Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes (27585 Views)

Primaries: Politicians Buy Up Fuel, Hotels Booked Out For Delegates / Two Oyo State Monarchs Claim To Help Politicians Win Elections With Juju / EFCC Reacts To Claims That It Is Only Going After Christian PDP Public Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by PHIPEX(m): 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
How much new notes do they have to share? Whatever they have now is insignificant to what they planned and budgeted for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by millionboi2: 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
Very true

1 Like

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by skyblue4real(m): 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
Those that have mind to kill another person are wicked than devil. I do ask when this kind thing happen, where is some people's conscience?
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Creamypie(m): 2:23pm On Feb 15, 2023
tamdun:
Only one region is supporting this cashless nonsense but am not surprised,same people killed dora Akunyili husband,killed their house of Rep member,killed their monarch,killed husband and wife and even removed the private part of the woman,they kill their own people just to hurt buhari,am sure y'all know the people am talking about
Abeg that captive sitting on the ground with gun pointed at. Who is he? Is he the traditional ruler? Did they kill him?
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by UncommonLogic: 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hopium:
cheesy Jungle don dey mature small small.

When they were making noise about how Buhari is punishing Tinubu to stop him from buying buying vote, they didn't think in this direction. They were suffering the cash and fuel scarcity in real life, but will come online to rejoice because Tinubu is going to lose the election. That delusional satisfaction and pending reward far outweigh the suffering, depression, and hunger waving across the nation. In their small and feeble mind, the pain and anguish they themselves are experiencing (including their parent in the village, their neighbors, friends, and colleagues) is worth it so far Obi is coasting to victory.

Jungle don dey mature.

It's only a naïve and inexperience mind who doesn't know how the real world works would think a person like Asiwaju can't access the new notes for vote buying. When people say Obi followers are dense, they're right. Very right. The mystery is that majority of his fan base are schooled but seeing how they think would make you pity the hard earned money their parents wasted sending them to school.

To every dull obidient other there who still think the naira scarcity is working in the favour of their principal, get it into your skull that aside the relative ease politicians now have to buy votes on the 25th, the apex danger of all is the possibility of the election not holding and an interim government being installed. Asiwaju tried to redirect your minds towards the things that matter, but you called him all sort of names.

INEC is already complaining of cash scarcity. What happens if they can't get cash to mobilize their ad-staff? I've read some mumu takes today about how INEC doesn't need cash to carry out their responsibility. Many people need to get their brain checked. I fear for the future of this country. We have some may illiterates who only when to school but failed to be educated. Full adults in their 50s, 40s, 30s who doesn't how the world works; have no clue about the nation's electoral process; zero clue about national politics; people who have substituted social media raves with critical thinking. These are people who have passed on their genes or getting prepared to. cheesy

I'm so shocked at the level of gullibility and shallowness among the so called Nigerian youths especially those Ob followers.
Anyone with common sense should already know by now that ot will be easier now to buy votes.
These ones call themselves educated but the lack basic common sense.
It's now going to be easier to huy votes for even for less money.
Some of these fools just believe anything they hear with doing their own rational thinking.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by LaconicINC: 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
Make Rinu park well!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Abudat(m): 2:28pm On Feb 15, 2023
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Juanmike(m): 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
Vote buying this, that na mumu go sell him conscience because of 5k.
Anyway I would most likely sell mine should right offer comes like 100 million.
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by NuraSambo: 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hendrixky:
And you think efcc, icpc and dss will fold their hands

Information reaching me says

This people will be on every polling unit that day

So EFCC, ICPC and DSS cannot be bribed abi? You talk as if you come from the moon

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Hendrixky: 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2023
NuraSambo:
So EFCC, ICPC and DSS cannot be bribed abi? You talk as if you come from the moon

Not under Buhari bro
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by NuraSambo: 2:30pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hendrixky:

Not under Buhari bro

Hahahahaaaahaa. He go do you like film trick

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Akujuriobi: 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
[
You don't have shame for always talking about vote buying,does it mean that Nigeria politicians cannot win election without vote buying. Shame to you guys. Give the money to me and see me voting my conscience. You don't build a country on falsehood. nobody is happy on how they have mismanaged the country. Shame shame shame to whoever hope to buy the masses to win election. Sale your vote and remain perpetual poor.quote author=Hopium post=120929755] cheesy Jungle don dey mature small small.

When they were making noise about how Buhari is punishing Tinubu to stop him from buying buying vote, they didn't think in this direction. They were suffering the cash and fuel scarcity in real life, but will come online to rejoice because Tinubu is going to lose the election. That delusional satisfaction and pending reward far outweigh the suffering, depression, and hunger waving across the nation. In their small and feeble mind, the pain and anguish they themselves are experiencing (including their parent in the village, their neighbors, friends, and colleagues) is worth it so far Obi is coasting to victory.

Jungle don dey mature.

It's only a naïve and inexperience mind who doesn't know how the real world works would think a person like Asiwaju can't access the new notes for vote buying. When people say Obi followers are dense, they're right. Very right. The mystery is that majority of his fan base are schooled but seeing how they think would make you pity the hard earned money their parents wasted sending them to school.

To every dull obidient other there who still think the naira scarcity is working in the favour of their principal, get it into your skull that aside the relative ease politicians now have to buy votes on the 25th, the apex danger of all is the possibility of the election not holding and an interim government being installed. Asiwaju tried to redirect your minds towards the things that matter, but you called him all sort of names.

INEC is already complaining of cash scarcity. What happens if they can't get cash to mobilize their ad-staff? I've read some mumu takes today about how INEC doesn't need cash to carry out their responsibility. Many people need to get their brain checked. I fear for the future of this country. We have some may illiterates who only when to school but failed to be educated. Full adults in their 50s, 40s, 30s who doesn't how the world works; have no clue about the nation's electoral process; zero clue about national politics; people who have substituted social media raves with critical thinking. These are people who have passed on their genes or getting prepared to. cheesy[/quote]
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by LegendHero(m): 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
This is the first time is short devil made sense.

I already opined that before on Nairaland too. Naira scarcity will only strengthen politician vote buying more because people that won’t necessarily sell vote on a normal day will sell it just to hold that naira.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Hendrixky: 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
NuraSambo:
Hahahahaaaahaa. He go do you like film trick

Can you put your money where you mouth is?
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by oladele00(m): 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
Make them poor and malnourished and see whether they will beg for a plate of porridge or not. The policy has further exacerbated vote buying. Party officials with registered business accounts will be saddled with the responsibility of transferring funds to voters. It's the way forward. They won't teach you this in school👨‍🦯👨‍🦯👨‍🦯👨‍🦯👨‍🦯

1 Like

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Amalekki: 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
Great points. That's why they say a people deserve their leaders, as the leaders are true reflections of those they represent.

On Obidients, take a look at the leader himself. I saw a depressing video of him being asked to list the 5 KPIs that would help him with feedback and decision making if elected. He wasted a good opportunity because he's got no clue. He confirmed himself to be a total scam.

How can someone that dazzled the clueless with figures and statistics not have any idea of relevant KPIs for his government? That is the man Nigerian youths that are claiming to be educated are yearning for, then they start complaining after a few months in power when they face reality.

Hopium:

Jungle don dey mature.

INEC is already complaining of cash scarcity. What happens if they can't get cash to mobilize their ad-staff? I've read some mumu takes today about how INEC doesn't need cash to carry out their responsibility. Many people need to get their brain checked. I fear for the future of this country. We have some may illiterates who only when to school but failed to be educated. Full adults in their 50s, 40s, 30s who doesn't how the world works; have no clue about the nation's electoral process; zero clue about national politics; people who have substituted social media raves with critical thinking. These are people who have passed on their genes or getting prepared to. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by BluntCrazeMan: 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Adexgentle005(m): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hendrixky:
And you think efcc, icpc and dss will fold their hands

Information reaching me says

This people will be on every polling unit that day

Bros as it stand now they are compromised. Efcc o, ICPC, and Dss all compromised.

1 Like

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by lexy2014: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2023
[quote author=Racoon post=120929815][/quote]

where did you get that quote? its a super quote. just what nigerians should be doing but like Fela said we are a "suffering and smiling" bunch of people
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Akujuriobi: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2023
[
You don't have shame for always talking about vote buying,does it mean that Nigeria politicians cannot win election without vote buying. Shame to you guys. Give the money to me and see me voting my conscience. You don't build a country on falsehood. nobody is happy on how they have mismanaged the country. Shame shame shame to whoever hope to buy the masses to win election. Sale your vote and remain perpetual poor.
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Ireportlive: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2023
Vote buying would be so cheap... Many would collect #500

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by 07kjb: 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2023
tamdun:
Only one region is supporting this cashless nonsense but am not surprised,same people killed dora Akunyili husband,killed their house of Rep member,killed their monarch,killed husband and wife and even removed the private part of the woman,they kill their own people just to hurt buhari,am sure y'all know the people am talking about

After suffering you will still go back and vote APC are you not the foolish one here
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Adexgentle005(m): 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hendrixky:

Not under Buhari bro

Dey play

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by Raymond84: 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hopium:

https://twitter.com/SavvyRinu/status/1625774889868177408

Now tell me why vote selling won't be a lucrative business for the voters.

The politicians you want to starve have already accumulated sufficient new Naira notes for their election through the banks. That's obvious!

In reality, if there are no changes to the country's current cash situation, the public may be more susceptible to politicians during the election because the politicians already have the new Niara notes in their possession for the election.

Trust me, there won't be votes buying this time around; what you are about to witness is VOTE SELLING.

Yes! It is true that the policy may not be contentious, but the execution leaves much to be desired. Proper planning is critical to successfully implementing a policy, even within an organization, let alone an entire country with over 200 million people.

6 Likes

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by alrahmanonline(m): 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2023
I thought all Obidient are happy about the policy ni? What changes? What an elder(Tinubu) see while sitting, the few sensible Obidients are now seeing it after running Helter skelter. grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by 07kjb: 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2023
LegendHero:
This is the first time is short devil made sense.

I already opined that before on Nairaland too. Naira scarcity will only strengthen politician vote buying more because people that won’t necessarily sell vote on a normal day will sell it just to hold that naira.

Una dey sell vote for how much sef

Seems u guys are irredeemable
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by NuraSambo: 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hendrixky:

Can you put your money where you mouth is?
Mr Oga. This election might not hold. This policy is an attempt towards instigating a national crisis. That is the unfortunate direction the whole thing is heading towards.
If you think the Naira change policy is actually to prevent vote buying, then you certainly don't know how desperate Nigerian politicians are, and how adept they in circumventing the system.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by MrColdsweat: 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
Nigerians must pressure the lawmakers to criminalize vote buying. Anybody caught in the act should be sentenced for life because you are jeopardising the lives of millions of people because of your poverty and selfishness.
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by tamdun: 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
Creamypie:
Abeg that captive sitting on the ground with gun pointed at. Who is he? Is he the traditional ruler? Did they kill him?
Yes,he's a traditional ruler but am not sure if they release him or not

1 Like

Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by fridayking(m): 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hopium:

When they were making noise about how Buhari is punishing Tinubu to stop him from buying vote, they didn't think in this direction. They were suffering the cash and fuel scarcity in real life, but will come online to rejoice because Tinubu is going to lose the election. That delusional satisfaction and pending reward far outweigh the suffering, depression, and hunger waving across the nation. In their small and feeble mind, the pain and anguish they themselves are experiencing (including their parents in the village, their neighbors, loved ones, friends, and colleagues) is worth it so far Obi is coasting to victory.

Jungle don dey mature.

Only a naïve and inexperience mind - that doesn't know how the real world works - would think a person like Asiwaju can't access the new notes for vote buying. When people say Obi followers are dense, they're right. Very right. The mystery is that majority of his fan base are schooled but seeing how they think would make you pity the hard earned money their parents wasted sending them to school.

INEC is already complaining of cash scarcity. What happens if they can't get cash to mobilize their ad-staff? I've read some mumu takes today about how INEC doesn't need cash to carry out their responsibility. Many people need to get their brain checked. I fear for the future of this country. We have so many illiterates who only went to school but failed to be educated. Full adults in their 50s, 40s, 30s who doesn't how the world works; have no clue about the nation's electoral process; zero clue about national politics; people who have substituted social media raves with critical thinking. These are people who have passed on their genes or getting prepared to. cheesy

I'm not doomposting nor praying for this to happen: The supreme court judgement only put Nigerians into more confusion. The CBN has rendered old notes illegal, banks are rejecting it, filling stations are rejecting it, people have started to reject too. BUT there's no new cash in circulation. Nigerians are in a limbo with no where to face. The commander-in-chief is silent. CBN is not obeying court orders.

From now until election, we will see many protests and riots. I don't see how this election won't be postponed. I don't. And when this happen, print it in your brain that Jagaban is not your enemy. He voiced out, warned us of impending dangers, even gave the CBN solution.

Your enemy is Buhari and by some extension Emefiele (that one will end up in jail one way or the other).

Bros...

Keep dreaming...
Re: Rinu: Scarcity Of Naira Is Only Going To Help Politicians Buy Votes by yusluvad(m): 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hopium:

When they were making noise about how Buhari is punishing Tinubu to stop him from buying vote, they didn't think in this direction. They were suffering the cash and fuel scarcity in real life, but will come online to rejoice because Tinubu is going to lose the election. That delusional satisfaction and pending reward far outweigh the suffering, depression, and hunger waving across the nation. In their small and feeble mind, the pain and anguish they themselves are experiencing (including their parents in the village, their neighbors, loved ones, friends, and colleagues) is worth it so far Obi is coasting to victory.

Jungle don dey mature.

Only a naïve and inexperience mind - that doesn't know how the real world works - would think a person like Asiwaju can't access the new notes for vote buying. When people say Obi followers are dense, they're right. Very right. The mystery is that majority of his fan base are schooled but seeing how they think would make you pity the hard earned money their parents wasted sending them to school.

INEC is already complaining of cash scarcity. What happens if they can't get cash to mobilize their ad-staff? I've read some mumu takes today about how INEC doesn't need cash to carry out their responsibility. Many people need to get their brain checked. I fear for the future of this country. We have so many illiterates who only went to school but failed to be educated. Full adults in their 50s, 40s, 30s who doesn't how the world works; have no clue about the nation's electoral process; zero clue about national politics; people who have substituted social media raves with critical thinking. These are people who have passed on their genes or getting prepared to. cheesy

I'm not doomposting nor praying for this to happen: The supreme court judgement only put Nigerians into more confusion. The CBN has rendered old notes illegal, banks are rejecting it, filling stations are rejecting it, people have started to reject too. BUT there's no new cash in circulation. Nigerians are in a limbo with no where to face. The commander-in-chief is silent. CBN is not obeying court orders.

From now until election, we will see many protests and riots. I don't see how this election won't be postponed. I don't. And when this happen, print it in your brain that Jagaban is not your enemy. He voiced out, warned us of impending dangers, even gave the CBN solution.

Your enemy is Buhari and by some extension Emefiele (that one will end up in jail one way or the other).
I can't agree less...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Promises To Address Issue Of Marginalization & Other Demands In The SE / 2023: PDP Can Win Without Wike, Atiku Tells Party’s BOT / Dogara, 125 APC Aspirants Seek Nomination Fee Refund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.