
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Reference(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Arrested by who.... the police? that is under the central command of the person behind the whole scheme?.....
I don't think you guys knew the implication of supporting totalitarian rule all these years when you were yakking, 'Sai Baba'.
Now you want independence for the institutions you once wanted held bound by one man.
Talk of poor quality citizenship.
Na to chop wetin una don dey cook since 2015.
It is harvest time.
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Angelfrost(m): 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2023
djon78:

Don't mind them

As far as this issue is concerned

The buck stops on Buhari or CBN table

Supreme Court are inconsequential

And many Nigerians are no longer accepting the old money

Honestly, I don't even understand what the moronic clowns are arguing about!

Is Nairaland the CBN center or Aso Rock of Nigerian traders and drivers?!!

Carry old notes enter street first... You go trek back to your house with them! grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Angelfrost(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2023
babaolofin:

They don't have. Naira redesigning and cash swap is not to print the same amount of new notes to replace retrieved notes but encourage cashless transaction to remove pressure on liquid cash.

That's also a very strong point and possibility!

Hmm... Smart Nigerians should find ways to adjust.
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by djon78(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

Honestly, I don't even understand what the moronic clowns are arguing about!

Is Nairaland the CBN center or Aso Rock of Nigerian traders and drivers?!!

Carry old notes enter street first... You go trek back to your house with them! grin

Na all those governor's that hoarded money I dey laugh at

CBN and Buhari don play them well

Buhari and emefiele have achieved there aim
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2023
Ezeama400:
Expect adjournment till after the election

I no fit laugh grin grin cheesy grin

El Rufai e no go better for you..

Keep that wailing till after 25th because you will need it more then.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by sparko1(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2023
Frankiss44:

Hoping people lose their money? Like I don't have the old notes in my wallet right now? Are you that dumb? The message was clear "look for ways to spend because we have leaders playing politics right now with the current situation. How can the Supreme Court rule on something and the CBN is saying another thing, yet we have a president who is mute about the whole situation. What does that tells you to start with?
Make ona de try get sense.. Even Keke drivers have stopped receiving the old notes here in PH.. To avoid problem I just give them the new notes but in the quest to spend the old notes, I bring it out first..

You are the one talking without sense, the supreme Court is the highest court in the land, the CBN has no power to say anything if the supreme Court is talking, even the president can't make a contrary statement.
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Reference(m): 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2023
babaolofin:

They don't have. Naira redesigning and cash swap is not to print the same amount of new notes to replace retrieved notes but encourage cashless transaction to remove pressure on liquid cash. They later decided to print more. It can never work.

They will NEVER reprint the 3 trillion that is held in pits, under beds and in shipping containers.
They will probably max out at one trillion and that's it.
Government lacks the institutional capacity to bring the weight of the law on money launderers, so they want to use the people's push back to squeeze the cash out of the holes where it has been hidden.
That has been the strategy from the get go.

We spoke about the dangers of the 'black economy' since the PDP days, how individuals through the proceeds of crime were getting richer than the State and destabilizing the few, weak and ineffectual institutions we have.
It is like this government finally woke up to the threat.
I have no complaints about the Naira swap policy.

If you know anyone hoarding cash, just report to the authorities and after a while all this will be history.
We are the cause of our problems.
We don't resist criminality.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by Babastrong(m): 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2023
Buhari did more than 2 things you mentioned.
3. He made your caked dog (Nnamid kanu) realised that it's still buhari that is ruling not jubrin from sudan.
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by jaxxy(m): 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2023
Good
Re: Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 by faceland: 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
Naira20:
Kikikiki... Even courts in Lagos are rejecting Old notes.

Meanwhile

The judges probably have bribes in cash. I don't think they are buying time, they want to sabotage the goal so their cash can be safe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali / DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide / Supreme Court Adjourns Naira Redesign Suit To March 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.